• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

No. Enemy Artoria Alter in the prologue beat me up because Lord Chaldeas didn't block enough damage to prevent a wipe. (Playing on the Japanese servers, by the way. More waifus there.)

tfw your waifu is a free event unit

I'm not convinced Tethys will get added at all, but if she does, swords seem like the best fit since those have been the most "generic" dancer weapon. Daggers could also seem appropriate, but Lara should really be the first dagger dancer. Unless there's some mention of Tethys using magic, it'd seem really strange for her to get tomes outside of like a seasonal banner. (Charlotte is still currently seasonal-exclusive, so it seems that can be a thing.)

As for a green tome dancer, I'm hoping Homer gets that spot.

There's no hint of Tethys being skilled with magic despite Ewan being talented at it and determined to be a full-fledged mage.

Reading through her supports I hope Marisa gets her Shamshir and animated to fight with her left hand.

I've been calling for Tethys as a dagger dancer, even if that results in unsalvageable stats. While giving her that weapon type would appear to just be adding her to the game's list of non-canon units, Tethys is part of a mercenary group, and from the slums before that, it makes theoretical sense she'd have skill with concealed weapons in her line of work.

So... my quest for Summer Corrin just netted me a Linde. Unexpected and not who I was aiming for, but I'm not going to complain.

She's -Atk +Res, though. Is that bad? I'm not really sure what build to use with her... if I gave her a -blade tome, I guess that Attack wouldn't make much of a difference, especially if I give her some skill to enhance her Speed.

I have a -Spd +HP Bride Caeda I never outfitted properly too. That bane seems to hurt her more, though, since Speed is her strength...

Edited by Phoenix_Kensai

8 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

So... my quest for Summer Corrin just netted me a Linde. Unexpected and not who I was aiming for, but I'm not going to complain.

She's -Atk +Res, though. Is that bad? I'm not really sure what build to use with her... if I gave her a -blade tome, I guess that Attack wouldn't make much of a difference, especially if I give her some skill to enhance her Speed.

I have a -Spd +HP Bride Caeda I never outfitted properly too. That bane seems to hurt her more, though, since Speed is her strength...

Imo save the blade tome for a better stat spread. You can make Linde a support unit by keeping Aura and giving her Breath of Life, so she can heal up to 12HP to adjacent allies. Give her Glacies for a stronger special and probably Fury and Desperation or Renewal plus her standard Ardent Sacrifice assist.

12 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

B Cordelia's main strength is actually her STR, that being said Neutral STR - SPD Cordelia is still a +ATK Klein

8 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

This exact thing just happened to me--the Linde I got instead of Corrin is -ATK/+DEF. I've leveled her up to 40 and started giving her skills. 

She's noticeably weaker than my best mages but I gave her the breath of life C skill, which pairs really well with Aura--she can do a lot of healing pretty quickly. Add Fury and Dragon Fang and she's fragile but still strong enough to score plenty of kills, even if she doesn't sweep the board in a few turns like Reinhardt. 

I say give her a try. 

With Innes having Fortress Res, I'm wondering if Azama would like that. Wrys would since you could boost his resistance to 41 or if you had a +Res Wrys, 44 resistance. As healers, they don't care about attack, so whatever.

Anyway, with Azama, a +Spd, -Atk Azama would have a respectable 43 HP, 30 speed, 32 defense, and 25 resistance. Fortress Def would give him 37 defense, but Fortress Res would give him 30 resistance giving him good mixed bulk. 43 HP, 30 speed, 32 defense, and 30 resistance seems all right. The only regularly available healer that can compare would be a +Spd, -Atk Lissa, but she'd have lower HP and 1 less speed; 39 HP, 29 speed, 28 defense, and 30 resistance. She can have higher resistance with Fortress Res and almost as good defense with Fortress Def.

