Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm gonna echo the hype for more Genealogy, I'm so hopeful that the leak is right about it. I'm hoping for either Sigurd, Deirdre, Ayra, and Jamke (Chapter 1 standouts), or Sigurd, Quan, Ethlyn, and maybe Noishe (fourth slot could be anyone, but we did just get PoR's green knight alone and I just really want to know Noishe's official name). But really, the new banner could have anyone on it and I'd still be excited. Also, happy page 1234 everybody.

Going by the names from the CYL Poll, Noish's official English name would be Naoise.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

What else could he possibly be? I mean isn't he famous for burning stuff up? 

Also, I share your plight. I've not summoned a single red mage outside of Raigh and Henry. The only red magical damage I've got is adult Tiki.

Exactly, but I always keep a hint of caution when something hasn't been 100% confirmed. It probably started around when Lachesis was added; another favorite of mine from the 1st Gen, who's popular for... pretty much everything except for healing. Lucius didn't help either.

It took me until the CYL banner to finally pull Lilina (4-stars), who is the only 4-star red mage I actually like. Admittedly, I have pulled quite a few Tharjas, including two off-focus 5-stars... but I just don't care for her. The fact that those two Tharjas could've easily been Katarina or Celica or even Leo did not improve my opinion of her. On a totally unrelated note, Lilina with Rauðrblade+ is pretty fun to use.

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

Going by the names from the CYL Poll, Noish's official English name would be Naoise.

True, but weren't a lot of names on there considered placeholder names, even characters that have already been translated? I seem to at least recall some conflict regarding Murdock's name there. Either way, like I said regarding Arvis as a red mage, I'm gonna keep a bit of skepticism until it's been 100% confirmed in the actual game; I still remember the back-and-forth with Lachesis, although I think her name was changed from Awakening to the poll, not from the poll (and Awakening) to Heroes.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

True, but weren't a lot of names on there considered placeholder names, even characters that have already been translated? I seem to at least recall some conflict regarding Murdock's name there. Either way, like I said regarding Arvis as a red mage, I'm gonna keep a bit of skepticism until it's been 100% confirmed in the actual game; I still remember the back-and-forth with Lachesis, although I think her name was changed from Awakening to the poll, not from the poll (and Awakening) to Heroes.

I believe Murdock and Niime's names were changed to their official ones from Blazing Blade before the poll ended. The only character I can recall whose name in Heroes doesn't match their CYL name is Thea/Thite (referred to as the former by Shanna in Heroes, but as the latter in the CYL poll). I would assume that for the most part, the names given are accurate.

1 minute ago, CancerTurtle said:

I believe Murdock and Niime's names were changed to their official ones from Blazing Blade before the poll ended. The only character I can recall whose name in Heroes doesn't match their CYL name is Thea/Thite (referred to as the former by Shanna in Heroes, but as the latter in the CYL poll). I would assume that for the most part, the names given are accurate.

Wait, Shanna actually says Thea's name? Huh, just looked at her quotes, and she totally does. That's what I get for never using her, I guess. That was another character I had been hoping would be added so I could know her official name, but I suppose that's not entirely necessary anymore. Cool!

My general assumption is that, for the characters that weren't already in the game or planned to be added soon, they were given "official unless decided otherwise" names. Characters like Noishe/Naoise seem low-priority compared to others, so I don't know if the poll translator(s) would've bothered spending too much time on giving them definitive final names. Not that that means his name will definitely change, or anyone's for that matter, but I wouldn't necessarily consider the poll names to be "official" either. Of course, they're still the closest thing we have besides the original TCG names, which aren't really known for their accuracy.

The FE4 hype is within! Every orb rewarded will be saved for October. Imo Genealogy should have 2 banners, one at early october and one at mid month, similar to how SoV got two. Gen 1 can have Sigurd, Deirdre, Quan and Ethlyn and Gen 2 can be Ares, Sety, Oifey and Shanan.

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Most of all I want Deirdre for some reason. Is it resentment against me never getting Julia?

12 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If you're looking for a Naga user, there is no guarantee Deidre will get it. The only Light tome she ever gets her hands on in Genealogy is Aura. And what might be even more worrying is that she'll be Lucius'ed into a staffer, since her first act of love for Sigurd is Silencing some baddie better than any S support. As for her stat build, if DeNA opts for base game basis (they may, they may not, flip a coin I tell you), then she'll just be slow Mag-Res one shot wonder. Miracle if given will be eh, but Renewal is nice if they should give it to her. I have no hopes for any sort of Nihil.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

What else could he possibly be? I mean isn't he famous for burning stuff up? 

