Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Camus and Xander still didnt make it back with an Infernal mode...

On the topic of GHB, besides Camus and Xander, what's GHB haven't been rerun yet? The only ones that I can think of are Ursula and Zephiel.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

5 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

On the topic of GHB, besides Camus and Xander, what's GHB haven't been rerun yet? The only ones that I can think of are Ursula and Zephiel.

Zephial was rerun, but without an Infernal difficulty. In that regard would be nice to rerun him too with Infernal Difficulty. i am really not sure what the hold up is on those GHB -_- its like SI is stalling until they know what to do with Horse Emblem or so

Edited by Hilda

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Valter, Berkut, and (I think) Navarre are the only units that haven’t gotten a rerun yet, other than Camus and Xander. Everyone else has.

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

no no no i really like to have a break now and then for TT max 1 mini TT per month. I'd rather see more Grand hero battles, i would like to have 2 GHB per months at least. Camus and Xander still didnt make it back with an Infernal mode...

GHB are always welcome, but I'd prefer some new units over infernal reruns. 

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Valter, Berkut, and (I think) Navarre are the only units that haven’t gotten a rerun yet, other than Camus and Xander. Everyone else has.

Navarre was one of the first two (F!Robin being the other) who got a re-run though he does have yet to be re-run with an Infernal version of his map. Ursula, Michalis and Zephiel also haven’t gotten Infernal maps yet.

Part of me wonders if the Voting Gauntlet should be scrapped and replaced by a gauntlet similar to the Tempest Trials. By that, I mean you still join a team and vote, but this time your votes are done by completing a series of fights, a gauntlet, with teams made up of you, someone on your friend's list, and a random teammate. It should probably be like the TT where you can continue on if your team dies and using the team leader could be like using a bonus unit, so they get boosted stats. On the last map would be the boss of the opposing team, so if you're on team Marth and he's matched with Roy, then Roy shows up as the boss. To stop this from being the trials, but in a different name, the flags could be used as entry tickets like the Dueling Swords. For example, you get 3 a day and 3 more from daily quests, so you can vote 6 times a day or whatever. That would stop the whole "I can't be awake or available all the time and during whatever multiplier, so I can't score points to good rankings for feathers". Essentially, TT + regular Arena. In this case, it should probably be limited to four at most people to choose to support. Six people might be a problem since it would spread things out too much. Two and three people might be ideal like Abel vs. Cain or Eliwood vs. Hector vs. Lyn.

I don't know, but when I see the word gauntlet in Voting Gauntlet, I think of gauntlet in games where you go through a series of battles to get rewards and stuff or prove your skill like Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals or Ratchet & Clank's tournament thingies, which kind of happens with the current Voting Gauntlet. It's just that the Voting Gauntlet has been quite divisive and it's not fun. Then again, I don't like the TT, but there's still incentive and a challenge to figure out what unit to use to counter the boss while going through a series of battles, but the Voting Gauntlet is just do a battle every 30 minutes if you can, try to use flags during multipliers, and tough it out until the end for feathers and the after-Voting Gauntlet rewards of more feathers and 10 orbs. Grinding through the TT progresses you with rewards and you can do it whenever you have free time while a TT is up which is in my opinion better than grinding hours on end for only one kind of reward, feathers, every two days for six days.

Edit: Six or more could work if they do teams like Team Hoshido vs. Team Nohr.

Edited by Kaden

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Part of me wonders if the Voting Gauntlet should be scrapped and replaced by a gauntlet similar to the Tempest Trials. By that, I mean you still join a team and vote, but this time your votes are done by completing a series of fights, a gauntlet, with teams made up of you, someone on your friend's list, and a random teammate. It should probably be like the TT where you can continue on if your team dies and using the team leader could be like using a bonus unit, so they get boosted stats. On the last map would be the boss of the opposing team, so if you're on team Marth and he's matched with Roy, then Roy shows up as the boss. To stop this from being the trials, but in a different name, the flags could be used as entry tickets like the Dueling Swords. For example, you get 3 a day and 3 more from daily quests, so you can vote 6 times a day or whatever. That would stop the whole "I can't be awake or available all the time and during whatever multiplier, so I can't score points to good rankings for feathers". Essentially, TT + regular Arena. In this case, it should probably be limited to four at most people to choose to support. Six people might be a problem since it would spread things out too much. Two and three people might be ideal like Abel vs. Cain or Eliwood vs. Hector vs. Lyn.

