Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

For me, both English and Chinese have an extraneous 'pronunciation guide' that needs to be learned alongside the language itself if you want to pronounce it properly, the fact that China teaches it but the US doesn't isn't really the fault of the languages themselves.

That's fair.

Now with Cantonese, they don't teach the pronunciation guide either...

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Why? Does it remind her of Rigel and by proxy, Duma?

No, because she was a Japanese battlecruiser in her past life, and the Soviets fought the Japanese.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Celica hates your face.

no

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'll have you know DotA 2 is worth a full college course in Russian.

рывок? Ah, it’s probably “jerk”. It should be мудак (lit. nuthead), дебил (lit. debil), кретин (lit. cretin), идиот (lit. idiot), засранец (lit. shitter), уёбок (lit. fucker-up)… Russian has many ways to call your vis-à-vis names.

Well, that’s not so bad, except improve (yourself) needs a reflexive suffix (совершенствоваться) and it’s usually not “recommend for smb” but rather “recommend to smb” (рекомендовать всем instead of рекомендовать для всех)

Just now, Vaximillian said:

рывок? Ah, it’s probably “jerk”. It should be мудак (lit. nuthead), дебил (lit. debil), кретин (lit. cretin), идиот (lit. idiot), засранец (lit. shitter), уёбок (lit. fucker-up)… Russian has many ways to call your vis-à-vis names.

Well, that’s not so bad, except improve (yourself) needs a reflexive suffix (совершенствоваться) and it’s usually not “recommend for smb” but rather “recommend to smb” (рекомендовать всем instead of рекомендовать для всех)

(I was joking, the person who wrote that used google translate.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

That's more a problem with the US not wanting cute voices in their cartoons, I think:

I have not been well after I seeing the voice actor of pikachu speak in live video. If it is going to be a cutesy wutsy character, it better be a real one.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

That's more a problem with the US not wanting cute voices in their cartoons, I think:

Just import/produce some weebs, drive up demand for cutesy voices, and eventually we'll have 30+ voice actresses doing 5 year old voices.

I'm thoroughly convinced that it's more an issue with how Caucasians' vocal systems develop.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow, I doubt they'll be able to get an English dub to be anywhere remotely near as cute as the Japanese voice for Feh without recruiting someone's 5-year-old daughter to do the voices.

Feh flapping her wings was too cute last time. Patapatapatapatapatapatapata~

Just now, DehNutCase said:

(I was joking, the person who wrote that used google translate.)

I know, that’s where they got the wrong meaning for jerk from.

Just now, JSND said:

That moment when a Dota College Graduate got schooled by an actual Russian in an art of trash talking in a Fire Emblem boards

I'll have you know I dual Majored in Memery and Troll Posts, from the College of Reddit, University of 4Chan, thank you very much.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'll have you know I dual Majored in Memery and Troll Posts, from the College of Reddit, University of 4Chan, thank you very much.

>Lacks Tumblr high school and Master Degree of shitposting

BOY

1 minute ago, JSND said:

>Lacks Tumblr high school and Master Degree of shitposting

That's my graduate dissertation, good sir. I'm working on my PHD in weeaboo studies right now.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

That is as bad as when I noticed that Camus and Frederick are just the same guy with different wigs. 

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/File:Full_Portrait_Camus.png

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/File:Full_Portrait_Frederick.png

The fact that they share the same artist might have a lot to do with that.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

No, because she was a Japanese battlecruiser in her past life, and the Soviets fought the Japanese.

In retrospect letting the Soviets fight the Japanese was a bad idea- North Korea much? Though I understand why Truman wanted it- to reduce US casualties in case of a Japanese mainland invasion.

Also, Duma is the name for the Russian legislature. The entire plot of SoV is an allegory showing how Greece needs a Tsar unrestrained by a corrupted legislature and church.

1 minute ago, Rezanator said:

That is as bad as when I noticed that Camus and Frederick are just the same guy with different wigs. 

The mask wasn't working for him, so he got "Just for Men".

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In retrospect letting the Soviets fight the Japanese was a bad idea- North Korea much? Though I understand why Truman wanted it- to reduce US casualties in case of a Japanese mainland invasion.

Also, Duma is the name for the Russian legislature. The entire plot of SoV is an allegory showing how Greece needs a Tsar unrestrained by a corrupted legislature and church.

This is all I know.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

The fact that they share the same artist might have a lot to do with that.

It is still cringy.

While I was at it I also noticed that everyone except Fae (who a special snowflake) in the world of FEH has a heart shape face. 

11 minutes ago, Rezanator said:

TBH, the artists for this game sameface their characters a lot. That's not the only example.

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

TBH, the artists for this game sameface their characters a lot. That's not the only example.

One example I can think of off the top of my head is how Azura's and Katarina's faces look practically identical to each other in their Special attack arts.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

One example I can think of off the top of my head is how Azura's and Katarina's faces look practically identical to each other in their Special attack arts.

Yeah, Kaya8's artwork is good, but their girls' faces all look really similar.

And then there's the uncanny similarity between Navarre's, Clarisse's and Sonya's faces.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somehow, I doubt they'll be able to get an English dub to be anywhere remotely near as cute as the Japanese voice for Feh without recruiting someone's 5-year-old daughter to do the voices.

Christine Marie Cabanos would be my first choice based off some of her other roles outside Delthea. Maybe Sarah Williams or Cassandra Lee would do good too?

I just saw this on reddit. Love is everything.

Spoiler

lhk2cfehr0cz.png

I wonder what his sprite would look like. Be kind of ridiculous seeing a stern-looking man holding a wedding bouquet.

@GuiltyLove, would you love a man if he was like this? :p