Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Probably one of the more depressing months for me, in all honesty.

All these free orbs plus a 75 orb pack and my 5* total for the month is 2 -spd +res S Corrins, -spd +res S Leo, Roderick that ruined my pity rate, and a Catria. The Catria's +atk -res so pretty good, but I already had a 5* Catria and don't even use her.

The -spd Corrins really bummed me out a lot since I really wanted her for a flier team, but then I not only do I get a terrible one but when I try to get better one and it's the exact same awful nature. I'm not too hopeful on getting a 3rd before the banner's gone. The -spd Leo when I was forced to pull a reds was just a cherry on top. Thanks to prioritizing Corrin I also didn't even get to really try for Elise who I also would really like, nor Tana, Amelia, Delthea, or anything else this month. I didn't use a single orb on Hero Fest either, despite wanting Ninian too. (and all my first free pulls this month were 3* junk as well)

Not optimistic on CYL for September after this. My luck really feels in the dumps..

Surely, bad karma has to even out...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Surely, bad karma has to even out...

Heroes is just starting to reflect my IRL stats now. If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all.

My only 5* pulls this month were Grey with a bad nature (don't remember which), Clive from Tempest, and a Seth from a free roll. I promoted my +spd -hp Nino and my Camus to 5*, both of which greatly helped with Tempest, and now, I'm working on a Hana and an Olivia with good natures. I also have Valter on standby if I ever wanna promote him, just as I have Ursula and the Askrian crew on standby.

6 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Either Legion, Valter, Raven (To give brave axe to either Legion or Titania), Lilina, Nino (To either keep or to give gronnblade to Celicia), Palla, or Tharja.

Valter will be a bonus unit in the arena soon, and possibly next month's TT as well. So he could be a good choice if you think you might be able to get good use out of him there.

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Either Legion, Valter, Raven (To give brave axe to either Legion or Titania), Lilina, Nino (To either keep or to give gronnblade to Celicia), Palla, or Tharja.

I currently own Legion and Palla as 5*s. I don't use him often, but Legion is a pretty good glass cannon. He's currently a bonus unit so that's a bonus. Atk+/Spd- Brave Palla is fun on a flier emblem if you ever get access to a Brave sword. At some point, I plan on 5*ing a good Nino, my Lilina, and Valter. And like Othin said, Valter will be the next bonus unit sooo...

On a completely different note, Hinoka and Spring Cami are my first two to hit 3000 HM.

Because I hit 140k feathers, I decided to upgrade two characters. Actually, I think I was mostly frustrated with the Arena and wanted an excuse to do something else. So I upgraded another Nino and M. Robin. I don't use either of them as much anymore, but since Arena Assault's been around, I've kind of NEEDED to use them. And they haven't been performing how I want them too. Their natures weren't awful (both were +HP -DEF), but they could be better. So M. Robin is now +2 with +SPD -HP, and Nino is now +1 with +SPD -DEF.

I also replaced Nino's LaD with Fury to see if I like it better. Either way, 44 SPD is insane. I love it.

I just noticed that Valter has different attack animations than the lance Pegasus Knights and even sword ones who do the same quick stab and downward slash attacks as the lance Pegasus Knights. Valter does a slower thrust and an uppercut sort of similar to the wyvern riders' follow-up attack animation. I'm guessing that future lance wyvern riders and maybe even sword wyvern riders might share Valter's attack animations unless they're special for whatever reason like a seasonal sword wyvern rider. And I don't remember how the axe Pegasus Knights attack...

Edited by Kaden

I'm actually really enjoying Sophia. She laughs at arrows, snuffs out Green Mages even without the tomebreaker, does an ok job at swordslaying and if she has Dragon Fang proc'd she can kill some red tomes as well.

Feeling extra lazy though. Tobin, Clive, Marth, Anna and S!Corrin are all untrained and I have no interest in building any of them right now because I don't have the fodder to finish any of their sets.

I need just like... a million Hinatas.

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I just noticed that Valter has different attack animations than the lance Pegasus Knights and even sword ones who do the same quick stab and downward slash attacks as the lance Pegasus Knights. Valter does a slower thrust and an uppercut sort of similar to the wyvern riders' follow-up attack animation. I'm guessing that future lance wyvern riders and maybe even sword wyvern riders might share Valter's attack animations unless they're special for whatever reason like a seasonal sword wyvern rider. And I don't remember how the axe Pegasus Knights attack...

Valter is a special case because he's a Wyvern Knight. Those have different looking mounts than every other class we think of as a "wyvern", because in the Japanese games, the other ones are all referred to as "dragons" while only Wyvern Knights are called "wyverns". So it's supposed to be a completely different type of mount.

Edit: Wait, that doesn't actually have any relevance to this.

Edited by Othin

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Edit: Wait, that doesn't actually have any relevance to this.

Did the Tempest Trials and Valter's GHB turn your brain to mush? Mine sure has. :p

Stupid Infernal Valter.

Something I always thought about, Grand Hero Battles would, from the term, implies great battles against "grand" heroes. Heroes of Fire Emblem who hold great power. Marth, Seliph, Roy, basically any main "Lord" character or characters with Legendary weaponry,

Instead, GHB are mostly against certain enemy characters. Navarre and Robin are probably the closest to "Grand Hero" characters so far, with Xander and Camus coming closer but also being enemy characters under the right circumstances. Everyone else are just enemy characters... At this point, it'd probably be better to call them "Greater Foe Battles" if we're not going to get any "heroes" for Grand Hero Battles.

Edited by Xenomata

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Something I always thought about, Grand Hero Battles would, from the term, implies great battles against "grand" heroes. Heroes of Fire Emblem who hold great power. Marth, Seliph, Roy, basically any main "Lord" character or characters with Legendary weaponry,

Instead, GHB are mostly against certain enemy characters. Navarre and Robin are probably the closest to "Grand Hero" characters so far, with Xander and Camus coming closer but also being enemy characters under the right circumstances. Everyone else are just enemy characters... At this point, it'd probably be better to call them "Greater Foe Battles" if we're not going to get any "heroes" for Grand Hero Battles.

In FE Heroes, all the characters are "Heroes", even if they're not "heroes".

The Grand Hero Battles are called that because they're high-level, high-profile variants of the regular Hero Battles.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

In FE Heroes, all the characters are "Heroes", even if they're not "heroes".

The Grand Hero Battles are called that because they're high-level, high-profile variants of the regular Hero Battles.

It just doesn't seem right though. Half the "heroes" from GHB couldn't be more clear villains if their tap-quotes spelled out their plans for world-domination, and I'm pretty sure some of their quotes do that already.

It also doesn't seem right to have "Grand Hero Battles" without any of the "grandest" heroes from across 20-something years, even if "grand" doesn't mean that kind of "grand" in this context.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, Silent shifter said:

Will IS ever update the regular Hero Battles?

Your guess is as good as anyone else's.

That said, the regular Hero Battle characters are picked from the 3-4* characters in the regular summoning pool. There haven't been more of those added since launch, and the ones that already exist are already in the hands of people who've been playing a long time. So unless that changes, I don't think it would make sense to add more Hero Battles like the original ones. But it could be cool to get a new set of Hero Battles to run alongside those with like higher-level battles and featuring 2-3* versions of some of the characters at 4-5*. That might be a bit much to hope for though.

21 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I have 24k feathers and I don't know who to use them on. I've narrowed it down to Valter, Lilian, Nino, Shareena, Tharja, Legion, or to just save them.

Do like I did and Henry.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

So there was a small update, anyone know what that one was for?

I was just wondering that.  I don't see anything new.  Was there a bug or something that got fixed?