• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

This is the same world where most life-threatening injuries and "tis but a flesh wound" can be healed off with a heal staff that costs like 500 gold from the general store. Better yet, this is also the world where a recently deadified person can basically be told "no" and be brought back to life. EVEN BETTER, this is the world where a magical gear can basically say "what are you talking about that didn't happen. See, didn't even take my turn yet!". Different continent, world, and probably even time period, but I'm sure the point stands.

Honestly missing eyes seem like they should be Healer training course 2. Then again I can't say I'm a certified expert in the logistics and uses of healing magic (as much as I envision myself being a class that uses Staves if I were to be thrown into a FE game), so let's just say that we shouldn't throw a magic lazer eye into the eye socket of the person who looks like he'd use it on a day he's bored.

One generalized way of interpreting healing magic in video games- FE has never specified how it works- is that it greatly accelerates the natural healing process. In which case, a missing eye or limb is explicable. If you have no surviving eye cells, you can't rebuilt your eye, likewise Largo's lost right arm can't be restored because he lost too many arm and hand cells- there is no "structure" of it left. A "flesh wound" is different because one still has many surviving cells and the general structure of bone, muscle, ligaments, tendons, nerves, arteries, veins and capillaries intact.

As for healing magic being cheap and readily available- its cheap for the player, but presumably not so cheap or available in the greater world context. Likewise, scars could probably be created if one failed to receive healing magic soon enough. Scar tissue perhaps doesn't lend itself well to the standard healing magic process (though stronger forms could address it).

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

This is also the world you can marry your underaged sister.

So West Virginia? Sounds like Nohr to me.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One generalized way of interpreting healing magic in video games- FE has never specified how it works- is that it greatly accelerates the natural healing process. In which case, a missing eye or limb is explicable. If you have no surviving eye cells, you can't rebuilt your eye, likewise Largo's lost right arm can't be restored because he lost too many arm and hand cells- there is no "structure" of it left. A "flesh wound" is different because one still has many surviving cells and the general structure of bone, muscle, ligaments, tendons, nerves, arteries, veins and capillaries intact.

As for healing magic being cheap and readily available- its cheap for the player, but presumably not so cheap or available in the greater world context. Likewise, scars could probably be created if one failed to receive healing magic soon enough. Scar tissue perhaps doesn't lend itself well to the standard healing magic process (though stronger forms could address it).

In that case it might still be possible to restore the missing body part if the heal-ee still has the missing part intact. So long as the cells can regenerate and reattach the body part, there shouldn't be any immediate problems. That does mean it's impossible to restore Niles eye or Largo's arm because why would you keep something like your missing arm that's gross, but if medical attention is sought fast enough there should still be a good chance to restore use to the persons injury.

I always envisioned the Gold in games to be equal to Yen in a way, where 500 is equal to about 5 US dollars. Fire Emblem gold could probably be something like every 10 gold is equal to 1 US dollar, which a 500 gold Healing staff equals to 50 dollars.  Enemy soldiers can be found with anywhere from 1k to 10k gold. Not generals or enemies of great importance, just regular soldiers. This is assuming they directly drop gold, where if they drop a Bullion, well those things sell for quite a bit anyways. While gold probably isn't as accessible to the common villager compared to an army led by the prince/princess, especially considering the scenarios the world is usually suffering, it still seems possible for something like a hospital to be able to afford at least a few Heal staffs, and if we were to price healing at something like 50 gold, the common villager should be able to at least afford a single use of a healing staff. That is, assuming that the local princess doesn't happen upon you and just use a healing staff right there and then.

...though this is, again, all VERY strongly based on numerous assumptions.

Edited by Xenomata

13 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I always envisioned the Gold in games to be equal to Yen in a way, where 500 is equal to about 5 US dollars. Fire Emblem gold could probably be something like every 10 gold is equal to 1 US dollar, which a 500 gold Healing staff equals to 50 dollars.  Enemy soldiers can be found with anywhere from 1k to 10k gold. Not generals or enemies of great importance, just regular soldiers. This is assuming they directly drop gold, where if they drop a Bullion, well those things sell for quite a bit anyways. While gold probably isn't as accessible to the common villager compared to an army led by the prince/princess, especially considering the scenarios the world is usually suffering, it still seems possible for something like a hospital to be able to afford at least a few Heal staffs, and if we were to price healing at something like 50 gold, the common villager should be able to at least afford a single use of a healing staff. That is, assuming that the local princess doesn't happen upon you and just use a healing staff right there and then.

...though this is, again, all VERY strongly based on numerous assumptions.

We unfortunately don't know that much about Fire Emblem economics. Gold giving villages often say "we're giving you all we could collect", so presumably their making a great collective sacrifice- but don't know the number of villagers per village, nor the village's total economic output, or the average income of an individual.

And perhaps someone with a better understanding of economic/numismatic history could tell me- but gold being the day-to-day currency seems to be a totally fantasy-based thing. In reality, wasn't gold too scarce for day to day transactions? Silver and copper I'm more familiar with as being common currencies.

12 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

So what are the odds of running into the exact same person in the arena twice in a row? Because I just fought the exact same person with the exact same Reinhardt, Olivia, Kagero, and Delthea twice. 

What's your score range? Higher-scoring teams (730+) have comparatively fewer players than the 680 range, which is a hodgepodge of four units thrown together to optimized Horse Emblem hell. In fact, before arena score rebalancing it was not unheard of to face the same person 7 times in a row if your team had a high enough score.