I don't know, but when I see the word gauntlet in Voting Gauntlet, I think of gauntlet in games where you go through a series of battles to get rewards and stuff or prove your skill like Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals or Ratchet & Clank's tournament thingies, which kind of happens with the current Voting Gauntlet. It's just that the Voting Gauntlet has been quite divisive and it's not fun. Then again, I don't like the TT, but there's still incentive and a challenge to figure out what unit to use to counter the boss while going through a series of battles, but the Voting Gauntlet is just do a battle every 30 minutes if you can, try to use flags during multipliers, and tough it out until the end for feathers and the after-Voting Gauntlet rewards of more feathers and 10 orbs. Grinding through the TT progresses you with rewards and you can do it whenever you have free time while a TT is up which is in my opinion better than grinding hours on end for only one kind of reward, feathers, every two days for six days.

Edit: Six or more could work if they do teams like Team Hoshido vs. Team Nohr.

I like this Idea, but if those Voting Gauntlet mini TT runs are anything remotly challenging a random "Fuck you unit" could ruin your entire run. I'd rather have them give me the option to pick 3 Spotlight Chars from my Friendlist, so the Team can SOMEWHAT syergyze. Obviously there should be an option for Random character search, that you can use but delcine if you dont want that character from a random person. They could built it up like TT with different difficultys with the highest difficulty giving the most votes!

This is really interesting because it places you outside of the box from your familiar characters and actually gives you the chance to maybe run a Team you never ran before with a very different setup!

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

It just dawned to me now, but IS is trying to shift the meta or do damage control.
I mean just look at it and think about it. When the game Released the most prominent and opressing Hereos were Ryoma/Takumi and especially Hector. With Skill Inheritance those 3 became even more popular and opressiv. Weapons like Firesweep Bow and Firesweep Lance got released, Stuff like Windsweep was introduced. We havent seen one Armored unit release for a Banner until Amelia. Zephiel granted was released in April as a GHB and added another Armored unit but IS prolly went into damage control by not releasing too powerfull Armored units...
At the same time the Litrblade wave was comeing in full force with Reinhardt and Horse emblems rising up only further encouraged by excellent GHB rewards in the form of Xander and Camus. But they have stoped releasing any form of Tome user on a Horse... Damage Control, instead they are clusterfucking us with Melee Horse units. And 2 months ago they started to release units that could counter that same Meta in the Form of B!Ike/Blyn(while Blyn made the whole Horse emblem thing worse...). Armored Units were a footnote and not considered a threat anymore BAM they come with Black Knight, a Powerhouse but limited in merging.
They are clearly still trying to Balance the whole Litrblade/magicusers/Reinhardt thing and have started to tackle on the oppressiv presence of Blyn, Bravebow/Braveweapon users with the new Seals and with Sigurd.
They have been releasing very powerfull Infantery unit only Skills so Infantery/Melee units, especially melees can catch up on the meta. Infantery pulse, Wrath 3, Steady Breath, Drive skills etc. 

I mean this could be a reason why Camus and Xander reruns werent released yet. you would potentially see +3 Xanders and Camus with reward from quest and Infernal mode.

OR they just dont give a s***

@Hilda Yeah I think it’s more that IS didn’t realize how good Distant Counter melee horse was in general, especially with how well-distributed Xander and Camus’s stats are. At the time of release, Fury Xander had a comparable defensive spread to some armored units, while also packing 3 Mov and a Distant Counter weapon. Those two units were honestly way ahead of the ball and I think IS might be waiting for a meta shift before making more merges for them available. Free Goad Cavalry is also another consideration.

Maybe IS really doesn’t care about when Camus and Xander are rereleased, but I don’t think choosing to rerun Narcian and Female Robin twice before doing every other Grand Hero Battle at least once is a coincidence.

Edited by MrSmokestack

That reminds me, Navarre still needs an infernal mode and I am not looking forward to going through that forest of daggers anytime soon...

But yeah IS have been making shifts in the metagame slowly (or attempted to anyway). For example, Sacred Stones banner gave us units/skills that would help the armour movement weakness with Guidance and Armor March. I remember the first SoV banner had the guerilla tactic skills like Windsweep and Firesweep bow. Alm's army banner had the Ridersbane and Zanbato, even though they weren't really effective checks to Horse Emblem.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

That reminds me, Navarre still needs an infernal mode and I am not looking forward to going through that forest of daggers anytime soon...

Daggers are like the least threatening enemy type though. The only way you could make Navarre's Infernal difficult is by limiting or removing Brave Bow cheese via Deflect Missile. Using Poison Daggers over the Rogue and Silver Daggers, and Rehabilitate over Physic would be nice touches too. And even then, you could still beat it pretty easily with Armor Emblem. You know, immune to Poison and all that.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Daggers are like the least threatening enemy type though. The only way you could make Navarre's Infernal difficult is by limiting or removing Brave Bow cheese via Deflect Missile. Using Poison Daggers over the Rogue and Silver Daggers, and Rehabilitate over Physic would be nice touches too. And even then, you could still beat it pretty easily with Armor Emblem. You know, immune to Poison and all that.

