Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

You guys made me look up the damaged art of Amelia's... -.- 

Seriously, that's what they do with her? I mean, I suppose the spine twist doesn't make me wince as much, and you can justify that maybe she's trying to retreat from combat but urgh... not sure I want to use her even if I get her :/ 

The artist who drew her (the same as Genny/Nino/etc) is known for drawing moe and lewd stuff. Just look at some of his stuff on pixiv if you are interested.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

You're forgetting about Vigarde and considering the most recent Paralogue, it looks like the Grado Sacred Twin users could very well be Lyon with Gleipnir and Vigarde with Garm. 

When Lyon gets added, I'd expect him to use Naglfar, his personal tome. Which is also the tome Veronica retrieved.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

That is NOT the body of a 17 year old young woman.

And it's alright to sexualize Nowi, right? She's only 1,000+ years old.

*sirens* now if you will excuse me, my calling as a Masked Lolicon of the Night awaits.

Masked person? Are you Bane?

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Personal experience no, but it's all in the numbers already.

I know that. If we're tiering characters, we must assume we can pull and have pulled anything and everything available. We have a unlimited quantity of feathers and all the right natures and skills available too.

However, tiering operates in a world of ideals. And the world of ideals for Heroes is much more out of touch with the reality than in main series FEs due to the gatcha aspect. Thus, in practice (for a non-whale), personal experience means more, and tier lists hold less value. They aren't meaningless- I won't say that of tiering. But the few characters a player may have with relative or absolute certainty in practice may hold more a little value than tiering lets on.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Apparently that's the localized version of Katarina's real name (was Aine/Eine in Japanese). Katarina, Clarisse, and Legion are childhood friends

She is hereby my Purple Peanut Butter Cup.

9 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Really? The nerd characters I like are ones like Goombella from Paper Mario. To each their own though

Her Tattle dialogue was always nice- gotta thank the people who wrote the copious mountains of it. Goombella is cute and perky and a little nerdy at the same time- a scholarly girl who isn't geeky or shy. Plus Multibonk is very powerful if you can nail the timing long enough, and Rally Wink can be very strong if Mario is decked out for mega damage (I've never done it, but Danger Mario ought to love her). Though Bobbery and Vivian are easier to use.

6 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Poor Amelia :( Doomed to a life of being sexualized by a mobile game :/

'Tis better to be sexualized in a spin off, than sexualized in a main game. Though 'tis best not to be sexualized at all if it contributes nothing to your character.

This Senran Kagura injuries-stripping-clothes element is stabbing what became a nearly actualized want of playing this game. Will turning animations off- if they can be turned off- allow me to skip this voyeuristic element? Or will I have to just put up with not having way to work around it, barring not using certain units? 

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

...I want my Hatchet+...

Barring Distant Counter personal weapons, DeNA has yet to add generic range 1-2 physical weapons to Swords, Lances, and Axes (and magical weapons). They appear to either not want to address these, or don't know how. How hard would it be to balance them? How should they be handled?

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

Her Tattle dialogue was always nice- gotta thank the people who wrote the copious mountains of it. Goombella is cute and perky and a little nerdy at the same time- a scholarly girl who isn't geeky or shy. Plus Multibonk is very powerful if you can nail the timing long enough, and Rally Wink can be very strong if Mario is decked out for mega damage (I've never done it, but Danger Mario ought to love her). Though Bobbery and Vivian are easier to use.

Rally Wink was so goood

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

When Lyon gets added, I'd expect him to use Naglfar, his personal tome. Which is also the tome Veronica retrieved.

With the recent Paralogue, Lyon with Naglfar seems not as likely and if they keep matching Sacred Twin weapons to royalty, then it has to be Lyon (probably pre-possession, nice guy Lyon). I could see Noel using it but Lyon fits the royalty part. 

8 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Nice ( *• ̀ω•́ )b

Why thank you.  I was hesitant to SI my spare Hector, but I'm already seeing the difference she brings to my Arena team.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know that. If we're tiering characters, we must assume we can pull and have pulled anything and everything available. We have a unlimited quantity of feathers and all the right natures and skills available too.

