Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So I just thought, why didn't they add soemone else for 13-3 and the banner? Oscar's all alone there, I think Zihark would've been a good addition. The map layout is amazing.

Rate at 3.75 and got a bunch of merge/skill fodder and got a +Res -Hp Sophia, promoted Henry and other units and her set will be Rauđrraven+, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, R Tomebreaker 3 and Spur Spd 3. Just need an extra assist skill, extra feathers and she'll be at top level.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

FUCK YOU CHAIN CHALLENGE 11+12 I FINALLY BEAT YOU

My "master strategy" involved shoving a bunch of spur, support, hones, and fortify boosts up Camus' ass so he could survive both Delthea and the red pegasus knight (or deter it from attacking him) in that one sluice level. I had to take goad cavalry off Reinhardt and give him fortify defense for it to work.

BUT I DID IT FUCK YOU MAP

Anyone have any tips for 13 - 5 lunatic?  I keep trying to beat it with all 4 units alive but keep getting KOed.  Brave Ike is a real pain and the cause of most of my issues with this map.

24 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Anyone have any tips for 13 - 5 lunatic?  I keep trying to beat it with all 4 units alive but keep getting KOed.  Brave Ike is a real pain and the cause of most of my issues with this map.

I did it with Horse Emblem + Dancer.

Reinhardt can kill BK and get Danced/Repositioned to safety, my Blade Leo with T-Adept could kill Ike with the buffs and Cecilia with Blade + T-Adept can take out Bruno. Then the rest is easy.

If you are talking about the quest, I used Brave Ike instead of the Dancer and just had to be more careful before commiting to an attack because of manouvering. 
I also completed this part on the Ch13 CC with just the 3 horses left alive after I made a mistake with Azura on 13-4 and got her killed. 

31 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I did it with Horse Emblem + Dancer.

Reinhardt can kill BK and get Danced/Repositioned to safety, my Blade Leo with T-Adept could kill Ike with the buffs and Cecilia with Blade + T-Adept can take out Bruno. Then the rest is easy.

If you are talking about the quest, I used Brave Ike instead of the Dancer and just had to be more careful before commiting to an attack because of manouvering. 
I also completed this part on the Ch13 CC with just the 3 horses left alive after I made a mistake with Azura on 13-4 and got her killed. 

Thanks but I don't have Leo so I guess I will have to try some other strategies.

You can probably do it with another red mage. I think I only used him to kill Ike and then to help with positioning.

On another topic, I've been thinking some stuff about the story of the game. In Askr, we have the 3 units we start the game with, one with each weapon color. In Embala, we've seen Veronica, an infantry green tome user, and Bruno/Zacharias, a cavalry blue tome user. I think we'll still see another Embala unit with a red tome and it would be cool if it had a diferent move type than the other two. Flying or armored red mage. I don't know who could it be, but it would be cool.

8 minutes ago, Rinco said:

You can probably do it with another red mage. I think I only used him to kill Ike and then to help with positioning.

On another topic, I've been thinking some stuff about the story of the game. In Askr, we have the 3 units we start the game with, one with each weapon color. In Embala, we've seen Veronica, an infantry green tome user, and Bruno/Zacharias, a cavalry blue tome user. I think we'll still see another Embala unit with a red tome and it would be cool if it had a diferent move type than the other two. Flying or armored red mage. I don't know who could it be, but it would be cool.

Maybe the dark god is a red dragon?

About Arvis. The Armored Mage thing applies only to Emperor Arvis. Yes, Emperor Arvis is the boss Arvis and only Arvis you get to fight complete with that iconic battle theme. But he does have his "Let me show you how brokenly badass I am first chapter into the game! Oh, I need an excuse for showing up? Ummmm.... I need to go give Sigurd this shiny sword so he break Verdane in two." Sage appearance in Gen 1.

Gen 1 Sage Arvis is better looking (obviously) than his middle age 2nd Gen Emperor self, and while Arvis is a character whose value lay in more than looks, being handsome is a boon in a game as superficial as a gacha. I acknowledge that Wrys, Jagen, and Gunter exist though.

I'd also think a Genealogy Banner would focus on a particular Generation instead of blending them, and given we don't have Siggy yet, Gen 1 would be more likely methinks. And if Arvis were to count specifically as a GHB of Gen 1, it'd make more sense to go with his younger appearance (and Ishtar still exists for a Gen 2 GHB).

Of course, they could blend the two Arvises. Give him his youthful appearance, but put him in his imperial garb; to be fair Azmure kicks the bucket within a year of Behalla- Arvis was still youthful when he first took the throne.

That gets me thinking- who would we have as a Thracia GHB? The one big name is already in Heroes breaking battles in half. Galzus? The forgettable Raydrik? Twisting things to sneak in Travant/Arion?

