Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

As someone who has spent a LOT of time sniping colorless, I can say it really is hell. For every potentially good SI unit I get, I get like...another dozen units I just don't need. I pulled a LOT of colorless trying to get Lucius, Elise, Klein, Leon, and even spent a few orbs on the CYL banner. After a TON of whaling, I've managed to get a single 4 star Lucius, one -SPD Elise, three total Kleins and 2 Leons. I'd get the occasional, Matthew, Setsuna, Felicia, and Niles...but more often than not when I'm looking for a specific unit, my rating gets spooked by a healer or Jakob. >.> 

This is how I ended up with a 5* Maria+8 and a 5* Lachesis+4...heck even my Priscilla is a +2 I think. I love healers. Most of my favorite characters are healers, and I will undoubtedly pull for Rhys if/when he gets released but colorless hell leaves me with nothing but heartbreak. My barracks are practically always full of Azamas, Saizos, and Jakobs.   

I'm really just going to go down the line here...

Spoiler

Daggers

• Kagero - No explanation needed.
  • Matthew - I'm on a personal quest for a +ATK Matthew so there's special value for me, but otherwise he's Hone Speed 3 and how is ever having a surplus of that bad?
  • Felicia - Glacies is alright, Breath of Life is niche for certain units and she's even build-able if you're into that.
  • Saizo - This one... hurts actually. But Poison Strike has a place on some units like Faye and keeping one or two is alright.
  • Gaius - Garbage. But even then, If you want to build one he's technically 2nd best stat wise.
  • Jakob - Defense+3 and Renewal 2, never pulled one before though.

Archers

• Setsuna - Previously garbage unless you're building one but her value has skyrocketed since CYL Lyn. Bowbreaker is the world in the current meta.
  • Rebecca - Darting Blow 3 fodder.
  • Niles - Iceberg fodder, again, bad why?
  • Gordin - Attack+3 & Brave Bow+ Fodder, essentially a budget-Klein.
  • Klein - Premium pull and only source of DB3 on a *4. The reason to pull colorless essentially. Not a bad unit himself either.
  • Leon - Good unit if you want to build him, otherwise Speed+3.
  • Jeorge - Eh, not much here so fine.
  • Virion - Garbage.

Healers

• Wrys - Best set for healers. Period.
  • Serra - Recover and Hone ATK 2, not the best but not worthless.
  • Lissa - Renewal 2 and Rehabilitate.
  • Maria - Another healer, not a good base kit but her speed is great and if you get a +SPD all the better, she can even reach 40 SPD with a Speed+3 A Skill.
  • Lachesis - I'll give you this one no thanks. I've never pulled her though
  • Lucius - Great character, terrible unit. I'll give you this as well.
  • Clarine - Kind of a stinker too, but she's on a horse and that's valuable if you don't have Elise.
  • Priscilla - The ideal one to pull, I've never pulled one but her set is decent.
  • Sakura - I like her, but meh. Not very great so fine.
  • Azama - Kill it with fire.

For every garbage unit in each pool there is more or less a premium or at the very least useful unit you can pull. It's really no worse then pulling a thousand Laslows sniping red and Oboros sniping blue. The worst thing is having a lackluster healer break your rate at *5 and of course Jakob but for every unit like that there's Faye, Takumi, Klein, Innes, Jaffar, Elise, Genny, *5 Leon/Kagero and now CYL Lyn. The pool really is gold. The worst thing that can happen is that you pull units that are specifically useless for you. Like Azama or bad nature Clarine which plagues me. I'd kill for those Matthews people keep complaining about though, and it would nice to pull at least one Rebecca considering I've literally never pulled her since launch. I also have 0 *5 Healers, so that's also a thing.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm really just going to go down the line here...

Hide contents

Daggers

• Kagero - No explanation needed.
  • Matthew - I'm on a personal quest for a +ATK Matthew so there's special value for me, but otherwise he's Hone Speed 3 and how is ever having a surplus of that bad?
  • Felicia - Glacies is alright, Breath of Life is niche for certain units and she's even build-able if you're into that.
  • Saizo - This one... hurts actually. But Poison Strike has a place on some units like Faye and keeping one or two is alright.
  • Gaius - Garbage. But even then, If you want to build one he's technically 2nd best stat wise.
  • Jakob - Defense+3 and Renewal 2, never pulled one before though.

Archers

• Setsuna - Previously garbage unless you're building one but her value has skyrocketed since CYL Lyn. Bowbreaker is the world in the current meta.
  • Rebecca - Darting Blow 3 fodder.
  • Niles - Iceberg fodder, again, bad why?
  • Gordin - Attack+3 & Brave Bow+ Fodder, essentially a budget-Klein.
  • Klein - Premium pull and only source of DB3 on a *4. The reason to pull colorless essentially. Not a bad unit himself either.
  • Leon - Good unit if you want to build him, otherwise Speed+3.
  • Jeorge - Eh, not much here so fine.
  • Virion - Garbage.

Healers

• Wrys - Best set for healers. Period.
  • Serra - Recover and Hone ATK 2, not the best but not worthless.
  • Lissa - Renewal 2 and Rehabilitate.
  • Maria - Another healer, not a good base kit but her speed is great and if you get a +SPD all the better, she can even reach 40 SPD with a Speed+3 A Skill.
  • Lachesis - I'll give you this one no thanks. I've never pulled her though
  • Lucius - Great character, terrible unit. I'll give you this as well.
  • Clarine - Kind of a stinker too, but she's on a horse and that's valuable if you don't have Elise.
  • Priscilla - The ideal one to pull, I've never pulled one but her set is decent.
  • Sakura - I like her, but meh. Not very great so fine.
  • Azama - Kill it with fire.

For every garbage unit in each pool there is more or less a premium or at the very least useful unit you can pull. It's really no worse then pulling a thousand Laslows sniping red and Oboros sniping blue. The worst thing is having a lackluster healer break your rate at *5 and of course Jakob but for every unit like that there's Faye, Takumi, Klein, Innes, Jaffar, Elise, Genny, *5 Leon/Kagero and now CYL Lyn. The pool really is gold. The worst thing that can happen is that you pull units that are specifically useless for you. Like Azama or bad nature Clarine which plagues me. I'd kill for those Matthews people keep complaining about though, and it would nice to pull at least one Rebecca considering I've literally never pulled her since launch. I also have 0 *5 Healers, so that's also a thing.

My biggest problem with pulling healers is that at 4 stars, they'll only give you the second level of their passives, and their assists/specials are only useful on other healers. At first, I was totally fine giving my characters the second level of a skill, but I've gotten to the point where if I'm going to build a character, I'd much rather sacrifice one character than two. I could get Hone ATK 2 from Serra, or I could get all three levels from Olivia or F. Corrin. I'm willing to be patient and wait to get the full skill so whomever I'm building is useful in the Arena. The +3 skills also become kind of useless when you consider the fact that Fury exists. They're useful for healers or for filler builds, but once again, I'm pretty patient and can wait for better options. When it comes down to it, while there are a few useful skills you can get from colorless units, most of them are outclassed. 

Of those you've listed, Kagero is probably only useful for her dagger. She's a pretty good unit herself...but only on maps with primarily infantry. With the reign of horse/flier emblem, she's not as useful in the Arena. Warding Blow and Daggerbreaker are more situational.  At the very least, she's still a great answer for -blade teams. Matthew's Hone SPD 3 is fabulous, and I promoted my +DEF Matthew to 5 stars recently. He's been a fun addition to my Arena defense team. (But you can also get Hone SPD 3 from Eirika.) Setsuna's Bowbreaker is useful since she's the only one that gives it, I'm glad t pull her. Niles and Felicia have decent specials. Gordin and Leon have good weapons. Rebecca has Darting Blow and Klein has all the stuff. I've even built a Virion that I love to use. 

For me, personally, there are only 3 units in the current colorless pool that I want/need (Lucius, Klein, and Matthew...I also wouldn't mind Takumi, but he's so rare that I never go into a session with colorless expecting to get him). I've either got enough of the others or no need for them since I've already spent a TON of orbs pulling colorless. So pulling for those specific characters feels like hell and a waste of orbs, especially when the other colors have equally or more useful skill options as a whole.  And as much as I love the healers I have, they're not super useful at 5 stars unless you A) love them to bits or B) are building battle healers. Lucius actually uses Wrathful Staff really well. He basically soloed a lot of maps for me during the first Tempest. 

Yeah. There are crap units in every color. But you can make every character for the most part useful. Colorless just kind of got the short end of the stick compared to the others.

@Rafiel's Aria You... had a pretty great counter to just about everything I said. And once you get one of a lot of these units with a good nature you don't usually need another one, especially in the case of healers. I'll have to relent just a bit. Pulling colorless after you've built up a steady supply of units can be lackluster in comparison to colored units (Particularly the level 2 skills on healers). I still wouldn't go so far as to call it hell, but I will admit I tend to avoid colorless when I'm sniping for a specific unit, but I may still pull that green orb even when I'm sniping red/blue, so even I'm guilty of avoiding them from time to time.

