Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I hope we get her..............................

I would actually be tempted to spend money on the game

Well, the artist who did her art for that DLC (Shinnosuke Hino) has already done some art for Heroes (Takumi and regular Leo) so if we do get a mage flier Catria as a seasonal, they could have Hino make new artwork for that Catria.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm now tempted to build an Est for Def Ploy for when it finally gets added to the regular summoning pool (no way in hell I'm eating a limited character for it, even if said limited character happens to be Gaius).

That is some idea. Hmm... thanks for the interesting build!

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

That is some idea. Hmm... thanks for the interesting build!

If you go through the linked reddit post, you can see a bunch of other characters that can run Brave Def Ploy builds.

Est stands out for me since she has flier mobility, 35 Atk, 32 Res, and tends to use Death Blow instead of Life and Death due to her middling 30 Spd.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Act as a second copy of any unit on your team instead of just as a single unit. The downside is that "both copies" of your unit when a dancer counts as one share HP because they are, in fact, actually the same unit.
  • Self-Reposition chain. Dance a unit that has Reposition, and that unit can move themselves backwards with the dancer, which puts the pair one square farther back than having another unit just use Reposition.

Basically this. I have have three nukes when I run Olivia, with one Reinhardt, one BB!Cordelia, and one extra Reinhardt/BB!Cordelia. I run Olivia over Celica because Olivia can already handle most green units and she allows me to retreat better.

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

Worth it to binge summon for Ninian? She's the only unit I want right now, I've been waiting for Jugdral or Erk

Do you already have Azura? If not, then I'd say Ninian is definitely worth going for. Though you also can't go wrong with going after a favorite / wanted character even if you don't actually have a dire need for them. That's the way I see it at least.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Do you already have Azura? If not, then I'd say Ninian is definitely worth going for. Though you also can't go wrong with going after a favorite / wanted character even if you don't actually have a dire need for them. That's the way I see it at least.

Yeah, I got her in my first ever summon lol. I'm just on the fence because I don't want to miss out if they release one of my faves in the next couple banners

8 minutes ago, immatx said:

Yeah, I got her in my first ever summon lol. I'm just on the fence because I don't want to miss out if they release one of my faves in the next couple banners

Well, then it's your call if you want to try for Ninian even though you don't have a need for her. Personally, I'm going to try for Ike even though I have both Ryoma (+Spd/-Def at that) and 5* Xander just because Ike is among my absolute favorites. Though again, it's up to you whether you think going for Ninian is worth it.

13 minutes ago, immatx said:

It's possible to get like 200+ orbs per month. As long as you're careful about other pulls, you should have plenty more by the time the next big thing comes up.

If you want, you could wait a few days and see what the next banner looks like - probably Magvel. The Hero Fest banner runs for a full week, so whatever banner is next this month should definitely be released by then. Other than that, the next new banner won't end until mid-September, probably the end of September since I'm guessing the start-of-September banner will be CYL and run for another month, and it'll probably be possible to get at least 400 more orbs between now and the end of September. So that's plenty more orbs to spend on any new characters released after the Hero Fest banner ends.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

They do share the same VA: Bryce Papenbrook. He's also Henry in Awakening and Heroes, Karel in Heroes and child Conrad in Echoes.

I actually never knew that he did Henry. When comparing Henry in awakening and Kamui in Echoes, the two sound so different.

When Halloween rolls around, I would love to see a banner called Spooky Hoshido. The units would Corrin(M)(Dressed up as a Vampire), Sakura (Dressed up as a Witch), Takumi (Dressed up as a Skeleton), and Ryoma (Dressed up as a Ghost). Corrin would wield a small pumpkin as a red tome user, Sakura would wield a candy staff, Takumi would wield a bone bow, and Ryoma would wield a bone club.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

When Halloween rolls around, I would love to see a banner called Spooky Hoshido. The units would Corrin(M)(Dressed up as a Vampire), Sakura (Dressed up as a Witch), Takumi (Dressed up as a Skeleton), and Ryoma (Dressed up as a Ghost). Corrin would wield a small pumpkin as a red tome user, Sakura would wield a candy staff, Takumi would wield a bone bow, and Ryoma would wield a bone club.

sounds good but tbh i'd rather see some other games get some love, fates and awakening have gotten a lot of the spotlight

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Witch female Corrin or bust.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you go through the linked reddit post, you can see a bunch of other characters that can run Brave Def Ploy builds.