Or, Saias! But as much as I'd love having Saias in, I wonder what they'd do about his weapon. He never comes within 1000 kilometers of Valflame, and his joining weapon is plain old Lightning. And who ever heard of a Staff user as a GHB foe? A chance to sneak in another Wrathful Staff user? Maybe he can be Mr. Warp? Give him some crazy good buff skills? Ya know, it'd only be true to Thracia if the map did have buff/debuff/status/anything not-direct damage and stats insanity.

I decided to compare Elincia to Palla as both our only viable sword fliers. I will be comparing the neutral stats of their five star versions and seeing who is better overall.

Palla: 42/31/31/28/26

Elincia: 35/34/36/24/27

Afterthoughts: It seems like Palla is more well rounded while Elincia is more offensive based. Elincia edges out Palla due to her great personal weapon, Amiti, which is just a better brace sword with less of a speed penalty.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Of course, they could blend the two Arvises. Give him his youthful appearance, but put him in his imperial garb; to be fair Azmure kicks the bucket within a year of Behalla- Arvis was still youthful when he first took the throne.

That would be ideal scenario. They've kind of...done that before with Eliwood and Bartre in FEH. FEH's FE7 Eliwood acts more like his FE6 self and he knows Roy already and FEH's FE6 Bartre's personality is more like his younger self. I could see FEH Arvis being a blend of both with him acknowledging what he did during Gen 1 of Genealogy and seeking to atone for his sins while having his younger appearance and imperial garb or making him into a handsome middle-aged man.

Thracia GHB? They could always bring Travant or even...attempt to push Ishtar as a Thracia 776 GHB. 

12 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I decided to compare Elincia to Palla as both our only viable sword fliers. I will be comparing the neutral stats of their five star versions and seeing who is better overall.

Palla: 42/31/31/28/26

Elincia: 35/34/36/24/27

Afterthoughts: It seems like Palla is more well rounded while Elincia is more offensive based. Elincia edges out Palla due to her great personal weapon, Amiti, which is just a better brace sword with less of a speed penalty.

I bet our next flying sword (who if we're lucky will be in the FE4 banner?) will be the inverse of Caeda: slow, good attack, good defense, bad res. Or maybe red subaki.

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

About Arvis. The Armored Mage thing applies only to Emperor Arvis. Yes, Emperor Arvis is the boss Arvis and only Arvis you get to fight complete with that iconic battle theme. But he does have his "Let me show you how brokenly badass I am first chapter into the game! Oh, I need an excuse for showing up? Ummmm.... I need to go give Sigurd this shiny sword so he break Verdane in two." Sage appearance in Gen 1.

Gen 1 Sage Arvis is better looking (obviously) than his middle age 2nd Gen Emperor self, and while Arvis is a character whose value lay in more than looks, being handsome is a boon in a game as superficial as a gacha. I acknowledge that Wrys, Jagen, and Gunter exist though.

I'd also think a Genealogy Banner would focus on a particular Generation instead of blending them, and given we don't have Siggy yet, Gen 1 would be more likely methinks. And if Arvis were to count specifically as a GHB of Gen 1, it'd make more sense to go with his younger appearance (and Ishtar still exists for a Gen 2 GHB).

That gets me thinking- who would we have as a Thracia GHB? The one big name is already in Heroes breaking battles in half. Galzus? The forgettable Raydrik? Twisting things to sneak in Travant/Arion?

Or, Saias! But as much as I'd love having Saias in, I wonder what they'd do about his weapon. He never comes within 1000 kilometers of Valflame, and his joining weapon is plain old Lightning. And who ever heard of a Staff user as a GHB foe? A chance to sneak in another Wrathful Staff user? Maybe he can be Mr. Warp? Give him some crazy good buff skills? Ya know, it'd only be true to Thracia if the map did have buff/debuff/status/anything not-direct damage and stats insanity.

Lucius can only use staves promoted, but looks to have his monk clothes.  They could have young Arvis and let him wear his armor.  Hector also only gets his armor when promoted, but its hard to tell if his art is his starting outfit or promoted.

3 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Kind of sad how we've been left with few new 4-5* units. At least my prayers of 4* Lance Breaker was answered...

Don't jinx it.  Oscar might get LB3 at 5* or not even get the drop to 4*.  They've been stingy with 4* drops lately.  We've only got one new 4* in the last 3 Banners.

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Don't jinx it.  Oscar might get LB3 at 5* or not even get the drop to 4*.  They've been stingy with 4* drops lately.  We've only got one new 4* in the last 3 Banners.

They wouldn't drop Elincia and Wrath Nephenee. Oscar has the least appealing set (besides LB3) so I'm pretty sure he'll drop.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

They wouldn't drop Elincia and Wrath Nephenee. Oscar has the least appealing set (besides LB3) so I'm pretty sure he'll drop.

Mathilda got the drop to 4*, when she had Cancel Affinity, which was arguably the best new skill from her Banner.

