Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I had an idea for a banner they could do when they release a GHB for Linus. The units on the banner would be units that couldn't appear in a blazing blade playthrough if requirements weren't met. So, here I go:

Harken: either a axe unitwith the brave axe or a red unit with a brave sword

Karla: red sword unit with a Wo Dao

Geitz: green axe unit or bow used with a slaying axe or a slaying bow

Wallace: red sword unit with a armorslayer

Farina: blue flyer with a slaying lance.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I am the only one hoping they put Cormag in FEH when Valter's GHB goes live?  I was really looking forward to using Cormag in that battle but he is yet to be put in the game.  The other units I would put in a banner with Cormag would be Joshua, L'Arachel and Myrrh.  While I am looking forward to the CYL banner it doesn't seem right to have Valter but not Cormag.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I am the only one hoping they put Cormag in FEH when Valter's GHB goes live?  I was really looking forward to using Cormag in that battle but he is yet to be put in the game.  The other units I would put in a banner with Cormag would be Joshua, L'Arachel and Myrrh.  While I am looking forward to the CYL banner it doesn't seem right to have Valter but not Cormag.

There isn't going to be another update by then, so the characters available now are the only characters that will be available when Valter releases. The next banner will be on August 31.

That said, it's possible that Cormag will get added in time to be usable in a GHB Revival of Valter's map.

36 minutes ago, Othin said:

There isn't going to be another update by then, so the characters available now are the only characters that will be available when Valter releases. The next banner will be on August 31.

That said, it's possible that Cormag will get added in time to be usable in a GHB Revival of Valter's map.

Yeah I figured, I am still a little sad about that.  Hopefully the will add Cormag for the revival.

Given that the speculation about an FE8 banner turned out correct, I'm pretty hopeful about an FE8 TT as well, and I've been thinking about potential free units. Tobin and Clive were both fairly basic earlygame units, so I've been thinking about what to expect from some of the potential candidates if that pattern holds. Mind, we've already jumped to all sorts of conclusions about patterns in TT that didn't hold, but the sample size is growing, and it can't hurt to guess.

• Franz: The simplest choice, really. He'd feel a bit redundant after Clive though, especially if he used a lance. Wouldn't be quite as bad with a sword, but we did just get Seth, and we have plenty of other sword units, including sword cavalry. Although it's not like being redundant stopped Tobin. Still, I hope it's not him.
  • Gilliam: Personally, he's my favorite option, since the game needs more armors and a free 5* armor would be awesome. Also I'd really like to be able to get a fourth 5* armor without having to upgrade a character who can be pulled at 5*. (I could upgrade Draug but I don't want to since I don't have anyone convenient to have him inherit a good sword from.) Still, that might be a bit generous.
  • Vanessa: A free flier would be neat. Another lance flier would be getting to be a bit much, but we're really short on red fliers right now so she'd be a really welcome addition if she had a sword.
  • Moulder: He'd certainly be different from the other free TT units so far, but I think everyone has enough healers by now.
  • Ross: He'd be the first axe trainee which would be cool. Not too much else to say. Still, given that they did Tobin, he could be one of the more likely options.
  • Garcia: Like Ross but without being a trainee.

41 minutes ago, Othin said:

Given that the speculation about an FE8 banner turned out correct, I'm pretty hopeful about an FE8 TT as well, and I've been thinking about potential free units. Tobin and Clive were both fairly basic earlygame units, so I've been thinking about what to expect from some of the potential candidates if that pattern holds. Mind, we've already jumped to all sorts of conclusions about patterns in TT that didn't hold, but the sample size is growing, and it can't hurt to guess.

• Franz: The simplest choice, really. He'd feel a bit redundant after Clive though, especially if he used a lance. Wouldn't be quite as bad with a sword, but we did just get Seth, and we have plenty of other sword units, including sword cavalry. Although it's not like being redundant stopped Tobin. Still, I hope it's not him.
  • Gilliam: Personally, he's my favorite option, since the game needs more armors and a free 5* armor would be awesome. Also I'd really like to be able to get a fourth 5* armor without having to upgrade a character who can be pulled at 5*. (I could upgrade Draug but I don't want to since I don't have anyone convenient to have him inherit a good sword from.) Still, that might be a bit generous.
  • Vanessa: A free flier would be neat. Another lance flier would be getting to be a bit much, but we're really short on red fliers right now so she'd be a really welcome addition if she had a sword.
  • Moulder: He'd certainly be different from the other free TT units so far, but I think everyone has enough healers by now.
  • Ross: He'd be the first axe trainee which would be cool. Not too much else to say. Still, given that they did Tobin, he could be one of the more likely options.

I feel like Orson would work. Silver sword counterpart to Clive (or they could just give him whatever weapon ala armorslayer tobin). He is technically an early game unit, and his unique position in the game just "feels" free unit. a GHB if nothing else

14 minutes ago, r_n said:

I feel like Orson would work. Silver sword counterpart to Clive (or they could just give him whatever weapon ala armorslayer tobin). He is technically an early game unit, and his unique position in the game just "feels" free unit. a GHB if nothing else

Orson is briefly available early on, but his role in the game is nothing like Tobin or Clive. He wouldn't just get included on a technicality.