Well he is, and I'm 99.99% certain he'll have Valflame as his personal tome. But, if DeNA had a intentionally very cruel side, they could just throw him a sword, since he packs a Silver Blade in Gen 2 besides Valflame. It's as useful as one's appendix though, since 70 Atk hitting Res from Valflame is very very unlikely to ever be outdone by the Silver Blade.

My picks for the banner are as I have expressed before: Sigurd and Deidre (duh) and Lewyn first and foremost. Deidre can get the 4-5 downgrade. And for my fourth...

Since a Legendary is all but guaranteed to lock you to 5 Star, no to Quan since Gae Bolg, and no to Brigid since Yewfelle- we need more 4s. Instead, Lex, Midir, Azel (as a Mage Knight) and Dew (Dagger) are all characters I'd like prefer to see added, since they could contribute more diversity. Not sure which of these should get the 4th spot though.

I will be very disappointed if Sigurd isn't on the FE4 banner, although I see no reason for him not to be. I don't really like Deidre very much, but I bet she'll be on there, too. The other two... Part of me says Quan and Ethlyn, but I could see Lewyn there. Maybe Ira, since she tends to be quite popular (I think?). Lex would be great, since we need more greens... or even Midir, but I might just be incredibly hopeful there. I don't want Lyn to be my only option for bow knight 

I'd very much love there to be a Gen 2, as well. Ares is my favourite FE4 character, so I really want him to be there. Shanan's pretty cool, too. Plus we could have Leen/Lynne for an additional dancer (though I really want them to add a male dancer soon... hopefully Elffin will come with an FE6 banner). Not sure on the fourth. Can go Oifey as others have said. 

I don't imagine a gen 2 would happen in October, though. I'd be very surprised if they pass up an opportunity for a Halloween banner. 

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If you're looking for a Naga user, there is no guarantee Deidre will get it. The only Light tome she ever gets her hands on in Genealogy is Aura. And what might be even more worrying is that she'll be Lucius'ed into a staffer, since her first act of love for Sigurd is Silencing some baddie better than any S support. As for her stat build, if DeNA opts for base game basis (they may, they may not, flip a coin I tell you), then she'll just be slow Mag-Res one shot wonder. Miracle if given will be eh, but Renewal is nice if they should give it to her. I have no hopes for any sort of Nihil.

Well he is, and I'm 99.99% certain he'll have Valflame as his personal tome. But, if DeNA had a intentionally very cruel side, they could just throw him a sword, since he packs a Silver Blade in Gen 2 besides Valflame. It's as useful as one's appendix though, since 70 Atk hitting Res from Valflame is very very unlikely to ever be outdone by the Silver Blade.

My picks for the banner are as I have expressed before: Sigurd and Deidre (duh) and Lewyn first and foremost. Deidre can get the 4-5 downgrade. And for my fourth...

Since a Legendary is all but guaranteed to lock you to 5 Star, no to Quan since Gae Bolg, and no to Brigid since Yewfelle- we need more 4s. Instead, Lex, Midir, Azel (as a Mage Knight) and Dew (Dagger) are all characters I'd like prefer to see added, since they could contribute more diversity. Not sure which of these should get the 4th spot though.

My first thought for Deirdre is Aura, and I think they can simply make a variant for her just like how Delthea got a variant from Linde's Aura. Maybe Naga's Aura or Holy Aura, I don't know; or probably give it Watersweep 2 effect to mimic the Silence staff.

If she happens to be a staff user what will she equip? Candlelight like Lyn?

Also, Sigurd has to have Silver Sword+

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

since her first act of love for Sigurd is Silencing some baddie better than any S support.

Silence would be an absurdly strong staff weapon assuming you can either get your hands on Dazzling Staff (or an enemy-phase analogue) or Diadora comes with an absurd amount of Res.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe they'll Sacred Stone us again and only drop one unit to 4*.

