Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is generous, I'll give it that. I don't play any other gacha games, but I can believe it if none of them ever do this.

But I just feel like it doesn't do enough to really be worth it. There's a good chance the free pull is wasted like mine was.

I think you look at it the wrong way. If you only got one free pull at all, it wouldn't to great, but you get one for every banner!

On banners you wanted to pull from it's obviously a good thing, and it adds up on banners you don't like. The chance to get something bad in one pull is pretty high, but getting something bad in 5 pulls in a row, or even 10 is less likely.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Cancel Affinity is essentially optimal for an archer on an Arena defense team. It's also great for catching opponents off guard, like running Hector with Cancel Affinity on a week when Olivia is a bonus unit (because every person using Ruby Sword Olivia as their Hector counter will cry).

Abel is pretty solid for skills since he has Brave LanceĀ and Swordbreaker.

I suppose CA could be fun in certain cases, but it's really only for defence teams and possibly some special maps. If I ever get two Mathilda's I might give it to my Hector though (to bad you can't see the faces of people when they encounter it).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Bartozio said:

I think you look at it the wrong way. If you only got one free pull at all, it wouldn't to great, but you get one for every banner!

On banners you wanted to pull from it's obviously a good thing, and it adds up on banners you don't like. The chance to get something bad in one pull is pretty high, but getting something bad in 5 pulls in a row, or even 10 is less likely.

I suppose CA could be fun in certain cases, but it's really only for defence teams and possibly some special maps. If I ever get two Mathilda's I might give it to my Hector though (to bad you can't see the faces of people when they encounter it).

I HAVE THREE MATHILDAS

WHY

5*Ā and two 4*'s

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I HAVE THREE MATHILDAS

WHY

5*Ā and two 4*'s

You can give one to me. I have a gaping black hole in my catalogue where the E:SoV heroes are supposed to be.
I only got Faye and Clair and Tobin and Berkut.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

You can give one to me. I have a gaping black hole in my catalogue where the E:SoV heroes are supposed to be.
I only got Faye and Clair and Tobin and Berkut.

I would gladly do so if I could

Just now, Bartozio said:

But do you have a Hector or an OP archer?

I WISH

Why are there complaints about free pulls? I used mine, got a garbage -atk Cecilia I promptly sent home. Really shit luck pull, but at least it was free.

I'm far more triggered today by hitting 20 orbs and pulling for Corrin again. THREE sessions in a row with no blue orbs. And the first 2 were all reds/colorless. I was scared as hell I'd get spooked by a fucking healer or Leo, but ended up with feath- I mean 2 3* Wrys. The last one had 4 reds and 1 green and I got a 4* -atk Fae. At least that's Renewal fodder.

I gave up on pulling more, my luck blows today, as usual.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, you have a point there. I'll have trouble deciding whether to use the free pull on a red or green when Hero Fest drops tomorrow. Do I try for another Ike to merge? Or a green for Camilla's Brave Axe or other skill fodder? Decisions, decisions... :P

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Why are there complaints about free pulls? I used mine, got a garbage -atk Cecilia I promptly sent home. Really shit luck pull, but at least it was free.

I'm far more triggered today by hitting 20 orbs and pulling for Corrin again. THREE sessions in a row with no blue orbs. And the first 2 were all reds/colorless. I was scared as hell I'd get spooked by a fucking healer or Leo, but ended up with feath- I mean 2 3* Wrys. The last one had 4 reds and 1 green and I got a 4* -atk Fae. At least that's Renewal fodder.

Complaining about free pulls is like complaining about a free gift that someone gave you because it wasn't nice enough or expensive enough. It's probably the epitome of entitlement

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't want to completely ignore a free pull, especially if we get a banner I'm really interested in pulling from.

Cool. We've come full circle now. It's funny how this thread went from "don't knock a free pull" to "free pulls are a waste of time" to "don't knock a free pull."

You do you, dude. Good luck with the pulls. lol

I have 4 Effies.Ā 

Ā 

All of them are +spd.

I don't know if this game hates me or love me. To be death blow fodder, I guess.Ā 

Ā 

Also should I pull from LnD banner... why all of the units that comes with LnD are really good on their own, that I'd argue with myself should they be fodder or used on their own? and I need to start building flier emblem team because assault? but the summon rate swap isn't active on this banner instead? the fact that I didn't have any Nino with usable IV didn't help...Ā 

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Cool. We've come full circle now. It's funny how this thread went from "don't knock a free pull" to "free pulls are a waste of time" to "don't knock a free pull."

