• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So I'm thinking about Mia and Edward and comparing their stats.... barring their endgame results which.... they're pretty much identical. As for how they grow Edward hits harder but Mia is generally faster and their durability is identical except of course Edward can't dodge crap because tier 1 unit hard mode etc etc.

But thinking about it I'm wondering how the two would be made different. Mia had a Wo Dao in FE10 so she'd likely start with that and Vantage is a duh for her so her defining traits would be her stats and her A/C Skill. I'm expecting Lon Qu tier speed or a point below it with attack in Athena's range. How she'd be made different would likely be a bit more HP and less ATK and DEF and maybe a few points more res. For her A skill I'm seeing something like Steady Blow or.

Edward on the other hand would have speed in the 35-37 range with attack in the 32-35 range because. Below average def and terrible res (though not Ogma level) with fairly high HP). He would ideally wield Caladbolg which should either have innate Axebreaker 2, Steady Stance 2 or Wrath 2 built in (Blocking axes with face irony/Light Affinity Boost/Wrath skill, respectively). If since he didn't have that in the JAP version he didn't get it he'd probably get a Slaying Edge+ or of course they could shaft him and give him a Silver Sword.

For his skills Wrath is a duh but if he had that built into his prf then his B skill would probably be something like Brash Assault which is worthless on him but it suits him if we aren't actually trying to make him a good unit. Otherwise they would either give him something new like Spd Smoke for a C skill or they'd just stick with Wrath which they should because Ed would likely be bumped down to *4.

For an A skill I'm not being biased, I think he would get Life and Death. Otherwise he'd rock something like Fire Boost to go along with a high HP stat or for alternatives or Close Def for face blocking purposes.

Honestly I feel like Edward would be a better character out of the box unless Mia had better speed and comparable attack just from the fact that Edward has a potential 16 MT Prf and that... Vantage just isn't that great and Mia had it in both games so that's a given. Wo Dao+ is probably still a better alternative to Slaying Edge+ but Wrath > Vantage and well, I'm biased towards him.

Mia and Edward are probably my 2 favorite characters from FE9/10 so I do hope that the former shows up in a latter Tellius banner because I think Edward is a shoe-in unless a Dawn Brigade banner arrives and somehow Leo, Aran or Laura pop up instead of him.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Titania amiibo when?

I'd certainly buy one.  I have Marth, Robin, Alm, and Celica in Amiibo form right now.  I don't have a ton, because they've either been hard to find or too expensive.

10 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If since he didn't have that in the JAP version he didn't get it he'd probably get a Slaying Edge+ or of course they could shaft him and give him a Silver Sword.

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm not too worried about him not getting Caladbolg. While it's certainly possible, he did get it in Cipher, which is a Japanese only card game. So it's not like they've completely written off it's existence as being NA exclusive.

6 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

I was thinking the same thing. But I'm not too worried about him not getting Caladbolg. While it's certainly possible, he did get it in Cipher, which is a Japanese only card game. So it's not like they've completely written off it's existence as being NA exclusive.

True, the only other thing though is that most characters that have gotten a prf weapon have been characters that were particularly important in their respective game. I didn't play Echoes so I don't know what the case for Delthea/Sonia's prf weapons, but Edward isn't particularly important in FE10. He's just a guy helping Micaiah at the beginning and that's pretty much it for his relevance, so why is this guy is getting a 16 MT Prf weapon but then you have popular characters using generic weapons?

That being said, I hope he gets it and it doesn't get it's MT nerfed or something like that. Considering it was Luck+8 and that doesn't exist in Heroes, it's skill could be literally anything.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

True, the only other thing though is that most characters that have gotten a prf weapon have been characters that were particularly important in their respective game. I didn't play Echoes so I don't know what the case for Delthea/Sonia's prf weapons, but Edward isn't particularly important in FE10. He's just a guy helping Micaiah at the beginning and that's pretty much it for his relevance, so why is this guy is getting a 16 MT Prf weapon but then you have popular characters using generic weapons?

