Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

She should get Bows, just like her Priestess promotion

Not sure how to fit that in Halloween though

Variants aren't restricted to canon so the developers can make the variants do whatever they want. 

@Alkaid: Halloween event based on the Boo Mountain event from Fates would be fitting. Magical girl/witch riding a black pegasus or broom would be fun. Red or Green tome as her weapon, of course. Also, Ryoma, Rinkah or Takumi variant wielding Ryoma's Club weapon. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Variants aren't restricted to canon so the developers can make the variants do whatever they want. 

@Alkaid: Halloween event based on the Boo Mountain event from Fates would be fitting. Magical girl/witch riding a black pegasus or broom would be fun. Red or Green tome as her weapon, of course. Also, Ryoma, Rinkah or Takumi variant wielding Ryoma's Club weapon. 

I know but it would be a nice callback. Hmm maybe can be an Oni costume wielding a club.

@Poimagic bones of the people she failed to cure?

hmm maybe a Dark magic witch Sakura would be interesting

I actually mentioned the idea for a halloween banner a long time ago. The units I suggested where M!Corrin who is dressed like a vampire and wields a pumpkin as a red tome, Sakura who is dressed as a witch and wields a candy staff, Takumi who is dressed as a skeleton and wields a bone bow, and Ryoma who is dressed as Frankenstein and wields a bone club. All of the weapons would probably give the panic effect after combat.

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

Whenever I have 20K available I just promote someone I already have invested, or have the skills immediately available. I don't like having 5☆ units with base skills, hence why I'm not promoting Valter until I get another Shanna and Hinata.

Hinata is probably the most wanted SI unit.

Same for me.... although Hana comes close to Hinata for SI purpose to me

13 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I actually mentioned the idea for a halloween banner a long time ago. The units I suggested where M!Corrin who is dressed like a vampire and wields a pumpkin as a red tome, Sakura who is dressed as a witch and wields a candy staff, Takumi who is dressed as a skeleton and wields a bone bow, and Ryoma who is dressed as Frankenstein and wields a bone club. All of the weapons would probably give the panic effect after combat.

I could also see the hypothetical Halloween weapons having a "Threaten X" effect if they don't induce the Panic status. It would also be appropriate thematically at the very least.

With all this seasonal talk, I decided to look back at the datamined

(spoilers even though it was found since the beginning)

Spoiler

christmas portraits. So Robin is definitely drawn by Fujiwara Ryo, though he looks somewhat younger than before. Who is the artist for Tharja? I can't relate her to anyone else.

1 hour ago, JSND said:

Same for me.... although Hana comes close to Hinata for SI purpose to me

You don't need 20k feathers to (fully) utilize Hinata though.

Anyways, I'm realizing I really want Lugh, but he doesn't make sense as anything but a green mage. I wouldn't mind a slightly weaker but bulkier Nino that's just as fast. But then there's the question of what his tome would be. The only thing that makes sense is Aircalibur which is just Excalibur as far as Heroes is concerned. Making him really just a better Merric.

If they decided to make him a blue tome mage to round out the family, what would he have? Fimbulvetr is the only tome from Blinding Blade, but it's Limstella and Sonia's tome if either one of them were ever added. Only other options are Blar tomes which have only historically been given to one unit each, and Thoron+ which is just a generic + tome that no one has and it's really just a punch in the face.

What about some sort of relative power tome that increases in MT for every percentage of damage you've taken.

Gronnrage+/Blarrage+/Rahdrrage+

100% HP: Normal 12 MT > 75% HP: 15 MT > 50% HP: 18 MT > 25% HP: 20 MT.

If he had Fury/Desperation with something like 52 normal ATK, we're looking at 60 ATK when he's at 1 HP not counting buffs. Pretty great but not broken by any means.

Edited by Zeo

I'm really greedy. I know that because I feel like a dunce looking at the 0 on my orb count and being irritated that the Tempest Banner gave me a +SPD/-DEF Marth instead of Gray or Celica. One last pull tomorrow and I'm officially out of orbs for the month. (Probably won't even try on the SS banner, Daily Orbs will give me 14 + whatever the daily special maps give. Maybe that will be a full pull. Might try).

All in all though the month's been good to me. I've been given an Ike, Marth, Ninian and S!Corrin on top of the Anna and Sophia that I've promoted. Nevermind the free Clive. Yet It's bitter in some ways too. Marth could have been a Celica or Gray (the unit I wanted the most), S!Corrin ended up +DEF/-ATK, her second worst possible nature and Innes popping up was a punch in the face to my Raven Sophia that I just finished building.

7 *5's in one month is pretty amazing, but it all feels just a bit bittersweet. To top that off I'm completely dry on orbs, something I haven't truly been in a long time. I've exhausted all the Lunatic CC's and pretty much everything else. Now watch September dump CYL right at the beginning of the month. Or worse, a Lyn banner pops up next. I'll stay optimistic, but my feelings this month are mixed. Happy, frustrated, surprised, exasperated.

August was a pretty crazy month, here's hoping September doesn't let down.

So, we're on the home stretch for August, how'd things go for the rest of you? 

Edited by Zeo

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

August was pretty crazy because it was the 6-month anniversary of the app, so I wouldn't expect a huge amount of content for next month.