You do you, dude. Good luck with the pulls. lol

Thanks. :P

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Complaining about free pulls is like complaining about a free gift that someone gave you because it wasn't nice enough or expensive enough. It's probably the epitome of entitlement

Mhm. A chance at getting anything is better than nothing at all. Especially on banners you otherwise would have never touched.Ā 

And hey, pass me one of those Mathildas. I still need her :(

1 hour ago, Oboro! said:

I pulled a 5 star Roy with the free pull (YES, ONE RED ORB)

He's +Spd -Atk

@Rezzy

Hey, that's the same nature as my Roy!

I got a 4* Cherche with my free pull. Ā I pulled a Red, hoping to get lucky, but got 4* Big Tiki. Ā The rest was Sully, Nowi, and Gaius. Ā Nothing really worth mentioning.

Game, why do I need 8 Nowis?

Edited by Rezzy

So on my free summon, I got a 4 star Fae. Already got a 5 star fluff-dragon, so I got Renewal to potentially teach to someone. Sweet.

Only thing is that not many strategies I've read up online suggest it, let alone for the units I got. How useful is Renewal?

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, you have a point there. I'll have trouble deciding whether to use the free pull on a red or green when Hero Fest drops tomorrow. Do I try for another Ike to merge? Or a green for Camilla's Brave Axe or other skill fodder? Decisions, decisions... :P

Getting off-focus Camilla would be very rare, so you'll have more luck trying to get an Ike, who should be one in every twenty Reds.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

So on my free summon, I got a 4 star Fae. Already got a 5 star fluff-dragon, so I got Renewal to potentially teach to someone. Sweet.

Only thing is that not many strategies I've read up online suggest it, let alone for the units I got. How useful is Renewal?

Renewal is great for Falchion users, since it stacks, so you can do a Combat Medic build with Reciprocal Aid. Ā I had Alm do that last Tempest, and it's great, since you don't have to run a healer.

Well I ended up with another 4* Est with my free pull so I merged her with my already trained up 4* Est, my Est just keeps getting merged since apparentlyĀ Ā I am one of Est's favorite people. Ā Little sister power FTW. Ā I don't mind though since a free pull is a free pull and it upped my chances of pulling a 5* next time.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

It's great if you give it to a Falchion user. That plus Reciprocal Aid (can get from a 3* Donnel) can make them a healer for your team while still being a good red unit on their own. May not be the best in the arena, but it's super useful for multi-map modes like Chain Challenge and the Tempest.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Getting off-focus Camilla would be very rare, so you'll have more luck trying to get an Ike, who should be one in every twenty Reds.

I thought Camilla was available as a 4 star? I don't mind saving feathers to upgrade her and then feed her to Freddy.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I thought Camilla was available as a 4 star? I don't mind saving feathers to upgrade her and then feed her to Freddy.

She is. I've somehow gotten a total of 7 of them in the past, who I've fodderized off for Brave Axe (for Cherche and Frederick), and Darting Blow for a bunch of my nuke mages.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

She is. I've somehow gotten a total of 7 of them in the past, who I've fodderized off for Brave Axe (for Cherche and Frederick), and Darting Blow for a bunch of my nuke mages.

Man, I've never pulled her once. But that's how luck with this game works. There's always a unit that you've never pulled, but someone else has pulled a gazillion times.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

She is, but it's a pretty big pool, so the chances of getting her are still pretty low. Ā You might get her eventually, but I wouldn't fish for her, unless you're going for another Banner Green. Ā I got a Camilla my first day, then went like 6 months before I even got a second 4*.

Ike by comparison is in focus, so now is your best chance is you want a better nature, probably ever, since the 5% Focuses don't come around that often.

If you want Julia, you could go for Greens, and might get lucky with a Brave Axe user. Ā I think Raven and Barst have one, too. Ā Barst is probably your best bet, since he's a 3*.

43 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

You are not going to have a complaint from. Somehow I summoned a 4* (+spd, -res) Tharja, and accidenty summoned (because I forgot to stop)Ā a Palla for Moonbow fodder.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

She is, but it's a pretty big pool, so the chances of getting her are still pretty low. Ā You might get her eventually, but I wouldn't fish for her, unless you're going for another Banner Green. Ā I got a Camilla my first day, then went like 6 months before I even got a second 4*.

Ike by comparison is in focus, so now is your best chance is you want a better nature, probably ever, since the 5% Focuses don't come around that often.

True. I want an Ike more for merging than a better bane/boon since mine has a good one already (+HP, -Res), but yeah. I guess I'll use the free pull on a red, and then a few orbs on green if there's one in the same session.