Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I mean I wish Hin could be 5'7" but her official art ballparks her at...not that tall. If she's 5'7" then Xander would have to be like 6'7" and I know Xander is a tree but he's not that much of a tree.

5'4" is my height. A lot of my other asian girl friends are 5'1". If you're a 5'7" woman in Asia you could be a model. If Rinkah's gonna be canonically not very tall, might was well own up to that and just be a short strong buff who can punch you out or something.

Maybe my measurements were a bit too high, maybe an inch or two less, but they seem too short if I can be taller than them as a 5'5" asian (there seems to be a lot of asians here, but that shouldn't be a surprise). Hinoka is at least taller than/equal to Corrin right? I can't imagine a 5'2-4" Lord other than maybe Roy (And others I don't know).

Edit:Referring to Male Corrin with short build.

Edited by KongDude

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm so jealous

soooo so jealous

I would love to be tall holy shit

You... wanna average out our heights? 5'7" sounds like a good compromise for both of us! :( I mean yes being tall is good because of societal bias but I stand out a lot more and it's hard to fit in clothes

Edited by GuiltyLove

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Maybe my measurements were a bit too high, maybe an inch or two less, but they seem too short if I can be taller than them as a 5'5" asian (there seems to be a lot of asians here, but that shouldn't be a surprise). Hinoka is at least taller than/equal to Corrin right? I can't imagine a 5'2-4" Lord other than maybe Roy (And others I don't know).

I just looked at the OA and eyeballed Corn seem to be more along the lines of ~5'6" there, which is probably fine for the smaller male corn which is what's used as the default. Hinoka's standing a bit further back so there's persepective and there is a good subtle amount of height between them. Tall male Corrin is probably taller than that.

http://imgur.com/Tu9ksa5
this is what im going by

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

You... wanna average out our heights? 5'7" sounds like a good compromise for both of us! :( I mean yes being tall is good because of societal bias but I stand out a lot more and it's hard to fit in clothes

I'm pretty down with 5'7" yeah

let's do this

Edited by Thor Odinson

30 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

She's not really much shorter than most of the Hoshido female cast, though...?

Like I'd ballpark her around 5'1"- 5'3" (if I estimate Hinoka to be around 5'4") which is perfectly normal adult height for a Japanese woman.

Judging by in-game character models, I guess she is comparable to the Hoshidan female cast, with Sakura using short female character model, Kagero using tall female character model, and Rinkah and Hinoka using medium female character models.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I believe Hinoka and female Corrin uses the same height in their character models. I do not remember seeing Hinoka and Corrin in the same animated cutscenes, so we do not know for sure if she is indeed taller. They are at least in equal in height.

I’m exactly 6 feet tall. Then again, I’m neither Asian nor a woman, so who the hell cares.

@GuiltyLove, I still like you <3

@XRay, I saw a collage of all playable in-game models in and out of their clothing, so that their height can be compared. I saved it somewhere into the fan art folder, have to look for it.

Edited by Vaximillian

Looking at the OA again though I can probably buy a 5'6" Hin since I looked more closely and she's standing with feet apart

which makes you look shorter than you actually are

40 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Casting pearls before swine makes sense now, as they cannot appreciate the beauty of Asian men and women

im not serious btw dont take offense

I'm 26, so about 400x older most than people here. I get mistaken to be in the early 20s or still a college student. I personally love it though so I can't relate to you guys' chagrin at being mistaken for young people

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm very tall for an Asian... it's kinda embarrassing! I'm 5'10 but there are some Asians I've seen here who are also around that height

Hinoka still needs to come back to me :( Still havent pulled her...

Damn, that's even tall for european standards for a woman, and about the same height as my sister who I pick on for being short...

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm so jealous

soooo so jealous

I would love to be tall holy shit

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Being tall seems fun when you're short, but it's not that great. Being able to reach evrything is pretty cool, as is looking over people in a crowd (I still hate crowds), but that's about it.

I'm 6'4, and needing special beds to be able to sleep right, and having to duck to enter certain rooms is not fun.

Just now, Bartozio said:

Damn, that's even tall for european standards for a woman, and about the same height as my sister who I pick on for being short...

Being tall seems fun when you're short, but it's not that great. Being able to reach evrything is pretty cool, as is looking over people in a crowd (I still hate crowds), but that's about it.

I'm 6'4, and needing special beds to be able to sleep right, and having to duck to enter certain rooms is not fun.

5'10 is short for Europeans? Dang 

Oh well I mean some Asians whom I know are also like 5'8 or higher so it's fine

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'll take that over nobody taking you seriously and needing to do overhead lifts for heavy things that are otherwise not overhead lifts for taller people

you know how hard it is to put an air conditioning unit on the window when you're short

also wrt age

I'm a few days from being 24 and I'm ok if people think I'm a college student but it's a bit insulting when someone asks me, a masters degree holder, when will I graduate high school

I didn't work my ass off and fuck up my sleep schedule so bad that I'm a year out of grad school and still haven't fixed it for people to think I'm still in high school

Edited by Thor Odinson

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

well geez, i'm 5'2"-5'4" (the doctors measured it different every time, apparently i grew 2 inches in a couple months when i was 20). i think i win the SF Being Short Olympics.

ADORABLE

TAKING U HOME WITH ME

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

5'10 is short for Europeans? Dang 

Oh well I mean some Asians whom I know are also like 5'8 or higher so it's fine

I think I said it's tall for European standards. My family is just special in regards to height...

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'll take that over nobody taking you seriously and needing to do overhead lifts for heavy things that are otherwise not overhead lifts for taller people

you know how hard it is to put an air conditioning unit on the window when you're short

I don't, especially since I've never put an air conditioning unit on a window in first place. You can always use a chair to compensate though, but you can't suddenly fix stores not selling matresses in the right size.

Always standing out is pretty annoying for a introvert though, what I would give for being short...

Just now, Bartozio said:

I think I said it's tall for European standards. My family is just special in regards to height...

I don't, especially since I've never put an air conditioning unit on a window in first place. You can always use a chair to compensate though, but you can't suddenly fix stores not selling matresses in the right size.

Always standing out is pretty annoying for a introvert though, what I would give for being short...

I'll trade

Also I order my mattresses online

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Well I mean Minerva canonically struck him down right

I mean hated each other is Nino and Sonia

Not this:

Minerva:
“Since I was little, I followed in Michalis’s footsteps. Whatever books he read, I read; whenever he practiced the sword, I was close by, watching, learning…He was always a step ahead: my hero, something to aspire to. Even now, some part of me loves him. …I love him enough to spare him death on some stranger’s sword, you see? Let him be punished by my hands.”

Not this:

Michalis:
“Don’t be a child. There are no right paths; just mine and yours, two that will never cross.”

Minerva straight up big bro worship him every single time he is mentioned, and Michalis is a strict older brother at worst. They are REALLY far from outright hating each other, no they are actually ridiculously close. Only reason they even fought is because of the whole Gharnef - their dad issue.