Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I just saw this on reddit. Love is everything.

Reveal hidden contents

lhk2cfehr0cz.png

I wonder what his sprite would look like. Be kind of ridiculous seeing a stern-looking man holding a wedding bouquet.

@GuiltyLove, would you love a man if he was like this? :p

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous: that or putting a seasonal weapon on a character from a different seasonal banner. I got someone in my friend list with a Summer Robin who is equipped with a Carrot Lance+. It is pretty goofy-looking and just great in general, really.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous: that or putting a seasonal weapon on a character from a different seasonal banner. I got someone in my friend list with a Summer Robin who is equipped with a Carrot Lance+. It is pretty goofy-looking and just great in general, really.

Legion with the Watermelon Axe is goofy yet it works

Carrot Lance Effie is also appropriate sincr she always eats a lot

I'm waiting for a seasonal banner with some red joke weapons. I'd roll for them just to give those weapons to all my existing red faves (looks at all my 5* sword units)

Speaking of which, why hasn't there been a single red unit on the seasonal banners?

Edited by Korath88

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Carrot Lance Effie is also appropriate sincr she always eats a lot

She eats so much she’s already eaten paralogue!Xander and his horse. The horror.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Speaking of which, why hasn't there been a single red unit on the seasonal banners?

For me to be able to pull reds without having to fear to ever pull a seasonal.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

I'm waiting for a seasonal banner with some red joke weapons. I'd roll for them just to give those weapons to all my existing red faves (looks at all my 5* sword units)

I wouldn't know. Though discounting the seasonal banners, there has been at least one red character on each banner that has introduced new characters, so there's that.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I checked there channel and it seems like no teaser, unless like before, I'm missing something. Looks like I have to wait for another 20 hours :|

Nah, there's nothing new in the notification board in-game either. Oh well.

So what date and time is this video to be streamed? I don't have uni tomorrow like I will in future weeks (Education subjects begin a week earlier for reasons), so I should be able to watch it live.

Off-topic, if Saber's doing the girl pose, was I actually allowed to use him in my All-Girls run all along? But how am I to have all level 11s by the end of Act 2 then?
(Also, the ambush where you're forced to use Celica and Saber totally screwed up my muscle memory next fight I did.)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

So what date and time is this video to be streamed?

Look at the bulletin board. Date and time there is auto-converted for your time zone.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

So what date and time is this video to be streamed? I don't have uni tomorrow like I will in future weeks (Education subjects begin a week earlier for reasons), so I should be able to watch it live.

Off-topic, if Saber's doing the girl pose, was I actually allowed to use him in my All-Girls run all along? But how am I to have all level 11s by the end of Act 2 then?
(Also, the ambush where you're forced to use Celica and Saber totally screwed up my muscle memory next fight I did.)

Today at 8:30 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone) will be when it is.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Look at the bulletin board. Date and time there is auto-converted for your time zone.

Do you know how many things I follow that aren't even considerate enough to tell me the time zone in a form I understand?

It says 11:30am tomorrow. That works for me.

EDIT:

Today at 8:30 p.m. (Pacific Time Zone) will be when it is.

You see what I deal with? Pacific Time Zone is meaningless to me. Can't you just say GMT -Whatever it is? I don't say AWST when I'm reporting times as I percieve them.

Edited by phineas81707

I had a dream last night that they announced we were getting a load of new 3*'s. I got really excited, only to find that all the characters they added were original ones and didn't have any connection to FE at all -.- 

I really want the 3* bit to come true, though. They could add in characters people wouldn't pay for if they were a focus summon on their own :( 

Doubt that'll come to pass, though. Too much effort on new Heroes for people not to pull more... But still, that's what I would like ^.^

6 hours ago, Kaden said:

I just saw this on reddit. Love is everything.

Hide contents

lhk2cfehr0cz.png

I wonder what his sprite would look like. Be kind of ridiculous seeing a stern-looking man holding a wedding bouquet.

@GuiltyLove, would you love a man if he was like this? :p

I... see. I don't think Reinhardt is redeemable in any way though 

Hmmm now I'm thinking what other characters would look hilarious/strangely appropriate with joke weapons...

As mentioned before, Effie with Carrot Lance, Deft Harpoon and First Bite all fit her hungry persona.

Legion with the Watermelon axe fits his colour scheme and mask. Michalis would be hilarious, while Frederick would be a nice nod as an alternate Summer theme.

Leon with the Cupid Arrow would look appropriately fabulous. Niles would be...interesting with his suggestive phrases. Faye on the other hand would love to fire a Cupid Arrow to Alm...

Design-wise Faye would actually look pretty nice with Summer Gaius's Refreshing Bolt. 

M!Robin with a Blessed Bouquet would be a funny reference to him being able to S-Support pretty much everyone in Awakening (that player).

Linde and Bunny Lucina would fit the Blessed Bouquet with their costumes easily. Ursula with one just makes you think she's planning something and trying to catch you off guard.

Edgy Saizo/Jaffar throwing colourful seashells would be..interesting. Alternatively, Kagero throwing seashells would be the closest thing to a Summer version for Kagero fans. Felicia with a seashell would be cute though (yet making a strange contrast considering her Ice Tribe roots).

Azura with the Deft Harpoon gives a new meaning to her title "Lady of the Lake"

Donnel with the Carrot fits his farming villager roots. Deft Harpoon also works.

Peri with the giant First Bite spoon might actually look interesting with her cotton candy looking hair. Also she's apparently a good cook so it fits.

