• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only tomes that are "bonkers" are Litrblade and a few of the exclusive weapons.

New tomes are either: weaker than -blade, in which case there's not much reason to run them (outside of personal preference), but safe to release, or stronger than -blade, in which case we have a brand new problem.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As for the comparison of weapon stats,

Staves have

• Candlelight: -3 (-1.5)
  • Panic: -3 (-1.5)
  • Gravity: -4 (-2)
  • Fear: -5 (-2.5)
  • Slow: -5 (-2.5)
  • Absorb: -6 (-3)
  • Pain: -7 (-3.5)

Compared to melee weapons, which have

• Firesweep: -0
  • Effective damage (new): -1
  • Special cooldown reduction (new): -1
  • Special damage boost: -2
  • Effective damage (old): -3
  • Triangle Adept: -3
  • Distant Counter with special cooldown increase: -4
  • Special cooldown reduction (old): -4
  • Brave: -8

And standard ranged weapons, which have

• Bonus-to-Atk conversion with special cooldown increase: -0
  • Special cooldown reduction (new): -1
  • Firesweep: -2
  • Weaponbreaker: -2
  • Weapon triangle advantage against colorless: -2
  • Effective damage: -3
  • Adjacent ally boost: -3
  • Special cooldown reduction (old): -4
  • Brave: -6

Poison effective is rated at -5 MT and an additional penalty to the debuff effect. (1 less debuff, and infantry only). Melee brave is also -7, not -8, since we should compare to Silvers and not Prf. (Melee brave weapons have 8 MT, Brave Bows have 7.)

Mind, I do agree that the staff MT penalties line up nicely if we do the 50% reduction to them, but:

I feel like Legion's Panic effect being -1 MT, lining up with -1.5 after 50% reduction, is more a coincidence than anything else. Legion was released around the time where -1 MT for an effect is becoming standard, rather than the old -3 MT for an effect thing. Whereas Panic was definitely back in the age of -3 MT for a typical effect.

(Everything else matches up really nicely, though. And, if we value -atk or -spd to be the same as -def and -res, then -3 MT for -7/-7 debuff---daggers---matches nicely with -5 (2.5) MT for -6 debuff.)

I guess that's my real problem with the 50% thing---it's not that I don't agree with you, it's just that the data's muddled by the fact that the MT vs. effect exchange rate is fluctuating over time, so I don't trust any predictions of Nos' MT based on the staff v. other weapons thing.

Edit: @Vaximillian I'll have you know arguing and being belligerent is the #1 way to get promotions...

For other people, after you get fired.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Melee brave is also -7, not -8, since we should compare to Silvers and not Prf. (Melee brave weapons have 8 MT, Brave Bows have 7.)

I'm a math major, which means arithmetic is extremely difficult for me.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm a math major, which means arithmetic is extremely difficult for me.

And here I am a historian, where only numbers we deal with are dates and population figures.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And here I am a historian, where only numbers we deal with are dates and population figures.

Math majors don't deal with numbers. Numbers are simply a special case in the grand scheme of things. Numbers become irrelevant after getting past calculus. The only numeric characters commonly used after calculus are "0" and "1", which no longer refer to the numbers "zero" and "one", but to the additive identity and the multiplicative identity.

Still building up feathers in anticipation of promoting my Sophia. She's already gotten Raourraven+. All she's missing is a few things...

+ATK/-SPD

• Raven+
  • Draw Back
  • Dragon Fang/Moonbow
  • Triangle Adept 3
  • Swordbreaker 3
  • Threaten Atk/Res or Fortify Res

My first *5 red mage... can't freaking wait. (Now watch me pull a +ATK/+SPD Celica from the tempest banner and immediately invalidate a 40k feather investment.)

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Meanwhile, I've gotten so many Ests and Pallas, and never Catria. 

Also no Shanna for Desperation. 

Give me pity.

Catria was a free unit once! Did you join after the quest was over? This Catria is the free one I got and I raised her all the way up to this :') So proud of her

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Catria was a free unit once! Did you join after the quest was over? This Catria is the free one I got and I raised her all the way up to this :') So proud of her

I started in very late June, so uh, I suppose I must have. It pains me not to have best Whitewing, but I'm a patient man. She will come. 

I'm actually not patient at all and right now I'm saving my orbs for the CYL banner. There's a Catria-shaped hole in my heart.

I got s!Corrin! I'm freeeeeeeeee

...Now I don't have any excuse to keep summoning. Time to go back to hoarding orbs until CYL, I guess.

It's nice how I finally have a 5* flier who doesn't need to eat a Palla. Or be Palla herself, although I haven't actually upgraded her to 5* yet. Valter will have to continue the Palla feast when I get him, though.

I fixed my phone problem! I just had to reconnect to my WiFi manually. Like, re-enter the password and stuff. Reinstalling had done nothing, so that was the last thing I could try. Glad it worked.

Now I can play like I did before this again, woohoo!

I feel like shadow dragons and mystery of the emblem are going to be the focus of the next tempest trials. The 40% bonus units would be Merric, Caeda, Young Tiki, and Marth. The 20% bonus units would be Abel, Cain, Gordon, and the tempest trails unit (I'll get to that later). The final stage will have Adult Tiki as the boss, A dragon flier, an armored unit, a ranged unit, and a sword unit. The tempest trials unit is Frey from shadow dragon. His stats would be at level 40 at five star with neutral ivs and weapon unequipped, 50 Hp, 35 atk , 37 spd, 27 def, and 20 res. He would wield a slaying Lance. His skills would be Reciprocal aid, Bonfire, Lunge, and Hone Cavalier.

