• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

Lucky!

Yeah I'm so happy since Hinoka, Cherche and Beruka are all my favourite fliers, and I've taken a liking to Minerva as well. Still hoping some luck would rub off for Summer Corrin, although I don't have that many orbs left.

Maybe I'll promote Michalis someday to join the 5 star Minerva and Maria, although I have a lot of axe fliers already.

Cherche needs a Brave Axe+, though I don't want to sacrifice that +Atk Camilla yet (especially if it sounds like Narcian will be back again soon- Camilla dominates that map). Still Hammer+ does its job so far at eliminating Effies in one go.

Speaking of, I wonder if there should be something like a Bonus Adept skill. Kind of like Triangle Adept but just a defensive bonus- so if you're weapon does double damage then you also take half damage from units that weapon is effective to. (So if you double damage to armours, you take half damage from armours) This way, things like Ridersbanes, Wolf tomes and Hammers might have a bit more use especially in GHBs. Frail archers wouldn't be as susceptible to Brave Fliers, Kagero would be an even better Infantry counter (although if it's an A skill like Triangle Adept it has to compete with Close Counter). Merric would be a super flier counter (especially sicne red tome fliers don't exist yet, Julia..probably doesn't need it since she has high res anyway.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Times like this I wonder if the real reason I don't have a trained Camus, Xander or Reinhardt is spite.

Nothing wrong with a little spite, so as long as you don't develop an unhealthy repressed desire to give in and embrace that which you spite.

Take it from me, I don't play this game partly out of spite (I DL'd it, but have yet to actually open the game). And if I do, I'm going to be all PETA and not make a Horse Emblem team. Instead, I want to see what I could do with mono-colors/colorless and mono-Staffs teams. Not to say I won't use mounties or mixed color teams obviously, I will if a challenge requires it, or if I feel I don't want to put up with a hassle, or just because I feel like it. 

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

You have some real patience. I tried a few times and only managed to do it once

These orbs earned me Celica (technically not really, but fuck justifications) so it was definitely worth it.

My only inheritance was a silver sword on Draug and a Ward Armour line on Zephiel (which he only started to fill).

Zephiel, Draug, Gwendy, and Effie was the team. I rerolled until there only were maps with three enemies without any mages or archers. Daggers are ehh and lances are sometimes allowable. Too many hammers and heavy spears for my liking, my oh my.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Zephiel, Draug, Gwendy, and Effie was the team. I rerolled until there only were maps with three enemies without any mages or archers. Daggers are ehh and lances are sometimes allowable. Too many hammers and heavy spears for my liking, my oh my.

That's also the team I have to use to complete those quests since none of the axe armors want anything to do with me though maybe that'll change with Amelia. Also, at least you did this after the 1.6 update introduced the re-roll button for the Training Tower. No, I didn't complete this quest literally a day before that update went live. Why do you ask?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's also the team I have to use to complete those quests since none of the axe armors want anything to do with me though maybe that'll change with Amelia. Also, at least you did this after the 1.6 update introduced the re-roll button for the Training Tower. No, I didn't complete this quest literally a day before that update went live. Why do you ask?

Did you complete the quest a day before the update went live? ;thinking;

I managed to beat the 9+10 Lunatic CC! Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Priscilla were able to hold out just fine for the first eight maps, then got wrecked on the last turn of 10-4. Priscilla managed to survive with like 3 HP to make it to 10-5 though. From there I brought in Zephiel/Gwendolyn/Hector/Katarina, who almost managed to win but Mist survived with 1 HP via Miracle. So I had to go to my third team and send in Luke to finish her off on the first turn.

Not looking forward to 11+12.

8 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

this sentence made me finally realize who tf Raigh is. i always knew him as Ray so connection =/= made. his art in Heroes barely even resembles the og game art, imo. wtf.

I knew who he and Lugh were when I read Nino's wiki page a while back. Her endings say she ends up with twins if paired up with Erk or Jaffar. Raigh's name is weird. Apparently it was supposed to be Lleu, but it's a name that's difficult for English and Japanese speakers to pronounce. I guess Raigh became the official translation.

Anyway, I looked at Raigh's page and he kind of looks similar, but younger and slightly chubbier. Like, kid chubby and not actually chubby. Different styles have made characters look different from their home games. Most of them being characters in the their teens looking younger. If you showed me Amelia, Clarine, Nino, and Raigh's Sprite portraits, I would have thought they were around 15. If you showed me their Heroes art, I'd think they were 12 or younger.

Anyway, I hope we get knight Sakura and more kid knights. It's just absolutely hilarious to me. A tiny boy or girl in hulking armor bashing people's heads in. It's so dumb.

ALRIGHT ITS 17th!

