Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Would've gone for Ayra or Bridget if they were in it, though. Hopefully they'll be added before long, along with the rest of the FE guys -.-

Ayra is present in the trailer, she’s standing on one of the maps. It’s reasonable to expect her being a tempest reward not unlike the Black Knight.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Actually isn't Ayra the very first Swordmaster?

I do believe so, FE3 was all Mercenaries/Swordfighters/Whatever they were called there (as I'm sure you of all people would know).

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Why do I expect anything other than a three person, female weighted banner? I suppose I had my hopes up after the awesome performing arts banner -.- What do they have against adding new characters these days?

However, there's no way I'm not pulling for Sigurd. He's one of my favourite lords, and I love his design and voice :)

No interest in the females chosen. Would've gone for Ayra or Bridget if they were in it, though. Hopefully they'll be added before long, along with the rest of the FE guys -.-

Ayra looks to be in as well, probably as a Tempest Trial reward. Which is probably even better, since there's an even greater chance of getting Sigurd too instead of duplicate Ayras!

On a personal note, they'd better have Brigid/Bridget in as herself and not Eyvel from FE5. We need the original legendary bow user who's not named Jeorge as her true self, not as another infantry sword unit.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Ayra is present in the trailer, she’s standing on one of the maps. It’s reasonable to expect her being a tempest reward not unlike the Black Knight.

At least there's that :D

Still annoyed over yet another three person banner >.< I was really hoping for Quan, but anyone would've been nice. The fun of this game is pulling for me, so three person banners are so lame -.-

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I do believe so, FE3 was all Mercenaries/Swordfighters/Whatever they were called there (as I'm sure you of all people would know).

Ayra looks to be in as well, probably as a Tempest Trial reward. Which is probably even better, since there's an even greater chance of getting Sigurd too instead of duplicate Ayras!

On a personal note, they'd better have Brigid/Bridget in as herself and not Eyvel from FE5. We need the original legendary bow user who's not named Jeorge as her true self, not as another infantry sword unit.

Its Merc Hero yeah

You know what is even more absurd? apparently the first Fighter -> Warrior was Alm

EDIT: Fighter -> Hero apparently

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I like her enough that I'd like them both in :D I always liked her character, both as Bridget and Eyvel :D

Though from now on, I'm just going to think all banners will be two females one male to avoid any more disappointment. Looks like it'll take a long time for my favourites (mostly male) to be added with this in mind >.<

At least there's Sigurd. And he's looking good :D

5 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I was really hoping for Quan, but anyone would've been nice. The fun of this game is pulling for me, so three person banners are so lame -.-

Three person banners are lame indeed. What was wrong with four?

It’s not like there is a shortage of characters in the series to add.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Nevermind that

WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN HARDIN BANNER EXIST WITH ONLY HARDIN WOLF AND ROSHEA

MY DREAM

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Its Merc Hero yeah

You know what is even more absurd? apparently the first Fighter -> Warrior was Alm

Ah, the fun of early FE classes. Poor Creidne (which appears to be an actual reference to mythology, unlike her old name of Radney) is quite literally the unsung Hero of her time. Was there a reason that she had a different promotion than Larcei? Is there a special backstory reason for her life choices? As with most SNES FE characters, we may never know.

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I like her enough that I'd like them both in :D I always liked her character, both as Bridget and Eyvel :D

Though from now on, I'm just going to think all banners will be two females one male to avoid any more disappointment. Looks like it'll take a long time for my favourites (mostly male) to be added with this in mind >.<

At least there's Sigurd. And he's looking good :D

I like the headband.

I never said I had a good reason for liking her FE4 version more.

Also I just like archers, so more archers are never a bad thing to me, especially when they can introduce legendary weapons.

The weird thing is, wouldn't a two female/one male banner be a bad idea for making them last longer? I remember someone else mentioning a while ago that a lot of FE games have more guys than girls (Shadows of Valentia being a recent example), so adding girls faster than guys seems... bad? It's a weird strategy when looking at the long-term.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ah, the fun of early FE classes. Poor Creidne (which appears to be an actual reference to mythology, unlike her old name of Radney) is quite literally the unsung Hero of her time. Was there a reason that she had a different promotion than Larcei? Is there a special backstory reason for her life choices? As with most SNES FE characters, we may never know.

I like the headband.

Also I just like archers, so more archers are never a bad thing to me, especially when they can introduce legendary weapons.

The weird thing is, wouldn't a two female/one male banner be a bad idea for making them last longer? I remember someone else mentioning a while ago that a lot of FE games have more guys than girls (Shadows of Valentia being a recent example), so adding girls faster than guys seems... bad? It's a weird strategy when looking at the long-term.