However, tiering operates in a world of ideals. And the world of ideals for Heroes is much more out of touch with the reality than in main series FEs due to the gatcha aspect. Thus, in practice (for a non-whale), personal experience means more, and tier lists hold less value. They aren't meaningless- I won't say that of tiering. But the few characters a player may have with relative or absolute certainty in practice may hold more a little value than tiering lets on.

Tier lists can account for availability as well---you just slap 'price' on top of whatever other measures you were currently using. Offense/Bulk/Counter-kill/Mobility/Support is my usual standard, slap on price and it turns into Offense/Bulk/Counter-kill/Mobility/Support/Price.

That said, accounting for availability doesn't actually change too much---Camus and the like get a bump because of their guaranteed availability, but, in normal use, budget skill builds will still follow a normal tier list almost exactly. L&D 2 is 10% the price of L&D 3 if you have Hana or Zephiel (which we've had 4 copies of, guaranteed, so no reason not to have a couple), and has 90% the same effectiveness. Other skills are also like this, so budget builds will follow ordinary tier lists pretty closely.

Now, if the best characters were 5* locked, rolling said characters would be an issue, but a fair number of 'excellent' units are completely guaranteed (Camus is one of the best physical cavalry, "Marth" is excellent because it's Lucina, Cecilia is tome cav and automatically top tier, Zephiel is fucking Zephiel, the guy is the definition of 'Min-Maxed'---I use the 4* level 40 in Arena Assault and the like without issue, going up against multi-merged 5*s, etc. etc.), and the best actually tend to be 4* locked, with a couple 'very good' options in the 3* range. Reinhardt is 4*, Cordelia is 4*, Nino is 3*, Klein is 4* (this guy goes up a tier or so in a budget list, since his natural skill set makes him about 2x cheaper than other options), etc.

The completely guaranteed units alone has:

Dancer (Olivia), Glass-Cannon Axe (Legion), Tome Cav (Cecilia), Lance Knight (Camus), Armor Sword (Zephiel), Archer (Clarisse & Virion), 5 billion swords ("Marth," Hana, Lloyd, Xander, etc.), etc. etc. In all honestly, if I rolled a shitty box, I could make a top tier team from just guaranteed stuff, Olivia is a dancer, Camus is a freak, Cecilia easily pairs with Camus thanks to free Gunter's double Hone, and then you can round out the last slot with just a bonus Askr. A team like that can be taken to T19 in Arena with minimal issues, and T20 wouldn't be too hard either after some inheritance work (to inflate scores---their actual power level mostly peaked after a -blade to Cecilia, a special and maybe Vantage for Camus, and the pair of Hone Cavs.)

4 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

With the recent Paralogue, Lyon with Naglfar seems not as likely and if they keep matching Sacred Twin weapons to royalty, then it has to be Lyon (probably pre-possession, nice guy Lyon). I could see Noel using it but Lyon fits the royalty part. 

Joshua hold definitely have Audhulma, I don't know who would have Excalibur, L'Arachel would have either Latona or Ivaldi and I don't know who would have the other weapon L'Arachel doesn't get.

32 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I agree with the tiering sentiment, but it's unrelated lol. Math is just math, and the game literally runs on it.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Barring Distant Counter personal weapons, DeNA has yet to add generic range 1-2 physical weapons to Swords, Lances, and Axes (and magical weapons). They appear to either not want to address these, or don't know how. How hard would it be to balance them? How should they be handled?

I think what they are afraid of is that by adding a generic weapon with inherent Distant Counter you are invalidating Distant Counter itself (in theory). But when it's locked to a single unit that's absurdly rare I don't think there is much to worry about it. If balance is an issue it would likely have a few points less MT than a standard weapon. If a Silver Axe+ is 15 MT then a Hatchet+ should be around 11-12. Not to mention you'd still be rolling specifically for Ross.

25 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Joshua hold definitely have Audhulma, I don't know who would have Excalibur, L'Arachel would have either Latona or Ivaldi and I don't know who would have the other weapon L'Arachel doesn't get.

Excalibur: Class-changed Ismaire is the only royal from Jehanna who could probably wield it.