That being said, I hope he gets it and it doesn't get it's MT nerfed or something like that. Considering it was Luck+8 and that doesn't exist in Heroes, it's skill could be literally anything.

Delthea and Sonya have little relevance to SoV, they have a bigger moment than Edward but that's about it. Both are recruitable enemies, one being manipulated due to her being silly and the other decides to join Celica because she has nothing else to do ~. They actually don't have prf weapons, they have Aura and Excalibur respectively as enemy bosses, and Heroes decided to give them a variant of Linde's and Merric's signature tomes. I don't see why Nolan, Edward and Leonardo would be an exception to prf weapons.

Edited by Quintessence

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Delthea is n't the only one with Aura. Mae gets it at level 9 and Mage Kliff gets it at Sage level 5.

Excalibur is even less special. Luthier, Boey & Nomah also get the spell and it's all over the place when you talk about reclassing. Tobin will get it but so will Kamui & Jesse.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Odin - Has -blade and Defiant Atk.  Before SI, he could hit +14 Atk with his skillset alone.  With the rest of his stats being not-as-bad, he'd be kind of scary.
Henry - Sky-high defense, low Speed, -raven, and Ignis look like a unit who was meant to tank an enemy's double attack, take minimal damage, then light up the opponent with Ignis.  -raven meant that he'd put dagger users in their place (Kagero nonwithstanding)
Felicia - see Henry, except for non-raven mages.  Oh, and she was meant to double.  If she didn't kill, her daggers would turn her opponent into paper.

But then SI came, and that all went out the window.

Yeah, I know, but it makes me wonder if the developers created those tomes first or just gave Henry and Odin their stats and felt they would be fine. I'm guessing daggers were based on Fates and they have debuffs there too, so Felicia's fine. Basically, it's just a question of why something happened in the first place and trying to figure out what the developers were thinking, planning, etc.

I'd say skill inheritance made them better since it gave them, like everyone else, more options. Odin gained bulk with Fury and you could if you want, make him a T-Adept mage who's just there to hard counter reds. With +Spd and Fury 3, Odin ends up with 43HP, 38 Spd, 28 Def, and 28 Res bulk. He really shouldn't be -Atk even though he has 22 neutral attack, so something else should drop. With enough field buffs, he can use his speed to compensate for his low attack because -blade tomes. Even then, he can leverage the fact it would be hard to kill him, so you'd have the power of -blade tomes on a pretty tough guy. I'm imagining Odin as some kind of cockroach with radioactive powers now. :p

Kind of wondering if I should build my +Spd, -Res Odin or try to get a +Spd, -Def Odin if I don't have one... -Res seems weird on a mage, but physical units are more common, so being =Def might be better. All, but like one of the Odins I've summoned were all +Spd, -Res for some weird reason. Anyway, I digress.

Henry gained whatever other -raven mages gained and that's being able to use T-Adept to boost his attack and defenses even more. Also, Bonfire if you want a lower charge special on him and different B-skills and whatnot. For me, because I like Henry, I want +Atk, -Spd Henry so I can make him into an anti-axe and kind of anti-green mage just for fun.

As for Felicia, she's still a good mage counter and new units have given her better mage countering skills even though they're pretty expensive.

Edited by Kaden

50 minutes ago, immatx said:

Using your Mia outline, wouldn't life and death plus brave sword+ be op as hell?

OP? Sure. More OP than Brave Sword Ogma/Hana/Chrom/Athena/Lyn or Elincia? Probably not. Just another standard meta unit. If anything Edward would use it better because more ATK for a few points less SPD.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I'm expecting Lon Qu tier speed or a point below it with attack in Athena's range. How she'd be made different would likely be a bit more HP and less ATK and DEF and maybe a few points more res.

