Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

People complaining about leveling up and using Henry... At least Henry has WTA against greens and greys even though some random green mages, axe fliers, healers, and thieves have high enough resistance to no sell him and at least Henry has a special that uses his high defense. Meanwhile, Matthew who I leveled up before re-rolling training tower was a thing.

If Matthew had Ignis like Felicia having Glacies and Henry having Ignis, then training him from 2* to 4*, level 40 would have been way easier. Matthew's fast and has Poison Strike to help out, but when you're targeting defense and plinking for low to 0 damage, it's rough. You're a bulky tank, but you don't have a special to use your bulk. 21 damage with Ignis by the time you were a 4* would have been really helpful.

Of the units that were noticeably troublesome to level up, it would have to be Draug, Jagen, and Matthew for me. Draug did jack for damage and Brave Sword and Lunge are useless on him, Jagen drops dead to almost anything physical, and Matthew was explained already.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Kaden said:

People complaining about leveling up and using Henry... At least Henry has WTA against greens and greys even though some random green mages, axe fliers, healers, and thieves have high enough resistance to no sell him and at least Henry has a special that uses his high defense. Meanwhile, Matthew who I leveled up before re-rolling training tower was a thing.

If Matthew had Ignis like Felicia having Glacies and Henry having Ignis, then training him from 2* to 4*, level 40 would have been way easier. Matthew's fast and has Poison Strike to help out, but when you're targeting defense and plinking for low to 0 damage, it's rough. You're a bulky tank, but you don't have a special to use your bulk. 21 damage with Ignis by the time you were a 4* would have been really helpful.

Of the units that were noticeably troublesome to level up, it would have to be Draug, Jagen, and Matthew for me. Draug did jack for damage and Brave Sword and Lunge are useless on him, Jagen drops dead to almost anything physical, and Matthew was explained already.

Funnily enough, Henry was easy for me and Matthew gave me little trouble.

The units I hated levelling up (and this wasn't out of necessity) were Clair and Mathilda. The former became a bit easier very late on, where she seemed to be able to take a hit, finally. Mathilda, though, just always seemed to die at the drop of a hat. Even if I pitted her against a sword unit, it felt like it was touch or go as to whether she would survive or not. Not sure if that's just me - they both were only 4*, but it's put me off ever really using them, despite liking them as characters.

I do agree with Jagen, too... But I'm levelling him as 3* currently so might be why. Never had any issues with Draug even before rerolling was a thing.

@tobuShogi

Henry is actually my main Brave Bow Lyn counter after M!Robin. If you can, give him TA2 and then pit him against green mages, if you keep him with G.Tomebreaker, or, even better, give him bowbreaker and set him against daggers and bows. He does well if you do that :) Plus you can use him in the future as a Lyn counter if you keep with him... although he'd be better off at 5* if you do that.

Edited by Cute Chao

I just finished the Sacred Seals quests, and I don't really get why people are making such a big deal out of training Henry. I mean, he doesn't deal a lot of damage normally, but he naturally comes with Ignis, and there's not a lot that survives a proc of that. He's also really good at dealing with bows, and his natural Green tomebreaker means he can deal with green mages decently.

the only unit that was somewhat troubling to train was Lon'que, since he just kept dying to stuff. At least I found a +Atk version lying around somewhere so he can actually kill stuff. Beruka was a matter of trowing her at some lance and axe dudes and waiting half an hour to see everything dead...

I had a virion trained up anyway, so that worked out pretty well. Basicly 5 free orbs for me.

17 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I just finished the Sacred Seals quests, and I don't really get why people are making such a big deal out of training Henry. I mean, he doesn't deal a lot of damage normally, but he naturally comes with Ignis, and there's not a lot that survives a proc of that. He's also really good at dealing with bows, and his natural Green tomebreaker means he can deal with green mages decently.

[...]

Same here, I made +ATK Henry 4*, gave him TA2 and QR2. With Bonfire he would kill neutral BH!Lyn +9 on EP. 

18 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

That requires 2000 feathers and a boatload of SP, especially if you want to give him his raven tome on top of that.

And of course, he doesn't deal with enemies he should be walking over without either outside help or tirelessly arranging fortuitous circumstances. I'd rather train Fiona- at least she has the growths to theoretically damage the priest statue.

(Of course, most of my Henries are -Atk and I'd rather not listen to his voice clips, so I might be biased...)

I'm lazy, I just use my spare crystals to level up characters I don't want to use, like Henry in this case or inheritance fodder, of course I had a spare Henry on 4*, but I would have done the same with a 3*.
I only train characters, which I want to have in my teams (I want to use them anyway).

I have to admit... having the Black Knight in my army feels pretty awesome. 

...Really should have just made his special Eclipse though..

Ok Distant Counter Lance armor where you at? GIVE OSWIN A SPEAR+ AND CALL IT A DAY.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Wow didn’t know Henry had Ignis at 3*

The issue is that with G Tomebreaker and buffs, he still manages to do less than half of the HP of green mages, while getting hit out of G Tomebreaker range on the counter almost instantly. Glowing Ember is an alright skill, but at 3* it does so little damage that he fails to OHKO units he’s supposed to have weapon advantage against.

