Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Oboro! Looks like you get to use ur M!Robin :o 

I think I'll just use Elise and see how well I fare. I doubt I'll stay in tier 20 anyway

HOLY FRICK

TOME TEAM IS INSIDE 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that's pretty dumb. xP That pronunciation of Lucina too, wtf...

Sages consistently pronounced names wrong. At first it was accidental but now he liked to mess with people by mispronouncing fan favorites and pissing people off.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

Sages consistently pronounced names wrong. At first it was accidental but now he liked to mess with people by mispronouncing fan favorites and pissing people off.

Wow, that's kind of dickish...

@DraceEmpressaKinshi Takumi? Sure. 

As for Dire Thunder, well, the best thing the developers could do is to either make new/seasonal green and red tomes with the Brave effect and limit them to infantry or flying units or making them prf tomes to prevent horse emblem from ever getting them. Or...give that effect to the Forseti tome and the reign of Reinhardt will fall. 

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Actually, it's because the app he uses, Ditty, doesn't know how to pronounce Lucina. I've used it before, and I had to type out "Looseena" to get the correct pronounciation. He does enjoy his memes. though.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that's kind of dickish...

Well, some of the people in the comments were consistently rude to him about pronunciations, so he's sorta trolly with it as a retort. His fans (myself included, I've followed him since his days playing Tomodachi Life) know why he does that and understand what he's doing.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

ELISE SHARENA (to buff) KATARINA LINDE LET'S GOOOO

If only Olivia were at 5 star :(

You'd totally be able to make an ultimate tome team of death!

Pronunciation debates and arguments in FE won't go away until we literally have a site or an app that pronounces every single name, person, place, and item in the series for us. And even then, there will be arguments.

I'm one of those people that stubbornly pronounces "Titania" as "Tie-tane-ee-uh" rather than "Tih-tahn-yuh," because that's how I pronounced it before I heard its actual pronunciation in RD. You can't change my mine on that, IS. :P:

I do kinda wanna do a Mage Emblem and take it into the arena, just for the fun of it. See how well we do with like Nino, Tharja, M!Robin (I don't have a Linde, and I want some form of tankiness on the team...), and, like, Azama or something to be another physical tank/healer with the free Pain staff damage. That sounds horrible, but fun in the stupid sort of way. Reinhardt counts as a mage right? So I can put him on the team? ;):

Edited by Extrasolar

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@DraceEmpressaKinshi Takumi? Sure. 

As for Dire Thunder, well, the best thing the developers could do is to either make new/seasonal green and red tomes with the Brave effect and limit them to infantry or flying units or making them prf tomes to prevent horse emblem from ever getting them. Or...give that effect to the Forseti tome and the reign of Reinhardt will fall. 

I mean people have been reclassing him into kinshi class just for the aesthetics and the fine thighs, I am sure IS would have realize it by now. 

Ah, I can totally see that, I mean Summer Frederick's Seashell is as strong as the Silver Dagger, but not only decrease def and res, but also atk and spd. Tbh, in all incarnations, Forseti's effect is increasing speed... probably it's efect would be built-in Darting Blow ike Yato, Valflame would be Swift Sparrow 1. 

3 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm one of those people that stubbornly pronounces "Titania" as "Tie-tane-ee-uh" rather than "Tih-tahn-yuh," because that's how I pronounced it before I heard its actual pronunciation in RD. You can't change my mine on that, IS. :P:

I've always said it the first way! I didn't know it was the latter pronunciation... That's weird! I just thought that you would add "-ia" to the end of "Titan"...

meh

59 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Pronunciation debates and arguments in FE won't go away until we literally have a site or an app that pronounces every single name, person, place, and item, in the series for us. And even then, there will be arguments.

This is regarding a character who we know the pronounciation of though, and it seems people missed my explanation of how Ditty doesn't understand "Lucina".

I've never played a Tellius game, but I just assumed it was "Tie-tane-ee-uh"... Is that incorrect then?

59 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I mean people have been reclassing him into kinshi class just for the aesthetics and the fine thighs, I am sure IS would have realize it by now. 

But they made the Ram village boys all swordies. :(

Just now, KongDude said:

This is regarding a character who we know the pronounciation of though, and it seems people missed my explanation of how Ditty doesn't understand "Lucina".

I've never played a Tellius game, but I just assumed it was "Tie-tane-ee-uh"... Is that incorrect then?

do villagers even have "default weapon " ? villagers can be anything imo 

Just now, KongDude said:

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I've always said it the first way! I didn't know it was the latter pronunciation... That's weird! I just thought that you would add "-ia" to the end of "Titan"...

meh

Yup, it's "Tih-tahn-yuh," according to the narration of Radiant Dawn. I hated it, ignored it, and substituted their reality for my own.

