Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, JSND said:

NM banner was pretty busted though(Even now its arguably Top 5 of intro banner, competing against SoV Part 3, and both sibling banner), so a character from NM being good would follow the precedent set before their arrival

Legion does not understand what you're saying.

Cavalry with armor BST isn't very balanced, hmm?

EDITSES:

50 HP

35 Atk

37 Spd

27 Def

20 Res

Edited by Legion!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I want to recruit Frey through only one means - sacrificing the silver lance Jagen. Canon is canon.

I'd really like an Archanea TT. Though if the bonus units end up being the new mystery banner then I'll be in hot water again. Only the first TT had bonus units that were in the game since launch.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'd really like an Archanea TT. Though if the bonus units end up being the new mystery banner then I'll be in hot water again. Only the first TT had bonus units that were in the game since launch.

Pantsless Marth for the reward, yes please.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Pantsless Marth for the reward, yes please.

Bachelorette Party Marth

"What's wrong? And how can I help ;)"

I was actually gonna say Sirius ought to be the reward unit if we're going alter ego characters.

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, how will Clive fair in the current meta and do you think he will be good in horse emblem? From what I can tell, he is like he is in the games. An armored unit on a horse.

Though I don't know about how Clive will fare, I have to agree with your description.

57 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I want to recruit Frey through only one means - sacrificing the silver lance Jagen. Canon is canon.

I there was a Archanea Tempest Trials I would want the reward to  be a Manakete either Nagi or Bantu rather than a conventional unit. Try to make the reward more exciting, and the units better.

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I there was a Archanea Tempest Trials I would want the reward to  be a Manakete either Nagi or Bantu rather than a conventional unit. Try to make the reward more exciting, and the units better.

What reward can be more exciting than Pantsless Marth?!

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

You are both wrong, the best reward is Alm with his dong armor.

Dong armor is stupid. It makes riding a horse impossible and suggests you're overcompensating. Pantsless Marth is so very daring- he is willing to put the most important jewels of all of Archanea in the way of all enemy attacks (the Spheres I mean). Why do think baddies prioritize Marth so much in FE1?

15 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Yeah, we seriously don't need more sword units than necessary not that has stopped them before. Besides, we already had Marth as the reward character for a Tempest Trial right guys? :Kappa:

Finally got a fest 5☆: a +atk -hp Genny. Gonna give her defiant atk 3 to bust everything!

Also, damnit! Got a 4☆ Leon +spd -res, totally the opposite from the 5☆ one I have. I'll have to promote him asap and merge :/

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dong armor is stupid. It makes riding a horse impossible and suggests you're overcompensating. Pantsless Marth is so very daring- he is willing to put the most important jewels of all of Archanea in the way of all enemy attacks (the Spheres I mean). Why do think baddies prioritize Marth so much in FE1?

Alm never used a horse in Gaiden or in Echoes. Besides I'm there are more women in Alm's route want the royal sword: Faye, Clair, Celica,and Mathilda (she is considering breaking up with  Clive for the royal d).Even Silque, a cleric knows the righteous power of the dong armor. Compared to women wanting Marth forgotten Falchion: Marisha, Catria, Caeda, and Tiki. Half off them are kids! These are the kind of people the Marth and his skinny legs attract.

34 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, how will Clive fair in the current meta and do you think he will be good in horse emblem? From what I can tell, he is like he is in the games. An armored unit on a horse.

He is near the bottom of the meta, or about average if he is in a pony team. He is not very useful for most players, especially if they have Xander and Camus. Clive does not attack from a distance nor does he have Distant Counter in his weapon. He is not an armored unit on a horse either; most armored units have 35+ neutral Defense. Like Mathilda and Clair, he is another disappointment.

If a player does not have Camus in their Barracks, Abel, Roderick, and Peri are all better options than Clive.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Like Mathilda and Clair, he is another disappointment.

If a player does not have Camus in their Barracks, Abel, Roderick, and Peri are all better options than Clive.

That's sad because a) I'm sad for another unit from Echoes to go down the disappointment drain and b) I have Roderick.

