Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

[...]

@mampfoid FEH is actually much more balanced than the main series lol

[...]

Do you think Awakening would be a good start for someone like me? For someone who just played FEH and thus knows some of the characters only superficially. Perhaps next year I will slow down a little on FEH and could start something new (and hopefully more deep), but i wouldn't like to be forced to buy Nintendo hardware . 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

You want a broken Tellius character, you pick Haar.

8 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Remind me why Ninian is bad for a dancer again?

True, although Jill is almost just as broken. Also, what Vax said.

Because she doesn’t exist for most of her game?

I like how Marcia is strangely absent from this discussion of “broken” Tellius characters

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you think Awakening would be a good start for someone like me? For someone who just played FEH and thus knows some of the characters only superficially. Perhaps next year I will slow down a little on FEH and could start something new (and hopefully more deep), but i wouldn't like to be forced to buy Nintendo hardware . 

Awakening would be a good start indeed. The game is regarded to as relatively easy, and every character can be turned into an unstoppable juggernaught thanks to grinding and reclassing.

Blazing Blade (Fire Emblem without any subtitles) for the GBA isn’t a bad starting point either, but you do have to sit through a ten-chapter-long tutorial filled with handholding called Lyn’s story before you can actually proceed on the first time.

Path of Radiance (or, as I call it, Blueberry Saga Part One) is also called easy. Also it has Ike. People seem to like Ike. Can’t deny he’s fun to play as, especially after he gets Aether.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Because she doesn’t exist for most of her game?

I like how Marcia is strangely absent from this discussion of “broken” Tellius characters

I don't have personal experience with Tellius yet. Then again, I just pointed out the obvious imbalanced one that belongs next to Ryoma, Seth, FE1 Marth and FE3 Palla.

If I did, I'd be calling every pegasus except perhaps Sigrun (her hair is close enough to green, right?) broken. As it is, I caved and have the emulated method of playing FE9, but my computer can't reasonably handle a game that requires that much horsepower.

22 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Remind me why Ninian is bad for a dancer again?

True, although Jill is almost just as broken. Also, what Vax said.

Alvailability + game context

Ninian is only alvailable roughly mid game, Phina for example exists 1/3 on the game, Jugdral Dancer is 2 or 3/5 of them game

FE7 have a shit tons of map where you literally do nothing which means she also does nothing

High enemy amount = the impact of 1 dance is much less

Warp Staff and Rescue Staff is much less alvailable in FE7 so one of Dancer's game breaking partner is weaker = weaker dancer

Even outside this Ninian also have map where she, and her counterpart is literally unusable

Mind in my opinion the worst Dancer is Jugdral Dancer without Lachesis(i find it funny everyone makes such a big deal about Lachesis using every weapon when her biggest worth is as a Staffbot)

@mampfoid IMO

FE6(GBA)

FE7(GBA)

FE12(DS and this have a huge issue on running the game if you did not own a physical DS in my experience)

FE11(see: FE12 since they share the same issue)

FE3(retro)

FE14(Fates) Birthright

are the best starting point. FE13 is.... ok, but theres some stuff about it that i don't quite like as a starting point

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Awakening would be a good start indeed. The game is regarded to as relatively easy, and every character can be turned into an unstoppable juggernaught thanks to grinding and reclassing.

Blazing Blade (Fire Emblem without any subtitles) for the GBA isn’t a bad starting point either, but you do have to sit through a ten-chapter-long tutorial filled with handholding called Lyn’s story before you can actually proceed on the first time.

Path of Radiance (or, as I call it, Blueberry Saga Part One) is also called easy. Also it has Ike. People seem to like Ike. Can’t deny he’s fun to play as, especially after he gets Aether.

Thanks for the suggestions, very appreciated. I don't mind a good challenge, but grinding should be limited. It will depend also on the availability of game and hardware then. 

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I don't have personal experience with Tellius yet. Then again, I just pointed out the obvious imbalanced one that belongs next to Ryoma, Seth, FE1 Marth and FE3 Palla.

Palla is a bit hard to mention since i heard she's also broken as fuck in FE2. Such is the fate of unit being broken in most appearance

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Palla is a bit hard to mention since i heard she's also broken as fuck in FE2. Such is the fate of unit being broken in most appearance

Isn’t this honour Catria’s? Then again, I’m in the middle of a Gaiden playthrough right now, I can look into it myself.