Not counting skills, Nephenee seems like the sort of unit that would have been 3-4*, if she had been released at launch.  Donnel and Oboro both are similarish and she's sort of in that vein.

3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

The key is that everyone except Bruno has 2 move or less, so it's trival to kite and pick them off one at a time. If you have B!Lyn then she can kill everyone on the map nearly effortlessly, so you just need dancers and reposition units to support her.

Edit: If you don't have B!Lyn then you'll want a blue for the express purpose to killing BK and just some generic ranged units to kill everyone else.

Edited by DehNutCase

57 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Mathilda got the drop to 4*, when she had Cancel Affinity, which was arguably the best new skill from her Banner.

Not counting skills, Nephenee seems like the sort of unit that would have been 3-4*, if she had been released at launch.  Donnel and Oboro both are similarish and she's sort of in that vein.

Yeah but that's different considering she introduced a good skill. And CA3 is still locked to 5*. I'd doubt they'd have double spur skill drop to 5*.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Almost there, the letter is ð. But thanks for bothering, not many do!

Lawl, my mobile keyboard doesn't have it 8<

Also, this CC was terribly easy. I didn't even need a dancer. Lyn, Rein, Cecilia and Xander did everything. Assists/10. Hardest map to me was 13-4 actually but once lured, the enemies were easy to snipe. On 13-5 Rein deletes BK, gets drawn back, the rest group together for buffs while Cecilia tanks Bruno. Cecilia finishes off bruno, Lyn goes in front of Ike and snipes Elincia, Rein draws her back and Xander blocks him. Then, Axebreaker Cecilia and Lyn finish him off while Rein quads Oscar.

I have 0 orbs yay

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Gen 1 Sage Arvis is better looking (obviously) than his middle age 2nd Gen Emperor self, and while Arvis is a character whose value lay in more than looks, being handsome is a boon in a game as superficial as a gacha.

Reptor, Langobalt, and Lorenz are living proof that you can still look amazing as an old geezer.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'd consider Drive Atk and Sword Valor better than CA since CA is really only useful on archers that want to counter TA raven units, while the other 2 have widely applicable uses. It's also noteworthy that all the other Valor skills were on seasonal units, so it seems like the devs want to keep those skills rare.

But they really should drop more units to lower rarities. The number of 4-5 stars is only 5 units away from overtaking the number of 3-4 units and the 5* exclusives are only missing 11 units to do the same thing. By the time the 1 year anniversary of the game arrives, there could easily be more 5* heroes than there are 3-4* heroes in the summoning pool. And if they continue this trend of keeping the majority of banner units as 5* exclusives, it's only a matter of time before the 5* exclusive pool becomes the category with the highest proportion of summonable units. 

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I'd consider Drive Atk and Sword Valor better than CA since CA is really only useful on archers that want to counter TA raven units, while the other 2 have widely applicable uses. It's also noteworthy that all the other Valor skills were on seasonal units, so it seems like the devs want to keep those skills rare.

But they really should drop more units to lower rarities. The number of 4-5 stars is only 5 units away from overtaking the number of 3-4 units and the 5* exclusives are only missing 11 units to do the same thing. By the time the 1 year anniversary of the game arrives, there could easily be more 5* heroes than there are 3-4* heroes in the summoning pool. And if they continue this trend of keeping the majority of banner units as 5* exclusives, it's only a matter of time before the 5* exclusive pool becomes the category with the highest proportion of summonable units. 

As a pure non-battle skill, I don't think Valor is why Gray got into 5*. ARguably its the wind boost (Fire Boost is also 5* only. Waterboost is technically available on a 4* but its a GHB and only gets the last one on 5*s), since the worst boost (earth) is the only one ona  4* unit. At the very least I just can't see them valuing "thing that kind of helps with grinding for one specific weapon type" that much, you know?

I mean, the Experience skills were also introduced on a seasonal unit (Chrom), then was on a 5* exclusive unit (Faye) but now they seem fine with making them 4* (Mae, Athena)

The funny and sad thing is that people don't even call him Narcian. He's literally just "Lancebreaker". When Oscar becomes *4 he'll still be Oscar. Narcian has no identity though, he's just Lancebreaker 3 fodder. Poor guy.... is what I would say if I didn't hate him.

Also, calling the Tempest bonus units. Ike, Soren, Oscar, Titania. Greil Mercs 1.4x Bonus units with Neph, Elincia, BK and Sharena/Alfonse as the 1.2x units.

@Rezzy Neph's default kit is too delicious for her to be a *3-4 unit. Had she been released at launch she would have been far more watered down with something like a Killer Lance+ with Luna and something like Drag Back as the B-skill. As far as unit importance and exclusivity goes, she's a unit that should be *3-4, but by gameplay standards she's premium and will likely remain *5, even though units like Seliph should be *5 exclusive, but his kit is meh and his spread is bad so he can drop to *4 and it not really matter.

Edited by Zeo