Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Every time I finally get that image out of my mind someone brings it up again.

You mean this one?

Spoiler

Linde

Because if you do, oh how bad it is indeed. If not? Then I dare to wonder what it is you dread so.

5 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

am i the only one that, looking back, feels like it was the most atrocious generation of fashion?

Isn't that the case with every decade from the 70s or 60s on in America?

9 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

aaah, it all makes sense! Boey's nekky legs are the ultimate fanservice, 1000 coins. also lolis are banned from sacred coin shop or i riot. 

It the shop must cater to all crowds. I don't care if there are lolis if I get stranded on a deserted island since childhood Ryoma (with his hair just as it is).

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

You know you're just begging someone to post that abomination just by merely mentioning it right?

That’s the whole point!

@Interdimensional Observer: nope, it’s not the one. There is worse.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ack, he doesn't want -Def, that kills one of his main jobs: tanking the hell out of physical stuff. xP

And Axebreaker would work, that's what my Freddy runs, if you remember! I edited my post to suggest Bonfire, btw, but with -Def, it wouldn't hit nearly as hard as my Freddy's Bonfire would, unfortunately.

Sadly, that was the best nature I had for him.  Even with a -Def, his Defense sits at 33, which goes to 39 with Fortify Cavalry.  I'll be slapping Bonfire on him when I get the chance (or maybe Ignis, I'm not an expert on which would be better).  I've got like 5 Laslows, so I should be able to get him Axebreaker once he's got enough SP.  Thankfully, I can merge my 3* Fredericks into him to learn skills, otherwise I'd have to wait until Friday to train him.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's the same nature as the 4* Fred I've been holding on to though I can't say that I'm overly interested in building mine up. If anything, I'd probably spend my next piece of Brave Axe+ fodder on Summer!Tiki (+Atk/-Res) for favoritism reasons. Oh, and there's also the fact that this beauty (also +Atk/-Res) is finally finished thanks to a Klein I pulled earlier today. I could also stick WoM 3 on her for defense since I have two spare Cains now.

Hide contents

7tuiicd.png?1

If we ever get an easier source of Hone Fliers, I might start training up some more of my Flying units, but sadly I can only really field one flier team right now.  In contrast, I've got three fully viable Horse Emblem teams, now that I've got Frederick.

Tentatively, I've got CYLyn CYL Roy, Reinhardt, and Frederick as my third Horse Emblem team.  I've got a few more horses that I could switch around there.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s the whole point!

@Interdimensional Observer: nope, it’s not the one. There is worse.

look i could tell without even scrolling up that you guys meant linde

please don't post the linde, just look it up yourself if anyone's that curious

edit: god damn it

Edited by unique

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Sadly, that was the best nature I had for him.  Even with a -Def, his Defense sits at 33, which goes to 39 with Fortify Cavalry.  I'll be slapping Bonfire on him when I get the chance (or maybe Ignis, I'm not an expert on which would be better).  I've got like 5 Laslows, so I should be able to get him Axebreaker once he's got enough SP.  Thankfully, I can merge my 3* Fredericks into him to learn skills, otherwise I'd have to wait until Friday to train him.

Ah, well, maybe in the future a better +Atk Freddy will pop up! Still, you gotta see how he just brushes off physical stuff with +Def as mine has. XD He has 40 def right now at base because Def+1 seal. Fortify Cav makes that 46 and if I switch back to Armored Blow for any reason, his def then becomes 52 when I get AB3.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If we ever get an easier source of Hone Fliers, I might start training up some more of my Flying units, but sadly I can only really field one flier team right now.  In contrast, I've got three fully viable Horse Emblem teams, now that I've got Frederick.

Tentatively, I've got CYLyn CYL Roy, Reinhardt, and Frederick as my third Horse Emblem team.  I've got a few more horses that I could switch around there.

I suppose the main reason I went ahead and built her up was that I had a crummy 5* Raven (-Spd, forget the boon) spook my rates back on Nohrian Summer and though that she'd put that Brave Axe+ to much better use. Cherche is also among my favorites from Awakening so that helped.

@KongDude
...You just had to be that guy, didn't you? Though admittedly that juxtaposition with unique's post was pretty great.