Yeah that's true, I just remember that rerun gave me a hard time because I didn't have any good armours back then.

I guess now it would be better with units like the Black Knight. I just remember the placement and how the enemy moved was very specific.

Kind of curious what extra unit they'll add to the mix to make things trickier.

Actually, now I'm scared what they'll add for the Ursula Infernal. Something anti-Hector I suppose

Edited by mcsilas

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Rafiel's Aria I finished my remaining CCs yesterday, 11/12 were the crown. A good feeling, but now there is not much left to do now until tomorrow ...

And I managed to beat the final paralogue CC as well. Gah. I kind of hate and love those things. Like I love the challenge and being forced to use characters in new ways, but I hate essentially wasting 30 stamina every time I make a stupid mistake because I usually can't recover from those. ESPECIALLY on the turn limit maps.

All I have left is the final Squad Assault which should bring me up to 97 orbs. I almost beat it last night without much trouble, but I made a stupid mistake, and these maps are even more unforgiving. lol I'll try again later when I have more patience.

55 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Looks like the update's out. So excited to see the stats! And hopefully the artwork for Ayra and Arvis!

Hm? I couldn't download it, and I don't see any word on it anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hm? I couldn't download it, and I don't see any word on it anywhere else.

Really? Weird. I got a similar update yesterday actually, so maybe something messed up a bit on my end. I'll clear some space on my device just in case.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

I like this Idea, but if those Voting Gauntlet mini TT runs are anything remotly challenging a random "Fuck you unit" could ruin your entire run. I'd rather have them give me the option to pick 3 Spotlight Chars from my Friendlist, so the Team can SOMEWHAT syergyze. Obviously there should be an option for Random character search, that you can use but delcine if you dont want that character from a random person. They could built it up like TT with different difficultys with the highest difficulty giving the most votes!

This is really interesting because it places you outside of the box from your familiar characters and actually gives you the chance to maybe run a Team you never ran before with a very different setup!

Yeah, three people teams wouldn't be a good idea for gauntlet runs. Four people teams could be your unit, two friend units, and a random or your unit, one friend unit, and two randoms. The friend's list isn't all that useful other than for cheesing Voting Gauntlet battles with level 1 units, knowing what units could appear with you during Voting Gauntlets, or seeing what your friends are up to. You can't even duel your friend's teams just for fun or whatever. Anyway, I digress.

Something about GHBs I've been thinking about is that I think revivals should have 2 or more going on at the same time like with the first revival with Navarre and F!Robin, except not as extreme with the quests. Alternatively, they could have a GHB revival run alongside a new GHB. For example, Arvis's GHB is introduced and Berkut's runs alongside it. Granted, every GHB before Legion and except for Lloyd, Narcian, and F!Robin needs to be given infernal difficulties, so the developers have to work on that while creating new content, but whenever revivals happen, it feels like there isn't much going on. The strategies were figured out, maybe variations are given to fit quest requirements, but that's pretty much it. New players will experience them differently since they're starting out, but they would have resources to help them out unlike with a new GHB where nobody knows what to really do until they do it and that's the fun and challenge of new GHBs.

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Really? Weird. I got a similar update yesterday actually, so maybe something messed up a bit on my end. I'll clear some space on my device just in case.

Yeah, I didn't get any updates yesterday either so it sounds like it's something on your end.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I didn't get any updates yesterday either so it sounds like it's something on your end.

That would probably explain it. At least we should have the actual update within the next 6-7 hours, since that's when the reset hits; I just really, really need to know whether to prioritize Tailtiu or Deirdre. And I need to see Ayra's artwork, done by Miwabe Sakura again because IS hates my favorite Genealogy characters.

45 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

And I need to see Ayra's artwork, done by Miwabe Sakura again because IS hates my favorite Genealogy characters.

I must have felt a great disturbance in the Force because of your comment, because it made me wake up even though I wasn’t supposed to yet.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I must have felt a great disturbance in the Force because of your comment, because it made me wake up even though I wasn’t supposed to yet.

I'm glad that even fate itself agrees with me. I'm sorry to have called you from your slumber early, though; now you too have to consciously wait for the new banner to arrive.

Or you could go back to sleep, I guess. And leave me alone in my painful anticipation.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Or you could go back to sleep, I guess. And leave me alone in my painful anticipation.

Yeah, I can’t abandon you now. We will stand together, bracing for the impact of the news, whenever it comes.