Athena has 31 attack and 38 speed while Lon'qu has 29 attack and 39 speed. Also, Anna has 28 attack and 38 speed, Lyn has 28 attack and 37 speed, and Navarre has 31 attack and 37 speed. I don't think there are any units with 31/39 neutral offenses, but they're all very fast, average attack units. Anyway, Mia with Lon'qu's speed or -1 his speed with Athena's 31 attack would literally be Athena in offenses. Defense-wise, well, that's up to wherever the ~88 remaining stats go.

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Edward on the other hand would have speed in the 35-37 range with attack in the 32-35 range because. Below average def and terrible res (though not Ogma level) with fairly high HP). He would ideally wield Caladbolg which should either have innate Axebreaker 2, Steady Stance 2 or Wrath 2 built in (Blocking axes with face irony/Light Affinity Boost/Wrath skill, respectively). If since he didn't have that in the JAP version he didn't get it he'd probably get a Slaying Edge+ or of course they could shaft him and give him a Silver Sword.

No unit so far has had 37 attack and 35 speed. The closest is Legion's 36 attack and 35 speed and I doubt they will ever introduce a unit with +36/+36 offenses. The current highest offensive spread other than Legion is Hana's 35 attack and 36 speed. For ranged units, Linde's 35 attack and 36 speed and Delthea and summer Elise's 36 attack and 34 speed. There's also no unit with 37 attack and 32 speed. The closest is bride Charlotte's 36 attack and 32 speed followed by summer Tiki's 36 attack and 30 speed.

Anything's possible, but I don't see a unit having 37/32 offenses let alone a unit having 37/35 offenses. With Edward, you could have someone figure out what his 85% HP, 60% Atk, 60% Spd, 35% Def, and 20% Res would give him in Heroes. If you give him something like 45 HP, 35 Atk, and 35 Spd, he'd only have at most, 43 points remaining for defense and resistance. Below-average defense would have to be <25 defense which if you go with like 23 defense, then he'd have 20 resistance which is still kind of all right since it's not like 14 resistance. With a stat spread like that, you'd basically have Lucina who traded 2 HP for 2 defense. Otherwise, he'd have more HP and equal or more defense that her, but lower resistance.

Well, since we're on this subject, Mia's growth rates in Radiant Dawn is 70% HP, 45% Atk, 65% Spd, 40% Def, and 25% Res. Eh, I don't know, Lyn with flipped defenses and more HP for less resistance? So, something like 40 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 23 Res? Actually, that would be Navarre if he had less HP for more defense and had a Wo Dao by default instead of needing to inherit it. You could even do something like +Atk, -Def and that would be Navarre with 2 less HP, for 2 more attack.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Athena has 31 attack and 38 speed while Lon'qu has 29 attack and 39 speed. Also, Anna has 28 attack and 38 speed, Lyn has 28 attack and 37 speed, and Navarre has 31 attack and 37 speed. I don't think there are any units with 31/39 neutral offenses, but they're all very fast, average attack units. Anyway, Mia with Lon'qu's speed or -1 his speed with Athena's 31 attack would literally be Athena in offenses. Defense-wise, well, that's up to wherever the ~88 remaining stats go.

When you have so many units it's hard to diversify them stat wise, for Mia I see something like 30 ATK and 39 Speed. Maybe we can cut that speed down by 2 or so but anything below 37 wouldn't suit her and at the same time even 31-32 ATK is much because she's never exactly dealt "High" damage in her games until of course lategame so 27-30 offenses are a must for her. I'd go with 30/39 ideally, only cutting one or two points of speed if we had two, and distributing the rest of her stats to defenses, giving her respectable but average stats in most other areas. Higher HP than Athena though.

No unit so far has had 37 attack and 35 speed. The closest is Legion's 36 attack and 35 speed and I doubt they will ever introduce a unit with +36/+36 offenses. The current highest offensive spread other than Legion is Hana's 35 attack and 36 speed. For ranged units, Linde's 35 attack and 36 speed and Delthea and summer Elise's 36 attack and 34 speed. There's also no unit with 37 attack and 32 speed. The closest is bride Charlotte's 36 attack and 32 speed followed by summer Tiki's 36 attack and 30 speed.