I much, much prefer "Tie-tane-ee-uh"... Sounds so much cooler.... :/

59 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

do villagers even have "default weapon " ? villagers can be anything imo 

In Echoes/Gaiden, it was swords. Despite what IS pushed them towards, and what people labeled "canon" for them, they're all going to end up being swords. Tobin was, Gray was (but his "canon" is merc anyways), and Kliff still has yet to be released, so he may be different, but I'm not really hopeful. Point is, even if people like Kinshi Knight Kiragi, they won't just do it because, "it's what they liked so...."

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

Yup, it's "Tih-tahn-yuh," according to the narration of Radiant Dawn. I hated it, ignored it, and substituted their reality for my own.

I just compared her name to the word Titanium

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Eh, I adapted and went with Tih-tahn-yuh. I usually adapt to the official pronunciations. :P

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

In Echoes/Gaiden, it was swords. Despite what IS pushed them towards, and what people labeled "canon" for them, they're all going to end up being swords. Tobin was, Gray was (but his "canon" is merc anyways), and Kliff still has yet to be released, so he may be different, but I'm not really hopeful.

Kliff's probably gonna be a mage. It's pretty much agreed on as his "canon" path, and the Cipher has nothing but mage!Kliff.

1 hour ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Eldigan tho. If anything, Rein & Eldigan are the Camus characters of Jugdrals, although not only (there are also Arion and Ishtar for genealogy second generation) . Camus archetype is, you know, that honorable that is happen to be a strong boss because they have strong loyalty to the evil kingdoms, even if they doubt if they are in the wrong sometimes.Shiaraham, Byrce and Levail are good examples of Camuses from Tellius games. 

This gets me thinking, if we were to get 2 GHBs that are strictly characters from T776, we don't have many choices. We have: Raydrik (bleh), Shiva (eh), Perne (slightly better), Galzus (he could work), Xavier (please, he should be 10 Star rarity), Saias (totally!- make those 10 Authority Stars of doom work!), and Rein-oh wait! (Actually having a second Olwen/Rein with the Holy Sword would be kinda interesting.)

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Because Light Magic has been synonymous with blue as Dark Magic has been with red. Wonder if she'll come with either Rexaura with useless DEF buff or Thani for bombing armors because you know, red armors are a thing.

Thani is effective vs. Horses too, they could opt for an effective bonus there instead. Or they could give her both, her Spd if RD inspires her stat arrangements is gonna be atrocious anyhow, might as well make her 1 hit be a truckload against multiple unit types then.

32 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

About the Lucina pronunciation, I remember the Japanese announcer for Smash pronounces it "Loo-CHEE-nuh," if I'm not mistaken, whereas the English one goes for "Loo-SEE-nuh," meaning that in Japan at least it's probably meant to be pronounced with a pseudo-Italian inflection. But yeah, that video's pretty funny.

You just had to make me pull out my Super Smash Bros. game card, didn't you? The Japanese announcer pronounces it "LOO-kee-nah".

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

"Tih-TAH-nee-uh" is apparently standard in British English. "Tie-TAY-nee-uh" is probably similar to "NOO-kyoo-ler".

58 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Kliff's probably gonna be a mage. It's pretty much agreed on as his "canon" path, and the Cipher has nothing but mage!Kliff.

Same could've been said about Tobin and Archer, but we saw how that turned out. I'm not expecting Mage Kliff anymore, but I will be happy if it ends up happening.

Like come on IS. He burns Mycen's wall with magic. In his ending, he

Spoiler

becomes an excellent mage, and has an awesome mage son.

Don't fail us here please.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

In Echoes/Gaiden, it was swords. Despite what IS pushed them towards, and what people labeled "canon" for them, they're all going to end up being swords. Tobin was, Gray was (but his "canon" is merc anyways), and Kliff still has yet to be released, so he may be different, but I'm not really hopeful. Point is, even if people like Kinshi Knight Kiragi, they won't just do it because, "it's what they liked so...."

Yeah, right. Same with the reason why they would exclude Camilla from a summer banner despite knowing well she would sell, although maybe it's to balance the gauntlet. also I am sure I was talking about Takumi previously and not his son.  if anything fangirls prefer priestess takumi over kinshi takumi but THAT is what not gonna happen. 

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This gets me thinking, if we were to get 2 GHBs that are strictly characters from T776, we don't have many choices. We have: Raydrik (bleh), Shiva (eh), Perne (slightly better), Galzus (he could work), Xavier (please, he should be 10 Star rarity), Saias (totally!- make those 10 Authority Stars of doom work!), and Rein-oh wait! (Actually having a second Olwen/Rein with the Holy Sword would be kinda interesting.)

wait, I thought Saias ends up joining Leif's party later?