Spoiler

Maybe we'll get schoolgirl heroes for "Back to School"? :^)

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

In june/july the game was not so forgiving , I wasted more than 120 orbs and did not get Sonya.
So this month I collected orbs until 80 and tried to get Tana or Amelia, the game gave me Tana, I also tried the Hero Fest Banner and got Ike.
So two 2 *5's. Which is ok for 80 orbs.
I try not to be greedy anymore and spare my orb til next month. I would need 2 Amelia to boost my Sheena (Slayer Axe+ and March General 3).

It could be just Imagination, but my luck was worse if I spend 20 orbs regulary. I had better luck spending 80-100 orbs in a row until I got a 5* unit and go on.

The daily Special maps will give 10 orbs altogether I think. At least the japanese twitter account says this. =o   

Edited by Stroud

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm really greedy. I know that because I feel like a dunce looking at the 0 on my orb count and being irritated that the Tempest Banner gave me a +SPD/-DEF Marth instead of Gray or Celica. One last pull tomorrow and I'm officially out of orbs for the month. (Probably won't even try on the SS banner, Daily Orbs will give me 14 + whatever the daily special maps give. Maybe that will be a full pull. Might try).

All in all though the month's been good to me. I've been given an Ike, Marth, Ninian and S!Corrin on top of the Anna and Sophia that I've promoted. Nevermind the free Clive. Yet It's bitter in some ways too. Marth could have been a Celica or Gray (the unit I wanted the most), S!Corrin ended up +DEF/-ATK, her second worst possible nature and Innes popping up was a punch in the face to my Raven Sophia that I just finished building.

7 *5's in one month is pretty amazing, but it all feels just a bit bittersweet. To top that off I'm completely dry on orbs, something I haven't truly been in a long time. I've exhausted all the Lunatic CC's and pretty much everything else. Now watch September dump CYL right at the beginning of the month. Or worse, a Lyn banner pops up next. I'll stay optimistic, but my feelings this month are mixed. Happy, frustrated, surprised, exasperated.

It's been a month of ups and downs.

Ups include finally getting an Ike and a non +Atk Hinoka. I just also passed 100k in my second account for Tempest Trials and now have 100k feathers stashed. The free summons were a very good QoL thing to have as well. Gettin a +Def Lukas was also a joy.

Downsides include being very low on orbs for my main and still not having Gray/Celica, while the Ike was -Atk (although +Spd is making up for it). Not sure if I should do 1 last push for TT banner just to get at least some 5 star even if its not Gray, because it feels like a 4.50% pity rate will go to waste. Currently at 10 orbs now, and the new missions will add 10 more but not sure if i should hold out on the CYL.

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I got Celica, end of story.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Crazy month with tons of ridiculously good pull.

I rate it Independence/10

Funny enough i do jackshit during the actual independence day lul

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

I managed to quickly get my goals of pulling Genny, Ninian, and s!Corrin, and got a 5* Catria along the way. Because I got all that with a while left on the Hero Fest banner, I sunk another ~100 orbs into it pulling red in hopes of getting Ike, but didn't get any 5*s from that. Did get a Hinata to use as fury fodder for Xander, though. And I'm happy enough with what I did get, since I wasn't sure I'd get all three of the most important ones at all, let alone fast enough to be able to start accumulating orbs for next month.

I've also upgraded Palla and Michalis to finally form a proper flier team, which has been a lot of fun, and upgraded Frederick to further enlarge my cavalry army. Between all that and Clive, that's 8 new 5*s this month, and it'll be 10 if I can get enough feathers to upgrade both Ursula and Valter.

All in all, very solid month. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Worst month by far I've had since launch. July was the best because it gave me Sonya, Saber and Delthea, I also got Mae and Boey.

August and its SS banner can be burnt in the seven hells! I just broke my 4% rate by getting another Sheena +Spd -Hp. At least I can give her more levels for Ignis.

Thumbs up, though, for getting Jaffar and Odin to give Olwen Blárblade and LnD3. But all in all it has been a shitty month to me.

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Thanks to the surprise Ike I got from my latest pull, I've now pulled nine 5*s in August so far. Aside from Ike, the highlights include succeeding in getting all of the Nohrian Summer units, a really good Tana (+Atk/-Res) and a better Ninian (+Spd/-Res compared to neutral). Add my promotions of F!Robin and Cherche as well as Clive while subtracting the Raven and second Summer!Leo I pulled and I'll be ending August ten 5*s richer at the very least.

So yeah, I've been enjoying this month quite a bit.

Edited by Tybrosion

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Probably one of the more depressing months for me, in all honesty.

All these free orbs plus a 75 orb pack and my 5* total for the month is 2 -spd +res S Corrins, -spd +res S Leo, Roderick that ruined my pity rate, and a Catria. The Catria's +atk -res so pretty good, but I already had a 5* Catria and don't even use her.

The -spd Corrins really bummed me out a lot since I really wanted her for a flier team, but then I not only do I get a terrible one but when I try to get better one and it's the exact same awful nature. I'm not too hopeful on getting a 3rd before the banner's gone. The -spd Leo when I was forced to pull a reds was just a cherry on top. Thanks to prioritizing Corrin I also didn't even get to really try for Elise who I also would really like, nor Tana, Amelia, Delthea, or anything else this month. I didn't use a single orb on Hero Fest either, despite wanting Ninian too. (and all my first free pulls this month were 3* junk as well)

Not optimistic on CYL for September after this. My luck really feels in the dumps..