Before Shiva, the only Swordmaster in Jugdral Saga are related to Isaac Royal Family, with a certain someone being justified as an SM despite not being related to Isaac but kinda is. You know the one

Honestly to some extent you can argue Radney is proto Machua

And then theres a certain guy who is canonically Isaac Royals but isn't SM, but that guy works as a mercenary and had even more justification for not being SM

tl;dr Isaac Royal family = Swordmaster

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Before Shiva, the only Swordmaster in Jugdral Saga are related to Isaac Royal Family, with a certain someone being justified as an SM despite not being related to Isaac but kinda is. You know the one

Honestly to some extent you can argue Radney is proto Machua

My original post actually had Machyua instead, but I double checked just in case, and then I remembered Creidne. Considering there are the other unused Gen 2/Substitute character portraits in Thracia, I kinda wonder if Machyua actually was Creidne at first, and then just slightly changed to make her a new character.

On a completely unrelated note, I really want Shannam to be added. Perhaps in a banner with Marty, to keep all the best Thracia units together?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know, especially now we're getting a Seasonal Banner every month and they've cut back on GHBs...

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I like the headband.

Yup, this is what concerns me. Since most of my favourite characters are male, it feels like they'll possibly never be added. I mean, the PoR banner could've easily had Geoffrey, who is one of my favourites... or Kieran, who I like but isn't an all time favourite (but could be someone else's).

So far, they have had no male weighted banners, although the majority of TT and GHB have been male, tbf.... but, again, there are more male characters overall so it makes sense -.-

And any reason for liking one more than the other is fine, even if it is just a headband xD

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I know, especially now we're getting a Seasonal Banner every month and they've cut back on GHBs...

And given that I always ignore the seasonals as rehashes and recycles, yeah. We only get so many new characters that haven’t been featured in the game. I mean, there were around 700 entries in the CYL poll. When we add the five newcomers, it’s 160 unique characters we have as playable now (counting both Tikis as unique).

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think most TT and GHB units are males, so that somewhat evens it out. It also means we need to pull for female units, while a good portion of new males are free, which doesn't sound like a terrible buisness case (keeping in mind that they do add guys to the summoning pool).

I'm not sure what I think about this though. I like female character more on average, but my all time favorites are mostly guys...

Also sad they didn't include Lex. I mean, I knew it was unlikely, but still. With everyone who is left, there's a good chance he won't even be included in the next Genology banner, whenever that is :(

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And given that I always ignore the seasonals as rehashes and recycles, yeah. We only get so many new characters that haven’t been featured in the game. I mean, there were around 700 entries in the CYL poll. When we add the five newcomers, it’s 160 unique characters we have as playable now (counting both Tikis as unique).

I suppose Charlotte and Shigure can be counted as new, since their originals aren't in the game... and Inigo, if you count him as unique to Laslow.

But yup, the joy of this game is pulling and training new characters, but they're seriously cut back since the SoV stuff. It's really disappointing. I mean, I'm never going to stop playing the game, since it's Fire Emblem, but they've done so much right previously that I don't understand why they're now doing this.

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I suppose Charlotte and Shigure can be counted as new, since their originals aren't in the game... and Inigo, if you count him as unique to Laslow.

I think I counted them, even though these are not Charlotte, not Shigure, and not Inigo for me.

i expected quan and ethlyn to be in this banner, but i guess not. i guess the tharcia776 banner has to come up first with leif, nanna, quan an maybe asvel. after that another genealogy banner with quan, ethlyn, not sure about the last one. plus travant GHB

Edited by silveraura25

Finally! I'd love to get all three but with only 190 orbs I don't have high hopes, so I'm gonna pull reds mainly and no greens unless I get both Sigurd and Tiltyu: the former seems busted and I love him and I prefer the latter to Deirdre. I'm not sure Deirdre is gonna powercreep her daughter too hard btw. And I'm happy Ayra got in as as well and not in a banner, though I was expecting Quand, Ethlin or Lewyn to be the 4th bonus units (seriously, why only 3? adding more characters means you satisfy more fans and there are more characters for whales to whale for, so what is it iwth 3 characters banners?). I'm eager to see the statlines... Also Arvis GHB hype!

EDIT: oh crap wrong thread sorry...

Edited by Koumal8

Really excited about this banner. Going to pull Sigurd, kudos if I manage to get Deirdre though.

Now I was at this * to say Tailtiu was a possible addition as I thought they might add Blaggi Tower with Claude and Tailtiu. Surprising that they gave her Blárblade+, I was expecting Thoron+ or a unique Thoron with -1 CD or something for her. This lifts up the question about who will be the other two mages to get Raudhrrblade+ and Gronnblade+. Plus now we have more Blárblade fodder.

Also, Ayra for next TT reward? Aideen and Dew are missing on Deirdre's Forest :(.

Stat and skillwise, Deirdre is an extra Rein counter, but on the swarm of ever living reds, she'll struggle a bit. Sigurd looks really good, not broken, but super solid.