Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

So Squad Assault is just called 'Maze' in the japanese version? Or are we just assuming all 'maze' rewards come from squad assault.

Squad Assault is 縛鎖の迷官, roughly "Labyrinth of Binding Chains". The "labyrinth" part mirrors other games' "labyrinth" modes which typically feature maps from other parts of the game put back to back, and the "binding chains" refers to the fact that once you use a team, you can't use those units again for the rest of the run.

All of the Sacred Seals coming from Squad Assault in Japanese are called 第〇迷官の覇者, or "Champion of Labyrinth #〇".

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

As best as I can tell, I think all it does is disable your own Vantage and Desperation and disable your opponent's Vantage and Desperation as long as you are at full health.

Is the new Seal from Tempest or from Arena Assault?  I know about one being from Squad Assault.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Too bad they couldn't even give Clive like a Ridersbane or something.  Even his skills are disappointing.  I guess they're just being true to the source material.

I got pretty far on CC 11+12 with my initial Flyer Emblem team.  I run into a wall on 12-2, since the enemies will not move even once you aggro somebody.  That b*tch Sonya even moved away from my units, just to make me lose due to turn count.  The Turn Count Missions are killer in Chapter 12, especially with the Terrain.

I wish Granni's Shield wasn't Camus exclusive, or I'd slap that on a couple Horse Emblem units just to counter the weapons there.

Oh, I miss the double SP.  I'd grind some more, but I only have 101 Stamina Potions left, and they don't grow on trees.

Funny thing is Clive is at worst a Mid tier unit and at best high tier in Echoes. Only like 4 villager Silque and Mathilda is strictly better than him

Gold Knights are stupid

So Squad Assault is just called 'Maze' in the japanese version? Or are we just assuming all 'maze' rewards come from squad assault.

Squad Assault is 縛鎖の迷官, roughly "Labyrinth of Binding Chains". The "labyrinth" part mirrors other games' "labyrinth" modes which typically feature maps from other parts of the game put back to back, and the "binding chains" refers to the fact that once you use a team, you can't use those units again for the rest of the run.

All of the Sacred Seals coming from Squad Assault in Japanese are called 第〇迷官の覇者, or "Champion of Labyrinth #〇".

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Too bad they couldn't even give Clive like a Ridersbane or something.  Even his skills are disappointing.  I guess they're just being true to the source material.

I got pretty far on CC 11+12 with my initial Flyer Emblem team.  I run into a wall on 12-2, since the enemies will not move even once you aggro somebody.  That b*tch Sonya even moved away from my units, just to make me lose due to turn count.  The Turn Count Missions are killer in Chapter 12, especially with the Terrain.

I wish Granni's Shield wasn't Camus exclusive, or I'd slap that on a couple Horse Emblem units just to counter the weapons there.

Oh, I miss the double SP.  I'd grind some more, but I only have 101 Stamina Potions left, and they don't grow on trees.

Funny thing is Clive is at worst a Mid tier unit and at best high tier in Echoes. Only like 4 villager Silque and Mathilda is strictly better than him

Gold Knights are stupid

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not saying they're perfect. In fact, what unit is? At least Lucina starts with something at all, which is a hell of a lot better than having a sword and that's about it. Hell, Tobin at least has Pivot from the starting line. TOBiN already has a head start over "Marth". TOBIN.

With those stats, "Marth" doesn't exactly need any skills before "he" can start putting in work. But eh.

@Ice Dragon

Spoiler

Wait, there's a seal for completing Arena Assault? Or is it Tempest and Squad Assault?

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Gold Knights are stupid

To be fair, even a shitty horse won't be worse than mid-tier even in this game. +6 all stats [edit: and +1 move] goes a long way to fixing your shit.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Funny thing is Galeforce

Edited by JSND

To be fair, even a shitty horse won't be worse than mid-tier even in this game. +6 all stats [edit: and +1 move] goes a long way to fixing your shit.

Too bad the Tempest Reward units aren't Arena Bonus units, or he'd be on my team as he serves as a warm body to buff my other Horses at the very least.

We don't get a free Pull from any of the current Banners, right?

Also does anyone know if the free Pull counts as your 5 Orb Pull and the next one is 4 Orbs, or is it 5 Orbs for the second pull from that group?  So 15 Orbs for a full Pull vs 17 Orbs?

Wow, they re-did the weapon sprite for Durandal.

EDIT: Lol tapping on the battle sprite for a character too fast results in the taking damage animation and voice clip.

