Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

+Spd -HP might be better since Camilla can act as a Mage Counter with her Resistance, which isn't quite as great with -Res.

Savage Blow does have it's uses, such as if you were to run a unit with Clarisse's Bow or Smoke Dagger. Then again, the only time I see Savage Blow is if it's on a unit who has it by default...

Actually, putting it on Clarisse sounds pretty good. I need more Bow users.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, Birdy said:

There was one, but it's old. Not sure if you're better off making a new one or asking a mod (@eclipse?) if it's okay to revive it.

Link: 

Last post was august 25th and threads are considered "dead" after like, a month so it's fine heh

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Last post was august 25th and threads are considered "dead" after like, a month so it's fine heh

Thanks!

Ah, my bad! For some reason, the last post that showed up for me was from July 7th. Might have been a search function mistake? 

Anyway, cheers :)

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

To be fair, I've not done as many as I would have liked... I keep prompting 3*'s to 4 for skills >.<

I don't mind if they're overshadowed by my 5*'s. I'm doing it more for the conversations :D Though I've recently realised my promoted 5* Gaius, who has been a pretty benchwarmer up until this point, might be good for taking down brave Lyn with a bowbreaker, since he has no other use, I can use him as one of the ones I need (I need six for arena assault. I currently have Robin and Jeorge, both with bowbreakers. First match, I always use the same team since they're my best for taking down an unknown team).

Wondering who else can take one hit from Brave Lyn and then kill her on the double with bowbreaker...

Ditto. I've got about...20-25 waiting for more feathers so i can do that. I'm horrible completionist scum.

Are "stance" skills going to become a thing? Brave Ike has Steady Stance 1&2 which basically act as enemy phase Blow skills. So far, it's the only one of it's kind but it makes me think they'll do something with them. I think it would make sense to have an Atk Stance, Spd Stance, and Res Stance eventually later on. I'm guessing the same with the "smoke" skills.

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Are "stance" skills going to become a thing? Brave Ike has Steady Stance 1&2 which basically act as enemy phase Blow skills. So far, it's the only one of it's kind but it makes me think they'll do something with them. I think it would make sense to have an Atk Stance, Spd Stance, and Res Stance eventually later on. I'm guessing the same with the "smoke" skills.

Seems like it. I'm guessing some character will eventually have Steady Stance 3, as well, rather than Steady Breath.

An interesting little detail about the Stance skills is that we've long already had the "Def/Res Stance 1" effect on the Binding Blade and Naga. So it's plausible that we'll also get the rest of the dual-stat versions of the Stance skills over time, just like the Blow skills, their player phase counterparts.

I wonder if we'll start getting skill counterparts to other simple legendary weapons. Tyrfing, Regal Blade, and Cymbeline all seem like they could also easily function as the level 2 effects of full skill series, like most other early legendary weapons. Tyrfing's effect isn't really one people have ever shown interest in, but the others could be neat.

After doing Arena and Assault, I'm concerned about the massive power creep CYL Lyn and Ike present.  Their weapons have the equivalent of two separate Gold Tier Skills, when the precedent had been a single Silver Tier skill on Legendary weapons.  On top of that, they have exclusive B skills and extra BST for no apparent reason.  We didn't really need Garchomp in the Meta.

And the Boat Map on Arena can go die in a Robin induced fire.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

After doing Arena and Assault, I'm concerned about the massive power creep CYL Lyn and Ike present.  Their weapons have the equivalent of two separate Gold Tier Skills, when the precedent had been a single Silver Tier skill on Legendary weapons.  On top of that, they have exclusive B skills and extra BST for no apparent reason.  We didn't really need Garchomp in the Meta.

And the Boat Map on Arena can go die in a Robin induced fire.

I've found it pretty frustrating having to face several CYL Lyns throughout an Arena Assault run and only being able to field one of my own.

Ironically, my most recent attempt at deathless Arena Assault failed when I actually was fielding my own CYL Lyn, on the final map. Calculated that Ursula's buffs would give her exactly enough Atk to one-shot the enemy Lyn on a defense tile with Blarblade, danced her into position, and... oh, right, that's the other thing she does. And by then it was too late to get Ninian out of the way.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I've found it pretty frustrating having to face several CYL Lyns throughout an Arena Assault run and only being able to field one of my own.

Ironically, my most recent attempt at deathless Arena Assault failed when I actually was fielding my own CYL Lyn, on the final map. Calculated that Ursula's buffs would give her exactly enough Atk to one-shot the enemy Lyn on a defense tile with Blarblade, danced her into position, and... oh, right, that's the other thing she does. And by then it was too late to get Ninian out of the way.