Otherwise, there's bride Lyn who if she had dumped her attack into defense and resistance, she'd probably be the best healer tank since she'd have speed and bulk. Bride Lyn and Azama have a 7 point difference in attack. Put 4 into defense and 3 into resistance and she'd have 39 HP, 21 attack, 34 speed, 27 defense, and 27 defense. +Spd, -Atk would give her 19 attack and 37 speed. In this case, HP +5 might be better and she could just use Martyr to heal up. 44 HP, 37 speed, and 27 defense and resistance sounds tasty. 

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Reading through her supports I hope Marisa gets her Shamshir and animated to fight with her left hand.

I do hope they remember Marisa exists, her shamshir exists, and her left hand is dominant. Even then, her support with Tethys says she’s in fact ambidextrous.

Still, leftie Marisa for (hopefully) 2017.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The weapon called Fenrir in Japan has no localized name to my knowledge because it only exists in Jugdral, if I am not mistaken.

What about RD? The 3-10 range Dark tome there is called Fenrir. The names of the B and S Dark tomes are Carreau and Verrine instead.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What about RD? The 3-10 range Dark tome there is called Fenrir. The names of the B and S Dark tomes are Carreau and Verrine instead.

All of FE10's dark tomes have the same names between Japanese and English.

Since FE4's Fenrir is also the long-range dark tome, I guess that just means English has two different weapons named the same thing. Typical NoA.

13 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

He meant Caeda what r u smokin Hardn?

Probably pot. Smoking pot gives you the stamina to grind through Tempest Trials.

With the addition of Clive, S!Corrin and Ninian, my blues are growing nicely, Sophia is helping round out the reds which are a swordfest and I've always been swimming in Colorless with Faye, Takumi, Kagero and Bridelia + Healers. Now I'm starting to feel the lack of greens though. Nino takes care of pretty much all my problems in single maps but for Assaults I only have her, Soren and Cherche to rely on really. Was planning on building a Raven Robin after Sophia but I might want to invest in Anna or Legion or some other powerful green if I don't pull Julia or Sonia from these banners.

Amelia would be nice, but she's an armor and all she really does is trivialize the currently unbeatable armor emblem quests which is nice! But it's just a single extra orb a month.

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

Are we sure the game doesn't give a bias towards certain units because my Roys have exploded. My past like 6 red pulls have been Roys. Please, please stop this boy.

The game can't have a bias toward Roy because I've never pulled him since launch.

On the flip side, I never hunted reds until the appearance rate change, so it's only natural half the 4-5 star rarity I'm still missing is red...

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The game can't have a bias toward Roy because I've never pulled him since launch.

On the flip side, I never hunted reds until the appearance rate change, so it's only natural half the 4-5 star rarity I'm still missing is red...

I'm still missing a bunch of reds, though several of those are 5* exclusives.

Just wish it was literally any other repeat reds. I'd like some extra axe breakers, furies...

W00t, the arena and Arena Assault gave me enough feathers to do my next 5 star upgrade!

15Iu7kJ.png

COMPLETELY 5 STARRED HORSE TEAM YEAH. :D Just need to re-level the guy. But that'll wait a bit, I want to do as much Tempest Trialing as I can before it ends.

I think I want to give him Fury in place of Def +3 too. Something more useful than Def +3 anyway. He's also gonna get Hone Cav.

Edited by Anacybele

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I want to give him Fury in place of Def +3 too. Something more useful than Def +3 anyway. He's also gonna get Hone Cav.

I have mine at Lvl 40 4* so I'm going to promote him sooner or later.

I don't know if Fury synergizes well with Riposte 2. It'll only take about two rounds of combat to keep him from QR doubling.

Oh yeah, I spent about 7 stamina potions trying to beat Legion Infernal... BUT I CAN'T :( I'm trying so hard with mt Flier Emblem and they get so far but they end up losing. Honestly, if the enemies didn't have an immediate charge for their specials, I could probably beat it.

Edited by KongDude