Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, Othin said:

There are currently 10 playable red mages, 11 blue, and 10 green. So red isn't short on mages any more than the other colors, although it's more concentrated on infantry than the others: non-infantry mages of each color are 1 for red (just Leo), 4 for blue, and 2 for green.

It's also worth bearing in mind that blue and green, which started out behind red (6 red, 3 blue, and 3 green in the initial hero lineup) have caught up in part due to getting more seasonal characters. Ignoring seasonal characters puts the counts at 9 red, 8 blue, and 8 green, so by that metric red is still in the lead.

There are some infantry villains that would be cool to add as red mages like Lyon, Arvis, and Julius, but it does get a bit tougher to find non-infantry red mages. Aversa is one I've been hoping for since she could be the first red tome flier, as well as finally being a non-seasonal tome flier. And yeah, Azelle and Miranda could be cool as mounted red mages if they go with their promoted versions, although Heroes has so far seemed to tend towards unpromoted versions of characters. (For example, Eirika, Ephraim, Seliph, Lachesis, and Leon are all unmounted, although Eliwood is mounted.) And of course Old Arvis as an armored red mage would be awesome, but I'm hesitant to keep hoping too much for that until we at least get regular Arvis first.

I'm sure we'll get armored mages eventually, but I think it's fairly likely that like with flying mages, they'll be first introduced as seasonal characters. Mage fliers seem to have been working as a way to draw a lot of attention to limited-time banners: they certainly have been for me.

The problem with Red mages is that they've got a lot of duds, and the good Red mages are more rare.  Almost all Green Mages are good, and Nino is readily available.  Blue has Odin, but almost all the other ones are at least okay, and you can get Robin easily, who is a decent Raven tome user, plus there was Ursula who's a free Cav Mage.

For F2P players, let assume that their best shot at getting a mage is the 3*s.  For, Green, we have Nino (great) and Cecilia (decent, great on a horse team).  For Blue, Odin (dud, but good fodder) and Robin (decent).  Then there's Red, Raigh (dud), Sophia (dud), Henry (dud),  Even the Red blade fodder is 4*, so you can't easily build a Blade user for Red.  Red also competes for a team spot a lot more than the other colors.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The problem with Red mages is that they've got a lot of duds, and the good Red mages are more rare.  Almost all Green Mages are good, and Nino is readily available.  Blue has Odin, but almost all the other ones are at least okay, and you can get Robin easily, who is a decent Raven tome user, plus there was Ursula who's a free Cav Mage.

For F2P players, let assume that their best shot at getting a mage is the 3*s.  For, Green, we have Nino (great) and Cecilia (decent, great on a horse team).  For Blue, Odin (dud, but good fodder) and Robin (decent).  Then there's Red, Raigh (dud), Sophia (dud), Henry (dud),  Even the Red blade fodder is 4*, so you can't easily build a Blade user for Red.  Red also competes for a team spot a lot more than the other colors.

That's true. "F2P" isn't as big of a limitation anymore as it used to be (I've stayed free and I have 35 5*s as of today, including 2-6 of each tome color), but certainly for newer players, that really gets to be a concern.

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sophia is not too bad, she is decent with Rauðrraven.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Sophia is not too bad, she is decent with Rauðrraven.

Having the pinnacle of your tome color being decent with intensive SI isn't a ringing endorsement.

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Having the pinnacle of your tome color being decent with intensive SI isn't a ringing endorsement.

I mean thats not too bad considering even on Melee front, Hana singlehandedly saves them from dumpster

1 minute ago, JSND said:

I mean thats not too bad considering even on Melee front, Hana singlehandedly saves them from dumpster

Red melee's okay, if by sheer numbers alone, since there's so many sword, some of them are bound to be good.

With Valter's GHB coming up later this month, I wonder who would be in an FE8 banner should IntSys decide to release one. My guess is Seth, L'Arachel, Innes, and Tana, although I can see Joshua in the banner as well. 

Oh yeah, forgot about this. I never noticed that Ninian has two different arm sleeve thingies until a couple days ago. What are those things really called? I don't remember seeing them in her official art in Blazing Sword. Also, she looks so huggable!

Speaking of dancers, Olivia's dance animation in Heroes is probably my favorite since she just looks so dorky with her big smile.

