Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Guys, guys! Reinhardt refers to Ishtar as queen:

iIWO3FZ.jpg

But in no capacity has she ever been one, has she? Reptor was duke of Friege, his son Blume was appointed king of Leonster by Arvis, but I don’t remember Ishtar holding a title.

Maybe it could count as her being titular claimant queen of Leonster (de jure, speaking in CK2 terminology) due to both Blume and his son and heir Ishtore having been killed by Seliph’s and Leif’s insurrection?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

iIWO3FZ.jpg

But in no capacity has she ever been one, has she? Reptor was duke of Friege, his son Blume was appointed king of Leonster by Arvis, but I don’t remember Ishtar holding a title.

Maybe it could count as her being titular claimant queen of Leonster (de jure, speaking in CK2 terminology) due to both Blume and his son and heir Ishtore having been killed by Seliph’s and Leif’s insurrection?

OMIGODHEMENTIONSISHTARWHYWASINOTINFORMED

...Well, I'm going to say long enough with Julius made him think Ishtar warranted a title. (Though why that title isn't Empress is another story...)

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Well, I'm going to say long enough with Julius made him think Ishtar warranted a title. (Though why that title isn't Empress is another story...)

I’m definitely sure they weren’t married, and if they were, it would make her empress-consort, not queen.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m definitely sure they weren’t married, and if they were, it would make her empress-consort, not queen.

If I was in a room with Julius, I'd probably be treating Ishtar as a goddess.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Eh, i don't like Ishtar

Blasphemy.

Julius is the one person in the world on whom your bullshit does not work. If I were Reiny, I'd try to keep him as happy as possible.

Spoiler

(Granted, being so affectionate to Ishtar is what got him killed, but...

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Blasphemy.

Julius is the one person in the world on whom your bullshit does not work. If I were Reiny, I'd try to keep him as happy as possible.

Hide contents

(Granted, being so affectionate to Ishtar is what got him killed, but...

The way Kaga wrote her is just urgh, and i'm pretty sure i brought it up before when i said i don't like Reinhardt for mostly the same reason

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The way Kaga wrote her is just urgh, and i'm pretty sure i brought it up before when i said i don't like Reinhardt for mostly the same reason

I was honestly pretty happy with it. Agree to disagree and hope for a remake that does her justice, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I was honestly pretty happy with it. Agree to disagree and hope for a remake that does her justice, I suppose.

Yeah she really need more dialogue

Its like she and Rein was meant to show FE4's overall theme of "you are all stupid for not being the crusaders despite some of you being decent person", but Reinhardt never really is shown as a decent person(fucking August told you this straight to the face, and FE5 is written with August as the core of the moral viewpoint) while Ishtar's lack of appearance made her morality(of what is shown on screen) about as consistent as Xander

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Spent some time and feathers merging 5* M!Robins with each other. Thanks to the S-Support with myself, he enjoys a +5 HP/+2 every other stat on top of +2 more stats in everything for being a +5 merged M!Robin which, coupled with being +Spd, -Res makes him hit some incredibly good benchmarks. I'm thinking of whaling for Takumi to get him Close Counter to go with Quick Riposte and perhaps Panic Ploy 3, alongside the Distant Def. 1 Seal to give him 35 Def and 25 Res against bows/daggers and tomes/staves (37/27 once I've finally got merged enough of him to a +10). Might also go with Blárblade+ instead of Blárraven+ if this happens.

If Sacred Coins really does upgrade Seals to higher versions of the skill, I could potentially get him to 39 Def and 29 Res (at +5) which would really make him rather tanky against 2R units in general.

Also considering giving him S-Support with PA!Azura because her prf weapon and color syenergize well with M!Robin's. In all cases, I'm giving PA!Azura Drive Attack 2 since I think that will syenergize extremely well with her weapon (+3 bonus in all stats and +3 bonus in Attack within two spaces so +6/3/3/3 further in all stats with some room for positioning to keep those stats alongside +12 to Atk if I'm using the -blade line. and an additional +1 to every stat except HP because he's close enough for to gain the weakened Support Bonuses. And if I equip Swift Sparrow on top of that, he becomes very versatile as an initiator or a baiter, though he does sacrifice countering potential on melee units).

I love the introduction of S-Supports. They enable me to be the change I want to be.

Fun fact: Amelia is the only unit with a Forged Killer weapon that does not come from a game where one can forge weapons.

Granted, Nephenee does not come from a game where you can forge a Killer weapon, but... she does have the Slim Lance and the underflow glitch.