Anything's possible, but I don't see a unit having 37/32 offenses let alone a unit having 37/35 offenses. With Edward, you could have someone figure out what his 85% HP, 60% Atk, 60% Spd, 35% Def, and 20% Res would give him in Heroes. If you give him something like 45 HP, 35 Atk, and 35 Spd, he'd only have at most, 43 points remaining for defense and resistance. Below-average defense would have to be <25 defense which if you go with like 23 defense, then he'd have 20 resistance which is still kind of all right since it's not like 14 resistance. With a stat spread like that, you'd basically have Lucina who traded 2 HP for 2 defense. Otherwise, he'd have more HP and equal or more defense that her, but lower resistance.

Well, since we're on this subject, Mia's growth rates in Radiant Dawn is 70% HP, 45% Atk, 65% Spd, 40% Def, and 25% Res. Eh, I don't know, Lyn with flipped defenses and more HP for less resistance? So, something like 40 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 27 Def, and 23 Res? Actually, that would be Navarre if he had less HP for more defense and had a Wo Dao by default instead of needing to inherit it. You could even do something like +Atk, -Def and that would be Navarre with 2 less HP, for 2 more attack.

In Edwards case something like 32 ATK and 37 SPD would be reasonable but Edward hits particularly hard if he doesn't get STR screwed. Ideally he'd have 34/37 offenses with a few more points of HP than Mia but resulting in pitiful defense and resistance but both somewhere in the lower 20s, not really making him extra squishy in either area but still squishy all around.

Let's play around and give them 158 BST each (Fir is 157 so going by that.)

HP - STR - SPD - DEF - RES (In that order)

Edward: 40 / 34 / 37 / 25 / 22

Mia: 38 / 30 / 39 / 27 / 24

I'd be down with these stats. Edward would get a flat 50 ATK with his Caladbolg and Mia would hit 43 with a Wo Dao+ and the +10 Damage which is basically always going to Proc because she doubles everything. A +ATK/-DEF Mia would have 33/39 offenses and a +SPD/-DEF Edward would hit 34/40 which in both cases is monstrous. Their bulk is similar but Mia is a bit sturdier than him despite having lower HP in nearly all cases. If we're subtracting 1 stat for a 157 BST then just take away a point of RES from each unit.

Then again Edward is one of the few Tier 1 units in FE10 which could give him Trainee status effectively giving him higher BST into 160-170 territory and depending on the distribution would probably make him the best sword unit in the game, but I'm being a fanboy at this point so let's keep it realistic.

Either way, I'd love to have them both.

Edited by Zeo

10 hours ago, KongDude said:

Why didn't they use Robert Clotworthy for Laslow? He sounds the same as Liam O'Brien.

I just went and listened to the Black Knight's voice after I saw this post, and you are so right!  He definitely would have been a better choice.  

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

My son likes to play with my Amiibos.  He is now calling the Celica one mommy.  I guess I'm officially Celica now.

Aww, that is so adorable. :):

Starting to think the special maps with 1 and 2 star units will never be swapped out, since everybody they could swap it out for ends up as a sacred seal quest reward. I like to think I've raised a variety of units, but this time around, I've only got Virion primed for his requisite quest so it's quite the laundry list. Last time around, all I had to raise was an oboro. I do have a good nature shanna, +Spd/-Res, so here's the chance to get to work on her.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

..."Defeat an enemy that is level 35 or higher with Virion."

...You cruel, cruel game you. You knew exactly who to pick to make getting those orbs painful, didn't you...

HW6Sn0C.png?1

No, I didn't level up my 4* Virion ahead of time due to knowing that he'd be involved with these quests thanks to the last datamine. I don't know what you're talking about.

