Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Among female characters from Akaneia, Linde placed 6th (11th overall in Akaneia), and every female character above her is also a 5-star exclusive or a 4-to-5-star pull. Of the male characters that placed above her, only Wrys is a 3-to-4-star pull, but he clearly doesn't count due to his memelord status.

In fact, the only other characters that out-performed a 5-star exclusive launch character character that cannot be pulled as 5-star units are Corrin (F), Felicia, and Niles. Of them, Felicia and Niles notably placed worse than the 5-star-exclusive Fates characters in the Famitsu poll from 2 years ago (though Oboro is the stand-out in that poll relative to Heroes rarity).

As I mentioned before, Corrin and Robin are the only oddballs in terms of rarity when compared to popularity. Why is up to speculation (maybe they wanted to have the avatar characters more accessible), but there's really no good argument as to why Nephenee would have had more than just a sliver of a chance of being a 3-to-4-star pull if she were implemented at launch.

You also have cases like Nino as 3-4*, when she was way more popular than Raven and Hawkeye, who were 4-5*.  It seems like there are very few outright unpopular characters, and if Tellius had been a launch group and we got the 7 Tellius units we have now at launch, they would have had to make at least some of them 3-4*s.

Right now, we have Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist, Elincia, Oscar, and Nephenee.  Ike and Elincia seem like they would be 5*s exclusives still.  If you look at the FE6 and FE7 launch units FE6 had zero 5* exclusives and three 4-5*s, FE7 had two 5* exclusives and two 4-5*s.  So we could probably expect one or two units max to be 4-5* under that system, maybe even none.  Nephenee very well good have been a 4-5* there, but it wouldn't be a sure thing, in my opinion, since we have the aforementioned outliers.

13 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Discussion of what I assume was datamined information:

Hide contents

Wait, Black Knight actually has Wings of Mercy?

I was JOKING about his warp powder, I didn't think they'd do it. Geez, why not give him Embla Ward as well for his other plot contrivance - the impenetrable armor.

Anyway, if these stats and skills are accurate this is an extremely powerful free unit. I was hoping his stat spread would be more like a Red Sheena with a bit more speed as opposed to Red Amelia. Black Knight in his games actually did have a very high Res stat. Though from what I remember, no magic attacks could ever hurt him anyway, it was an odd detail they left in.

Did the datamine confirm the bonus units for the next TT? I'm quite curious.

Spoiler

A Skill: Goddess Blessed Armor.  If unit has >50%HP, only Ragnell or Laguz Nobles can deal damage to unit.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

26 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Discussion of what I assume was datamined information:

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, Black Knight actually has Wings of Mercy?

I was JOKING about his warp powder, I didn't think they'd do it. Geez, why not give him Embla Ward as well for his other plot contrivance - the impenetrable armor.

Anyway, if these stats and skills are accurate this is an extremely powerful free unit. I was hoping his stat spread would be more like a Red Sheena with a bit more speed as opposed to Red Amelia. Black Knight in his games actually did have a very high Res stat. Though from what I remember, no magic attacks could ever hurt him anyway, it was an odd detail they left in.

Did the datamine confirm the bonus units for the next TT? I'm quite curious.

Black Knight has Wings of Mercy both times he appears in Chapter 13, so it's more than likely that he will have it in his kit. I kinda thought that they'd give him Renewal since he had it in Path of Radiance, but I guess not.

As for the bonus characters (datamined stuff below):

Spoiler

The opening dialogue to the next Tempest, aside from Masked!Marth's usual appearance, involves Ike, Mist, Titania and Soren. I'd guess that it'll be those four as the x1.4 units while Black Knight, who's likely to be both the boss of the Tempest and the reward character as he's the one on the banner graphic for this Tempest and the final map is based off of the Path of Radiance chapter that this Tempest is named after, will likely be one of the x1.2 units.

Edit: Scratch the likely to be the boss part. "Marth" outright says he is in the opening dialogue.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Anacybele, oh hey, that Lilina looks nice. You could probably give her Death Blow 3 as well to give her even more attack. With Rauthblade+ and Death Blow 3, she'd have 59 total attack when she initiates. The only issue is that she'd only have 53 attack when she's being attacked, but that's still pretty good.

Yeah, but I've never had Death Blow 3 fodder, sadly, only 2. And that'd just make her attack one point higher, so it's not worth it at the moment imo. Plus, I have two other people that need Death Blow 3 also. lol (Freddy and Reinhardt)

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Nice nature.  I used my -Atk 5* Tharja to give my Leo Rawrblade+.  If you have it, Quick Riposte is a great skill on her.  She can tank green mages pretty easily and kill them on counter attack.  It's the build I have on my Julia.  R Tomebreaker would be better against Celica, but I'm not sure how often you see her in Arena.