Maybe Lucius with a Candlelight, be a funny visual pun on his title "The Light" (and makes him look like a nice bride). That or Wrys for the memes.

Green Egg Nino would be appropriately cute. Green Egg Merric/Soren would be funny as well, since the weapon uses Wind effects. Sonya would be nice as well, adding some cuteness to her dark magic.

Similarly, Blue Egg Linde/Delthea/Bride!Caeda looks nice with the spring flower effects from the weapon.

Tsundere Clarisse with Summer Gaius's bow/Cupid Bow makes her even more tsundere.

Niles firing off Iceberg specials with Summer Gaius's Refreshing Bolt weapon.

Edited by mcsilas

So I've been working more on a horse team kinda out of both interest and boredom. They're Freddy, Reinhardt, Stahl, and Camus. Reinhardt has Goad Cavalry by default, and I've inherited Ward Cavalry onto Stahl from an extra Eliwood and Fortify Cavalry onto Camus from a Jagen. That just leaves Hone Cavalry to be given to Freddy, but I've never once pulled anyone that gets that. Who does get it? :P

Camus also needs his B slot filled, but that can wait until I upgrade him to 5 star. Stahl will also eventually need that treatment. The only question there will be who to promote first? lol I guess I'll have to flip a coin or something. XD

Michalis is my next priority for 5 star upgrading though.

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

It's good old Gunther. I'm surprised you never got one.

You mean Gunter. I must've never noticed he had it then, because I did actually pull him a couple times. But I used him for Armored Blow fodder on Freddy. xP And then I might've sent the other one home or something. Not sure.

But darn it. xP

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You mean Gunter.

The official NoJ name is "Gunther". I have no idea why NoA decided to use "Gunter" instead. There's also the fact that Gunther is normally a given name and Gunter is normally a surname, which is probably why people spell it wrong.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You mean Gunter. I must've never noticed he had it then, because I did actually pull him a couple times. But I used him for Armored Blow fodder on Freddy. xP And then I might've sent the other one home or something. Not sure.

But darn it. xP

He's also in the Hero Battle rotation. However, he just had his turn yesterday so you'd have to wait a bit if you want to get him that way if you haven't already.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The official NoJ name is "Gunther". I have no idea why NoA decided to use "Gunter" instead. There's also the fact that Gunther is normally a given name and Gunter is normally a surname, which is probably why people spell it wrong.

In English, it's Gunter though, and this is an English site. And Gunter is a normal name too, nothing wrong with using it. Go watch Sing, there's a character in it named Gunter. He's the pig who partners with Rosita for their performance. :P I also believe I recall reading a Nancy Drew book that has a side character named Gunter too, though I could be wrong.

And imo, Gunter sounds better than Gunther.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

He's also in the Hero Battle rotation. However, he just had his turn yesterday so you'd have to wait a bit if you want to get him that way if you haven't already.

Oh yeah, that's true. Would cost me some feathers if I went that route, but I could probably afford it by the time I'm ready to grab him.

Edited by Anacybele

I wish the localization team kept Gunther. Anybody else wants to hear him moan when you to touch his tra la la and ding ding dong?

I'm done with Fire Emblem Heroes rant:

Spoiler

My iPhone is toast. Got a replacement battery for my dead one and was confident I could swap it out myself (probably could have normally) but I was an idiot and made the horrible mistake of trying to do it at 3 in the morning after being up for almost 24 hours on 2+ hours of sleep. Lost 3 screws, screen wouldn't snap in place properly and the battery had it's connector on the bottom half so you had to put it in upside down which made things harder. 

One attempt to turn it on = White bars on top of normal display and only thing that works is the power button.

Another = white lines and nothing else, no buttons work.

Eventually I snapped the mechanism that the home button goes in by mistake (not all the way, but it's bent now)  assuming I didn't mess something up on the motherboard because the old battery sparked and steamed just a bit before it came out. Doesn't help that it happened while I was trying to pry it because I was so tired and impatient that I didn't realize I had a piece in my kit specifically made for cutting through the adhesive safely but didn't know what it was for before using something else. Also the screen snapped off. It can snap back on but the bottom part of it is broke and I was never able to properly close the phone anyways because the battery wouldn't go in right because it had to be upside down.

Then I look online and hear people say you need to have all the screws to make it work properly which is an instant loss and even if I were to find them all and somehow fix my snapped home button piece, it will still potentially not work if the motherboard is done.

I was impatient and when things went wrong I lost my cool, I did things less safely than normally and rushed because I didn't think I would have the time to do this later because of how busy the days have been. Instead of doing it in my space during the day after getting some rest I did it on the bathroom floor at night because my family was sleep and all the lights were off in the rest of the house and I have no light source other than my computer and ironically, my phone. The irony is that I'm almost home alone and I could probably do it right now and have succeeded (if I'd gone to bed instead of trying last night as I roasted a solid 2-3 hours in the morning) but that's what happens when you don't sleep, you make poor choices.

No other way to play and I refuse to play on an emulator and endure stupid errors for the rest of my days so I guess I'm done.

tl;dr sleep deprivation is a beast. Be smart and know your limits. I'm going to stick around for this coming update to see where this game is getting ready to go and I may check in every now and again but I think I'm done here. Probably will post sporadically throughout this next week and then that'll be it. ggs Heroes. Maybe in the future I'll be able to play again and maybe then Lyn will finally come home.

You guys are good folk, smart and helpful. Thanks for the advice and everything. You helped a F2P that's only been playing since April able to tackle some of the hardest missions in the game and beat some challenges I probably wouldn't have thought I could. Peace.

Edited by Zeo