Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wonder if they'll give Innes the Nidhogg.

That would be awesome. Tana should get the legendary lance that goes with Nidhogg (I forget it's name), and Joshua should have the adhulma. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

That would be awesome. Tana should get the legendary lance that goes with Nidhogg (I forget it's name), and Joshua should have the adhulma. 

The Vidofnir? I don't know if Tana would end up with it. Unlike the Nidhogg, it doesn't have as obvious of a wielder...

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Play to wiiiiiiiiiin

Sacrifices are necessary

It's a good thing that she can't wield it then ;)

Stay away from Catria.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Vidofnir? I don't know if Tana would end up with it. Unlike the Nidhogg, it doesn't have as obvious of a wielder...

That's nice to know. Anyways, after Valter drops, I would love to see a warriors of Grado banner that contains Dussel, Knoll, Cormag (Another lance dragon rider), and Amelia.

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The Vidofnir? I don't know if Tana would end up with it.

And if they do drop her, she would also have a chance of having a heavy spear, which is the weapon she come with on Erika's route

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Speaking of which there should be a new banner release this week right?

I sure hope so.  I'm thinking it will be Magvel, since Valter's right around the corner.

Now that I've gotten what I wanted from Hero Fest, I'm considering what to do next as we'll be getting a ton of orbs this month. Roll for Delthea, Jaffar, Summer Corrin, or Genny?

I have the best odds with Genny, but Summer Corrin is limited edition and could be useful in flier emblem (not to mention the scarcity of flying mages in this game). I also don't have many decent colorless units, so Jaffar could be useful on that end. Delthea is a nuke and could be a good support unit, but she may be redundant because I already have Reinhardt and Linde. 

26 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So the wiki tier list has been updated. And Camus is still A tier... Welp.

I mean, this is the same Tier List that puts Hector [edit: and Effie, lul] on the same level as Reinhardt.

Reinhardt, whose enemy phase is actually better than Hector's, while having 3 move and the name 'Reinhardt' during player phase.

Edit: I mean, just look at how high Eirika and Ephraim are placed---all horses and fliers should be strictly higher than those two because they have better buffing ability +6/+6 vs. +3/+4, while retaining the same move or better and having comparable or better combat. (And horse/flier buffs aren't weapon locked, so cavs and fliers can run weapons other than basically a 16 MT silver.)

The tier list is basically a popularity list more than anything else.

Edited by DehNutCase

Yeesh, I never noticed until I got her, but Effie's outfit in Heroes really is as ridiculous as in Fates.

46 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Now that I've gotten what I wanted from Hero Fest, I'm considering what to do next as we'll be getting a ton of orbs this month. Roll for Delthea, Jaffar, Summer Corrin, or Genny?

I have the best odds with Genny, but Summer Corrin is limited edition and could be useful in flier emblem (not to mention the scarcity of flying mages in this game). I also don't have many decent colorless units, so Jaffar could be useful on that end. Delthea is a nuke and could be a good support unit, but she may be redundant because I already have Reinhardt and Linde. 

I'd suggest s!Corrin and/or Genny: that's what I've been doing. s!Corrin has a pretty unique role for flier teams and probably won't be available for another year, while Genny has an even more unique support role and will stay in the regular summoning pool but will probably never have a 5% rate again. Jaffar and Delthea are both cool, but they aren't nearly as unique and unlike s!Corrin and Genny, they'll probably be just as readily available again soon. I pulled for Delthea last month and even though I got her, I haven't found much use for her and I've been wishing I'd saved my orbs for more distinctive characters.

Do you have s!Camilla? If not, s!Corrin is probably the best choice, since who knows how long until the next chance to get a mage flier will be. Personally I went for Genny first because I have s!Camilla, and I've been (unsuccessfully) going for s!Corrin since finishing with Hero Fest.

30 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So the wiki tier list has been updated. And Camus is still A tier... Welp.