I'll have to think about that stuff. And I don't exactly have great counters to red mages. My blue units pretty much all have piss poor res except Azura who needs to dance more than attack. Green mages and blue mages aren't as much of a problem because Frederick, Nino, CYL Ike, or several of my reds can nuke them if I need. lol But everyone gets more wrecked by red mages, generally, if I can't kill them before they have the chance to attack.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Black Knight has Wings of Mercy both times he appears in Chapter 13, so it's more than likely that he will have it in his kit. I kinda thought that they'd give him Renewal since he had it in Path of Radiance, but I guess not.

As for the bonus characters (datamined stuff below):

Hide contents

The opening dialogue to the next Tempest, aside from Masked!Marth's usual appearance, involves Ike, Mist, Titania and Soren. I'd guess that it'll be those four as the x1.4 units while Black Knight, who's likely to be both the boss of the Tempest and the reward character as he's the one on the banner graphic for this Tempest and the final map is based off of the Path of Radiance chapter that this Tempest is named after, will likely be one of the x1.2 units.

Spoiler

Well, the opening script has included 1.2x bonus units in one previous TT. In TT#3, the dialogue was Alm, Celica, and Sonya. With Alm being a 1.2x unit. I think either of the Ikes are a safe bet anyway for 1.4x. I have both of them so I should be good on being able to hit max score.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:
  Hide contents

Well, the opening script has included 1.2x bonus units in one previous TT. In TT#3, the dialogue was Alm, Celica, and Sonya. With Alm being a 1.2x unit. I think either of the Ikes are a safe bet anyway for 1.4x. I have both of them so I should be good on being able to hit max score.

Spoiler

My guess is Ike, Soren, Titania, Mist as 1.4 units and Elincia, Nephenee, Oscar, and the Burger King as 1.2.

31 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Ok according to the Black Knight Stats my Tana is luckily still able to ORKO him with Fire Sweep Lance, unless he runs Wary Fighter ¬.¬

Wary Fighter on him would be a waste of his 34 Spd.

1 minute ago, Natsume said:

hey guys, quick riposte and vantage only work on units with distant/close counter and such counter weapons?

Quick Riposte and Vantage works on anybody, but they will be limited to either melee or ranged countering, depending on their weapon type.

1 minute ago, Natsume said:

hey guys, quick riposte and vantage only work on units with distant/close counter and such counter weapons?

Those are pretty common, but I still see some vantage users who only attack up close or at a distance time to time. 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Quick Riposte and Vantage works on anybody, but they will be limited to either melee or ranged countering, depending on their weapon type.

I am currently trying to beat Robin Infernal in 1 turn, my problem is at the end of turn 1, only Robin is remaining, and she is attacking my +10 brave Roy, but Roy doesn't counter either with Quick Riposte at 90% hp, or with Vantage at 50%, I spent 7 stamina bottles now, I don't know what is the wrong.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

A Skill: Goddess Blessed Armor.  If unit has >50%HP, only Ragnell or Laguz Nobles can deal damage to unit.

You forgot "plus all Dragon Laguz and collapsing castles". And this gets me thinking- how and why did Daein rig the castle to collapse? .......I think I just discovered a new colon tug in PoR's plot!

The Warpaholic BK getting WoM and Miss Elincia "Mercy" Ridell Crimea getting Death Blow.... DeNA follows no rules when it comes to what inspiration it uses from the base games. They can contradict most flagrantly, or they can keep in the spirit most truthfully.

3 minutes ago, Natsume said:

I am currently trying to beat Robin Infernal in 1 turn, my problem is at the end of turn 1, only Robin is remaining, and she is attacking my +10 brave Roy, but Roy doesn't counter either with Quick Riposte at 90% hp, or with Vantage at 50%, I spent 7 stamina bottles now, I don't know what is the wrong.

Brave Roy is a melee unit, so he would not be able to counter at range.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forgot "plus all Dragon Laguz and collapsing castles". And this gets me thinking- how and why did Daein rig the castle to collapse? .......I think I just discovered a new colon tug in PoR's plot!

The Warpaholic BK getting WoM and Miss Elincia "Mercy" Ridell Crimea getting Death Blow.... DeNA follows no rules when it comes to what inspiration it uses from the base games. They can contradict most flagrantly, or they can keep in the spirit most truthfully.

The Black Knight is a Load Bearing Boss.

Edited by Rezzy

1 minute ago, tobuShogi said:

For you big spenders of this game, a little souvenir from my trip to the American Museum of Natural History

Beautiful, so beautiful. I really need to plan another trip to DC. And the best part is most of the museums are free.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Beautiful, so beautiful. I really need to plan another trip to DC. And the best part is most of the museums are free.