I rushed with crystals because heck if I’m actually training Henry though. Virion has fliers to feed off of and Lon’qu tends to not get doubled by most things.

@Kaden Matthew has Poison Strike so as long as he does at least 1 damage he can kill most enemies within 2-3 dances. Henry usually tinks green mages anyway.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The issue is that with G Tomebreaker and buffs, he still manages to do less than half of the HP of green mages, while getting hit out of G Tomebreaker range on the counter almost instantly. Glowing Ember is an alright skill, but at 3* it does so little damage that he fails to OHKO units he’s supposed to have weapon advantage against.

I rushed with crystals because heck if I’m actually training Henry though. Virion has fliers to feed off of and Lon’qu tends to not get doubled by most things.

@Kaden Matthew has Poison Strike so as long as he does at least 1 damage he can kill most enemies within 2-3 dances. Henry usually tinks green mages anyway.

Should have built the Virion Godset SMH

Although Virion Godset is fucking expensive

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Virion is lowkey great man

KO’s his foes With Magnificence

Virion have 46 Base HP

DO YOU EVEN REALIZE HOW TERRIFYING THAT IS

Its 1 Higher than fucking Black Knight with HP+3 Seal! Allowing you to run Godly Steady Breath BK with 2 CD Black Luna, and even if you lack Steady Breath you can run QP Black Luna 1 CD, and this is on a character with good offensive specs!

Praise our new god Virion

Meanwhile Bartre is crying for the lack of Urvan. Seriously its kind of funny to think that had Bartre had Urvan, he would probably be better than Bike

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

That requires 2000 feathers and a boatload of SP, especially if you want to give him his raven tome on top of that.

And of course, he doesn't deal with enemies he should be walking over without either outside help or tirelessly arranging fortuitous circumstances. I'd rather train Fiona- at least she has the growths to theoretically damage the priest statue.

(Of course, most of my Henries are -Atk and I'd rather not listen to his voice clips, so I might be biased...)

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

…especially at 3★.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Okay, so maybe I forgot not everyone has a 4* +Atk Henry...

Still, he can deal with archers pretty well, and dagger users have a hard time dealing damage to him, so it's not impossible to train him.

9 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

2,000 Hero Feathers is nothing though, and I do not think you need to even promote him to 4* to complete his quest. Training a unit to level 40 is the easiest part of the game in my opinion. Just bring along two Dancers/Singers and a healer and Henry can easily slaughter things in the Training Tower. Olivia's Hone Attack is more than enough to patch up Henry's low Attack.

There is also a reset button in the Training Tower that you can keep pressing until you get a favorable match up.

7 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Okay, so maybe I forgot not everyone has a 4* +Atk Henry...

Still, he can deal with archers pretty well, and dagger users have a hard time dealing damage to him, so it's not impossible to train him.

Training Tower is a joke, you do not even need him to be +Atk. You can reset the enemy teams until it is in your favor, so training Henry is very doable and easy.

Edited by XRay

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

There is also a reset button in the Training Tower that you can keep pressing until you get a favorable match up.

Training Tower is a joke. You can reset the enemy teams until it is in your favor.

Indeed. My main point was that he can at least win some match ups, so training him and letting him kill lvl 35+ enemies isn't a complete nightmare.

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Indeed. My main point was that he can at least win some match ups, so training him and letting him kill lvl 35+ enemies isn't a complete nightmare.

Besides Infernal Grand Hero Battles, certain Grand Hero Battle quests, and the Arena, most game modes and quests are pretty easy. The Training Tower is not meant to even be difficult in the first place.

WHY ELINCIA. Pulled a 5* Atk+/Hp- Lilina, which is the same nature as the 5* Roy my friend pulled a week ago. If only that M!Corrin was the same. But that's 3 5* reds that weren't Elincia. Looks like My Res+/Hp- Lilina will get merged.

Edited by KongDude

I need to learn to save up orbs when summoning. This time I got nothing but a 4* Selena who has a +Atk -Hp nature, I guess I can save her to try and train her in the far future (as in, if IS says that they'll never release axe Severa).

43 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I need to learn to save up orbs when summoning. This time I got nothing but a 4* Selena who has a +Atk -Hp nature, I guess I can save her to try and train her in the far future (as in, if IS says that they'll never release axe Severa).

Just get annoyed at banners like I do. Nearly 300 orbs saved because the last banner annoyed me xD 

2 more summons today, 4.75% on Crimean banner. Got Caeda and Sthal. No Elincia yet.

I'll need to rush TT to get more orbs before the banner ends. As soon as I get a 5* on this banner I'm not going to summon more from it. I really want Elincia, but if the pity rate breaks, it would be wasting orbs, consider the luck I'm having going after her.

My rate is at the normal percent after pulling Neph and I likely will only hit around 40 orbs when the last day of the Tempest rolls around so I'm not so sure I'll get Elincia. May or may not be saving up or taking a shot at her on the final day.