Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

22 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Theoretically, I should be able to get one from a 4* Fae, if those truly exist.

Fae's on the arena team offensively and defensively, so I figure she'll be scarier now.

They do and i merged my 4 starone because my first -Spd one had skills like Iceberg. Second one was -Def/+Res so that Iceberg comes in handy.

but yeah your Fae was a pleasure to use back in the voting gauntlet :)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

They do and i merged my 4 starone because my first -Spd one had skills like Iceberg. Second one was -Def/+Res so that Iceberg comes in handy.

but yeah your Fae was a pleasure to use back in the voting gauntlet :)

I've never pulled a Fae at 4*. I think the second 5* Fae blocked something more interesting.

+HP/Res, actually. Not like she needed the Res, really, but it's nice.

9 hours ago, JSND said:

I'm amazed at your totally not dedicated post about the plausibility of an innocent joke about fictional group of men in a service of another delivered with sexual connotation in a video game. Moments like this made me realize we are on Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion Thread.

Too bad Ogma is canonically most likely to have relationship with Caeda, not like anyone can blame him

On Ogma- that is a good example of what you mean. It's a rugged knight and his princess- a platonic loyalty relationship. This said, Caeda is something of a flirt given all the men she recruits, and if she's a Arthurian Guinevere to Marth's clueless King Arthur, then she may have one particular man who is her adulterous Lancelot. Who is? Well the man has to be quite accomplished and talented to be like Lancelot- so is it Abel, Cain, Jagen, Hardin, or Ogma? Those are the first names which spring to mind, but it could be somebody else or a whole bunch of men instead of one.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

...I'm starting to think that I'm actually not the one around here who has the most amount of free time to piss away. Which kinda amazes me to be honest.

What can be said? My life is currently directionless and meaningless. I thus spend all too much time thinking through and writing posts for a gaming website. It is a sad existence, of my own choosing really- had I the will, it could be quite different. Why not play actual video games you ask? I've got a lot of JRPGs, and I feel I have to be in the right mindset to play them given the plot emphasis of many of them, but perhaps I'm too finicky with said mindset needs, and being on SF for a period of time anyhow derails it. *sigh

Hopefully the starting up of my education once more in the fall will give me something else to focus on. That, and when banner of worthy of my attention (or something acceptably close to it) comes at last, when I feel I finally have good reason to start playing this crappy iOS game at last (excuse the use of the word "crappy"). And then, my reputation on this particular forum can be built around something other than ridiculous postings, going overboard with create-a-hero, and rarer more normal posts, and I won't necessarily have to try so hard then.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I envy people who actually have free time.

But don't envy those who have too much free time or misuse it.

Then again, in our finite existences which may end so bleakly, is there such a thing as too much free time?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Then again, in our finite existences which may end so bleakly, is there such a thing as too much free time?

One should only be spending time on things that give them pleasure. Thus, all time should be free time.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

One should only be spending time on things that give them pleasure. Thus, all time should be free time.

Having money comes first. Having free time is pointless without food on your plate and a place to call home (and electricity, running water, and internet).

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Having money comes first. Having free time is pointless without food on your plate and a place to call home (and electricity, running water, and internet).

It was a somewhat serious advocation for having an enjoyable job.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

Did you read the whole thing? Are you unsatisfied yet? If you need brain bleach, Anna is selling them for a jizzillion Orbs per gallon. You might need about a dozen gallons. Haha.

I read the whole thing

I think your imagination could be very useful in other fields though

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I envy people who actually have free time.

Not even on weekends? What happened to yours?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

whole bunch of men

That sounds more like Caeda.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I read the whole thing

I think your imagination could be very useful in other fields though

Maybe I should have been a writer.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Fate/Grand Order happened. And Tempest Trials.

But that is not work, so you do not consider the time spent on the two Gacha games as free time?

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

But that is not work, so you do not consider the time spent on the two Gacha games as free time?

I don't consider sleep to be free time either. Free time is free time, not time away from work.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't consider sleep to be free time either. Free time is free time, not time away from work.

That is a lot of hours of work. I hope the overtime pay is worth it.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Do you think Berkut's Water Boost skill could be used effectively on anyone? Maybe on Fae since she has a ton of HP? Mine is +Hp with 50 HP

I think Fae might do better with Triangle Adept and Distant Defense to tank blue mages better, but if you do not have spare Roys and Celicas, I guess Water Boost is the next best thing. I would keep at least one Berkut for quests, Grand Hero Battles, and as a bonus unit if you do not plan to merge him at 5*.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is a lot of hours of work. I hope the overtime pay is worth it.

