Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 minutes ago, Nóatún said:

That is a good argument for him staying rare, now that you mention it. I'm prepared to be burned at the stake for it, but I've never been a fan of his (as a character, that is - he was always too arrogant and rude for my tastes) and would actually prefer that he not get demoted, myself, since that'd leave Amelia or (less likely) Tana as the other candidates, two characters I'd much rather have. I'm just waiting for the swerve where they, for some godforsaken reason, decide to keep Seth as a 5 star.

I really doubt that Seth has any chance of staying a 5* only unless if IS thinks that him having Seal Atk/Def 2 is a good enough reason to keep him there. 

I also just realized that the case I made for Innes can also be made for Amelia as there are also only two non-seasonal 5* only axe units at this point (Hector and Minerva) because they didn't keep Titania, the only other axe unit who got added to the summoning pool up to this point, as a 5* only. So really, it honestly is a complete toss-up on whether Innes or Amelia gets dropped to 4-5*. Or they could render all my speculating moot by dropping Tana down instead.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

They've tended to have gender balance in the stay vs drop characters:

• Eirika/Seliph vs Ephraim/Julia
  • Clair/Lukas vs Alm/Faye
  • Soren/Titania vs Ike/Mist
  • Athena/Roderick vs Luke/Katarina
  • Mathilda/Leon vs Delthea/Saber and Sonya/Gray

The exceptions are Celica's banner where there wasn't a gender balance in the first place, and the two early 6-character banners that were split into 3 stay and 3 drop.

So I think if Amelia really does stay, it'll be Tana that drops alongside Seth.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd make him a blue mage personally and give him either Aura or Dark Aura since Aura is the tome he wields the two times you fight him.

@Poimagic

Blue mage, but with regular light magic. The Aura tome that he uses in-game is not the same as Linde's Aura or Delthea's Aura.

The Aura tome in the GBA games is "Argyraurae" in Japanese, which differs from the Aura tomes in other installments that use the name "Aura" in Japanese.

Or staff. Because I don't care about him at all.

19 minutes ago, Nóatún said:

Of course, the question then becomes: who else other than Seth would be the likely candidate for demotion? Innes?

Tana comes with a legendary weapon, the powerful Guidance skill, and comparable stats to Cordelia.

Innes comes with a legendary weapon and the best offensive stats of any archer in the regular summoning pool.

Amelia comes with Armor March and the highest stat total in the game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Amelia has the lowest chance of staying 5-star exclusive.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

They've tended to have gender balance in the stay vs drop characters:

Drops have always been half of each banner rounded down, so I don't think it's appropriate to lump the most recent Echoes banners together like that if you aren't going to include the two 6-character banners.

Honestly, I see no reason to believe gender balance means anything. What the character brings to the table appears to be more predictive.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Blue mage, but with regular light magic. The Aura tome that he uses in-game is not the same as Linde's Aura or Delthea's Aura.

The Aura tome in the GBA games is "Argyraurae" in Japanese, which differs from the Aura tomes in other installments that use the name "Aura" in Japanese.

Or staff. Because I don't care about him at all.

Eh, shows how much I know about name differences between versions.

Caellach and Duessel are the only other Grado generals I'd care to see get added. The others (including the incoming Valter) I don't particularly care about.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I was thinking of how they could do the Grado Generals:

Caellach: Would be a green unit with a either a sword reaver or a sword slayer. Would be a GHB

Selena: Blue Cavalry mage who is basically Rienhardt, but less offensive and more defensive. Would probably be a GHB

Duessel: Green Cavalry who is summonable

Riev: Either green mage or staff user. Would definitely be a GHB

Glen: Sword Wyvern rider. Nuff said. (Just kidding. Would most likely be a TT unit)

Caellach used axes in SS so he'd be an axe infantry unit. Maybe Hoplon Shield could be turned into a skill.

Selena...green mage cavs need more variety than just Cecilia so...green mage cav. It also fits her color scheme better. Probably a GHB. 