With us only getting 3 units on the Tellius Banner and the aforementioned Sacred Stones keeping three units at 5*, all past patterns are pretty much out the window, but they've had 2 guys and 2 girls in most Banners, apart from Celica's Banner and the Bride one, so if we get Sigurd (as lock as I would think), Diedre (she pairs well with Sigurd and the Alvis GHB), Lewyn (not as lock as the first two, but I think he has a good chance), that leaves one more.  Of the remaining girls, many seem to pair with another and/or have legendary weapons.  I think they might give us Sylvia, since another Dancer would always be nice.  I guess she's another Sword like Olivia, but maybe she'll get the Faye treatment, and they'll give her another weapon to differentiate her.

48 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'd be very surprised if they pass up an opportunity for a Halloween banner. 

This is a gacha game; they will not pass up on the money a Halloween banner would bring. 

As for the probable FE4 banner...

- Sigurd (with Tyrfing variant)

- Deidre (blue, green or colorless)

- Quan (with Gáe Bolg)

- Ethlyn (staff'd, of course) 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

This is a gacha game; they will not pass up on the money a Halloween banner would bring. 

Trick or Treat? Depends on your luck at the pull.

18 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think they might give us Sylvia, since another Dancer would always be nice.  I guess she's another Sword like Olivia, but maybe she'll get the Faye treatment, and they'll give her another weapon to differentiate her.

On the plus side for Sylvia, she is necessary for getting the Defender sword in FE4. Perhaps they could introduce a new line of inheritable physical weapons that give Def/Res buffs to the user? A defense alternative to an other offense oriented weapon selection.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the plus side for Sylvia, she is necessary for getting the Defender sword in FE4. Perhaps they could introduce a new line of inheritable physical weapons that give Def/Res buffs to the user? A defense alternative to an other offense oriented weapon selection.

Maybe a sort of built in Fortress Defense.  12 Might, but grants 3 Def.  If she is added, I hope she gets the drop to 4*.  They've been awfully stingy with dropping units to 4*.  Since June, we've only had three new units drop to 4*, and we might only get one more this Banner.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe a sort of built in Fortress Defense.  12 Might, but grants 3 Def.

I'd imagine +2 Def/Res on enemy phase or Armored Blow 2.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

They've been awfully stingy with dropping units to 4*.  Since June, we've only had three new units drop to 4*, and we might only get one more this Banner.

You say this as if there were all so many characters added to the standard summoning pool to begin with. We've only had 14 new characters added since June, 4 of which weren't even expected to be added to the standard summoning pool at all by most players.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You say this as if there were all so many characters added to the standard summoning pool to begin with. We've only had 14 new characters added since June, 4 of which weren't even expected to be added to the standard summoning pool at all by most players.

There's that as well, but that component is mostly due to the glut of holiday Banners we've been getting.

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

FE12 Armor Knight(or rather General) is legit in parts of FE12 tbh due to their defense and ability to use Bow in a game where Bow is busted to hell and back. On a slower pace you can use it to trivialize some section on a map. Granted at like Altea onwards good fucking luck playing slow

Now IF ONLY WE GET TO USE A CERTAIN ARMOR KNIGHT FOR 3 CHAPTER TO ABUSE HIS CAPS ON EVERY STATS AND 25 RES BECAUSE ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THE DEVELOPER'S MIND WHEN THEY CREATED DARK EMPEROR

We could still being better in his original Cavalier version... Unless he had Marth/Mercenaries movility.

Halloween special banner should be good. If I don't get the units I want, I'll just drown my sorrows in excess candy. In fact, here's a new item idea. Halloween candy. Give to your units to build supports faster. Goes bad on November 30th, so eat em' up.

17 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

When will Halloween banner be? I assume late october.

Also, 2775SP

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170922-201253.png

Missing an Assist and her promotion but I'm done. Takumi map is awesome for ranged users.

I should really not use Camilla's map by instinct, then. I'll put that on my list.

Meanwhile, the Warriors maps are also pretty fine for EXP, though I'm not sure how it compares to the Training Tower. Raven did surprisingly well despite a Brave Axe (but Sol might have something to do with that).

Edited by phineas81707
That typo MASSIVELY changes the meaning of the sentence...

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I should really not use Camilla's map by instinct, then. I'll put that on my list.

Meanwhile, the Warriors maps are also pretty fine for EXP, though I'm not sure how it compares to the Training Tower. Raven did surprisingly well despite a Brave Axe (but Sol might have something to do with that).