8 minutes ago, KongDude said:

COUGH

Oh, now that is hideous!

On the bright side, looking for the hideous art, I think I found a treasure trove of it in the 25th anniversary artbook- which gave us the Einherjar DLC artworks, l think I found the worse Mist ever in it:

Spoiler

Mist

And Nino is bad too, though not as bad:

Spoiler

Nino

And Lyon is Leona:

Spoiler

Lyon

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

@KongDude
...You just had to be that guy, didn't you? Though admittedly that juxtaposition with unique's post was pretty great.

Even if it wasn't me, someone would've done it so I thought I'd do it first.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, now that is hideous!

On the bright side, looking for the hideous art, I think I found a treasure trove of it in the 25th anniversary artbook- which gave us the Einherjar DLC artworks, l think I found the worse Mist ever in it:

Reveal hidden contents

Mist

Reveal hidden contents

Nino

Mist's is just very unfitting but I think Nino's is kind of cute.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, now that is hideous!

Hide contents

Mist

Reveal hidden contents

Nino

the nino one is bad but please explain what's wrong with that mist

i think she looks really nice

4 minutes ago, unique said:

the nino one is bad but please explain what's wrong with that mist

i think she looks really nice

She’s like thirty.

@phineas81707: was it supposed to be a joke? Because that’s not pikomaro.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh, now that is hideous!

Reveal hidden contents

Mist

Reveal hidden contents

Nino

And Lyon is Leona:

Reveal hidden contents

Lyon

The difference between that art of Mist and her art in Heroes is astounding.

I kinda like Nino's, just because she looks so doofy that I can't really take it seriously anyway.

Lyon's I legit like though, and I now hope he gets similar art for Heroes.

38 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Galeforce Roy with S support from a Goad Cav. Use Cecilia to give ATK ploy seal support

He gets like 34 + 4 from Goad + 2 from support + 6 from darting blow = 46 speed before Hone Cavalry. With proper A slot you can stack Roy's attack to like 72 which allows him to pull off ridiculous shit like ORKOing Brave Lucina and activating Galeforce

I gave the Atk Ploy seal to my Katarina to stack with her Atk Ploy 3 but Roy can manage. My Roy is -Spd/+Def so he's pretty bulky after Fortify Cavalry. I've put Galeforce back on him for the time being.

Edited by tobuShogi

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The face! How is that good?

it's supposed to be a more realistic face

different style from usual but i don't see anything wrong with that, a lot of the art from that set is realistic but i think a lot of it looks really good

the same artist drew clarine  and i think she looked nice too 

yeah it's jarring seeing them in such a different style but i wouldn't call that mist bad by any means

and i certainly prefer it over her heroes art

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

She was drawn by the Heroes Lloyd artist, who thought making her look like a zombie was a good idea.

??? neither of those are by pikomaro

57 minutes ago, unique said:

yeah it's jarring seeing them in such a different style but i wouldn't call that mist bad by any means

It's realistic but the face doesn't match the figure or clothing at all. Her head/face is too big for Mist

The others look alright though.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Lyon's I legit like though, and I now hope he gets similar art for Heroes.

I admit I was being a bit too gut reaction-based with the Nino and Lyon selections. I could've selected better bad choices I think. Lyon's problem was just being a little too girly looking from that angle. I like his soft expression and long hair, but that particular piece didn't do him well.

Speaking of Lloyd and Linus, said artbook was bad to the both of them- were they trying to replicate the FE1-2 aesthetic? Also, WTF is Travant and Adean, and Sirius. Lilina and Ranulf have strange clothing too.

3 minutes ago, unique said:

it's supposed to be a more realistic face

different style from usual but i don't see anything wrong with that, a lot of the art from that set is realistic but i think a lot of it looks really good

and i certainly prefer it over her heroes art

I don't love super chibi, don't get that impression of me. But I don't care one bit for Clarine either. The aesthetic itself isn't bad, but shoehorning FE characters into it just doesn't work for me. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

7 minutes ago, unique said:

Hmm, the Clarine by the same artist is really good. But Mist just looks wrong. She could be as good but she’s not.

Oh, and the Wrys is by HACCAN, the father of Heroes Effie, Hawkeye, Hinoka and now Nephenee!

Edited by Vaximillian