23 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If I did, I'd be calling every pegasus except perhaps Sigrun (her hair is close enough to green, right?) broken.

Marcia has a lot going for her. Availability, growth, low level, and flight in a game with huge maps and terrain.

Low level is normally something you count against when judging a unit, but in FE9 specifically you can stockpile your bonus XP and get her to promotion ASAP so she can trivialize the rest of midgame. Jill is about the same in terms of ***balance*** but she suffers from Spd issues and comes a bit later.

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

P O P E W 1 N D E L

@Vaximillian Palla is faster than Catria until like late-late game in most appearances. Also, weapon rank and level.

Edited by MrSmokestack

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If she was, she definitely got nerfed for SoV. Or I'm playing the game 'wrong'.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Marcia has a lot going for her. Availability, growth, low level, and flight in a game with huge maps and terrain.

The fact there's a flying horse between her legs is all she needs to be a death goddess in my playthough. I just need to not be surprised when it happens.

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Isn’t this honour Catria’s? Then again, I’m in the middle of a Gaiden playthrough right now, I can look into it myself.

Pretty sure its more that Catria is also broken lol. Someone also told me Luthier is unbelievably busted in Gaiden version amongst others

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Low level is normally something you count against when judging a unit, but in FE9 specifically you can stockpile your bonus XP and get her to promotion ASAP so she can trivialize the rest of midgame. Jill is about the same in terms of ***balance*** but she suffers from Spd issues and comes a bit later.

P O P E W 1 N D E L

P O P E funny enough is only broken in 2 games. Maybe 1 because FE1 P O P E is  a bit overrated(and yes i know how good he is since i basically discovered Pantless Marth lol)

Which is funny since FE1 P O P E is like.... one of the very obvious case of a character being considered broken by the dev team alongside Niime. Dude literally got nerfed for every new appearance

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I'm hyped for the TT. Is there any datamined info on the seals for this TT?

I'll try to get BK on my first day. I have to use Ike as a bonus unit and he is already capped in HM. Then I can switch him for BK, even though he is only 20% bonus unit, and make the most of HM grinding with him.

Or, I could get lucky for once and manage to summon Elincia with some of the TT orbs.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

If she was, she definitely got nerfed for SoV. Or I'm playing the game 'wrong'.

The fact there's a flying horse between her legs is all she needs to be a death goddess in my playthough. I just need to not be surprised when it happens.

Everything got nerfed in SoV, except Python and Leon... that actually get buffed (Alm's enter in a strange spaces where he received a ton of new tools to play and break the game, but also lose the 4-5 Range Counter-attack... So yeah, this is also a indirect buff to the normal Archers).

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

IS stopped caring about Micaiah as soon as Blueberry’s merry band resurfaced. And no, her auto-promoting doesn’t count when Sothe, among all people, gets an auto-promotion too.

Well at least we learned Sothe likes belly shirts and wasn't just wearing his old one out of necessity. Which is weird since he promotes in a snowy chapter. 

Why couldn't Micaiah have gotten a Chaotic/Radiant Flame tome, or used Lehran's Medallion (aka the Fire Emblem) as one? Having Yune in her and channeling her powers through her you'd think would let her kill things with chaos. Of course that's Dark and not Light, but it glows, so I guess you could BS it as Light. It's saying something that the best thing she can do in the Tower is staffbot (and to be fair she's the only free one you get).

I wonder if she'd get a better Ardent Sacrifice or just be slapped with the generic old skill. Sacrifice is one of the things that makes her special (but is plot-wise unimportant), something like 20/15 HP healed for 10/5 spent would nice. Or 10 HP for 10 plus debuff removal.

I just realized that my personal weapon argument thing being all horse and armor killers had two exceptions I forgot to mention (I already spoke of Leif and Corrin). Alm's Royal Sword and RD Ike's Ettard. The former is cool in SoV, but Recovery (Renewal) and Double Lion (Brave effect) are the only things it has I can see working from it, Scendscale can't and Subdue is the opposite of what you want in a legendary. Ettard has nothing special about it, but watch them give it Heavy Blade so RD Ike is free to have some wicked new ABC Skill.