That is pretty lucky though.

I have like 40 something orbs right now and each time I launch the app I want to spend them even though there aren't units that I want that much on the current banners. How people even make it to around 100 orbs is beyond me. 

Edited by tobuShogi

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

What's your score range? Higher-scoring teams (730+) have comparatively fewer players than the 680 range, which is a hodgepodge of four units thrown together to optimized Horse Emblem hell. In fact, before arena score rebalancing it was not unheard of to face the same person 7 times in a row if your team had a high enough score.

That is pretty lucky though.

Huh interesting I am just bairly in the 680-700 range right now. I'm still mostly getting stuck in that Horse Emblem hell (without a decent Brave Lyn counter yet. ;-;). Nice to have my suspicions that the arena has always been full of nonsense. Guess I'll be keeping my eye out for more repeat people from now on. 

20 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I have like 40 something orbs right now and each time I launch the app I want to spend them even though there aren't units that I want that much on the current banners. How people even make it to around 100 orbs is beyond me. 

Being content with what I have.

That's honestly it.

Jau2xA9.png

9 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I've never held more than 50 orbs. I might have reached 30 when Voting Gauntlet had the 20 orbs reward but thats about it. I always spend all orbs on new unit banners. I'm really proud of myself for not spending these 13 orbs for the next banner.

My 9 orbs keep staring at me, tempting me to spend them on my 3.25% rate for Brave Heroes. But my will to do a full summon at the start of the next banner is stronger.

I think the only time I really managed to save orbs was in the week or so leading up to the second Hero Fest banner; I wanted pretty much everyone on there, so I muscled through. Only ended up getting Julia, but since she was the one I wanted most, was pulled on the last day of the banner, was +Atk, AND came with a second Julia in the same summon (who was -Atk, so thank goodness for the other one), I'd say the wait was worth it. At any other time though, I spend them as soon as I hit 20, or even 9/13/17 depending on how desperate I am for a specific character.

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My 9 orbs keep staring at me, tempting me to spend them on my 3.25% rate for Brave Heroes. But my will to do a full summon at the start of the next banner is stronger.

I think the only time I really managed to save orbs was in the week or so leading up to the second Hero Fest banner; I wanted pretty much everyone on there, so I muscled through. Only ended up getting Julia, but since she was the one I wanted most, was pulled on the last day of the banner, was +Atk, AND came with a second Julia in the same summon (who was -Atk, so thank goodness for the other one), I'd say the wait was worth it. At any other time though, I spend them as soon as I hit 20, or even 9/13/17 depending on how desperate I am for a specific character.

Whoops I lied. I let my friend do a 5 orb summon lol. I have 8.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Whoops I lied. I let my friend do a 5 orb summon lol. I have 8.

I feel betrayed. I pulled on CYL out of disappointment, and got a 3-star Est and a 3-star Cecilia. I'm blaming you for these results.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I feel betrayed. I pulled on CYL out of disappointment, and got a 3-star Est and a 3-star Cecilia. I'm blaming you for these results.

But what about escape route and... Uh... I'm sorry...

Edit: My friend pulled a 4* Soren, which is my fourth of him. Stop sending me him, game.

Edited by KongDude

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's honestly it.

Jau2xA9.png

+1

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

I've never held more than 50 orbs. I might have reached 30 when Voting Gauntlet had the 20 orbs reward but thats about it. I always spend all orbs on new unit banners. I'm really proud of myself for not spending these 13 orbs for the next banner.

Most I've had is 80. I had 80 at the very beginning of the game and I saved 80 for the Alm's Army banner because I wanted Gray and Delthea. 80 orbs and nothing but garbage. Grinded out 20 orbs and on my 100th orb I got Delthea who has been a mainstay in my army to this day, no regrets.

I'm at 45 right now. The units in the trailer we see today/tomorrow will dictate the fate of these orbs because I still only have Brave Lyn.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

That's honestly it.

Jau2xA9.png

Fair enough. There are some units that I want to build so that's always tempting me to spend my orbs. 

50 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Basically the same here. I usually pull once I hit 20 orbs so having anything more than 20 orbs is already surprising myself. The fact that my box is close to full kinda adds another layer of deterrence.

13 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Edit: My friend pulled a 4* Soren, which is my fourth of him. Stop sending me him, game.

My browser straight up crashed after I sent that, too. I think that one was just fate telling me that I made a bad call, though.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I find myself getting the robo checks when I post a gigaton of material, pics probably constitute a large amount of data being upload.

It was weird because even after I removed the pictures, it still wouldn't let me post it. I had to exit out of the tab and completely start over again. Oh well. I got it to work. I'll leave the topic-starting to the professionals next time. XD 

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

I pulled 3 Sorens so far, and they're all -Res for some reason. (Which is a pity, since tanking Reinhardt would be basically the only reason I'd use him.)

58 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I pulled 3 Sorens so far, and they're all -Res for some reason. (Which is a pity, since tanking Reinhardt would be basically the only reason I'd use him.)

My first two were Res+/Def-, the third was Def+/Hp-, and I haven't checked the new one.

55 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My -res Soren could tank Rein just fine before I put LaD3 on him. 

57 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My -res Soren could tank Rein just fine before I put LaD3 on him.