Warriors maps are definitely better than Tower. For instance, Hard Takumi gives 60SP this weekend, 30 for regular days, while TT Lunatic at best gives yoy 15/30. Not to mention Camilla's map in Hard gives you above 100 SP. I'm doing Camilla for Melee units and Takumi for ranged ones because Camilla's map for ranged units is an absolute boredom even with 2 dancers.

Yeah, Warriors maps are a blessing pre TT, I enjoy them much more than TT tbh.

= EDIT =

Oh you meant Exp, well, Fred got like 6-7 lv ups on Camilla Hard from lv. 34 onwards.

Edited by Quintessence

I just realized how similar Ogma and Virion's stat spreads are. Well, similar in a sense of if Virion was a 1-range infantry, then he could probably have the same stat spread as Ogma. Anyway, Ogma has 47 HP, 35 Atk, 34 Spd, 28 Def, and 13 Res while Virion has 46 HP, 31 Atk, 31 Spd, 26 Def, and 13 Res. As a ranged infantry, Virion would have ~10 less BST than an 1-ranged infantry which in this case is 4 less attack, 3 less speed, 2 less defense, and 1 less HP compared to Ogma.

This kind of makes me wonder if an alternate Virion could end up being basically Ogma. In the case of a wyvern rider Virion, axe or lance, he could be a formidable unit, especially as an axe flyer since none of the axe fliers have ~35/35 neutral offenses. If not, then those ~10 points have to go somewhere and I doubt they're going to make a non-armor unit have 57 base HP which is higher than Zephiel and +HP Hector's 55. Yeah, sure, let's make it so this dude can Panic Ploy everyone in the game who isn't an enemy AI. His HP might not go any higher and his resistance is still going to be crap if he's a wyvern rider, so that leaves attack, speed, and defense. Dividing it evenly as possible would give Virion 34 Atk, 34 Spd, and 29 Def which is basically Ogma's stat spread. Worst case scenario of +1 to attack and speed would leave 8 points for defense giving him 34 defense making him like Valter in terms of stats.

I kind of want a griffon rider Virion since a fluffy griffon chibi plus Virion's cravat seems fitting. Also, because there are no canonical griffon riders, so why not have someone from Awakening be a griffon rider? Cherche and Gerome are locked in with Minerva (the wyvern) and I doubt alternate versions of them being fliers would not have Minerva, so that leaves the other Awakening characters who can become griffon riders. Oh, and griffon riders have Deliverer and Lancebreaker as their class skills, so a new skill and another summonable unit with Lancebreaker. How would Deliverer even work in Heroes and would it be different enough to warrant being in when Guidance could work as a substitute?

His other class option, mage, might make him an Odin, but with terrible resistance at worse. I don't know what 30% magic growth would look like for him.

Edited by Kaden

So satisfying to finally roll a TT bonus unit in Elincia with my last 7 orbs. It just makes summons more enjoyable when you have a stroke of luck like that after wasting most of your orbs.

been training her in Hinoka's warriors map with a double dancer and she's already lv 34.

question is what is more stamina efficient? That map or the Chain Challenge with 30 stamina (i forget what the total number of enemies in the Warriors map are)

Lel griff virion. Kinda unlikely unless they add some dumb stuff.

Also, @phineas81707 Hard Camilla gives 150 SP. Lv. 32 Hector stood still on the choke point of the northern path and cleared all enemies. He went up to lv. 38 starting at 3SP and finsihing at 297 SP.

= EDIT =

@mcsilas Definitely Camilla Hard. If a unit kills all units with my estimations, then 3 runs will give the unit 450SP. I've never gotten 400+ at CC.

Edited by Quintessence

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Lel griff virion. Kinda unlikely unless they add some dumb stuff.

Also, @phineas81707 Hard Camilla gives 150 SP. Lv. 32 Hector stood still on the choke point of the northern path and cleared all enemies. He went up to lv. 38 starting at 3SP and finsihing at 297 SP.

Did you mean @mcsilas? The only questioning I've been doing is the value of training ranged units and some melees that dislike the mages, and I haven't voiced the latter yet. Sure, Ike tears the map to shreds and Tana doesn't know the meaning of pain, but Zephiel...

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Did you mean @mcsilas? The only questioning I've been doing is the value of training ranged units and some melees that dislike the mages, and I haven't voiced the latter yet. Sure, Ike tears the map to shreds and Tana doesn't know the meaning of pain, but Zephiel...

I was addressing your question regarding how Warriors Maps compare to Training Tower and adding some fancy numbers :P: