Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

They can make it a signature weapon to Canas, for example, with average stats.

yeah, that could be alright, though i'd rather have it be tweaked and inheritable since any dark mage could use it in the games. hrmm

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

It just that Luna is one of the most broken tomes in the series. If it were in Heroes it could have Res Ploy 2 build in to emulate the effects. 

2 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah, that could be alright, though i'd rather have it be tweaked and inheritable since any dark mage could use it in the games. hrmm

Maybe they could make Luna only have like 1 Might, but always have the Luna effect, bypassing 50% Res.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

So I was thinking of tome variations for the game and have some ideas.

What if tomes added killing variants through Arc tomes? Arcfire, Arcwind and Arcthunder with 12MT and -1 CD effect?

What about Nosferatu? Who should wield it if it becomes a signature weapon? Older games introduced Nosferatu/Resire as a light tome usable only for female mages/clerics. Gaiden made them accessible to all clerics and saints, Mystery brought Linde with it (but she already has Aura), Julia can gain access to it iirc (but she already has Naga), dunno about Thracia, GBA games made it as a dark tome for units like Raigh, Sophia, Niime, Canas and Knoll, but then it went back to be a light tome and then a dark one on FE13/14. The only viable options I see are Deirdre (in the form of Resire) and Canas or Knoll. But among the shamans there's also the chance of Luna tome with 0MT and the effect of ignoring enemy res. It'd be pretty great to see these additions.

Other tomes are siege tomes but I highly doubt they will be added because having 3 Range tome would be pretty bitch, specially on hands of a color horse.

There are also spirit scrolls used by Hoshidan diviners and onmyoji that would be a good excuse to add units like Orochi, Hayato and Izana. Some cool scrolls would be Snake Spirit (brave tome) and Dragon Spirit (dragon eff).

I would like to see the Death time added into the game (origin is Echoes/Gaiden) and when they do add it, it should have an effect where it increases stats when the user defeats an opponent. It would probably be given to Jedah or Nuibaba.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe they could make Luna only have like 1 Might, but always have the Luna effect, bypassing 50% Res.

yeah that sounds like it could work. i wonder how it'd fare in practice..

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

he can defend himself with that sweet Durandal and Death Blow

tru..well, watch what you say. who knows when you'll wake up in the middle of the night with that face staring at you and Durandal at the ready, and not in the sexy way. this is ur only warning

Just now, wizzard of soz said:

tru..well, watch what you say. who knows when you'll wake up in the middle of the night with that face staring at you and Durandal at the ready, and not in the sexy way. this is ur only warning

who knows, maybe it will b sexy for me

1 minute ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah that sounds like it could work. i wonder how it'd fare in practice..

It would require an enemy to have more than 26 Res to be stronger than the non Prf "A Rank" tomes.  It would be good for taking out enemy mages, but actually worse against low Res units.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

who knows, maybe it will b sexy for me

dying is pretty sexy

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would require an enemy to have more than 26 Res to be stronger than the non Prf "A Rank" tomes.  It would be good for taking out enemy mages, but actually worse against low Res units.

i see. that gives it a nice niche and also seems balanced, i like. it'd be cool to have mages that can fill a general anti-mage role. like a mage Felicia/Niles. 

dying is pretty sexy

there's a fetish for everything... ask the necrophiliacs 

it'd be cool to have mages that can fill a general anti-mage role. like a mage Felicia/Niles. 

Julia seems pretty good for that

too bad mine still loses to Sonya :D my Katarina loses to her too

6 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

dying is pretty sexy

i see. that gives it a nice niche and also seems balanced, i like. it'd be cool to have mages that can fill a general anti-mage role. like a mage Felicia/Niles. 

If anything, it seems a bit underpowered.  Maybe giving it like 3 Might, which would make it so they would have to have only 20 Res to equal an "A Rank" tome, which would make it not be so niche as to be useless.

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

there's a fetish for everything... ask the necrophiliacs 

all i have to do is go to the main page of dA. every day i add something new to the fetishdex.

16 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Julia seems pretty good for that

too bad mine still loses to Sonya :D my Katarina loses to her too

Moonbow + Dark Excalibur op. Julia is sort of mage counter, but y'know Sonya might actually be better..they have the same Res i think, but Sonya has more speed which makes her less likely to be one rounded. and then she has Moonbow on her turn yay.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If anything, it seems a bit underpowered.  Maybe giving it like 3 Might, which would make it so they would have to have only 20 Res to equal an "A Rank" tome, which would make it not be so niche as to be useless.

hm i don't know..i wonder if instead of raising the MT it might be better to scale the percentage? i'd personally like it so that low res targets do get less punished than higher res targets. i'm too braindead to think about math right now but i wouldn't raising the percentage a little from 50% would do that. either way i don't think it'd be as uselessly niche as Niles and Felicia, at least. low Res targets would still take a beating, and if weapon advantage is in the Luna user's favour then most definitely a 2HKO.

Assuming I've done my math correctly and no orbs come from Legion's re-run or the Valter GHB.

My Current Orbs = 10.

Remaining TT Orbs (Rewards) = 27

Double Bonus Orbs from 13th to 25th = 48

Bonus Orbs from 25th to 31st = 12

Arena Orbs = 4 (14th) 8 (21st)

Weekend Orbs = 2 (20th) 4 (27th)

Calculations Assume 100k points in TT
Orbs by end of HF = 63
Orbs by end of TT = 95
Orbs by end of NS = 109

If I spend nothing until HF's last day and do one full pull on that banner on the last day that'll leave me with 75 orbs during the Trials on the final day. If I do one or two full pulls on that banner I'll be left with either 69 or 49 orbs remaining to snipe for S!Corrin. All of these estimations assume I don't do any pulls until the final respective days of each banner.