He could get a GHB eventually, but it'll probably be a few more months before the next FE8 GHB, and FE8 has a lot of great GHB candidates.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Orson is briefly available early on, but his role in the game is nothing like Tobin or Clive. He wouldn't just get included on a technicality.

He could get a GHB eventually, but it'll probably be a few more months before the next FE8 GHB, and FE8 has a lot of great GHB candidates.

Well Tobin & Clive barely have compatable roles with each other either. I kind of feel like Clive was chosen to be a counter part with Berkut and maybe reference their direct clash in act 3

Really this it the problem with trying to form patterns, as you said. Every tempest throws out something entirely different

Just now, r_n said:

Well Tobin & Clive barely have compatable roles with each other either. I kind of feel like Clive was chosen to be a counter part with Berkut and maybe reference their direct clash in act 3

Really this it the problem with trying to form patterns, as you said. Every tempest throws out something entirely different

Tobin and Clive are both basic earlygame units who, in Heroes, have very basic skill sets. It's how people (myself included) realized Clive was another TT unit rather than a GHB unit: his skills and role in the game weren't anything like any GHB units since maybe Navarre, but they were both strikingly similar to Tobin's.

Orson is an antagonist who is briefly playable early on. If the pattern between Tobin and Clive means anything, it's pointing somewhere very different from Orson.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

Clive and Berkut never clashed or spoken a word to each other. That was Clive and Fernand. Or Alm and Berkut depending on which scene you're trying to remember from act 3.

All I'm really hoping for with the next TT is that it's themed around a game that already has lots of characters and won't get a new banner with it. Like Fates or either Elibe game. That way I may have one of the 1.4x bonus units without having to have pulled one of the brand new characters

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Clive and Berkut never clashed or spoken a word to each other. That was Clive and Fernand. Or Alm and Berkut depending on which scene you're trying to remember from act 3.

All I'm really hoping for with the next TT is that it's themed around a game that already has lots of characters and won't get a new banner with it. Like Fates or either Elibe game. That way I may have one of the 1.4x bonus units without having to have pulled one of the brand new characters

If it's FE8, Eirika and Ephraim will probably be bonus units. Ephraim is hard to get, but Eirika is pretty common.

I don't know if I should feel mad at Catria or not. Second and last summon of the Sacred World banner netted me only a +Res, -Atk 5* Catria and also, +Res, -Spd 4* Cordelia, +Atk, -HP 3* Oboro, +Atk, -Def 4* Kagero, and a +Res, -Def 3* Gaius. So, my only focus unit is a +Atk, -Def Seth, the unit I wanted the least because I already have a lot of reds and none of my 5* reds are mages. I would have liked Amelia -- more axe knights would be welcome --, Innes -- the current best, regularly available offensive archer -- and Tana -- probably the most flexible lance flyer in the game. With Catria, I already have a +Spd, -Res one and a neutral one for F2P quests. Don't really want to invest in her and her default skills aren't really that great to inherit other than Luna which I could get from Frederick and Killer Lance is kind of useless to me knowing Slaying Lance will be a thing eventually. Oh well...

Oh, and I don't think I can get summer F!Corrin with how many summons I've done to try to get her. Instead, I only have +HP, -Res summer Elise and +Def, -HP summer Xander. I don't even get the luxury of having a high resistance tomato mage and I feel like I screwed myself over by leaving that summon where 4 reds showed up to try and get some dragon on wyvern action. At least I can laugh at how a half-naked man can have 39 base defense. Maybe I should give him L&D3. 40 HP, 37 Atk, 35 Spd, 34 Def, and 11 Res. Sure, that looks acceptable. :p

Aversa will be my one and only love flying red mage. It'll be a bad romance relationship.

Y'know, considering I dumped all of my orbs today increasing barracks size and trying to get summer F!Corrin and the other Sacred World units, I'm starting to feel the incentive to actually do the TT for orbs. If I can get to 99,999 point, I can get 23 orbs. That's ~54k more points to go.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

If it's FE8, Eirika and Ephraim will probably be bonus units. Ephraim is hard to get, but Eirika is pretty common.

Yeah, one or both of those two as 1.4x bonus units would probably help out lots of people since they've been in the game a while. I'm just not cool with a 1.4x bonus pool of characters less than a month old (save for Celica who is not much older) and locked to 5 star rarity. While it does make for a really good TT Banner, I wish lucky players were rewarded at the same rate as veteran players that have a large catalogue of heroes.

Edited by Glennstavos

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh was it? My mistake, I guess that makes more sense.

And yes, god, please. This tempest was absurd. Berkut & Clive and then every other 5* character available. THat's nonsensical!

26 minutes ago, r_n said:

Oh was it? My mistake, I guess that makes more sense.

And yes, god, please. This tempest was absurd. Berkut & Clive and then every other 5* character available. THat's nonsensical!