EDIT2: Tapping on a dragon that isn't Ninian makes them transform because they have no other animations in that state. Ninian dances instead.

EDIT3: Tapping and holding on Ninian makes her transform. Tapping and holding in general has characters say their special skill quotes.

EDIT4: Wait, DO WE FINALLY GET TO HEAR THE PREVIOUSLY UNUSED STAFF SPECIAL QUOTES!?!?!?!?

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Too bad the Tempest Reward units aren't Arena Bonus units, or he'd be on my team as he serves as a warm body to buff my other Horses at the very least.

We don't get a free Pull from any of the current Banners, right?

Also does anyone know if the free Pull counts as your 5 Orb Pull and the next one is 4 Orbs, or is it 5 Orbs for the second pull from that group?  So 15 Orbs for a full Pull vs 17 Orbs?

Did a quick pull on the summer banner since I wanted to try for a corrin anyway. No, doesn't go into affect until the next banner.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT: Lol tapping on the battle sprite for a character too fast results in the taking damage animation and voice clip.

EDIT2: Tapping on a dragon that isn't Ninian makes them transform because they have no other animations in that state. Ninian dances instead.

L-Lewd...

Edit: Keep tapping forever. Don't stop.

Edited by KongDude

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT3: Tapping and holding on Ninian makes her transform. Tapping and holding in general has characters say their special skill quotes.

EDIT4: Wait, DO WE FINALLY GET TO HEAR THE PREVIOUSLY UNUSED STAFF SPECIAL QUOTES!?!?!?!?

Doing this made me realize I had never seen Tiki Adult's dragon form and uh

Huh

I didn't realize they made an entirely different dragon for Nowi & Tiki-A. Like it's definitely inspired by the Awakening dragon, but they're way bulkier.

185?cb=20160804055539

It's strange, they're generally pretty good about diffentiating these things. All the different kinds of horses, for instance.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you hold it i think they do a special attack

i wish you can change weapons- i want to see Saizo using a Seashell weapok without sacrificing my Summer Fred

also wow Elise, "Take your punishment!" O__o

Okay, list of all actions I've found:

Non-transforming:

• Single tap to attack. Tap again to continue attacking.
  • Double tap (or tap quickly) to take damage.
  • Tap and hold to activate an offensive special skill.

Transforming dancer:

• Single tap to dance.
  • Tap and hold to transform.

Transforming non-dancer:

• Single tap to transform.

Transformed:

• Single tap to activate an offensive special skill. Tap again to attack normally.
  • Double tap (or tap quickly) to take damage.
  • Tap and hold to untransform.

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

What's the reason behind some units being blacked out instead of a question mark at the bottom? For me, Takumi is next to Hinata, Male Corrin is next to Female Corrin, but they're both blacked out.

Those are characters you've seen, but don't own.

Edited by Ice Dragon
You can get normal attack quotes for dragons by tapping again during the special skill.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

What's the reason behind some units being blacked out instead of a question mark at the bottom? For me, Takumi is next to Hinata, Male Corrin is next to Female Corrin, but they're both blacked out.

Blacked out characters are characters you've seen but don't have.

The game doesn't remember characters you've seen before the update, probably since they never had anything in place. So they'll fill out with shadows as you see them in the tower or arena or w/e

Beat Squad Assault. Map one took me like 3 tries because I was dumb and didn't notice that Robin somehow didn't have TA3 equipped (possibly doing something for a GHB test earlier or w/e). Everything else is first try.

1 - RobinM (TA3 Swordbreaker), Cherche(Brave Axe+), Hana (there for the rally atk), Sakura 
2 - Hector, Draug (there for ward armor), Ninian, Wrys
3 - Cecilia (Gronnblade+ Fury Hone Cav), Camus(Fury Vantage Fort Cav), Gunther (another Hone so I don't have to bring everyone on the built team), Lachesis
4 - Olwen (LD2 Blarblade Hone Cav), Xander(Fury QR2 Fort Cav), Prissy (Hone Cav), Julia (Lancebreaker 1)
5 - Ryoma (Fury), Rein (standard QP Moonbow set), Nino (Fury Desp), Olivia aka my standard A team

Shoutouts to Gunther for faceblocking axecav so Cecilia didn't have to take a hit, also red mage went for Prissy instead of Julia probably bc Julia had Dragon Fang up which is pretty funny but also let Julia keep lancebreaker up to shove Dragon Fang into blue peg which she wouldn't have killed otherwise