• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yes, god, please don't call them IVs. It makes no sense to go with a related but different feature from a game that also has a feature that is the actual exact same thing. "Natures" is not that long.

Well aren't you being Adamant about that?

26 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I like to think I'm bettering the playerbase every time I call them natures

Nice to see you're Careful with your word choice. I'm the same way when I try using proper phraseology for things in defiance of common misuse of words. But I think you're Naive to imagine you'll have an impact.

30 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

IV is quicker to type than Nature or Boon/Bane and everybody knows what you mean.

Aren't you Relaxed? But I think you're a little Sassy too.

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wishful thinking. Also, people are dumb.

Pokemon analogies. Also, these are ostensibly better compared to natures, not IVs.

Bold and Brave, aren't we? Perhaps a bit Rash though. Be a tad more Docile.

....I'm not going to Jolly anymore when you all come for me for making these contrived Pokemon Natures wordplays. I'll be Quiet and Docile for now. Not good enough? ...Please be Gentle on me.

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

One thing I kind of see them doing within a year is making master versions of skills. Just a fourth level of, say, Vantage, where it's active once you hit 90% HP. And these best versions of skills will be distributed the way they distribute skills currently - on new characters that are hard to pull and staying 5 star exclusive. No more room for side upgrades, the only direction to build is straight up.

Unrelated to my wordplay, why couldn't they make Seals stack with Skills? That way, you can choose to go extensive or intensive with your Seal equip choices. Do you up mobility on your Amelia with Wings of Mercy? Or do you instead buff her LoD offense to level 4? I just got the idea from Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold- where you get the same choice when it comes to equipping Grimoire Stones.

I've called boon/banes IVs out of memory muscle at this point, but I always wondered why everyone calls them like that when they're the same mechanic as natures in Pokemon.

Regardling Sacred Coins, I'm an advocate of them being used to forge weapons. Slaying weapons are called "Forged killer" in japanese, which could mean at some time in the future we'll be able to upgrade certain weapons to make them more useful. For one I'd like to upgrade Wolf and Owl tomes Mt because they suck as they are right now.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Aren't you Relaxed? But I think you're a little Sassy too.

Trust me, I'm being totally Serious.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Upgrading non-maxed skills at a major coin cost (e. g., DB2 → DB3) would be fine for me.

I would be okay with that.  Maybe I could finally give my Xander QR3.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I've called boon/banes IVs out of memory muscle at this point, but I always wondered why everyone calls them like that when they're the same mechanic as natures in Pokemon.

Because back in the day before people besides me had enough data, some idiot somewhere thought it was possible to have 2 pluses and 2 minuses because they thought something that wasn't neutral was neutral. And it stuck because people are dumb.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

There is nothing wrong that. Kris needs a job to eat just like you and me. Since the client is Royalty, the pay must be pretty good too. Beats being a peasant.

Eh, I never said I was judging Kris for their life choices. I totally was though, for the record.

As far as the "IVs vs. Natures" topic is concerned, people can call them whatever they want. You could say that I'm quite Lax about it considering I've been a Pokemon fan longer than I've been a FE fan.

Edited by Tybrosion

9 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Wait... is this planned? 

Hey, I don't make the game. But I find it pretty telling how the idea of seals was only a month old before we got our first one that wasn't even an existing skill. Now we have three like that. I wouldn't put it past them to have upgrades for the single stat seals, atk ploy, etc. It might also help them keep some skills relevant in the face of later, better additions. Like if there was an attack +3 seal, that would be pretty competitive versus a life or death 1 seal.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice to see you're Careful with your word choice. I'm the same way when I try using proper phraseology for things in defiance of common misuse of words. But I think you're Naive to imagine you'll have an impact.

I can be Quirky on these boards, but I'm never Timid about saying what I mean. Anybody that thinks otherwise needs to stop being...impish? What the heck does impish mean?

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Regardling Sacred Coins, I'm an advocate of them being used to forge weapons. Slaying weapons are called "Forged killer" in japanese, which could mean at some time in the future we'll be able to upgrade certain weapons to make them more useful. For one I'd like to upgrade Wolf and Owl tomes Mt because they suck as they are right now.

oooooh, I like this idea because it gives us a Forgery menu where we get some different music. Also, I hate having to spend 20K feathers just to get somebody a better weapon. On the other hand, they keep giving us more and more feathers with weekly and monthly events, so it's becoming more of a first world problem than ever.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because back in the day before people besides me had enough data, some idiot somewhere thought it was possible to have 2 pluses and 2 minuses because they thought something that wasn't neutral was neutral. And it stuck because people are dumb.

Makes sense, I remember one time I was looking at my sister's Lilina boon/bane and two calculators started throwing out weird numbers like -4 HP +2 Spd -3 Def +2 Atk which felt wrong. Turns out she was a +Def -Hp and those things wrong. 

Anyway, I'm just going to keep calling them IVs because that's what everybody keeps calling them, although it's going to keep bugging me forever because I've been playing Pokemon before I even knew what FE was.

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Anyway, I'm just going to keep calling them IVs because that's what everybody keeps calling them, although it's going to keep bugging me forever because I've been playing Pokemon before I even knew what FE was.

Natures, please.

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

oooooh, I like this idea because it gives us a Forgery menu where we get some different music. Also, I hate having to spend 20K feathers just to get somebody a better weapon. On the other hand, they keep giving us more and more feathers with weekly and monthly events, so it's becoming more of a first world problem than ever.

How could I forget the armory music!? I wonder if they'll keep it classic or give it a new jingle, either way that'd be pretty cool.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Natures, please.

That's what I'd like to call them, but everyone is really Adamant about it.

As a nature person, I support nature. People who are too into individual values are just being selfish and nature haters.

I do not really care what people call it, but I will stick with nature since that is a better description of it. It is also easier type than individual values. Although I would like type like "dis n jus typ IV," I prefer to keep my writing style consistent across all mediums so I do not accidentally slip up when I need to type something professional.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

so I do not accidentally slip up when I need to type something professional.

u need to pay attention to the context then

i can def type "professionally" but i rarely ever do so in casual environments

its so much faster not having to be a stickler 

45 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Wait... is this planned? 

Wishful critical common sense is telling me "god fucking no". Life and Death stacked onto Death Blow? yeaaah no.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Feathers are an option, but we already get a lot of those now.

We can never get enough feathers.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

u need to pay attention to the context then

i can def type "professionally" but i rarely ever do so in casual environments

its so much faster not having to be a stickler 

I prefer to do as little thinking as possible. If I have just one writing style, I do not have to pay attention to context as much. Typing correctly also creates an illusion of credibility.

I understand giving Seth a Sword for variety, but wonder if that was the rational, why didn't they just give him an Axe?  Right now, Green Cavs are the lowest we have.  Besides Cecilia as the lone Green Mage, we have Frederick, Titania, and Gunter.

Just now, Rezzy said:

I understand giving Seth a Sword for variety, but wonder if that was the rational, why didn't they just give him an Axe?  Right now, Green Cavs are the lowest we have.  Besides Cecilia as the lone Green Mage, we have Frederick, Titania, and Gunter.

Because we need to have Seth lose to Valter, just like in the opening scene of FE8

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

But Seth can’t use axes in his game.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But Seth can’t use axes in his game.

Faye

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

Faye can't use Bows in her game

Jinx

Edited by Rezzy