Salaried. Not like I work overtime either way.

Point is free time is time spent doing things because I want to do them, not because my job says so or my biological functions say so or because the event deadlines say so or because my room is messy and needs to be cleaned or because I have run out of clean clothes to wear or because I have run out of clean dishes to eat on or whatnot.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I think Fae might do better with Triangle Adept and Distant Defense to tank blue mages better, but if you do not have spare Roys and Celicas, I guess Water Boost is the next best thing. I would keep at least one Berkut for quests, Grand Hero Battles, and as a bonus unit if you do not plan to merge him at 5*.

I actually have TA1 on her right now since I got a spare Roy earlier. She doesn't have enough SP for TA3 though. I also have never pulled Celica. What do you think of her having Panic Ploy? I gave it to her as well. I want to put her on a defense team and mess up horse emblem Blade users. Should Fae have QR?

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Salaried. Not like I work overtime either way.

Point is free time is time spent doing things because I want to do them, not because my job says so or my biological functions say so or because the event deadlines say so or because my room is messy and needs to be cleaned or because I have run out of clean clothes to wear or because I have run out of clean dishes to eat on or whatnot.

I do not remember doing that many chores on the weekends, although my room is not exactly tidy either.

For the dishes, if you do not have a dishwasher and/or you do not want to cook, you can buy bags of frozen fruit, milk, and lots of bananas so you can drink smoothie for dinner; you can drink straight out of the blender and rinse it after you are done, and there is no grease or detergent to deal with. You can throw some salad in there too if you do not mind the greenish color; you will not be able to taste the vegetables very much since the fruits overpower it, so that can be a good or bad thing depending on how much you like vegetables. If you want something less healthy, canned food and microwave dinners work too and they have more variety.

26 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I actually have TA1 on her right now since I got a spare Roy earlier. She doesn't have enough SP for TA3 though. I also have never pulled Celica. What do you think of her having Panic Ploy? I gave it to her as well. I want to put her on a defense team and mess up horse emblem Blade users. Should Fae have QR?

I am going to give my Fae Quick Riposte too, but I am still waiting on more Roys. If she is not on a dragon team and you are controlling her any C slot will work since it mostly depends on your preferences.

I am not sure about putting Panic Ploy on a defense team since the opposing player can just regroup their team before attacking you. However, having something is better than nothing in my opinion.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I do not remember doing that many chores on the weekends, although my room is not exactly tidy either.

For the dishes, if you do not have a dishwasher and/or you do not want to cook, you can buy bags of frozen fruit, milk, and lots of bananas so you can drink smoothie for dinner; you can drink straight out of the blender and rinse it after you are done, and there is no grease or detergent to deal with. You can throw some salad in there too if you do not mind the greenish color; you will not be able to taste the vegetables very much since the fruits overpower it, so that can be a good or bad thing depending on how much you like vegetables. If you want something less healthy, canned food and microwave dinners work too and they have more variety.

Food is easily the smallest of the time sinks that I listed.

I have no idea how your suggestions have anything to do with the simple act of defining the term "free time".

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Food is easily the smallest of the time sinks that I listed.

I have no idea how your suggestions have anything to do with the simple act of defining the term "free time".

No dishes to do means more free time for Heroes.

I used to think that these GHB's were getting easier, but as it turns out I think my army is simply getting stronger. I'm getting more and more powerful units and certain things just spelled gamechanger. Frederick, Chrom and Kagero made the first week of the game doable, Lukas and Soren completely changed the dynamic of midgame and from then on certain characters just changed how I approach things. Xander made virtually everything easier, Nino was one of the best investments I could have ever made, Athena made things easier in Xander's absence. Bridelia and Delthea completely changed everything once I pulled the latter and gave the former a Brave Bow and LnD(2).

The GHB's used to be near impossible, now everything feels doable no matter how it looks. Only thing I really need at this point is a Reinhardt that isn't -ATK. Once I build him I'll have an answer for almost anything.

This game tries to make you think you "need" every new unit that comes along and makes them all so appealing when you probably don't. When I think about everything I have I feel greedy for wanting so much more. But I'll keep having fun and pulling for new units because that's what this game is about.

I have a 3.50% rate from both the SS and TT banners. I have 16 orbs left. Gray/Celica or Amelia/Tana?...