Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s the point of the post: highlighting RNG’s folly.

I saw a Hector with Wary Fighter in Tempest today.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I saw a Hector with Wary Fighter in Tempest today.

Not badses at all, actually. Uwe hee hee.

On 3/22/2017 at 1:35 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Hector with Wary Fighter coming later tonight.

EDIT: Okay, I got impatient. HECTOR WITH WARY FIGHTER WILL DOUBLE ATTACK ON COUNTERATTACK IF HE IS FAST ENOUGH.

Hector with Armads and Wary Fighter 1 at full health with 12 Spd double attacked both a Lance Fighter with 4 Spd and a Sword Armor with 0 Spd on counterattack.

So the Hero Fest banner has finally allowed me to put together my ultimate power house dream team. 

If you ever run across a Rikki in the arena with a Soren up front, know that this is the terror that awaits you!

Spoiler

CtNgmAq.png

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

So the Hero Fest banner has finally allowed me to put together my ultimate power house dream team. 

If you ever run across a Rikki in the arena with a Soren up front, know that this is the terror that awaits you!

Hide contents

CtNgmAq.png

I would love this in Arena Assault. Just plonk my Sanaki down in front of them and leave them to suicide on her (green tomebreaker rejoice!). 

For normal arena... Xander can deal with the Nino, and Xander and Reinhardt can probably take the Boey. I think it depends which map I get as to whether I can beat it or not. Hopefully it racks you up some defence wins :D 

18 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Hide contents

CtNgmAq.png

Palla laughs.

Spoiler

f6HqnML.png

Edited by KongDude

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I would love this in Arena Assault. Just plonk my Sanaki down in front of them and leave them to suicide on her (green tomebreaker rejoice!). 

For normal arena... Xander can deal with the Nino, and Xander and Reinhardt can probably take the Boey. I think it depends which map I get as to whether I can beat it or not. Hopefully it racks you up some defence wins :D 

One good red and everything falls apart but that's okay because I live for my stupid gimmicky teams. :p

My goal is to amuse people enough with my nonsense to inspire some pitty wins, but all four are (or are in the process of becoming) killing machines green death so who knows they might actually get the drop on some people. 

11 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Palla laughs.

Not if Soren gets to her first!

So I was thinking of tome variations for the game and have some ideas.

What if tomes added killing variants through Arc tomes? Arcfire, Arcwind and Arcthunder with 12MT and -1 CD effect?

What about Nosferatu? Who should wield it if it becomes a signature weapon? Older games introduced Nosferatu/Resire as a light tome usable only for female mages/clerics. Gaiden made them accessible to all clerics and saints, Mystery brought Linde with it (but she already has Aura), Julia can gain access to it iirc (but she already has Naga), dunno about Thracia, GBA games made it as a dark tome for units like Raigh, Sophia, Niime, Canas and Knoll, but then it went back to be a light tome and then a dark one on FE13/14. The only viable options I see are Deirdre (in the form of Resire) and Canas or Knoll. But among the shamans there's also the chance of Luna tome with 0MT and the effect of ignoring enemy res. It'd be pretty great to see these additions.

Other tomes are siege tomes but I highly doubt they will be added because having 3 Range tome would be pretty bitch, specially on hands of a color horse.

There are also spirit scrolls used by Hoshidan diviners and onmyoji that would be a good excuse to add units like Orochi, Hayato and Izana. Some cool scrolls would be Snake Spirit (brave tome) and Dragon Spirit (dragon eff).

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

What if tomes added killing variants through Arc tomes? Arcfire, Arcwind and Arcthunder with 12MT and -1 CD effect?

What about Nosferatu? Who should wield it if it becomes a signature weapon? Older games introduced Nosferatu/Resire as a light tome usable only for female mages/clerics. Gaiden made them accessible to all clerics and saints, Mystery brought Linde with it (but she already has Aura), Julia can gain access to it iirc (but she already has Naga), dunno about Thracia, GBA games made it as a dark tome for units like Raigh, Sophia, Niime, Canas and Knoll, but then it went back to be a light tome and then a dark one on FE13/14. The only viable options I see are Deirdre (in the form of Resire) and Canas or Knoll. But among the shamans there's also the chance of Luna tome with 0MT and the effect of ignoring enemy res. It'd be pretty great to see these additions.

Other tomes are siege tomes but I highly doubt they will be added because having 3 Range tome would be pretty bitch, specially on hands of a color horse.

There are also spirit scrolls used by Hoshidan diviners and onmyoji that would be a good excuse to add units like Orochi, Hayato and Izana. Some cool scrolls would be Snake Spirit (brave tome) and Dragon Spirit (dragon eff).

A bit of a tangent, but Nosferatu makes no sense as a Light Tome.  It basically means Vampire, which if that's not Dark Magic, I don't know what it.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A bit of a tangent, but Nosferatu makes no sense as a Light Tome.  It basically means Vampire, which if that's not Dark Magic, I don't know what it.