If we're about to get a Magvel banner, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Magvel TT next month. For the other set of maps, they could use the first Paralogue, since that one had two FE8 maps.

12 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I feel like shadow dragons and mystery of the emblem are going to be the focus of the next tempest trials. The 40% bonus units would be Merric, Caeda, Young Tiki, and Marth. The 20% bonus units would be Abel, Cain, Gordon, and the tempest trails unit (I'll get to that later). The final stage will have Adult Tiki as the boss, A dragon flier, an armored unit, a ranged unit, and a sword unit. The tempest trials unit is Frey from shadow dragon. His stats would be at level 40 at five star with neutral ivs and weapon unequipped, 50 Hp, 35 atk , 37 spd, 27 def, and 20 res. He would wield a slaying Lance. His skills would be Reciprocal aid, Bonfire, Lunge, and Hone Cavalier.

What does the BST for that Frey come to?  It looks like a good spread, but at first glance I don't know if it would be in line with Cav BST.

Oh yeah, I finally gave Nino a better A slot skill too, thanks to some skill fodder from a few summons earlier. She has Darting Blow 2 now. With that and a Hone Spd buff from someone, she reaches 44 spd! Darting Blow 3, whenever I get fodder for that again, will make that 46! That should double most of the game, if not ALL of the game.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I finally gave Nino a better A slot skill too, thanks to some skill fodder from a few summons earlier. She has Darting Blow 2 now. With that and a Hone Spd buff from someone, she reaches 44 spd! Darting Blow 3, whenever I get fodder for that again, will make that 46! That should double most of the game, if not ALL of the game.

I've been slacking.  My Nino still has Res+3.  I'm a bit indecisive and don't know what to give her.

I might try to really grind and get 5* Clive today, but that's a pretty steep order.  It would be nice to take advantage of the double everything to power grind him.  Too bad he'll need a lot of SI, too.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I've been slacking.  My Nino still has Res+3.  I'm a bit indecisive and don't know what to give her.

I might try to really grind and get 5* Clive today, but that's a pretty steep order.  It would be nice to take advantage of the double everything to power grind him.  Too bad he'll need a lot of SI, too.

Why not Darting Blow like I did? Fury probably works well too since it'd get her into Desperation range a little more often. But you'd also need Desperation for that, of course.

Yeah, Clive doesn't have that great of a base set. But I'd like him anyway because I want lots of 5 star cav knights. I love cav knights. :P Though not all of them, there are a few I don't care to use. Hopefully I can get to 30,000 for 5 star Clive before the Tempest ends, at least. It IS a tall order, but it can be done.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

YAHOO! That's like, soooo awesome! But you couldn't, like, give her darting blow 3 with a 4 star Florina? 

And yeah, she tooootally doubles like, everyone in the game except for maybe Linde and a few other peeps who run life and death typically.

even so, this will be you one day Ana:gEKd7bz.png

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You give her fury

Because fury Nino = master race

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

YAHOO! That's like, soooo awesome! But you couldn't, like, give her darting blow 3 with a 4 star Florina? 

And yeah, she tooootally doubles like, everyone in the game except for maybe Linde and a few other peeps who run life and death typically.

even so, this will be you one day Ana:gEKd7bz.png

I would if I had a 4 star Florina. xP I only pulled reds this morning looking for Celica. But I pulled two 4 star Caedas. So I used one to give Darting Blow 2 to Nino. The other will be saved for giving Fortify Fliers to a better flier in the future.

Also, similar, but not exactly my Nino. lol I have Iceberg on her instead of Draconic Aura. And of course, Darting Blow 2 instead of Fury.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I would if I had a 4 star Florina. xP I only pulled reds this morning looking for Celica. But I pulled two 4 star Caedas. So I used one to give Darting Blow 2 to Nino. The other will be saved for giving Fortify Fliers to a better flier in the future.

Also, similar, but not exactly my Nino. lol I have Iceberg on her instead of Draconic Aura. And of course, Darting Blow 2 instead of Fury.

Ew Caeda

Oh okay, that's fine then! It actually works out well too, cause like, if you get a 4 star Florina, you can give her darting blow 3 and Ardent sacrifice just in case you need it! It's soooo perfect!

I know it's not the same heheheh

I'm just showing you the Nino that's destined to be~~~~

15 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Ew Caeda

Oh okay, that's fine then! It actually works out well too, cause like, if you get a 4 star Florina, you can give her darting blow 3 and Ardent sacrifice just in case you need it! It's soooo perfect!

I know it's not the same heheheh

I'm just showing you the Nino that's destined to be~~~~

Yeah, Caeda sucks. lol

Maybe, but right now the only unit I have that has Ardent Sacrifice is Summer Freddy, I think. :P Besides, Draw Back is useful too.

And I see then. lol

I also pulled a 4 star male Corrin and decided to use him on Eirika for Dragon Fang. Just in case I feel like I really should use that Eirika/Nino combo, and they'd obviously be better if both had specials.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

If they ever add Frey (From shadow dragon) into FE Heroes, his stats would reflect his shadow dragon growths. Amazing Hp and speed, average atk, meh def, and horrid res.

So, just like every other heroses in the game, hmm?

Legion finds that 169 BST funny though. Is bigger than some infantry units, uwe hee hee! Why so much HP, we wonder?

12 minutes ago, Legion! said:

So, just like every other heroses in the game, hmm?

Legion finds that 169 BST funny though. Is bigger than some infantry units, uwe hee hee! Why so much HP, we wonder?

NM banner was pretty busted though(Even now its arguably Top 5 of intro banner, competing against SoV Part 3, and both sibling banner), so a character from NM being good would follow the precedent set before their arrival