Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

@Quintessence she's still a bit squishy so maybe i'll stick to the left side and avoid the blues, especially since she's -HP/+Res. She should be ready in time for TT, but now the problem is choosing what skills to inherit haha

Thanks though!

@Kaden

Lon'qu griffon rider or bust. Actually Noire would be cute since she has that feather ornament on her head that goes great with a griffon.

or Griffon rider Panne haha

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Quintessence said:

I was addressing your question regarding how Warriors Maps compare to Training Tower and adding some fancy numbers :P:

...That was about EXP and low-level units like my fresh Raven who tanked for days despite his Brave Axe to go 1-26 before I lost the 25-30 stamina I had left over. (There were some deaths in there)

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Lon'qu griffon rider or bust. Actually Noire would be cute since she has that feather ornament on her head that goes great with a griffon.

or Griffon rider Panne haha

If only we could have a bird person -- could the Raven Laguz work? -- riding a griffon. We already have dragon on dragon action, so why not have bird on bird action too? :p

Edited by Kaden

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

(please give us official names for these people soon)

The CYL poll is the most official source for names we have at the moment. Except Thea of course. Naoise, Brigid, and Tailtiu.

My prediction table in my signature uses the CYL spellings.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

If only we could have a bird person -- could the Raven Laguz work? -- riding a griffon. We already have dragon on dragon action, so why not have bird on bird action too? :p

Maybe Naesala's attendee? His name escapes me but he's pretty old now, maybe he needs help flying!

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe Naesala's attendee? His name escapes me but he's pretty old now, maybe he needs help flying!

Nealuchi?

Also, I kinda want more Fates characters to be in, in two separate banners with 3 characters, adding Keaton and Kaden as colorless :<. On Hoshido I'd like to see Yukimura/Reina and Hayato/Orochi. And on Nohr I'd like Nyx and Flora/Shura.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The CYL poll is the most official source for names we have at the moment. Except Thea of course. Naoise, Brigid, and Tailtiu.

Chalk it up to me being a guy of habits, I suppose. I've become used to names like Noishe and Fury, so it's hard for me to want to relearn them without 100% verification in-game. Except for Tailtiu. That one's better than most of the other translations we've had by far, even if it still kinda looks like a mess of letters at first glance. I almost hope they just completely give up and change her name again, to like, Trish, or something. Something super plain and ordinary in comparison (at least, it is where I live).

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Except for Tailtiu. That one's better than most of the other translations we've had by far, even if it still kinda looks like a mess of letters at first glance.

Irish names look incredibly odd and never come with any pronunciation guide, but at least using 50% Irish and 40% Norse is consistent across Jugdral.

55 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn't they give Murdock a different name, despite appearing in FE7?

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Irish names look incredibly odd and never come with any pronunciation guide, but at least using 50% Irish and 40% Norse is consistent across Jugdral.

That's why we need a Genealogy remake SoV-stye: it'll be like everyone wanting to learn how to pronounce Caeda's name in Warriors, except for like half the cast. Although I think someone said that Caeda's name is pronounced in TMS too, but that's besides the point.

I just realized that they haven't added a single Red Mage to the 4* pool since launch.  That'd probably explain why getting a decent one is so hard.

Tharja: good, but suffers from low Res for mage duels.  I notice that Red mages either have good Speed or good Resistance, but not both

Sophia and Lilina: Slow, but okay if built right

Henry and Raigh: get participation awards

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's why we need a Genealogy remake SoV-stye: it'll be like everyone wanting to learn how to pronounce Caeda's name in Warriors, except for like half the cast. Although I think someone said that Caeda's name is pronounced in TMS too, but that's besides the point.

I've always said Cay-duh, but I have no idea if that's right.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just realized that they haven't added a single Red Mage to the 4* pool since launch.  That'd probably explain why getting a decent one is so hard.