Edited by Kaden

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh yeah, forgot about this. I never noticed that Ninian has two different arm sleeve thingies until a couple days ago. What are those things really called? I don't remember seeing them in her official art in Blazing Sword. Also, she looks so huggable!

@Ice Dragon

I still have never pulled a blue dancer :D My luck is the worst in the universe

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Speaking of dancers, Olivia's dance animation in Heroes is probably my favorite since she just looks so dorky with her big smile.

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Her FE7 official art and Cipher art both have a longer sleeve on the left (goes all the way up the arm) and a shorter one on the right (doesn't cover the elbow). The longer one without a doubt qualifies as a detached sleeve and possibly an arm warmer. The one on the left possibly qualifies as an arm warmer, but probably not a detached sleeve.

Her Heroes art has both arms with the short version.

31 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

With Valter's GHB coming up later this month, I wonder who would be in an FE8 banner should IntSys decide to release one. My guess is Seth, L'Arachel, Innes, and Tana, although I can see Joshua in the banner as well. 

That would be a good guess, maybe Lute as well.  I think she's pretty popular.  I'm surprised we've gotten no announcement yet on the next Banner.  Going more than about 2 weeks without a new Banner would be unprecedented.

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh yeah, forgot about this. I never noticed that Ninian has two different arm sleeve thingies until a couple days ago. What are those things really called?

Vambraces?

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

That would be a good guess, maybe Lute as well.  I think she's pretty popular.  I'm surprised we've gotten no announcement yet on the next Banner.  Going more than about 2 weeks without a new Banner would be unprecedented.

There's also the matter of the arena bonus hero rotation. We've had the Nohrian Summer units + Berkut as bonus heroes for two seasons now, which is usually how long a certain group of bonus heroes sticks around. Unless if the next banner(s) gets announced tomorrow / at the next reset and goes live on Monday, it seems likely that they'll keep the current group of bonus heroes going for a third season.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

And this is why I wanted a Fates-based Tempest Trial where Nohrian Azura was the reward unit.

I summoned Ninian out of pure luck. If I recall correctly, I got her on my last Blazing Shadows summon and she was the only one I got out of those units during their banner. Jaffar and Rebecca came later, then Lucius, and then Priscilla. That leaves just Karel. So, if she didn't show up, I'd only have Olivia which is fine and I think I would not have been able to beat Navarre's GHB at the time since I needed her Fortify Dragons buff for adult Tiki.

In other words, a lovely ice dragon just decided to plop down in my life. :p

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her FE7 official art and Cipher art both have a longer sleeve on the left (goes all the way up the arm) and a shorter one on the right (doesn't cover the elbow). The longer one without a doubt qualifies as a detached sleeve and possibly an arm warmer. The one on the left possibly qualifies as an arm warmer, but probably not a detached sleeve.

Her Heroes art has both arms with the short version.

I know. I just never noticed that her arm sleeves were different. I just thought they were the same.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Vambraces?

Vambraces are armor which doesn't seem like something Ninian would wear.

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

My guess is no Magvel banner x[

Btw, how does TA Henry compare to Sophia? Isn't that salvageable for him?

Unlike Sophia, Henry's attack is pretty low in comparison.

He has to really rely on Bonfire/Ignis burst damage to do considerable damage

also his Res is low as well

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, Tybrosion said:

There's also the matter of the arena bonus hero rotation. We've had the Nohrian Summer units + Berkut as bonus heroes for two seasons now, which is usually how long a certain group of bonus heroes sticks around. Unless if the next banner(s) gets announced tomorrow / at the next reset and goes live on Monday, it seems likely that they'll keep the current group of bonus heroes going for a third season.

I think we've only had one Banner go for three weeks, and even then, it was only because the incoming Banner missed by a day, I think.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think we've only had one Banner go for three weeks, and even then, it was only because the incoming Banner missed by a day, I think.

That would've been the Bridal Blessings units that got to go for three weeks instead of two since their second season ended on June 12th when Echoes of Mystery didn't go live until the 14th.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Vambraces are necessarily made of metal.

Or leather. Clarisse wears a pair and Gordin wears one on his right arm unlike almost every other archer who wears gloves or gauntlets. Bride Cordelia is in a dress and Gaius is half-naked.

Edited by Kaden