Est stands out for me since she has flier mobility, 35 Atk, 32 Res, and tends to use Death Blow instead of Life and Death due to her middling 30 Spd.

Considering my Hinoka is +SPD/-ATK and I just pulled an Est that's +ATK/-DEF. I'm kind of thinking about raising the Est and giving her Hinoka's Brave Lance+ and Hone Flyers. Hinoka and Cordelia (Whom I've only pulled one of and she's was +HP/-ATK) are superior BL+ users but I've only ever pulled one of each and I would really enjoy the increase in power. I don't know if that would be a mistake and if I'd me missing out if I pulled a good Cordelia (or a good Hinoka but that's unlikely at this point.)

Flyer Emblem is super makeshift for me right now. Palla as the red, Caeda as the Fortify bot, Cherche and Hinoka doing most of the work but Hinoka can't usually kill things without Palla around. S!Corrin replacing Caeda would round out the team but Hinoka would still be underwhelming (and Palla is still *4).

Edited by Zeo

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

The reason I didn't add Corrin was because she already appeared in a seasonal banner and this a hoshido banner and Male Corrin is the canonical choice for hoshido.

If male Corrin can pull off a witch costume, I’m all for witch male Corrin.

Edited by Vaximillian

22 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'd like them to go "I told the Nohrian told us to dressed like monsters, so we do!" and they dressed like Japanese youkais. twintailed cat Sakura, Lightning Beast Ryoma, snow boy/tengu Takumi, and then maybe Mcorrin just come as a dragon with several Hoshidan accessories. 

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What would Mummy Setsuna use as a weapon? My guess is a red tome called Malevolent Text+. Which  does not allow the user to double an enemy, but they can't double the user . (Built in wary fighter 2)

Edited by Jingle Jangle

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If male Corrin can pull off a witch costume, I’m all for witch male Corrin.

Well it is possible. After all, males have worn witch hats in the past (I'm looking at you, Laurent and Ricken) Also, I feel like all of the weapons on this banner should have panic ploy built into them.

Edited by Poimagic

Ok so holy crap. I just did a yolo summon on TT banner and got none of the focus units but rather a beautiful and golden Tharja. I'm currently wondering what to do with her or whom should get Rauđrblade+? My only red mages so far are:

1. Katarina +def -sp (Vantage 3)

2. Sanaki +atk -res (Dragon Fang)

3. Leo +res -sp (Reposition, Luna, Hone Cavalry)

Or just make my Tharja +1, or keep her for future purposes?

Will throw some orbs on Hero Fest to see what 5☆ I get. SI fodder is quite juicy this time on my account: Brave Sword+, Rauđrblade+, Glacies, Vantage 3.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

なの~

Burn him.

His unholy presence regardless of his monetary contributions to the game or their help in the community cannot redeem him.

Anyways... The hero fest boosted percent is nice... But it still isn't a guarantee and there is no remedy for bad luck.

At least I got more 4 stars swordies.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Ok so holy crap. I just did a yolo summon on TT banner and got none of the focus units but rather a beautiful and golden Tharja. I'm currently wondering what to do with her or whom should get Rauđrblade+? My only red mages so far are:

1. Katarina +def -sp (Vantage 3)

2. Sanaki +atk -res (Dragon Fang)

3. Leo +res -sp (Reposition, Luna, Hone Cavalry)

Or just make my Tharja +1, or keep her for future purposes?

Will throw some orbs on Hero Fest to see what 5☆ I get. SI fodder is quite juicy this time on my account: Brave Sword+, Rauđrblade+, Glacies, Vantage 3.

I would say Sanaki, if you play her like a low powerhouse.  Second option is to save. Third  is to merge. Few red mages are good for a blade tome.