Anyways, what other units could be added into the game as red mages? We have so little red mages that I thought to ask.The only ones that I can think that fit the red mage role are boss mages like Nergal, Lyon, and Jedah.

Edited by Poimagic

Clive is basically Alfonse on a horse, except blue, and never a bonus unit.

Unfortunately for him, Camus is Ryoma on a horse. I'd run Alfonse over Ryoma because Alfonse is a bonus unit, but Alfonse has no job if Ryoma gets 4 extra def from out of nowhere while keeping his stellar offenses.

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, what other units could be added into the game as red mages? We have so little red mages that I thought to ask.

Just give me Azelle, Arvis, Calill, Miriel, Lute, and Erk. Tormod too, many are into him. Pent if with Louise.

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Anyways, what other units could be added into the game as red mages? We have so little red mages that I thought to ask.The only ones that I can think that fit the red mage role are boss mages like Nergal, Lyon, and Jedah.

Calill, Tormod (FE9 and 10),  as fire mages. Nyx(FE 14), Lute(FE 8), Miriel,(FE 12) Jubelo(FE 3), and Azelle (FE 4) because they join the party with a fire tome; therefore they can be red tome users.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

That's sad because a) I'm sad for another unit from Echoes to go down the disappointment drain and b) I have Roderick.

We have plenty of red mages. Celica, Tharja, and Katarina are the top tier mages. Leo, Sanaki, and Sophia are decent depending on the situation.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Azelle

He could also be mounty because Mage Knight promotion. Miranda also leans towards Fire Magic at base (and also promotes to Mage Knight).

We also have a few non-villain Dark Magic users too: Knoll, Canas, and Pelleas (and Bramimond, but he has a 0% chance of getting in).

There are currently 10 playable red mages, 11 blue, and 10 green. So red isn't short on mages any more than the other colors, although it's more concentrated on infantry than the others: non-infantry mages of each color are 1 for red (just Leo), 4 for blue, and 2 for green.

It's also worth bearing in mind that blue and green, which started out behind red (6 red, 3 blue, and 3 green in the initial hero lineup) have caught up in part due to getting more seasonal characters. Ignoring seasonal characters puts the counts at 9 red, 8 blue, and 8 green, so by that metric red is still in the lead.

There are some infantry villains that would be cool to add as red mages like Lyon, Arvis, and Julius, but it does get a bit tougher to find non-infantry red mages. Aversa is one I've been hoping for since she could be the first red tome flier, as well as finally being a non-seasonal tome flier. And yeah, Azelle and Miranda could be cool as mounted red mages if they go with their promoted versions, although Heroes has so far seemed to tend towards unpromoted versions of characters. (For example, Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, Lachesis, and Leon are all unmounted, although Eliwood is mounted.) And of course Old Arvis as an armored red mage would be awesome, but I'm hesitant to keep hoping too much for that until we at least get regular Arvis first.

I'm sure we'll get armored mages eventually, but I think it's fairly likely that like with flying mages, they'll be first introduced as seasonal characters. Mage fliers seem to have been working as a way to draw a lot of attention to limited-time banners: they certainly have been for me.

Edited by Othin

Once they release Valter, I'm expecting on of two things for the next GHB. I'm expecting either a villian from magvell (Selena, Cellach, and Lyon are options), or Fernand as they just released Clive

Edited by Poimagic

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's also worth bearing in mind that blue and green, which started out behind red (6 red, 3 blue, and 3 green in the initial hero lineup) have caught up in part due to getting more seasonal characters. Ignoring seasonal characters puts the counts at 9 red, 8 blue, and 8 green, so by that metric red is still in the lead.

That said, it may be worth considering other 5* exclusives rather than just seasonal ones. Looking just at characters available below 5* one way or another, red has 5, blue has 5, and green has 6, so red is back out of the lead. But it's still close, not leaning heavily one way or another.

I like the symmetry of this. Each color wins one count by exactly 1, with the other two tied.

Edited by Othin