Though I suppose the joke's on me since those orbs "helped" me get 3* Draug and 3* Hinata in my quest for Elincia. *sigh*

I'm glad I had a random 4* lvl.20 Virion hanging in my barracks, it made his quest pretty easy. Now the painful one will be grinding the free Shanna to get a Henry for his beautiful G!Tomebreaker. I'd do the Alfonse quest but he's still at 2*, I'm too lazy to even bother training him and I have like 15 Lon'qus on my barracks so there's no need for more Vantage fooder.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

No, I didn't level up my 4* Virion ahead of time due to knowing that he'd be involved with these quests thanks to the last datamine. I don't know what you're talking about.

Though I suppose the joke's on me since those orbs "helped" me get 3* Draug and 3* Hinata in my quest for Elincia. *sigh*

I had forgotten to even check that info from the datamine; I was lucky I had a 2-star Virion sitting around, taking up space. I actually got some use out of my shards and crystals for once. But don't worry, those orbs got me a 3-star Henry, who's available from this anyway. 3.50% pity rate now... can't wait for Seth to break it again...

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I did keep a four-star −Spd Virion. It’s not the starter one (obviously), but getting these five orbs will be easy. Actually levelling up a Shanna is another story.
I eneded up using all my Shannas up for Desperation. Shanna is so good as a fodder.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I had forgotten to even check that info from the datamine; I was lucky I had a 2-star Virion sitting around, taking up space. I actually got some use out of my shards and crystals for once. But don't worry, those orbs got me a 3-star Henry, who's available from this anyway. 3.50% pity rate now... can't wait for Seth to break it again...

I'm at 3.75% myself though I wouldn't be too upset if it's Seth who spooks my rates given he has yet to show up for me Cain has been stalking me lately though. Nah, if anything it'll probably be a duplicate Lyn or Ryoma because the game knows that'd be the outcome that would piss me off the most.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I did keep a four-star −Spd Virion. It’s not the starter one (obviously). but getting these five orbs will be easy. Actually levelling up a Shanna is another story.
I eneded up using all my Shannas up for Desperation. Shanna is so good as a fodder.

I always keep at least one copy of each hero around because I'm a completionist freak just to avoid such problems.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm at 3.75% myself though I wouldn't be too upset if it's Seth who spooks my rates given he has yet to show up for me Cain has been stalking me lately though. Nah, if anything it'll probably be a duplicate Lyn or Ryoma because the game knows that'd be the outcome that would piss me off the most.

I always keep at least one copy of each hero around because I'm a completionist freak just to avoid such problems.

...You have the exact opposite problem that I have. I've had an insane amount of Seths lately, and one Cain period since lauch (and only a 4-star at that). Not that I really want or need any more 5-star sword units right now, since I have like 13 compared to 5-7 for axes and lances. Now if a red mage could break my pity rate instead... probably a 3rd 5-star Tharja that I don't want or need though.

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

...You have the exact opposite problem that I have. I've had an insane amount of Seths lately, and one Cain period since lauch (and only a 4-star at that). Not that I really want or need any more 5-star sword units right now, since I have like 13 compared to 5-7 for axes and lances. Now if a red mage could break my pity rate instead... probably a 3rd 5-star Tharja that I don't want or need though.

Yeah, I kinda just have three spare 4* Cains now and I don't know what to put them towards. Watch it be Cain who torpedoes my hopes of getting Elincia...

Well, now I'm on 5 4* units left to claim. Pity Eirika was the most exciting unit of the bunch (Stahl went straight to Boey, he exceeded my inventory space), but it's still Eirika.

A benefit of getting her after the Fortify Defence seal was released is that I can build her buffset appropriately- Rally Resistance from a Cecilia rather than Rally Defence from an Oboro. This has the unfortunate side effect of making that Oboro completely useless, but hey, I'm not attached to her. Wonder what I'm going to do with it, though...