Tharja: good, but suffers from low Res for mage duels.  I notice that Red mages either have good Speed or good Resistance, but not both

Sophia and Lilina: Slow, but okay if built right

Henry and Raigh: get participation awards

This fact has been all to apparent to me in my nightmares.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Same for me. I've seen some people say that it's probably See-duh, like in Caesar, but... well, it makes sense, but I'm too used to Cay-duh by now. If Warriors confirms See-duh, then I guess I'll just have to get used to that instead.

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Katarina.

Raigh is actually just two Spd off from Tharja, but his base kit is of course worse and he randomly has stats in HP and Res that don’t really help him at all. I’m pretty happy with my +Spd +1 Tharja though so I’m not really pining for another red mage.

I’ve always said “Cay-duh” too. And then there’s “Shee-duh” and “Cee-duh” which makes things more confusing.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Same for me. I've seen some people say that it's probably See-duh, like in Caesar, but... well, it makes sense, but I'm too used to Cay-duh by now. If Warriors confirms See-duh, then I guess I'll just have to get used to that instead.

It would be funny if it's pronounced Sheeda, since one old fan translation was Shiida or something like that.  I know Sean and Seamus are Irish names where the S has a Sh sound, but I don't know how Cs normally sound.  I fail my ancestors.

The funny thing is that in the original Latin, Caesar was pronounced with a hard K sound.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Katarina.

Raigh is actually just two Spd off from Tharja, but his base kit is of course worse and he randomly has stats in HP and Res that don’t really help him at all. I’m pretty happy with my +Spd +1 Tharja though so I’m not really pining for another red mage.

I’ve always said “Cay-duh” too. And then there’s “Shee-duh” and “Cee-duh” which makes things more confusing.

True, but Katarina suffers from being a 5* exclusive, and I don't think she's been in any Banners since her original, so not many people have her.  I'm lucky to have Celica, but mine has 19 Res, so I can't really put her out to tank magic.

Raigh's listed at 29 neutral Speed, unless the calculator is wrong.  Tharja has 34 at neutral.

Edited by Rezzy

Raigh is actually probably one of the best promotions I've done in a while. Sure, he's not THAT fast, but I've found that his extra bulk is really nice. And for some reason, I keep raking in the defense wins with him on my team. And I'm not even using a single horse or a dancer. 

I've always said Shiida since that's how it's written in Japanese though See-da would probably be a pretty good guess too. When in doubt, I just usually go with the Japanese pronunciation even though we'll inevitably change it.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Raigh's listed at 29 neutral Speed, unless the calculator is wrong.  Tharja has 34 at neutral.

Whoops, that’s a +Spd Raigh. True madmen could merge a neutral Spd 5* one for 33 Spd though which goes to show how terrible he really is

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Raigh is actually probably one of the best promotions I've done in a while. Sure, he's not THAT fast, but I've found that his extra bulk is really nice.

This is just me, but I don’t really take a unit’s magic resistance into consideration unless their color is green.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be funny if it's pronounced Sheeda, since one old fan translation was Shiida or something like that.  I know Sean and Seamus are Irish names where the S has a Sh sound, but I don't know how Cs normally sound.  I fail my ancestors.

The funny thing is that in the original Latin, Caesar was pronounced with a hard K sound.

That makes me curious if anyone has ever tried making a Heroes team with Caeda, Sheena, Shanna, and Sonya.

Really? Neat. Wonder when in the conversion process that got changed. I feel slightly more justified in saying Cay-duh now. Just in time for Warriors to crush my happiness.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Really? Neat. Wonder when in the conversion process that got changed. I feel slightly more justified in saying Cay-duh now. Just in time for Warriors to crush my happiness.

The Latin language had a gradual process before becoming the dozen or so Romance languages, but somewhere along the line French for sure, and I want to say the others started pronouncing it like an S.

The German word Kaiser is actually closer to the source material than the Romance versions of it are.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Whoops, that’s a +Spd Raigh. True madmen could merge a neutral Spd 5* one for 33 Spd though which goes to show how terrible he really is

This is just me, but I don’t really take a unit’s magic resistance into consideration unless their color is green.

