• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just realized Amelia's artwork even has the chain that attaches a General's right hand to their weapon for easy retrieval after rocketing it at the opponent.

GBA Generals are so awesome.

Yeah, I quite like that attention to detail / call back too. Though as far as her damaged art goes, I still wonder how the hell they got away with that pose. I suppose it's not much worse than Summer!Corrin's swimsuit getting ripped apart but still.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I quite like that attention to detail / call back too. Though as far as her damaged art goes, I still wonder how the hell they got away with that pose. I suppose it's not much worse than Summer!Corrin's swimsuit getting ripped apart but still.

Have you seen Catria's portrait? It makes even less sense to me...

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Everything is covered. Everything is fine.

...She even has the line in Japanese 「えい!それ!たぁあ! うん? ど、どこ見てるの?」 which, unlike the corresponding English line that ends in "Were you watching me the whole time?", translates as "Where are you looking?"

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Have you seen Catria's portrait? It makes even less sense to me...

Assuming you're talking about her standard art, yes I have and that's quite suspect as well. It is the same artist as Amelia's so maybe they just have some unresolved issues and/or fetishes or something.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Assuming you're talking about her standard art, yes I have and that's quite suspect as well. It is the same artist as Amelia's so maybe they just have some unresolved issues and/or fetishes or something.

Amelia's doesn't look that weird/perverted though. I give Amelia's a bit of an excuse since it could kind of look like her retreating while looking back, but Catria's is very awkward to stand twisted like that just for a bit of ass. I'm guessing it's just a thing for Amagaitaro to get an butt view in anyways.

6 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Amelia's doesn't look that weird/perverted though. I give Amelia's a bit of an excuse since it could kind of look like her retreating while looking back, but Catria's is very awkward to stand twisted like that just for a bit of ass. I'm guessing it's just a thing for Amagaitaro to get an butt view in anyways.

The thing I have with Amelia's art is simply the fact that this is like a fourteen year-old we're talking about here. I just can't help but find it a tad bit inappropriate with that in mind. Catria, though not that much older, can at least be considered a young adult. Though I suppose that still doesn't make her art any less awkward but I digress. 

Speaking of art, I managed to meet Kozaki who designed the Fates/Awakening characters today in a convention (managed to attend a drawing workshop as a last minute add-on too and got him to sign my sketch and the Awakening artbook!)

No surprise that his favourite female Fire Emblem character is Lucina, but when he was asked by someone who his favourite male character was he said 'he hadn't really thought about it.' He did say he enjoyed designing Garon though.

Just a missed opportunity he could've been a better villain storywise which is a bit of a waste of a design.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The thing I have with Amelia's art is simply the fact that this is like a fourteen year-old we're talking about here. I just can't help but find it a tad bit inappropriate with that in mind. Catria, though not that much older, can at least be considered a young adult. Though I suppose that still doesn't make her art any less awkward but I digress. 

Fourteen years old is a high school first-year in Japan (high school sophomore in the U.S.), which is fair game for your typical high school dating sim.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

My Camus is climbing the levels. Gradivus actually does make him competent, but was suffering through his non-Gradivus rarities worth it? No idea.

Just traning him up to lvl 40 as a 4* shouldn't be that bad right? I mean, you can just stick a Gunter next to him, ad he's a god even with a Silver Lance (I mean, which cavelier isn't, but still).

Glad to hear he's working out for you though!

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Just traning him up to lvl 40 as a 4* shouldn't be that bad right? I mean, you can just stick a Gunter next to him, ad he's a god even with a Silver Lance (I mean, which cavelier isn't, but still).

Glad to hear he's working out for you though!

He's still not close to 5* 40 and ready to be added to the Arena Assault roster, but he does stand a chance of being added to my Squad Assault 1 strategy (since I seem to have forgotten the original one that didn't use him.

He probably will reach that level tonight, and then I'll start training Clive, most likely.

Tempest Trials and Hero Merit gave me a lot of feathers in a short amount of time, so I promoted Anna. My Askr trio are now all 5-star, even though Anna still has quite a way to go until I'm done building her.

