• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And Emperor Arvis as the map theme, obviously. Versus Arvis would be Arvis’ boss theme, as it is supposed to.

Watch as they use Final Holy War as Arvis map theme for no god damn reason

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Watch as they use Final Holy War as Arvis map theme for no god damn reason

They did use Hector Mode’s early map theme for the Hector and friends tempest battle at the Dragons Gate…

But still, a mancat can dream.

And then, Dark Emperor Hardin for (duh) Hardin’s GHB. Would be awesome.

45 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Not shipping Julia with Roy

BRUH

DansGame

44 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

They want to touch each other but then they remembered that this is a kid's game

kappa

bDX58xl.jpg

Well if you take it later...

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

noooo brave lucina has aether

this stupid skill and its stupid 500 sp cost i swear. Chrom aside it's on 5* exclusive units so getting sp for it and the rest of their kit. At least I have S. Robin for once I'm done getting her to level 40

side note i hope the upcoming banners include 4* units with the valor skills. It's a little silly that 3 of them were seasonal and the other (Gray) is 5* exclusive.

M1xnmdw.png?1

.........What part of this is okay, game?

Though after getting to end of this Chain Challenge, I guess this ludicrous inflation is just there to REALLY deter you from bothering with him since his HP is down to a more reasonable by comparison 67 in 13-5. Can't wait for Burger King here to have 100 HP in 13 + 14 Lunatic though.

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

M1xnmdw.png?1

.........What part of this is okay, game?

Though after getting to end of this Chain Challenge, I guess this ludicrous inflation is just there to REALLY deter you from bothering with him since his HP is down to a more reasonable by comparison 67 in 13-5. Can't wait for Burger King here to have 100 HP in 13 + 14 Lunatic though.

Well, since you can damage him anyway, it doesn't really matter right?

100 HP would be insane though...

Question for those of you who play the Japanese version of Heroes, what are BH Lyn's map select quotes?

Other than "Eh" or however that's spelt, her other two lines makes me curious about what she's saying since I wonder how close they are to her English map quotes of "Yes", "The enemy!", and "Stay close." Speaking of which, "The enemy!" is absolutely hilarious to me. It's like she just woke up or something and she sounds so urgent in declaring that.

One of them is something like "Teki wa doko" and the other is something like "Soba ni..." something. I can't make out what she's saying after that, but I know that one of Sakura's lines is "Soba ni imasu" which means something like "I'm with you."

Uh... here's a video where BH Lyn gets used a lot and you can her map select quotes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_V1vIluu0.

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Well, since you can damage him anyway, it doesn't really matter right?

100 HP would be insane though...

Yeah, I know he's got Embla's Ward here but still. The fact that he's almost at triple digit HP just took me aback quite a bit.

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I kinda want to build Ogma, but he would cost 40k for me lol

Although my "Red that is useful for AA" pool is the biggest of all color(Xander, Ike, BRoy, Tobin, Eliwood, Vanilla Roy, Masked Lucina kind of) so i kinda wondered on how to approach it

Same for me, but he already has LnD2 and Moonbow, he's +SPD/-RES and his spread with a Wo Dao+ / LnD3 is so ridiculously good that I can't pass it up when there's an Athena with a bad nature sitting in my barracks at *4 and I already have one at *5. I'm half way there now. He still needs LnD3 but the feather income has tripled if not more so another 40k will come around and I'll just finish him up then.

That being said, Ike, Athena, Xander and M!Marth serve as my primary swords. Tobin, Cain, Eliwood serve as the secondaries and Ogma/Marth are incomplete but Ogma is about to be much more active.

Also considering supporting Ogma with B!Caeda. Marth feels like the obvious choice but he's inactive and Ogma and Caeda are acquainted after all. They lack synergy though... Ogma is better served with a unit like Delthea who can just buff him to absurd amounts....

Edited by Zeo

40 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Question for those of you who play the Japanese version of Heroes, what are BH Lyn's map select quotes?

Other than "Eh" or however that's spelt, her other two lines makes me curious about what she's saying since I wonder how close they are to her English map quotes of "Yes", "The enemy!", and "Stay close." Speaking of which, "The enemy!" is absolutely hilarious to me. It's like she just woke up or something and she sounds so urgent in declaring that.

One of them is something like "Teki wa doko" and the other is something like "Soba ni..." something. I can't make out what she's saying after that, but I know that one of Sakura's lines is "Soba ni imasu" which means something like "I'm with you."