WE'RE ON!

boon/bane

Athena D/H

Ogma S/R

CorrinF R/A

CorrinM H/A

Beruka R/D and R/A

Sophia D/R

Selena D/H

Lon'Qu D/S

Hinata H/R

#HEROFESTSUCKS

uhhh Happy Independence Day guys

Edited by JSND

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Priscilla

If it helps, this is almost the exact team I used to beat 11 + 12 with Camus being used instead of Reinhardt. It was also the only team I needed to put that bugger in it's place though I did allow Gray to kill Cecilia on 12-5. I'm not sure you could get away with using Rein instead of Camus since, at least for me, 11-3 came down to Camus fending for himself on the right side of the map with Priscilla providing healing and Hone Cavalry.

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I knew who he and Lugh were when I read Nino's wiki page a while back. Her endings say she ends up with twins if paired up with Erk or Jaffar. Raigh's name is weird. Apparently it was supposed to be Lleu, but it's a name that's difficult for English and Japanese speakers to pronounce. I guess Raigh became the official translation.

Anyway, I looked at Raigh's page and he kind of looks similar, but younger and slightly chubbier. Like, kid chubby and not actually chubby. Different styles have made characters look different from their home games. Most of them being characters in the their teens looking younger. If you showed me Amelia, Clarine, Nino, and Raigh's Sprite portraits, I would have thought they were around 15. If you showed me their Heroes art, I'd think they were 12 or younger.

Anyway, I hope we get knight Sakura and more kid knights. It's just absolutely hilarious to me. A tiny boy or girl in hulking armor bashing people's heads in. It's so dumb.

i didn't realize Nino was their mum either i don't think i got any Nino A supps. wow Nino being a parent feels weird.

yeah, looks a lot younger. always felt like Raigh would have sharp features and be angular kinda? sure i can see resemblance now but man i actually started a new Binding Blade run couple months back, used Raigh a lot so it's not like i forgot he existed or anything, and still did not recognize him in FEH. but that's true it happened to a lot of characters they look aged down from their sprite art, i don't really like it. i think Amelia's is actually fine, definitely not as bad as the others.

speaking of Amelia and kid knights, i just realized how much they stuck to the general sprite animation from SS for her design. there's even the chain on the axe hah.

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I just got the atk ploy seal from tempest trials and I don't know who to give it to. My high res option right now are Julia, Genny, Titania, and Priscilla.

My highest Res unit already has atk ploy!

33 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

u have to grow up someday

And then end up abandoning your infant twins in an orphanage (though to be fair Lucius can provide both maternal and paternal guidance) because you're obsessed with finding your beloved Jaffar.

And then you end up finding him in Ilia, he disapproves of you finding him, this leads his bounty hunters to catch him, you watch him die as he commands you to flee for your own safety. You then spend the next decades alone in a ramshackle house on the outskirts of an Illian village, incredibly depressed with no life beyond sorrow, being kept alive only by the rare charity of fellow villagers. If you're lucky however, your children, drafted into war, end up finding you and bring an end to your agony of fifteen years, promising instead good memories from here on out.

(That second part is my own little fantasy in case you can't tell.)

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then end up abandoning your infant twins in an orphanage (though to be fair Lucius can provide both maternal and paternal guidance) because you're obsessed with finding your beloved Jaffar.

And then you end up finding him in Ilia, he disapproves of you finding him, this leads his bounty hunters to catch him, you watch him die as he commands you to flee for your own safety. You then spend the next decades alone in a ramshackle house on the outskirts of an Illian village, incredibly depressed with no life beyond sorrow, being kept alive only by the rare charity of fellow villagers. If you're lucky however, your children, drafted into war, end up finding you and bring an end to your agony of fifteen years, promising instead good memories from here on out.

Bittersweet endings are an old-school FE staple

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wasn't the issue actually the fact that both Nino and Jaffar got chased for being Black Fang

Just now, JSND said:

Wasn't the issue actually the fact that both Nino and Jaffar got chased for being Black Fang

Nino was being chased too. I just left that out because it seems odd to chase after a happy little girl who only did messenger missions save for her last job (which nobody should know about).

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Bittersweet endings are an old-school FE staple

This is actually almost a legit myth

FE1 ending is the most upbeat in the entire series

FE2 if its anything like SoV is fairly happy, just because it seems realistic doesn't make it unhappy lol

FE3 is the Kaga Trademark so not saying anything about this that have been said

FE4.1 is dark, but FE4.2 is pretty happy

FE5 only 2 people have not fully happy ending: Olson who still ended up well, and the controversial Lifis ending, but Lifis bad ending is a good ending for literally everyone. Otherwise FE5 ending rivals FE1 in term of how happy it is

Edited by JSND