Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I would like to point this out, but isn't the leak wrong about the banner? After all, it did say that there would be a Geneolgy of the holy war banner, but that it had 5 units, not 3 units.

It's possible that there was some sort of misunderstanding such as it being reported as having 5 new units based on the Paralogue featuring five units but one being Ayra from a TT and one being Arvis from a GHB.

The leak got enough right to be a safe bet as legit. Personally, I didn't even hear the "5 units on FE4 banner" claim until much later than the rest of it, so I wonder if that's even what the leaker said in the first place.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Yeah I also missed the part where they said they were going to add 5 characters on the banner, but these 3 plus Arvis and Ayra make sense.

I do wish they don't cut off the Genealogy "theme" as fast as how Tellius lasted. It'd be cool if they actually add them in the same manner as of SoV in which we actually felt a theme on the game, and not just feel they threw a random banner to add representation on Heroes' roster.

That said, I wonder if they'll suspend Genealogy and add a Warriors theme, but we'll see.

Edited by Quintessence

as much as i hate to say it, sorry guys, there will be no armored alvis. this is due to the fact that the newest batch of characters are from the first generation of genealogy. armored alvis only appeared as an armored unit in gen 2, he was a sage in gen1. so basically, plain old infantry mage

Edited by silveraura25

Whoa, okay, so this is kinda crazy (and cements the fact that I'm going for Tailtiu above all else).

Less than a week ago, I found out that Raven and Hector share voice actors with Adol and Dogi from the Ys series, which is a series that I love. I also found out that Ninian/Est and Eirika/Katarina share VAs with two of the new main characters from Ys VIII. So, I started thinking, "I wonder how well I could make a team based solely on Ys VAs?"

I decided to look up if anyone from Heroes also voiced Elena or Chester Stoddart from Ys III/Oath in Felghana, since that's my favorite of the Ys games, but I couldn't find anything for sure.

Turns out, according to "Behind the Voice Actors", the English voice of Tailtiu? She was the one who voiced Elena Stoddart.

So, yeah, I already wanted Tailtiu, but now I need her. That coincidence is just too weird and perfect. And I also need Raven still, but that's beside the point (I can hope for him if I get Tailtiu in time to go for Deirdre).

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

as much as i hate to say it, sorry guys, there will be no armored alvis. this is due to the fact that the newest batch of characters are from the first generation of genealogy. armored alvis only appeared as an armored unit in gen 2, he was a sage in gen1. so basically, plain old infantry mage

They've taken liberties with things like that before (Raven and Lucius never used their Heroes weapon until promotion, but they still use their base class designs, etc.), so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I kinda hope he's not an armored mage anyway though, since I'd like to actually want to use him outside of the monthly armored quests.

5 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I would like to point this out, but isn't the leak wrong about the banner? After all, it did say that there would be a Geneolgy of the holy war banner, but that it had 5 units, not 3 units.

As I said yesterday, "apparently". I still had my doubts. There are fake Favaro accounts on 4ch that most likely did it to stir things up. 

@silveraura25I think it would be best to wait for the data to be datamined before confirming or deconfirming stuff. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

As I said yesterday, "apparently". I still had my doubts. There are fake Favaro accounts on 4ch that most likely did it to stir things up. 

@silveraura25I think it would be best to wait for the data to be datamined before confirming or deconfirming stuff. 

i guess so. wonder what the next banner will be?

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

i guess so. wonder what the next banner will be?

The datamine would also give us Ayra's stats and skills as well as what kind of unit Arvis truly is in FEH. As for the next main banner, many are hoping for an actual Halloween banner. Both the FE4 banner and the PA banner end in the same day and we'll most likely get another skill banner right after the Takumi banner ends. We should be hearing about the next main banner around the 28th. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

so the PA banner ends on the 22nd so does that mean that a Halloween banner will come after it I wonder?  That would be a pretty good time for one since it would start a week before Halloween and could go through the week Halloween is in and include Day of the Dead (a big thing in Mexico and along the border).   

I sure hope Tailtiu gets decent stats at least... Her base skills are far from bad, but compared to Deirdre and Sigurd, she certainly seems lacking. Hopefully she ends up being another Oscar, with very solid stats to make up for a merely okay base kit.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

so the PA banner ends on the 22nd so does that mean that a Halloween banner will come after it I wonder?  That would be a pretty good time for one since it would start a week before Halloween and could go through the week Halloween is in and include Day of the Dead (a big thing in Mexico and along the border).   

It seems very possible, I'd say. It would be starting very close to the actual day of Halloween (while it would've ended right before it if the PA banner was a Halloween banner instead). I'm mostly indifferent about the idea of a Halloween banner without knowing the characters or stats, but it seems like something people want, so I would be surprised if they don't do one at all.

Yeah I don't really care about one unless they put someone like Kaze or Priam in it but I was trying to figure out when a Halloween banner could happen and that looks to be the best bet.

5 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

PA banner ends on the 30th. Just before Halloween. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I just had an email from Nintendo about FE:H that said it was ending on the 22nd and the banner says it has 16 days left in game.  I guess the email messed up.