Uh... here's a video where BH Lyn gets used a lot and you can her map select quotes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq_V1vIluu0.

Rough translations/my interpretations of her quotes

Map select quotes:

敵はどこ -> teki wa doko -> Where's the enemy? 

ええ -> ee(strict romanization) -> Yes/Got it 

そばにいてね -> soba ni ite ne -> I'm with you/I'll be at your side

Attacking quotes:

ええっ!-> *yelling*

そこよ! -> soko yo!  -> Over there!

Battle quotes:

覚悟しなさい! -> kakugo shinasai! -> Prepare yourself!

当たって! -> atatte! -> Strike!

サカの弓よ! -> saka no yumi yo! -> Bow of Sacae!

外さないわ! -> hazusanai wa! -> I won't miss!

Some of these sound cringe worthy now that I see it in English

Edited by tobuShogi

39 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Selecting her in the Herodex also plays her map select quotes.

「ええ。」: (ee.) "'Kay."

「傍にいてね。」: (soba ni ite ne.) "Stay at my side, 'kay?" or "Stay close, 'kay?"

「敵はどこ?」: (teki wa doko?) "Where's the enemy?"

2 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

そばにいてね -> soba ni ite ne -> I'm with you/I'll be at your side

いて here is the "soft imperative" form, short for いてください.

Edited by Ice Dragon

22 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

そこよ! -> soko yo!  -> Over there!

Implies "I have you where I want you". Since she's shooting with a bow, "over there" is where they are.

EDIT: I suppose そこ is always where they are since Japanese has three location descriptors, ここ ("here", near the speaker), そこ ("there", near the listener), and あそこ ("there", far from both the speaker and listener), similarly to Spanish (aquí, allí, allá) and other languages. Since the opponent is the listener, the opponent is always located そこ.

当たって! -> atatte! -> Strike!

当たる is to "hit your mark", e.g. to land a bulls eye or to win a grand prize. 当たって is the "soft" imperative, directed at the arrow, i.e. "please hit my target".

サカの弓よ! -> saka no yumi yo! -> Bow of Sacae!

Similar to Eldigan's "By Mystletainn!". "This is the Bow of Sacae, now go fuck off."

Edited by Ice Dragon

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Implies "I have you where I want you". Since she's shooting with a bow, "over there" is where they are.

当たる is to "hit your mark", e.g. to land a bulls eye or to win a grand prize. 当たって is the "soft" imperative, directed at the arrow, i.e. "please hit my target".

Thanks for the pointers. I hear soft imperative usages here and there but I've never formally studied it.  

Edited by tobuShogi

8 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Thanks for the pointers. I hear soft imperative usages here and there but I've never formally studied it.  

Basically, due to the fact that Japanese lets you omit anything that's implied, you can imply that your sentence is a request by ending it using the -te form of a verb (because there is no "full" sentence construction that ends a sentence in the -te form, so it's unambiguous). Due to the fact that the word you have omitted is ください, doing so also decreases the formality of the sentence (since you just got rid of the word that makes the sentence formal in the first place).

So you have something like (using 待つ (matsu), to stop, i.e. "hold on a sec", as an example):

1. 待ってください (matte kudasai): formal request "please stop".
  2. 待って (matte): informal request "please stop".
  3. 待ちなさい (machinasai): formal true imperative "stop".
  4. 待て (mate): informal true imperative "stop".

True imperatives are not often used because they are considered strong and abrupt, so it's almost always the "soft imperative" that gets used in colloquial speech.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

I let my friend pull and he gets 5* Atk+/HP- Non-brave Roy. Thanks friend. I had a 4* Spd+/Res- I was planning to upgrade, but should I merge, use instead, or inherit for TA3? Nowi really wants it since I've never gotten it on her.

Both +atk and +spd are good for Roy, so it depends on whether you value the extra speed more or the extra attack. (Personally, I'd go with +spd since TA already gives Roy enough of a boost in his attack.)

As for whether to merge or to give your Nowi TA, do you want a slightly stronger Roy or Nowi running around with TA? Up to you.

Hm

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Both +atk and +spd are good for Roy, so it depends on whether you value the extra speed more or the extra attack. (Personally, I'd go with +spd since TA already gives Roy enough of a boost in his attack.)

As for whether to merge or to give your Nowi TA, do you want a slightly stronger Roy or Nowi running around with TA? Up to you.

I use my Nowi a lot so it looks like he'll just be fodder. Thanks.