I'm planning a trip with my father to go DC to meet my aunt this October/November. The museum are added bonus; Any recommendations?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know. It's majestic. We almost didn't get to see it because it was close to closing time by the time we got to this part of the museum. A friend of mine gets like a season pass to this place as part of his benefits so he got us in for free. This one's in NYC by the way. 

19 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I know. It's majestic. We almost didn't get to see it because it was close to closing time by the time we got to this part of the museum. A friend of mine gets like a season pass to this place as part of his benefits so he got us in for free. This one's in NYC by the way.

I mixed up the names despite trying to learn not to! National = DC, American = New York. Drill that into your big head!

To stay relevant, about the datamine....

Spoiler

There was hints at an Arvis GHB in it right? Of course a GHB or TT has to come with a Banner nowadays. So, who is getting in?

Sigurd is obvious and counts as Red. I'm hoping Lewyn for a Green, but Lex is fine too. For a Blue- do we need one? I like Quan, but haven't we had too many Lance cavs lately? Deidre can give another Blue or Green, probably Blue since Aura is, and it'd make her distinct from Lewyn (though I'd be fine with her getting a Silence Staff). If we get Quan, Ethlyn should go with him, but I loathe it that she wouldn't be able to heal and sword at the same time due to Heroes limitations- it spays her. If no Ethlyn, then Midir for a Colorless would work, plus he'd give us a non-CYLyn bow mounted option. I like Jamke, but he's no bow horseman. But Dew, as unlikely as he is, could invigorate the Dagger pool at little. I'd want them to stay from Brigid for now, particularly if Lewyn makes it in, because we don't need so many new personal weapons all the time.

So in short, I think my ideal introductory Jugdral Gen 1 Banner would be: Sigurd, Lewyn, Diadora, and Dew.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@GuiltyLove @SatsumaFSoysoy @Arcanite @MrSmokestack

So today we learned that

PPh6usb.png?1THKJmkj.png?1

Innes is a god damn badass

Wqz9zqK.png?1hBAOir3.png?1

Brave Roy is hilariously overpowered why the fuck does that thing even exist

And most importantly

Hide contents

IzCsPbA.png?2

FUCK GRAY

Grani Shield Camus with Swordbreaker makes 12-3 ez especially after Roy cleans out the Archer, while Lance Cav is handled by Julia. Julia proceed to remove Leon in the next map(who is without a doubt the second most annoying fucker since Gray)

Julia x Roy ftw

Innes is actually Lil B

37 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Hey @Tybrosion, I heard you don't like Brave Lyn. So hear this is:

Hope you enjoy!  ?

Glorious!  I have a Raven Sophia who eats CYLyn up, but sadly, I can only use her once per Arena Assault.

On a related note, I have been leading off with my Flier Emblem team, but since CYLyn seems to be on every map, I'll probably have to change that.

I used like 6 Stamina Potions today.  I did managed to get Oscar, Elincia, and Nephenee trained though, so I guess it's worth it.  I feel like I have to do my training on Friday or Saturday, or I'm wasting SP.

30 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Hey @Tybrosion, I heard you don't like Brave Lyn. So hear this is:

Hope you enjoy!  ?

Hm... I wonder how many of my BH!Lyns should have Cancel Affinity.

11 hours ago, Bartozio said:

As GuiltyLove said, flyers are great for 11-3. I only used one (Cherche), but having one flyer with reposition means you can at least reunite your party, which makes the whole thing a lot easier.

I basicly planned to have one team handle everything up to at least 11-3, then have a heavy offence team take over somewhere to clear all the time limit maps, and finally the third team is the clean up crew. If you want to know my teams:

Reveal hidden contents

First team: Ninian, Cherche, Ike, Linde. I was hoping they'd at least make it past 11-3, but they ended up doing better then expected and cleared 11-4 as well, and took down 3 enemies on 11-5

Second team: Olivia, Reinhardt, Klein, Nino. The A-team so to say. They finished 11-5, and made it all the way to 12-5, although I lost Olivia on 12-4. I still managed to kill 3 enemies on 12-5 with them.

Third team: Hector, Lilina, CYL!Lyn, Delthea. The clean up crew (Tobin, Sonya and Mathilda were the only ones left). I basicly just trew toghether some counters for every opponent left and Lyn as an insurance.

It's wasn't easy, but not as bad as I was expecting either. Not sure what to expect of 13&14 though.

I'm definitely going to keep this in mind. I still have the second and third part of Ch. 11&12, but I did manage to beat the first part. I was a dum-dum and forgot about using fliers. But surprisingly, my Brave Roy, Brave Lyn, Titania, and Reinhardt team made it to the final part of Ch. 11. I lost Titania and Lyn on 11-4, but I was able to use Rein and Roy to pick off Bruno and Celica. After that, I had my Cecilia, Celica, Azura, and Ephraim step up to the plate. Now I just have to wait for stamina..... Ugh. I could use stamina potions, but I like to keep at least 50 stocked.