So ... who do I promote next once I get the feathers to do so?

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Everything is covered. Everything is fine.

...She even has the line in Japanese 「えい!それ!たぁあ! うん? ど、どこ見てるの?」 which, unlike the corresponding English line that ends in "Were you watching me the whole time?", translates as "Where are you looking?"

That might be a reference to her support with Ewan in the Japanese version of SS, where he looks up her skirt while she was practicing, IIRC. That part was changed in the western release for obvious reasons, so that line in the English version of FEH is also different.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

That might be a reference to her support with Ewan in the Japanese version of SS, where he looks up her skirt while she was practicing, IIRC. That part was changed in the western release for obvious reasons, so that line in the English version of FEH is also different.

Ewan, you dirty, dirty man. Also, who in Japan thought it was good for one young person to look up another person's skirt.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Camus is trained, and I am now legitimately ignoring Mathilda for Clive. The part of me that loves Echoes is super confused.

You do not have to ignore Mathilda. Just give Clive Cancel Affinity. That way, Clive and Mathilda will always be together and you are not ignoring either of them. I swear Clive will not go insane from cannibalizing Mathilda in the process.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

Been taking Subaki as my bonus arena unit this time....he got 12 SP. Do arena units get bonuses like the tempest do? Have I just never noticed this before

Arena units have always got bonus SP. Before 1.6, bonus heroes got 3 SP per kill, while everybody else got 1 SP. Now bonus heroes get 6 SP per kill, while everybody else gets 3 SP.

During Fridays and Saturdays it’s doubled, if a relevant valour skill is present, doubled again.

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Been taking Subaki as my bonus arena unit this time....he got 12 SP. Do arena units get bonuses like the tempest do? Have I just never noticed this before

That's something the 1.6 update changed. Arena bonus units now get 6 SP per kill instead of 3 while non-bonus units get 3 SP per kill instead of 1.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Arena units have always got bonus SP. Before 1.6, bonus heroes got 3 SP per kill, while everybody else got 1 SP. Now bonus heroes get 6 SP per kill, while everybody else gets 3 SP.

During Fridays and Saturdays it’s doubled, if a relevant valour skill is present, doubled again.

Oh huh! I might have noticed adifference in SP after the update but just thought it was due to the enemies i was facing.

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not have to ignore Mathilda. Just give Clive Cancel Affinity. That way, Clive and Mathilda will always be together and you are not ignoring either of them. I swear Clive will not go insane from cannibalizing Mathilda in the process.

I thought the mans puts themselves in the woman, not the other way around. Is Clive actually a seahorse? It'd be better that way if he was. Why can't FE have a house husband with a woman who brings home the bacon (or ham judging from the available provisions in SoV)? The closest we came I think was TitaniaxRhys (which sadly isn't be official canon), and NailahxRafiel- which while officially a couple, was never directly stated in RD (at least in translation).

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought the mans puts themselves in the woman, not the other way around. Is Clive actually a seahorse? It'd be better that way if he was. Why can't FE have a house husband with a woman who brings home the bacon (or ham judging from the available provisions in SoV)? The closest we came I think was TitaniaxRhys (which sadly isn't be official canon), and NailahxRafiel- which while officially a couple, was never directly stated in RD (at least in translation).

There aren't really any role reversal couples in  Fire Emblem. With the exception of what you  said and some pairings of Camilla. This probably is very unlikey considering Japan's views on gender norms 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Clive is a house seahorse... No, worse than that. At least a house husband and a seahorse both get some action. Just look at who has the Ridersbane and who has blue crotch armor. That is right, Mathilda is wearing blue too. No wonder they are childless. At least Clive is not a cuck.

Mathilda brings home more dough than Clive at the same level. Mathilda can also get more promotions. Here is just more proof that Clive is a house seahorse cucumber.

Clive
Brave Lance, Luna
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
Player Phase 109:17:37

Mathilda +Atk -Res
Brave Lance, Luna
Life and Death, Lancerbreaker
Player Phase 116:14:33