High Res Reds are good for taking out the Green Mages that are fielded probably as Hardt checks in Arena Assault.  It's funny that I have more Reinhardt checks than I do Julia and Nino checks.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I used to not like RES all that much but with how popular mages in general got, I found myself preferring the extra RES. And green mages gave me a ton of trouble in the Arena. Running Fury Nino was more convenient than running LaD Nino since she likes the extra RES to counter Rein. I also prefer running Katarina over Tharja since their stats are basically exactly the same except for the distribution of bulk. It's just my play style I guess, but the only mages I need to have any semblance of defense are my raven mages.  

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sad thing about Raigh is that he dont even perform all that well as a 5* budget since he cant KO relevant horse without Boon AND ability. 60 atk after effective modifier would only KO LnD Lyn who is still pretty rare

The only one of the natural horse killer Cav who can do that is Ursula who reach 73 ATK so rip. 

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Sad thing about Raigh is that he dont even perform all that well as a 5* budget since he cant KO relevant horse without Boon AND ability. 60 atk after effective modifier would only KO LnD Lyn who is still pretty rare

The only one of the natural horse killer Cav who can do that is Ursula who reach 73 ATK so rip. 

I don't think I've ever run into a wolf tome in Arena before.  It seems like blade or raven tomes are superior in every conceivable way.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think I've ever run into a wolf tome in Arena before.  It seems like blade or raven tomes are superior in every conceivable way.

Mostly for AA. Wolf tome are a good soft aggresive check to BLyn

Granted Wolf tome match up winning potential isnt on the level of Tobin, Dancer or Brave Archer

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner I didn't respond when you posted again, but thanks for the data.

Between the Tempest rewards and orbs, arena rewards and GHB re-run there should be a resonable stash of orbs at the end of the month. Probably going to sit on them until the next preview same as last time.

Also was going to do my 20k for LnD3 for Ogma but... suddenly spending 20k feathers for one point of Attack and Speed is really.. really unappealing. Think I'm going to go ahead and wait for another 20k so I can five star a unit and NOT feel like I'm wasting.

Edited by Zeo

6 hours ago, Rezzy said:

High Res Reds are good for taking out the Green Mages that are fielded probably as Hardt checks in Arena Assault.  It's funny that I have more Reinhardt checks than I do Julia and Nino checks.

I see. Cecilia among the green mages sticks out the most since her Mov can be exploited with enemy phase tanking; 2 Mov can be beaten out fairly easily with Reposition or Dance, especially when a brave weapon is involved. The problem is that most Cecilia’s run -Blade which makes tanking out of the question besides having some combination of Res, TA, and fort tiles, making high Res low HP red mages shaky checks at best. The occasional -Raven Cecilia is trivial but it seems to be much less common compared to how much more likely the AI will use a -Blade variant without screwing up.

You can never have too many checks in arena assault, true enough.

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I used to not like RES all that much but with how popular mages in general got, I found myself preferring the extra RES. And green mages gave me a ton of trouble in the Arena. Running Fury Nino was more convenient than running LaD Nino since she likes the extra RES to counter Rein. I also prefer running Katarina over Tharja since their stats are basically exactly the same except for the distribution of bulk. It's just my play style I guess, but the only mages I need to have any semblance of defense are my raven mages.  

I love my Fury Nino too. She does a bit of everything: passive Desperation setup, Reinhardt tanking on fort tiles, along with a small offensive boost to make her great game even better.

This is mostly a difference in playstyle, but I generally find it easier to net a KO and Reposition out ad infinitum against low Mov units, but cavalry like Reinhardt and Cecilia push me to bring out the defensive checks. Both are very deady units in their color, but Reinhardt is much more likely to be seen on a cookie-cutter team than some of his other horse brethren, with the exception of Xander and Camus who are pretty universal with their stats and weapon.

I finally built up my first Raven mage a little over a week ago: Boey. That’s probably the first time I’ve had to build a dedicated counter unit just because one unit causes so much headache without it, but on the bright side my Lightning Breath TA Fae means I never have to worry about Reinhardt anymore.

Edited by MrSmokestack