But Nosferatu is a light magickses, yes yes yes!

Blame FE6, we says. Gaiden tho

Actually Tellius, iirc, is the only game making Nosferatu a light tome. Gaiden has Resire as light magic while SoV has Nosferatu as black magic. Gba and 3ds games have Nosferatu as dark while the rest have it as Resire in the form of - magic - or light magic.

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

For the first question yes, there needs to be diversity for tome users, but the might needs to be lowered. As for Nosferatu, the likely candidates are Nyx, Knoll, Canas ,and the examples you said. The problem with Nosferatu that the unit needs to  take a hit and dish it out. The success greatly depend on the stat distribution.   

Edited by Jingle Jangle

1 hour ago, Legion! said:

Not badses at all, actually. Uwe hee hee.

So, Hector could double Reinhardt, and that's about it?

4 minutes ago, Legion! said:

But Nosferatu is a light magickses, yes yes yes!

Blame FE6, we says. Gaiden tho

Fire Emblem needs to get better people in charge of naming things.  Falchion's not a falchion, either.

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

This tooootally had like, "Let's make mages even more broken" all over it

Like, Summer Elise in desperation with constant moonbow?

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For the first question yes, there needs to be diversity for tome users, but the might needs to be lowered. As for Nosferatu, the likely candidates are Nyx, Knoll, Canas ,and the examples you said. The problem with Nosferatu that the unit needs to  take a hit and dish it out. The success greatly depend on the stat distribution.   

5 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

This tooootally had like, "Let's make mages even more broken" all over it

Like, Summer Elise in desperation with constant moonbow?

Maybe it can be reduced to 10 or 9 MT to compensate.

2 minutes ago, Legion! said:

+Spd

3 Stackses of Goad Armor

40 Spdses

What do you thinkses now? Uwe hee hee!

A lot of work, but if you've got the resources, I suppose it would work.  It still prevents Armads from Quick Riposting, though.

10 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Actually Tellius, iirc, is the only game making Nosferatu a light tome. Gaiden has Resire as light magic while SoV has Nosferatu as black magic. Gba and 3ds games have Nosferatu as dark while the rest have it as Resire in the form of - magic - or light magic.

"Resire" is the Japanese name for all the tomes that have been translated in English as "Nosferatu". So that includes its earlier incarnations, including original FE2 iirc even though it was re-classified as black magic in FE2E.

Of course, the fact that those games haven't had an official translation means the tome has never been officially called Nosferatu in them. But whenever FE4 and FE5 inevitably get remakes, their health-stealing light magic tome will almost definitely not be called "Resire". They might come up with a new translation for its light magic version, but unless they do, that tome will also get translated as "Nosferatu".

On 3/22/2017 at 1:35 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Hector with Wary Fighter coming later tonight.

EDIT: Okay, I got impatient. HECTOR WITH WARY FIGHTER WILL DOUBLE ATTACK ON COUNTERATTACK IF HE IS FAST ENOUGH.

Hector with Armads and Wary Fighter at full health with 12 Spd double attacked both a Lance Fighter with 4 Spd and a Sword Armor with 0 Spd on counterattack.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

A lot of work, but if you've got the resources, I suppose it would work.  It still prevents Armads from Quick Riposting, though.

Hmm? No it doesn't. Uwe hee hee.

34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

the Luna tome sounds like it'd be busted..fast L&D mages with strong attack could probably 2 shot anything unless it has TA, maybe. i mean yeah Blade Tomes already do that but at least they require support to do that. assuming it's a Red Tome, neutral Atk Tharja, Celica, and Katarina with L&D would do 29 damage against blues...58 damage if they double. 22 damage against TA blues, 44 on a double. and they'd have utter supremacy over Greens and other Reds.

that said i'd still like to see it in since it's a pretty unique tome, just with some tweaks.

Edited by wizzard of soz

4 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Hmm? No it doesn't. Uwe hee hee.

So Wary Fighter still prevents the enemy from doubling, but Hector can double if he's faster?

3 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

the Luna tome sounds like it'd be busted..fast L&D mages with strong attack could probably 2 shot anything unless it has TA, maybe. i mean yeah Blade Tomes already do that but at least they require support to do that. assuming it's a Red Tome, neutral Atk Tharja, Celica, and Katarina with L&D would do 29 damage against blues...58 damage if they double. 22 damage against TA blues, 44 on a double. and they'd have utter supremacy over Greens and other Reds.

that said i'd still like to see it in since it's a pretty unique tome, just with some tweaks.

They can make it a signature weapon to Canas, for example, with average stats.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

They can make it a signature weapon to Canas, for example, with average stats.

It just that Luna is one of the most broken tomes in the series. If it were in Heroes it could have Res Ploy 2 build in to emulate the effects. 

Day 17: I have been adrift at sea for some time, with no sign of a new banner in sight.  We have depleted our supply of tomatoes and will have to eat our cinnamon roll soon, if we do no escape this Swimsuit Banner soon.