Discipline will be a necessity for the rest of the month... and those orbs still don't guarantee S!Corrin. It's gonna be a rough wait.

hm i don't know..i wonder if instead of raising the MT it might be better to scale the percentage? i'd personally like it so that low res targets do get less punished than higher res targets. i'm too braindead to think about math right now but i wouldn't raising the percentage a little from 50% would do that. either way i don't think it'd be as uselessly niche as Niles and Felicia, at least. low Res targets would still take a beating, and if weapon advantage is in the Luna user's favour then most definitely a 2HKO.

Low Res units would still take less damage.  To use an extreme of -Res LaD Ogma of 5 Res.  He'd just take 5 damage from a Luna tome that had 3 Base Might.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Assuming I've done my math correctly and no orbs come from Legion's re-run or the Valter GHB.

My Current Orbs = 10.

Remaining TT Orbs (Rewards) = 27

Double Bonus Orbs from 13th to 25th = 48

Bonus Orbs from 25th to 31st = 12

Arena Orbs = 4 (14th) 8 (21st)

Weekend Orbs = 2 (20th) 4 (27th)

Calculations Assume 100k points in TT
Orbs by end of HF = 63
Orbs by end of TT = 95
Orbs by end of NS = 109

If I spend nothing until HF's last day and do one full pull on that banner on the last day that'll leave me with 75 orbs during the Trials on the final day. If I do one or two full pulls on that banner I'll be left with either 69 or 49 orbs remaining to snipe for S!Corrin. All of these estimations assume I don't do any pulls until the final respective days of each banner.

Discipline will be a necessity for the rest of the month... and those orbs still don't guarantee S!Corrin. It's gonna be a rough wait.

Every GHB rerun has had three orbs come via "kill x with y" quests. 

2 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Every GHB rerun has had three orbs come via "kill x with y" quests. 

The recent ones have. All of them have had four quests, but the initial ones had two orbs as quest rewards and two extra copies of the character as the other rewards, while the ones since then have changed it to three and one.

Legion will probably stick with the three and one, though.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Legion will probably stick with the three and one, though.

Spoiler

The latest datamine confirmed that Legion's re-run has the typical four quests that every re-run since the Robin and Navarre doubleheader has had.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Low Res units would still take less damage.  To use an extreme of -Res LaD Ogma of 5 Res.  He'd just take 5 damage from a Luna tome that had 3 Base Might.

oh, uh..i was thinking that the tome would still factor in your base attack stat. which is why the 0 damage tome could still be decent.

oh, uh..i was thinking that the tome would still factor in your base attack stat. which is why the 0 damage tome could still be decent.

It would, but that would require knowing the characters base might.  By contrast, Wrys would take 21 damage from such a tome.  For calculation purposes, let's assume 30 Atk.

So our Ogma example: 30 (Atk)+ 3 (Might) + 2 (Luna) - 5 (Res)= 30 damage

Wrys 30 (Atk) +3 (Might) + 18 (Luna) - 36 (Res)=15 damage

If they had a normal 13 Might tome

Ogma: 30 (Atk) + 13 (Might) - 5 (Res) = 38 damage

Wrys: 30 (Atk) + 13 (Might) - 36 (Res) = 7 damage

Having more Res will always be better, but here's a better example, showing what I intended.

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would, but that would require knowing the characters base might.  By contrast, Wrys would take 21 damage from such a tome.  For calculation purposes, let's assume 30 Atk.

So our Ogma example: 30 (Atk)+ 3 (Might) + 2 (Luna) - 5 (Res)= 30 damage

Wrys 30 (Atk) +3 (Might) + 18 (Luna) - 36 (Res)=15 damage

If they had a normal 13 Might tome

Ogma: 30 (Atk) + 13 (Might) - 5 (Res) = 38 damage

Wrys: 30 (Atk) + 13 (Might) - 36 (Res) = 7 damage

Having more Res will always be better, but here's a better example, showing what I intended.

accidental post while typing rip

but i see, i guess that's good. it does still scale better against more res without sacrificing too much against a low res target, i think. both mages would 2 shot Ogma but Luna mage would kill Wrys in 3 hits while normal mage kills him in 6 hits. i'm still wondering about how raising the Luna from .5 to .6 or even .7 might work out against all matchups as opposed to the 3 Mt (if it'd be too op, not make much diff at all, or improve niche against high res targets without being better than a normal tome against low res targets) but too many calcs for me.

Edited by wizzard of soz

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Day 17: I have been adrift at sea for some time, with no sign of a new banner in sight.  We have depleted our supply of tomatoes and will have to eat our cinnamon roll soon, if we do no escape this Swimsuit Banner soon.

You keep good logs!

But what if no banner ever comes? What use will all those orbs be then? They'll be useless, just useless. They seem packed with energy though, perhaps they'll be an excellent addition to the food reserves! And they're bite-sized too! (Or whatever size you want them to be, coconut or pine nut- all you need to do is will it!)

*Bites down on an orb- teeth feel great pain* Maybe that wasn't the best of ideas... But I know- I'll just swallow them!

*Slips ten orbs down the throat in desperation* Well where's the energy? Maybe I should give it a moment to reach my stomach... Ah, there's the feeling, I'm feeling quite energized, all will be good so as long as I don't run out of orbs. I could survive for weeks, no months, no YEARS without a new banner! This feeling is gre- huh?

Ugh! What is this pain!?! Why does my gut feel like it's going to explode? Aggghhhhhh! *Flesh and bones and guts go flying in all directions. Accompanied by a blinding flash of light.*

"Did someone summon me? I don't see anyone, only a bloody mess. So I think I'll just figure out how to return home later. And for now take a nap on this boat with my scaly partner." :Haar: