Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

You know, as much as I'd like to associate myself more with the characters of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, I was at Gamestop the other day and found a copy of Radiant Dawn used... for $70.

That sucks. I'd like to be able to use some of the units in the games myself to get a better idea of the variety of units we could possibly have in Heroes...

That's actually cheap, relatively speaking. A few years ago it was like...80-100

Don't look up Path of Radiance's prices

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Do you even need Triangle Adept? Earth Boost Boey can handle the Cancel Affinity variant, but Triangle Adept straight up loses to it, especially with buffs + Brave + QP + Moonbow. I mean I'd still put TA on him if I get the chance but the potential for the set to be neutered by a single skill doesn't sit well with me.

F!Robin can handle both of them even if they have Hone Cavalry and Quickened Pulse. Boey still has to pick between Triangle Adept to handle both of them or die to Reinhardt with Quickened Pulse if Boey uses Earth Boost. I think it is worth running Triangle Adept since you can counter two units with just one unit. Cancel Affinity does ruin that, but at least Reinhardt is still covered under Triangle Adept.

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Do you even need Triangle Adept? Earth Boost Boey can handle the Cancel Affinity variant, but Triangle Adept straight up loses to it, especially with buffs + Brave + QP + Moonbow. I mean I'd still put TA on him if I get the chance but the potential for the set to be neutered by a single skill doesn't sit well with me.

Fair enough. I don't know which tier you're in but I can tell you that I personally have not seen CA on enemy BH!Lyn in my matches in tier 18. I do have to say I check enemy sets every other battle so take that with a grain of salt. The most variance I see on her is Brave Bow+ & LnD. Can't remember if I have seen a Firesweep Bow set or not.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Sacred Seals and Sacred Coins share too similar names,

Sacred Coins (聖貨) and Exalt (聖王) and Holy Vestiments (聖衣) and Sacred Cowl (聖兜) and The Sacred Stones (聖魔の光石) also share similar names.

I'm pretty sure only two of them are related in any meaningful way.

20 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

plus I think someone mentioned datamined sprites featuring Sacred Seals with Bronze, Silver, and Gold borders where possible,

Eckesachs's ranged attack animation is in Sacred Stones (no weapon uses it), and Alacalibur (Aircalibur) is a fully functional weapon in Sacred Stones despite not being obtainable (its animation also silences the BGM when cast). Certain weapons are also programmed to deal effective damage against a bunch of unused classes, too. All classes capable of using swords in all three GBA games have magic sword casting critical hit animations despite the fact that all magic swords are set to be unable to perform a critical hit when casting.

The icons are probably there as placeholders to keep consecutive indices so that they don't have to re-index them later if they ever need to use them.

Honestly, using Sacred Coins for upgrading Sacred Seals isn't a great idea from a design perspective. It basically forces the developers to continue to release Sacred Seals at a minimum pace (since you can't obtain duplicates) or else you end up with a stockpile of a resource from some of the hardest content the game has to offer that is completely worthless.

36 minutes ago, r_n said:

That's actually cheap, relatively speaking. A few years ago it was like...80-100

Don't look up Path of Radiance's prices

Unbelievable. No understanding for why those 2 games skyrocketed in price. When I got Radiant Dawn it was $20-40 and PoR was like... $4.99. God bless me.

25 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Unbelievable. No understanding for why those 2 games skyrocketed in price. When I got Radiant Dawn it was $20-40 and PoR was like... $4.99. God bless me.

Did you get them from like a garage sale or something

I personally am grateful for Dolphin though

Horse units are busted. Just made it to tier 19 with my cavalry team and they're not even fully built. Reinhardt doesn't have DB and Roy has Darting Blow 2 and Astra. Only Camus had HP1 Sacred Seal

Interesting thing to note is that I saw less BH!Lyn. I was mainly facing teams in the low 680's with the horse team and my other team was facing teams with BH!Lyn basically every match around teams in the high 680's.

FZmKJU4.jpg

31bXyn3.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did you get them from like a garage sale or something

I personally am grateful for Dolphin though

I got Radiant Dawn a year or so after it came it so it was in the price drop range but not old enough to be rare and cost a bunch. PoR was used at gamestop. Guess someone didn't know any better or it just... wasn't certified gold yet like the mario games. So yeah, I've got some gems as it would appear.

41 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Horse units are busted. Just made it to tier 19 with my cavalry team and they're not even fully built. Reinhardt doesn't have DB and Roy has Darting Blow 2 and Astra. Only Camus had HP1 Sacred Seal

Interesting thing to note is that I saw less BH!Lyn. I was mainly facing teams in the low 680's with the horse team and my other team was facing teams with BH!Lyn basically every match around teams in the high 680's.

Hide contents

FZmKJU4.jpg

31bXyn3.jpg

You need to try the Blading Durandal strats

Its so dirty you'd need to take a batch after every deathless streak, after which you have finally seen the light of Horse Emblem

41 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Huh, just noticed M!Corrin grows a tail in his critcal.

Female Corrin also grows out her tail, it's just less noticable due to her facing more towards the 4th wall than her male self.

1 minute ago, Poimagic said:

Actually, my +atk/-def Elincia was gotten on my first summon on the banner. You guys are really unlucky. 

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds

Edit: I've actually pulled 2 off focus 5*s so that isn't really considered unlucky.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Female Corrin also grows out her tail, it's just less noticable due to her facing more towards the 4th wall than her male self.

So she does...

Edited by KongDude

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Why is it such a struggle to get Elincia? I pulled a 5* M!Corrin who I don't really want to use because Res+/Atk- (the same as my 4* I had). Guh

I know the feeling.

I already got 5* Lucina (neutral), 5* Celica (-Spd) and 5* Priscilla while sniping reds after Elincia (Priscilla appeared when I opened a colorless when there were no red orbs).

13 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I know the feeling.

I already got 5* Lucina (neutral), 5* Celica (-Spd) and 5* Priscilla while sniping reds after Elincia (Priscilla appeared when I opened a colorless when there were no red orbs).

Hopefully, it'll rain orbs when BHB, Tempest, and Special maps comes out.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

First-rate mage with first-rate legs when?

...Katarina?

Also, does anybody know who will be in the BHB Banner with Hawkeye and Ninian? There will likely be a red which if so, guarantees Lyn or Eliwood.

Edited by Zeo

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

...Katarina?

I’m talking the mage with an actually existing skirt. Besides, Katarina is already in the game (albeit not in my castle; please, come home!)

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Where did the Calill love come from all of a sudden? She does look good I admit, and not a bad personality at all. I'd praise her inclusion.

All of a sudden? I’ve always appreciated Calill, even before playing Blueberry Saga. She’s up there tied with Titania for my favourite female character in Tellius, and probably favourite character in Tellius at all.