Sigurd and Seliph don't get early personal weapons oddly enough. The closest thing we have are the plain old Silver Sword Sigurd gets from Arvis (and which lets him destroy a lot and is generally expected to hit 50 kills), and Seliph starts with a Slim Sword of all things (but it's a bit better than the typical Slim).

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well at least we learned Sothe likes belly shirts and wasn't just wearing his old one out of necessity. Which is weird since he promotes in a snowy chapter. 

Why couldn't Micaiah have gotten a Chaotic/Radiant Flame tome, or used Lehran's Medallion (aka the Fire Emblem) as one? Having Yune in her and channeling her powers through her you'd think would let her kill things with chaos. Of course that's Dark and not Light, but it glows, so I guess you could BS it as Light. It's saying something that the best thing she can do in the Tower is staffbot (and to be fair she's the only free one you get).

I wonder if she'd get a better Ardent Sacrifice or just be slapped with the generic old skill. Sacrifice is one of the things that makes her special (but is plot-wise unimportant), something like 20/15 HP healed for 10/5 spent would nice. Or 10 HP for 10 plus debuff removal.

I just realized that my personal weapon argument thing being all horse and armor killers had two exceptions I forgot to mention (I already spoke of Leif and Corrin). Alm's Royal Sword and RD Ike's Ettard. The former is cool in SoV, but Recovery (Renewal) and Double Lion (Brave effect) are the only things it has I can see working from it, Scendscale can't and Subdue is the opposite of what you want in a legendary. Ettard has nothing special about it, but watch them give it Heavy Blade so RD Ike is free to have some wicked new ABC Skill.

Sigurd and Seliph don't get early personal weapons oddly enough. The closest thing we have are the plain old Silver Sword Sigurd gets from Arvis (and which lets him destroy a lot and is generally expected to hit 50 kills), and Seliph starts with a Slim Sword of all things (but it's a bit better than the typical Slim).

Sigurd's SSS is funny since nowadays its not considered to be as good as it used to be

Random shitpost on Gamefaqs gave me weird idea

What if we'd get Askr's upgraded weapon in the future, and its literally just their current Legendary Weapon with auto Same Weapon Breaker

Aside from the obvious Alfonse and Sharena gets a huge boost while Anna cries..... idk how good that would be

28 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Random shitpost on Gamefaqs gave me weird idea

What if we'd get Askr's upgraded weapon in the future, and its literally just their current Legendary Weapon with auto Same Weapon Breaker

Aside from the obvious Alfonse and Sharena gets a huge boost while Anna cries..... idk how good that would be

It'd be useful on all 3 of them, as Alfonse can be good in general against literally anything at all, Sharena can take care of the number of much faster Lances in the game (Nephenee, Brave-cina presumably, Hone Cav boosted Lance users), and Anna, well it doesn't look good on paper, but it means she can disable Quick Riposte on a number of Axe users who run it, including Hector, Brave Ike, and... uh... Beruka? Anyways, she also safely doubles against the likes of LnD3 Mnerva and any form of Armor Emblem-boosted Amelia.

Either way, if a weapon had a Breaker built into it, such as the Assassins Bow, that would theoretically sound great on paper... it's just a shame the one weapon that has a Breaker built into it has the breaker that does literally nothing in Arena and is put on the unit who could outspeed most Daggers anyways.

Edited by Xenomata

27 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

My Sharena already has Swordbreaker, getting an innate Lancebreaker too would be too awesome. I’d love it.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My Sharena already has Swordbreaker, getting an innate Lancebreaker too would be too awesome. I’d love it.

I wouldn't. I already gave my Sharena Lancebreaker 3. I had to give up a Narcian I was never going to use otherwise.

7 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I've noticed a lot of hype for Nephenee on here and r/FireEmblemHeroes.  I'm genuinely curious, why is she so popular?  Does she have some really good supports or something?  I didn't really use her much in PoR or RD and she never stood out to me as a character that would be so popular.  

I always use her because she ends up RNG blessed every time for me, plus infantry lance user and I like her because she is a down to earth character.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wouldn't. I already gave my Sharena Lancebreaker 3. I had to give up a Narcian I was never going to use otherwise.

Swordbreaker is definitely better for her, yeah. She still misses the KO against some of the bulkier lances even with Lancebreaker, and by not running Swordbreaker she gimps herself against common sword users she fails to OHKO, as well as ones like Ryoma and Lucina who double her. Innate Lancebreaker would be a nice touch though.