That really annoyed me. They make all the changes to add bonuses and things to the bonus characters... but only if you get lucky 'cos they're all now 5* for the maximum bonus. It especially grates since I was so unlucky on that banner, so it just felt like it rubbed my face in it. 

I really hope they start putting at least two 4* available characters back at 1.4x bonus, like they have on previous occasions. At least make it somewhat possible that players might have them. And I say this as a not particularly lucky, not free to play player. If I was free to play, I dread to think of the state of my army with my luck >.<

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

That really annoyed me. They make all the changes to add bonuses and things to the bonus characters... but only if you get lucky 'cos they're all now 5* for the maximum bonus. It especially grates since I was so unlucky on that banner, so it just felt like it rubbed my face in it. 

I really hope they start putting at least two 4* available characters back at 1.4x bonus, like they have on previous occasions. At least make it somewhat possible that players might have them. And I say this as a not particularly lucky, not free to play player. If I was free to play, I dread to think of the state of my army with my luck >.<

IMO, Genny should have been replaced by an askr unit and Delthea with Leon or Mathilda. I mean I don't have those guys either but, 4*s are a little more likely.

I was very lucky I had a Sonya.

6 hours ago, Othin said:

How about Myrrh, L'Arachel, Colm or Neimi? I can see L'Arachel as more of a gacha unit but it could happen. As for Moulder, as long as he carries a cool skill.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

How about Myrrh, L'Arachel, Colm or Neimi? I can see L'Arachel as more of a gacha unit but it could happen. As for Moulder, as long as he carries a cool skill.

Colm and Neimi are also possibilities. I considered mentioning them as well, but I decided to stop at Ch2 instead of Ch3 because both were just as arbitrary and I didn't really have anything to say about them other than that I don't have many colorless 5*s so I sure wouldn't complain.

L'arachel seems likely to be on the next SS banner, and Myrrh even more so. Myrrh in particular seems like a unit they'd really want to get people to pull for, especially if they implement her as a flying dragon.

Whoever it is, I don't think they'll have much in the way of cool skills, based on the TT units so far. Falchion and Hit and Run are both cool but were already decently well available, so my guess is something on that level at most.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Colm and Neimi are also possibilities. I considered mentioning them as well, but I decided to stop at Ch2 instead of Ch3 because both were just as arbitrary and I didn't really have anything to say about them other than that I don't have many colorless 5*s so I sure wouldn't complain.

L'arachel seems likely to be on the next SS banner, and Myrrh even more so. Myrrh in particular seems like a unit they'd really want to get people to pull for, especially if they implement her as a flying dragon.

Whoever it is, I don't think they'll have much in the way of cool skills, based on the TT units so far. Falchion and Hit and Run are both cool but were already decently well available, so my guess is something on that level at most.

I feel like Glen could also be an option, as you never fight him in game because he

Spoiler

Dies

before that can happen and you never recruit him till the after game. Plus, he feels like he should be added via TT. Also, he could be our third sword flier.

3 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I feel like Glen could also be an option, as you never fight him in game because he

Hide contents

Dies

before that can happen and you never recruit him till the after game. Plus, he feels like he should be added via TT. Also, he could be our third sword flier.

Huh, that's a neat idea. Not at all the Tobin/Clive route but more like Masked Marth, basically being an NPC. I'd been thinking Glen would be a GHB if added, but that could also make a lot of sense, and having him alongside Valter as 1.2x bonus units would be cool.

Falchion is cool, being a legendary weapon and Masked Marth paid for that by having literally no other skills available.

If we want to dangerously build off of that, I could see something like...

Mediocre or decently available tool kits: full set
Legendary weapons: you get your weapon and nothing else, have fun building it up

And maybe there will eventually be a unit with a really good skill, so they might get say, a weapon, that skill, and nothing else. So something like a refresh unit (ie: give Tethys a sword, but no other skills) or one of those 5* skills like wrathful staff (in that case they can get a heal instead of assault) or guidance (heavy spear syrene, perhaps)

28 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, promoted versions of Colm (Rogue) and Neimi (Ranger) would definitely be more appealing and it'd go along well with the rest of the SS cast in Heroes (Tana is kinda the odd one out but she has her prf weapon and good stats). As for Glen being a TT prize, I wouldn't oppose it. Watch them be trolls and put in Rennac instead. 

@ Myrrh and L'Arachel: Oh yes, good banner material. I just hope that L'Arachel is also promoted wielding Ivaldi. 

I can't help but see Glen as just a GHB right now. With all we know of Tempest Trials (which is admittedly little, being only 3), we've only had characters that are regularly playable or alternate costumes of a playable. All enemies with the exception of Reinhardt (from very early on) have been GHBs so far.

50 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I can't help but see Glen as just a GHB right now. With all we know of Tempest Trials (which is admittedly little, being only 3), we've only had characters that are regularly playable or alternate costumes of a playable. All enemies with the exception of Reinhardt (from very early on) have been GHBs so far.

The problem is with that statement is that you never fight Glen. And only units you fight are GHB.