Latona: L'Arachel's uncle and ruler of Rausten, Mansel. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

It'd be hilarious if the next story chapter or maybe paralogue has us teaming up with Lyon to steal back Naglfar. Yes, let's help this guy who seems to be slipping into desperation to get back a very powerful dark magic tome. Of course nothing will go wrong. It's then implied that FE Heroes' characters' shenanigans are responsible for Sacred Stones' story. :p

I read up on Gleipnir and apparently Knoll gives it to Ephraim? He technically has it in his possession, so they could justify it as to why he's using it. Perhaps he could have dialogue saying he's only using this tome for now and that it should belong to someone else. Hmm, that would make him the third unit to talk about their tome after Linde and Merric.

Never mind, Knoll leads Ephraim to the Sacred Twins of Grado.

Edited by Kaden

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I think what they are afraid of is that by adding a generic weapon with inherent Distant Counter you are invalidating Distant Counter itself (in theory). But when it's locked to a single unit that's absurdly rare I don't think there is much to worry about it. If balance is an issue it would likely have a few points less MT than a standard weapon. If a Silver Axe+ is 15 MT then a Hatchet+ should be around 11-12. Not to mention you'd still be rolling specifically for Ross.

I am not a fan of distant counter/ close counter as they upset the balance of attacking from the units weak range. Hector is a big pushover without his distant counter. My biggest problem with counter skills is when it is paired with vantage. Since it is easy to get into a situation were the counter skill unit will always kill all of your units if they have to attack afterwards. 

I can't wait to try out the vantage nullifier badge. 

I'd rather they keep distant counter to a skill and weapon exclusives.

Man, SS banner ends right on the 31st meaning I can't use next months quest orbs to grab them... I really like all the characters they added and they even made their sets really good at least in my eyes.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The artist who drew her (the same as Genny/Nino/etc) is known for drawing moe and lewd stuff. Just look at some of his stuff on pixiv if you are interested.

...I was expecting panty shots, not this... this... LEWD stuff.

Ah great, now I'll never be able to look at sweet innocent Nino- AAAAAAA, IT'S ALREADY AFFECTING ME, HALP, HALP, MAN DOWN, MAN-

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

Masked person? Are you Bane?

I am better than Bane...

I am... GEROME.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...I was expecting panty shots, not this... this... LEWD stuff.

Ah great, now I'll never be able to look at sweet innocent Nino- AAAAAAA, IT'S ALREADY AFFECTING ME, HALP, HALP, MAN DOWN, MAN-

Does such a thing anti-pedophilia therapy exist?

And on a related note (which can't help but come off as creepy given the first), we have plenty of Lolicon so far, but not so much Shotacon right? 

Speaking of various subjects, Heroes hasn't introduced neutral army (green units). We need it to give the game a plus at content and strategizing.

I think the next TT will be SS themed, I hope.

Can Saleh have Excalibur? Can we even have 2 Excaliburs? Or maybe they will give him an exclusive Excalibur like Sonya. Inb4 light excalibur, or better, they make Saleh a light mage. I think regalia goes Joshua/Audhulma, Duessel/Garm, Tana/Vidofnir, Innes/Nidhogg, Saleh/Excalibur, Artur/Ivaldi, Knoll/Gleipnir and L'Arachel/Latona. I want Natasha

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Speaking of various subjects, Heroes hasn't introduced neutral army (green units). We need it to give the game a plus at content and strategizing.

Are the battlefields large enough to accommodate green NPC units on top of players and enemies? Wouldn't want things to be too cluttered. And how could they use greens for protect missions, something they'd certainly try, if enemies could get to them in 3 turns at the absolute most?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are the battlefields large enough to accommodate green NPC units on top of players and enemies? Wouldn't want things to be too cluttered. And how could they use greens for protect missions, something they'd certainly try, if enemies could get to them in 3 turns at the absolute most?

The elites in this game would scoff at the idea of a map taking 3 turns to clear.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And on a related note (which can't help but come off as creepy given the first), we have plenty of Lolicon so far, but not so much Shotacon right? 

I've brought this up before too. Lolis in general are more popular but I like loli characters more than shotas anyways.

Also note: Lolicons are people who like lolis. Shotacons are people who like shotas.

Right now, we have Gordin, Raigh... I don't know who else but that's probably it.