I feel kind of bad, so many people want a Halloween banner and/or really like Halloween. And I haven't really given a shit about Halloween for as long as I can remember, probably not even as a kid.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I feel kind of bad, so many people want a Halloween banner and/or really like Halloween. And I haven't really given a shit about Halloween for as long as I can remember, probably not even as a kid.

Eh, I feel the same. Halloween lost its magic for me a long while ago. I was glad to see a dancer banner instead, and I would not complain if we got two new regular banners next month instead of a special. A lot of people seem to want it though, so I don't know if IS would be willing to pass up the opportunity for the money it would probably make them.

Halloween is cool just because it's another opportunity to see some pretty awesome high quality cosplay if you're into that. Seeing a state of the art Master Chief or Iron Man armor set is pretty beast, the magic and whatnot disappears when you aren't a kid anymore though. It's not even great for sweets. The real time to get that is after Halloween when all those assortment packs are 80% off.

Oh the days when I didn't have teeth issues...

Oh yeah staying on topic... Sigurd is broken and can tank Reinhardt. Yeah, yeah.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

I sure hope Tailtiu gets decent stats at least... Her base skills are far from bad, but compared to Deirdre and Sigurd, she certainly seems lacking. Hopefully she ends up being another Oscar, with very solid stats to make up for a merely okay base kit.

It seems very possible, I'd say. It would be starting very close to the actual day of Halloween (while it would've ended right before it if the PA banner was a Halloween banner instead). I'm mostly indifferent about the idea of a Halloween banner without knowing the characters or stats, but it seems like something people want, so I would be surprised if they don't do one at all.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I had mentioned back when everyone was complaining that the Performing Arts banner was not a Halloween banner that the timing of the Performing Arts banner ending would make the banner that starts when it ends have its characters as Arena bonus heroes exactly over Halloween.

Considering that the Spring Festival banner had its characters as Arena bonus heroes falling exactly over Easter, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that they'd time this one perfectly as well.

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I had mentioned back when everyone was complaining that the Performing Arts banner was not a Halloween banner that the timing of the Performing Arts banner ending would make the banner that starts when it ends have its characters as Arena bonus heroes exactly over Halloween.

Considering that the Spring Festival banner had its characters as Arena bonus heroes falling exactly over Easter, it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that they'd time this one perfectly as well.

Yeah, I remembered that discussion. It would honestly make more sense than the alternative, which I imagine is their thought process as well.

Out of curiosity, since you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this subject: when making the growth rates/overall stats for characters in Heroes, do they normally resemble their growth rates in their original game, or their base stats on recruitment? Or a combination/case-by-case basis? I'm trying to predict what kind of stat spread Tailtiu might have, but her Def/Res spread is very different between her base stats and growth rates.

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Out of curiosity, since you seem to be the most knowledgeable about this subject: when making the growth rates/overall stats for characters in Heroes, do they normally resemble their growth rates in their original game, or their base stats on recruitment? Or a combination/case-by-case basis? I'm trying to predict what kind of stat spread Tailtiu might have, but her Def/Res spread is very different between her base stats and growth rates.

It varies. Some characters line up almost perfectly, but some are rather different.

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The timing is a little too perfect for it. It would be strange if they don't do it at all. 

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

It varies. Some characters line up almost perfectly, but some are rather different.

Alright, I won't worry that much about it then. I'll just have to wait until whenever the next datamine happens to know for sure. Since they gave us a trailer earlier this time compared to the last few banners, I wonder if they'll send out the update sooner as well, maybe even immediately after the VG.

30 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, I won't worry that much about it then. I'll just have to wait until whenever the next datamine happens to know for sure. Since they gave us a trailer earlier this time compared to the last few banners, I wonder if they'll send out the update sooner as well, maybe even immediately after the VG.

Iirc Tiltyu's only boon was her skl, probably res and average magic? She's squishy and slow so I expect her to have Delthea levels of def, Julia levels of spd, average HP and high atk and res.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Iirc Tiltyu's only boon was her skl, probably res and average magic? She's squishy and slow so I expect her to have Delthea levels of def, Julia levels of spd, average HP and high atk and res.

So ... a blue Sanaki?

Just now, Quintessence said:

Her Speed is one of her best Heroes-relevant growths actually, and since her other two best growths were Skill and Luck, I suspect they may compromise and just lump those together with her Speed for the sake of Heroes. Magic and Res are both meh for growths (20% and 10% respectively, the latter of which is tied with her Def in growth), but pretty high in her base stats, so that would depend on which they'd rather base it off of. Her HP is also a pretty high 60% growth, tied with Skill for her highest, but most characters have high HP in Genealogy, so that's not especially notable. Although Seliph and Julia also have pretty high HP in Heroes, so that may be a returning trend for these characters as well. I feel like she may be a mix between Linde and Tharja: strong Spd, mixed but overall low Def and Res (with slightly higher Res between the two stats), and probably trading some Atk for extra HP. Especially since she's a -blade mage at base, she could be fine with sparing some Atk.