Edited by Zeo

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@Rafiel's Aria You... had a pretty great counter to just about everything I said. And once you get one of a lot of these units with a good nature you don't usually need another one, especially in the case of healers. I'll have to relent just a bit. Pulling colorless after you've built up a steady supply of units can be lackluster in comparison to colored units (Particularly the level 2 skills on healers). I still wouldn't go so far as to call it hell, but I will admit I tend to avoid colorless when I'm sniping for a specific unit, but I may still pull that green orb even when I'm sniping red/blue, so even I'm guilty of avoiding them from time to time.

It's cool. (Sorry if I came off as aggressive or anything. That turned into a wall of text REAL quick.) I love colorless units, but it can be a hassle pulling for the rare ones. My pity rate always seems to get much higher when I'm only pulling colorless. I think I got to 6.5% when looking for Leon. >.>  I still pull an orb every now and then hoping for another Lucius or Klein but nope. It's usually Azama. Hopefully the colorless pool gets some revamping soon. 

Just now, Arcanite said:

Wait wait wait wait

Wait wait 

You're now getting your Nino?

She’s been 4★ and Def/Res the whole time, not worth it to promote. A couple of days ago I got a Spd/HP one though.

14 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

She’s been 4★ and Def/Res the whole time, not worth it to promote. A couple of days ago I got a Spd/HP one though.

I see then

Welcome to the true dark side

May the power of the Blade be upon you

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Did Tiki have Fury? The enemies seem to love attacking units with Fury for that sweet guaranteed 6 damage.

Nope, just the Close Defense she came with, so they did less than no damage.

I'm gonna start saving my orbs for something like a Halloween banner or a flier emblem skills banner, as I've gotten a Elincia that is +atk/-def. I did want Nephenne, but I think I'll wait until something like a Slayer weapon banner happens, so I don't have a chance to get Oscar.

With the POR TT coming up, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to give my +Atk/-Spd Elincia Brash Assault given the relative success I had with my speed bane Lyn in TT Mini. Debating if I should train up my +Def/-Res Oscar for TT as well. 

12 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I'm gonna start saving my orbs for something like a Halloween banner or a flier emblem skills banner, as I've gotten a Elincia that is +atk/-def. I did want Nephenne, but I think I'll wait until something like a Slayer weapon banner happens, so I don't have a chance to get Oscar.

I've been wondering ever since I've pulled Elincia but a defense bane sounds troublesome when training her.  

Edited by tobuShogi

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

With the POR TT coming up, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to give my +Atk/-Spd Elincia Brash Assault given the relative success I had with my speed bane Lyn in TT Mini. Debating if I should train up my +Def/-Res Oscar for TT as well. 

I've been wondering ever since I've pulled Elincia but a defense bane sounds troublesome when training her.  

+Atk-Def is probably one of the best possibly natures for her.  You can just slap Fortify Def on your Dancer and/or run a healer if she's having trouble while you train her.

Just finished the Chapter 13 CC.  I'm surprised they did a CC with just Chapter 13 and didn't wait until Chapter 14 came out like they have in the past.

I'm really hoping they don't have a Halloween Banner, but they probably will.  I'm really tired of half of the Banners we get being limited-time Holiday Banners.

3 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Actually, it wasn't much of a hassle at all. Sure killed things before they could even attack. Pair that up with a dancer to help her move and she was killing things left and right. Whenever I get hone fliers, She is gonna be even more amazing (she'll reach 40 spd with hone fliers)

Working on getting my Elincia, trying for that 13-3 orb. Wasted a Light's Blessing on it (used it on final turn, still had only Fae at 5HP left at the end of the enemy phase anyway)...

Yeah, I'm thinking this is going to be a tough orb to get.

41 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Brash Assault? I prefer Desperation or Drag Back. With the TT bonus she shouldn't have too much trouble KO'ing with advantage while moving back to make the Dancer's life easier. Mine is +Spd though.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Just finished the Chapter 13 CC.  I'm surprised they did a CC with just Chapter 13 and didn't wait until Chapter 14 came out like they have in the past.

Maybe they thought having ten maps in a row with inflated HP, turn limits, and defense tiles was a bit ridiculous, so maybe they'll start having one-chapter CC's instead. That's just my guess though.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

So...did another full pull...Takumi decided to protest against Elincia because I pulled him right after her. And another Corrin M (4*). Heroes is really wanting me to make him +10...

You could always give Close Counter to someone.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Already passed it to Boey who's ideal for it. Can't really think of anyone else it would go to.

I've thought about giving mine to Leo, but mine is -Def, so it's just a bit too low to seem worth it.

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've thought about giving mine to Leo, but mine is -Def, so it's just a bit too low to seem worth it.

My Leo was +Atk/-Res. Even then, he still feels too squishy for Close Counter. Maybe F!Robin? But that would be two green mages with it... -~- this requires careful consideration...