Ike, I can sort of kite and work around for the most part, at least.  Lyn, I just don't have any counters.  There's a couple checks, but with Reinhardt, I can field Titania, Julia, or Sonya and take him off the field on counter attack, and with a 3 ranged unit with 2 attack range, that's the best way to deal with them, because you don't always have the luxury of positioning when you're out-movemented.  Lyn, you can try to bait her with a high Def unit, then kill with one or two units of your own, but she doesn't have a good "delete" button, like pretty much every other unit.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ike, I can sort of kite and work around for the most part, at least.  Lyn, I just don't have any counters.  There's a couple checks, but with Reinhardt, I can field Titania, Julia, or Sonya and take him off the field on counter attack, and with a 3 ranged unit with 2 attack range, that's the best way to deal with them, because you don't always have the luxury of positioning when you're out-movemented.  Lyn, you can try to bait her with a high Def unit, then kill with one or two units of your own, but she doesn't have a good "delete" button, like pretty much every other unit.

Note that her bow only works on tomes, so dragons kill her pretty easily. (Passable res and low hp isn't a good combination to tank things.)

Mind, Lyn's basically the same as 90% of all units for my typical arena team, given that they're all made of paper. So I don't care too much.

Edited by DehNutCase

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, Ike is a lot more manageable, despite how powerful his abilities are. He's like a more mobile Hector: attacking him when he's at high HP is dangerous, but it's not too hard to get him to attack a melee red and take enough damage that you can deal with him easily enough on your own turn. But Lyn is a monster.

I may have to make Henry one of my next upgrades. Or put Bowbreaker on m!Robin. Or give them both Bowbreaker. I have a few Setsunas, but I think I'm out of TA fodder.

8 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Note that her bow only works on tomes, so dragons kill her pretty easily. (Passable res and low hp isn't a good combination to tank things.)

Mind, Lyn's basically the same as 90% of all units for my typical arena team, given that they're all made of paper. So I don't care too much.

My two 5* Dragons are Baby Tiki and Fae.  I would have to 5* a unit to give them Lightning Breath, and my Tiki's -Atk, and she would barely put a dent in Lyn.  Fae's Atk isn't much better and her 22 Def is going to get her killed if she tries to tank Lyn.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Ike is a lot more manageable, despite how powerful his abilities are. He's like a more mobile Hector: attacking him when he's at high HP is dangerous, but it's not too hard to get him to attack a melee red and take enough damage that you can deal with him easily enough on your own turn. But Lyn is a monster.

I may have to make Henry one of my next upgrades. Or put Bowbreaker on m!Robin. Or give them both Bowbreaker. I have a few Setsunas, but I think I'm out of TA fodder.

I just gave my Soren Gronnraven and Bowbreaker, I've got a 4* Robin that could sorta pass for a Lyn check, but I might need to 5* him, too.

My Soren needs more SP.

When life gives you lemons...

xkQTEir.png

A few months back I would have never even considered casually dropping 20k feathers for a weapon on a unit I don't even intend to use all that often.  The feather dumps we've been getting combined with the slow trickle of the daily quests has been most appreciated. 

40 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

On top of that, they have exclusive B skills and extra BST for no apparent reason.

I'd say being top male and female in a popularity contest is a pretty good reason for being pretty powerful.

But I don't have too much problem with Ike, unless they give him DC and makes my mages cry. Lyn is more of a problem, even more of one when Reinhardt is there too.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would have to 5* a unit to give them Lightning Breath, and my Tiki's -Atk, and she would barely put a dent in Lyn.  Fae's Atk isn't much better and her 22 Def is going to get her killed if she tries to tank Lyn.

You mean, like A!Tiki or Nowi, both of whom has the stat spread to obliterate Lyn? -_- (Why 5* a unit for fodder when said 'fodder' does exactly what you needed them to do?)

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You mean, like A!Tiki or Nowi, both of whom has the stat spread to obliterate Lyn? -_- (Why 5* a unit for fodder when said 'fodder' does exactly what you needed them to do?)

Personal prefrance?

there is a reason I had a 5* Nino but still 5*'d another to give Soren Gronnblade+

17 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Hark! A thing from twitter!

Something about flyers and retweeting. 

Yet again I lament my lack of progress with the Japanese language. 

From what I'm seeing on Reddit, it seems that one of those 4 fliers is going to be available as a 4* reward based on the amount of retweets the flier gets - it's a voting competition using retweets.

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Personal prefrance?

there is a reason I had a 5* Nino but still 5*'d another to give Soren Gronnblade+

Pretty much.  I might try using Big Tiki, but I'd rather not spend 20K feathers on Nowi.