• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Wouldn’t the enemy shoot again and fear again anyway?

You won't have a debuff active during your counterattack.

The opponent will be permanently debuffed due to your counterattack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You won't have a debuff active during your counterattack.

The opponent will be permanently debuffed due to your counterattack.

Ah, yes, I missed that the debuff is applied after the combat ends. That might have done the trick indeed.

I got my new 5 star Hawkeye to level 40 and all. I think his skillset could be better tho.

K7R3hsn.png

Poison Strike 2 came from my previous 4 star lv. 40 Hawkeye which I'd merged into this one for extra SP and several skills that could already be equipped. I'd given it to him a looong time ago when SI was a new thing.

And it's a nice skill, but I'm thinking Hawkeye would like a breaker or QR more. I can give him Axebreaker or Lancebreaker as well as QR. Which one to go with is the tough choice.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And it's a nice skill, but I'm thinking Hawkeye would like a breaker or QR more. I can give him Axebreaker or Lancebreaker as well as QR. Which one to go with is the tough choice.

I think Death Blow doesn’t mesh well with QR, being a player phase skill. Axebreaker might work against Hector or CYL Ike (unless he runs Steady-QR-Ignis, and I don’t see why he wouldn’t), Lancebreaker is also nice.

More knowledgeable people would give better advice than me, obviously.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I think Death Blow doesn’t mesh well with QR, being a player phase skill. Axebreaker might work against Hector or CYL Ike (unless he runs Steady-QR-Ignis, and I don’s why he wouldn’t), Lancebreaker is also nice.

More knowledgeable people would give better advice than me, obviously.

True, yeah. I think I'll go with Axebreaker.

Do you think I should start promoting my bunch of 3 stars free characters? (Like Subaki)... The game's powerlevel is becoming too strong for strategies with 3 stars.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

It... is painful to look at my bank account post-summoning.

The things I do for you, Nintendo and all other related companies...

Spoiler

It helps if you do not remember what your previous balance is. I use a debit card instead of my credit card so I do not know how much I spent on Heroes when I pay the bills. Just remember to set an alert when your balance is low so you can transfer money from your savings account or something. I feel much happier deluding myself into thinking that I spent less than what I actually spent. Since I do not know how much I spent, I can just make up a really low figure in my mind and I will subconsciously believe it.

Actually, on second thought that is a terrible financial advise. As an accountant, I feel guilty for encouraging you to feel happy about spending over your limits.

I will just put it in spoilers in case you really want to know bad advise looks like.

Edited by XRay

I finally got my first 5*+10 unit :

MxTy79N.png

Really glad I did it since I was able for the time to stay in Tier 20 last season and I'm pretty confident in staying as well this week since I scored even higher.

I might Summoner support her just to give her a bit more bulk since she has trouble surviving some +10 Reinhardt, but would be completely safe with just the C support since 3 more HP and 2 more Res is more than enough. 

Edited by LuxSpes

49 minutes ago, XRay said:
  Hide contents

It helps if you do not remember what your previous balance is. I use a debit card instead of my credit card so I do not know how much I spent on Heroes when I pay the bills. Just remember to set an alert when your balance is low so you can transfer money from your savings account or something. I feel much happier deluding myself into thinking that I spent less than what I actually spent. Since I do not know how much I spent, I can just make up a really low figure in my mind and I will subconsciously believe it.

Actually, on second thought that is a terrible financial advise. As an accountant, I feel guilty for encouraging you to feel happy about spending over your limits.

I will just put it in spoilers in case you really want to know bad advise looks like.

Wow, that is terrible financial advise, why would anyone recommend that.

Still, gave me a slight chuckle at the self-realization.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I use the most effective strategy for not having to feel like I spent too much on Heroes. :3

Not spending at all?

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yep!

Agreed.

It helps if you don't have an independent income. And you do, just spend it all on other things. Or quit your job. Poverty is a great way of curtailing excess. And according to some poverty now means you'll get free orbs in the afterlife.