Duessel: Green axe cav or...blue lance cav if they care enough to bring that special lance of his. 

Riev: Green or blue tome user. Some nee light magic spell.

Glen: Sword flier unit. 

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Caellach used axes in SS so he'd be an axe infantry unit. Maybe Hoplon Shield could be turned into a skill.

Selena...green mage cavs need more variety than just Cecilia so...green mage cav. It also fits her color scheme better. Probably a GHB. 

Duessel: Green axe cav or...blue lance cav if they care enough to bring that special lance of his. 

Riev: Green or blue tome user. Some nee light magic spell.

Glen: Sword flier unit. 

What would Hoplon Guard do? There are no criticals in heroes. And if it nullified special attacks, then that's just a way better Guard I think.

Selena's use of bolting is iconic, but a different color would help make her feel unique. Her backup weapon in the game is Elfire, and I'd prefer a red mage horse. Leo is the only one of those, and he's a 5 star locked unit that few people have. Plus it would finally be a red mage GHB as well if Lyon isn't in the cards. And Duessel should definitely be an axe cav. For diversity reasons (there are so many free lance cavs) and because that special lance already belongs to Valter, and alternatively Cormag if they want to shout out that support. Duessel has never dared to wield it.

45 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What would Hoplon Guard do? There are no criticals in heroes. And if it nullified special attacks, then that's just a way better Guard I think.

Selena's use of bolting is iconic, but a different color would help make her feel unique. Her backup weapon in the game is Elfire, and I'd prefer a red mage horse. Leo is the only one of those, and he's a 5 star locked unit that few people have. Plus it would finally be a red mage GHB as well if Lyon isn't in the cards. And Duessel should definitely be an axe cav. For diversity reasons (there are so many free lance cavs) and because that special lance already belongs to Valter, and alternatively Cormag if they want to shout out that support. Duessel has never dared to wield it.

Hoplon Guard could either eliminate increased damage from buffed enemies; making buffed attacks useless on him or the one using Hoplon Shield or...like you mentioned, nullify specials.

Selena could go either red or green but I'd prefer green. As for Duessel, he has another special lance: a Gavaleus. Sure, the requirements to wield it are extreme according to the support conversation with Cormag but Heroes can just make it so he has no choice but to use it. 

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Valter should've gotten a skill based on the delphi shield item he wields in the map you fight him on.

Michalis already has Iote’s Shield, and he was the first to have it.

Went from 40k to 60k on TT today for a last shot at orbs for Ike but no dice. As well as clearing most of the remaining Training Tower missions.

At least now I'll actually end up fully clearing TT for once, I guess. Should end up at almost 95k at the end just from the three daily clears, so I may as well round that off at some point.

27 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Here's hoping to more orbs to make up for people's Hero Fest hunts

Definitely that because I'm scraping at this point. I doubt it's shards because those have become daily rewards and it's mostly just a punch in the face. On the other hand Orbs seems way too generous. I'm going to spitball and say feathers. They've all but tripled the feather income since the update and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped even more on us. Can't complain about that either though.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Definitely that because I'm scraping at this point. I doubt it's shards because those have become daily rewards and it's mostly just a punch in the face. On the other hand Orbs seems way too generous. I'm going to spitball and say feathers. They've all but tripled the feather income since the update and I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped even more on us. Can't complain about that either though.

Yup, it is crystals and feathers.

Welp... Blade Banner. That's annoying.

My S!Corrin and B!Caeda are both -ATK and want Blarblade+. Soren and Cecillia would love Gronnblade+ (or I could just merge my Nino) and Tharja without an Attack bane would be amazing.

Really, really annoying.

Well then, neither the new quests nor the new banner are that exciting. Even the free pull just got me a duplicate Gwendolyn (I was really hoping I'd get lucky and pull a Rein). Since I'm already gotten everything I want from the TT and don't have any new units to train, I'll just wait for something more interesting.