8 hours ago, Hilda said:

I hope to see in the next few weeks the addtion of those inheritable weapons. Not exactly the same but in this direction. I really want Healers and Dagger users to shine again in some form:

Azama.PNG.deb0e16becdba9b77c35a868b06cba0b.PNG

That looks legit at first glance. How dare you!

I was considering a Prism Bow idea. Colorless by itself, but it takes on the color of an adjacent ally. If multiple adjacent allies of different colors, the weapon takes on the most advantageous/least debilitating color. Lets you have an ally who can be another Blue, Green, or Red on the fly. Inferior to a Dancer? Yes to most of the time, but it has its uses still.

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

If I was in a room with Julius, I'd probably be treating Ishtar as a goddess.

Well she is a goddess:

Spoiler

Ancient_Akkadian_Cylindrical_Seal_Depict

latest?cb=20120217050804

Historical relief of her above, with SMT fantasized depiction below. Note the historical Ishtar could be quite ferocious- no passive goddess for sure.

Ms. Goddess of Thunder is very powerful from a gameplay perspective in FE4. Her detractors dislike her I think because she goes along with the child hunts and Julius's other questionable stuff too easily. She's in love with an egotist, and her hopeless love is why she fights at all.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You just noticed this now, lol? One of my friends who likes Reinhardt was complaining about this line so hard because apparently she was never queen. But it seems like some of the Thracia script translations on SF refer to her as queen, unless that was also a mistranslation. He was also a bit salty because apparently Reinhardt is somewhat OOC in Heroes.

I'd never actually properly played Jugdral, so I wouldn't know all of the finer details myself.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

You just noticed this now, lol? One of my friends who likes Reinhardt was complaining about this line so hard because apparently she was never queen. But it seems like some of the Thracia script translations on SF refer to her as queen, unless that was also a mistranslation. He was also a bit salty because apparently Reinhardt is somewhat OOC in Heroes.

I'd never actually properly played Jugdral, so I wouldn't know all of the finer details myself.

i feel like this might be a commonly mistranslated word, cause echoes actually has the same mistake, where the whitewings call minerva their queen once or twice, despite her never being one

13 minutes ago, unique said:

i feel like this might be a commonly mistranslated word, cause echoes actually has the same mistake, where the whitewings call minerva their queen once or twice, despite her never being one

Minerva is the official Queen of Macedon by the timeline of Gaiden and Echoes

Queen Ishtar is probably just because she is Julius' lover and Reinhardt really admires her. She's as good as a queen to him, even if she technically isn't yet, is how I interpreted it. 

Except in the to Thracia script translations on SF, in chapter 4 Manfroy referred to Ishtar as "queen" as well.

https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/scripts/script-translation/chapter-4-the-dungeon/

Scroll down to the end.

Anyone who knows enough Japanese, what are the kanji for "princess" and "queen" because I can't recall if they were the same or not. Unless I was badly mistaken, I think they could've been the same.

Fred also refers to Ishtar as "queen" in chapter 11 according to the SF script translations.

https://serenesforest.net/thracia-776/scripts/script-translation/chapter-11-dandrum-fortress/

Near the top.

Edited by Sunwoo

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Minerva is the official Queen of Macedon by the timeline of Gaiden and Echoes

really? they still call her a princess in fe3/12, and her ending says that she "renounced her claim to the throne", implying she never becomes queen

maybe i'm missing something though i'm not too knowledgable on archanea stuff

4 minutes ago, unique said:

really? they still call her a princess in fe3/12, and her ending says that she "renounced her claim to the throne", implying she never becomes queen

maybe i'm missing something though i'm not too knowledgable on archanea stuff

The Japanese version only refers to her as "Minerva-sama" actually

I wonder what happened that we haven't got any new info on october events, yet. Am I just impatient? Granted, I totally am for the sacred coins (I hate collecting stuff without knowing what it's for), but I also wouldn't mind seeing what october has in stock for us...

3 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I wonder what happened that we haven't got any new info on october events, yet. Am I just impatient? Granted, I totally am for the sacred coins (I hate collecting stuff without knowing what it's for), but I also wouldn't mind seeing what october has in stock for us...

My guess is since tt just ended

57 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Anyone who knows enough Japanese, what are the kanji for "princess" and "queen" because I can't recall if they were the same or not. Unless I was badly mistaken, I think they could've been the same.

This might answer your question:

Heron Queen?

(NA version only)

In Part 3 Endgame, Tibarn refers to Lillia as the “Heron Queen”, but she was referred to as a princess in Path of Radiance. “Heron Queen” was a mistranslation and should have been “Heron Princess”—”Queen” and “Princess” are easy to mix up in Japanese.