I was looking through my Catalog of Heroes, and I noticed something. Is FE6 the only game that doesn't have a character locked to 5-star? Even FE10 has its sole representative as a 5-star exclusive. I guess technically FE1 doesn't, since Wrys is the only one listed as being from that game, but barring that iffy exception, FE6 seems to be the only one.

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I was looking through my Catalog of Heroes, and I noticed something. Is FE6 the only game that doesn't have a character locked to 5-star? Even FE10 has its sole representative as a 5-star exclusive. I guess technically FE1 doesn't, since Wrys is the only one listed as being from that game, but barring that iffy exception, FE6 seems to be the only one.

We don't talk about FE1...

But yeah FE6 only has characters who CAN be 5* but aren't exclusive to 5* in Roy, Lilina, Fae, and Klein. Thanks god for that though.

Then again Binding Blade has had probably the fewest new heroes since launch, so it probably isn't a coincidence...

Edited by Xenomata

19 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Probably have to wait for Idunn. Or Lugh. This game loves making the good mages *5 locked (except for Nino).

I have so many feathers. I'm not sure if I should upgrade a character and merge it into one of my five stars or upgrade someone else so I have more five star units. I hate Reinhardt, but I do have a four star one and he is one of the best units in the game, I might just upgrade him.

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Probably have to wait for Idunn. Or Lugh. This game loves making the good mages *5 locked (except for Nino).

Nino was, to be fair, not as broken as she was on launch, only really having Gronnblade+ and Draw Back back then. In fact not that many heroes are that good before SI until Elincia decided to rear her head.

I have so many feathers. I'm not sure if I should upgrade a character and merge it into one of my five stars or upgrade someone else so I have more five star units. I hate Reinhardt, but I do have a four star one and he is one of the best units in the game, I might just upgrade him.

Don't give into the temptation! Create Counters! Defeat the Magic Guru before he can you!

Edited by Xenomata

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Except for Pantsless Marth. And maybe some random other stuff, but yeah the game itself is antiquated.

Hopefully Gotoh could come with Starlight though, and the Ballistician duo of Jake and Beck as Bow Armors would be cool too.

2 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

I finally got my first 5*+10 unit :

MxTy79N.png

Really glad I did it since I was able for the time to stay in Tier 20 last season and I'm pretty confident in staying as well this week since I scored even higher.

I might Summoner support her just to give her a bit more bulk since she has trouble surviving some +10 Reinhardt, but would be completely safe with just the C support since 3 more HP and 2 more Res is more than enough. 

So strong! I used one of those in a VG. I had too much power :D

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ah, fuck it, I went on and promoted Tharja too:

IaxCIei.png

>Hone Atk 1

Hope you like her! She was one of the first units to hit 2k HM for me. I SI'd her away to Katarina afterward since she had a better nature

39 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But yeah FE6 only has characters who CAN be 5* but aren't exclusive to 5* in Roy, Lilina, Fae, and Klein. Thanks god for that though.

Then again Binding Blade has had probably the fewest new heroes since launch, so it probably isn't a coincidence...

Considering it's the only game I have all the units from in the Catalog, I should probably be thankful too. Well, except for Thracia, but that's... a different case.

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except for Pantsless Marth. And maybe some random other stuff, but yeah the game itself is antiquated.

Hopefully Gotoh could come with Starlight though, and the Ballistician duo of Jake and Beck as Bow Armors would be cool too.

Twist: Pantsless Marth arrives, but he wields Mercurius, because who else could possibly be fitting to have that weapon? There's certainly no character that used it in Mystery who was a constant and threatening presence throughout the story, and had a more memorable role in both SD and Mystery than half the cast, and would make a perfect pair with Jeorge, who was in the base roster instead for some reason even though he has a smaller role in every game!

I'm saying that Astram should be in, if that's not clear enough.