Remember when i used to agree with that?

I mean honestly he should be A+ whereas S is reserved for Horusu Magia but the ONLY reason to rate Camus in A is his lack of merges

@GuiltyLove No tier list is actually dumb if you know why Tier list even exist to begin with

Hint: its actually not gameplay related

Heck i still consider Monster Hunter Tier list to be the best tier list ever made

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

y

i dont really follow them so i dont knwo the intentions

All tier is really is is just a way to have fun with a game. The List itself did not actually matter, its the enjoyment from discussing it that is really why Tier list even exist

but idk if people nowadays actually think that though

But https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/72936200

is an ok example why PvE tier list isn't really all that dumb

Accounting for merging in the tier list is really strange since most people don't hit +10 merges and it's obvious that if you're going for big merges, the ratings of characters that can't hit +10 won't hold up. So it seems like it'd make the most sense to just rate as if merges aren't happening and then mark the characters with limited/no merges as being much worse than their ratings if you're merging.

1 minute ago, JSND said:

All tier is really is is just a way to have fun with a game. The List itself did not actually matter, its the enjoyment from discussing it that is really why Tier list even exist

but idk if people nowadays actually think that though

But https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/762804-monster-hunter-4-ultimate/72936200

is an ok example why PvE tier list isn't really all that dumb

Sounds too complicated

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Sounds too complicated

I mean i don't exactly consider this gamepedia tier seriously

Not when

"Olivia S > A+, Dancers provide amazing utility. It is undeniable how powerful refresh is, however in the end, a dancer is a support unit that lets you use the same powerful unit twice when you could just use 2 powerful units with movement assists to get people out of dancer akin to a dancer. Also to note is that dancers commonly use gem weapons is can backfire if you run into a cancel affinity WTA hero. "

THIS

SHIT

EXIST

WHY

WHAT

THE

FUCK

NANI!?

WTF

DID THEY

JUST

URGH

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

tier lists for PvE games are kinda dumb

they would make more sense with PvP games

Not at all. Civ 5 has a deity mode Tier list, and that's only for single player (MP has different lists, since human players can't be cheesed with 4 archers). The Civ 5 tier list is very good at telling you what civs can achieve what victories fastest and most reliably. (Mostly it's just build 4 archers, build 3-4 cities, and do some science related victory---every victory save domination is more or less locked behind late game technologies, and civs that do that the best---tech quickly, don't die---are ranked highest.) The fact that currently extant tier lists are shit doesn't mean tier list as a idea is bad.

For most purposes, a character is rated on mobility---the ability to get places, matchup spread---the ability to win fights, and utility---dances, buffing, etc. And it's a fairly simple matter to see how well a character does in each of those roles. (Cavalry are basically automatic 'B' or better in mobility and utility, so they're more or less the best class type, flying comes second with below average mobility but B or better utility, infantry third since they're below average in both, and then armors last because, sure, they have good utility, but their mobility is dumpster tier.) All the theorycraft in the world can't turn Effie into Reinhardt, there are roles characters need to fulfill for a functional team, whether you're facing TT, Arena, Arena chain, or whatever, and all characters can be rated on how well they fulfill those roles, and how many roles they can fulfill.

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

I mean i don't exactly consider this gamepedia tier seriously

Not when

"Olivia S > A+, Dancers provide amazing utility. It is undeniable how powerful refresh is, however in the end, a dancer is a support unit that lets you use the same powerful unit twice when you could just use 2 powerful units with movement assists to get people out of dancer akin to a dancer. Also to note is that dancers commonly use gem weapons is can backfire if you run into a cancel affinity WTA hero. "

THIS

SHIT

EXIST

WHY

WHAT

THE

FUCK

NANI!?

WTF

DID THEY

JUST

URGH

lmao

I guess you can DehNutCase make good points

I just stopped caring about tier lists in Melee when noobs tried to analyze them so much, even though the tier list really only mattered for good players