• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Arden is as far away as you can get of a villain lol. Hes the first and only armor knight in fe4 who is written by Kaga as a meme character. Hes basically only here for the meme

Hannibal says hi. Don't tell me people skip him, I like Silvia too much to have that happen to her son...

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Nope. The only armour in Gen I of Genealogy. He's... a good guy at heart that only wants a wife, but he'll never get one because he sucks.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Arden is Genealogy’s Draug, except very slow.

Just now, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Arden is as far away as you can get of a villain lol. Hes the first and only armor knight in fe4 who is written by Kaga as a meme character. Hes basically only here for the meme

Oh, alright, cool. He looks like a fun unit at least, with that monster def. Is Zephiel literally dead now between BK and Arden? Zephiel still had the niche as the more tanky red armor over BK, but now Arden looks to take that spot pretty well. I even saw some Zephiels running Brave Sword which he comes with naturally.

8 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Who is Arden? Judging by the art, a villain? Sorry, I don't know anything about FE4.

Nope, pretty much the exact opposite; he's a lovable goof that has a terrible reputation for being an armor unit in a game with the biggest maps of the entire series. He's mostly considered a joke character nowadays, and they've even reference that in Heroes with some of his dialogue and description. To quote his description here: "Dreams of fighting on the front lines, but is often assigned to castle defense." Poor guy can't even catch a break from the developers themselves.

Edit: Guess I said this a bit too late, but oh well.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hannibal says hi. Don't tell me people skip him, I like Silvia too much to have that happen to her son...

Hannibal was the only unit I left dead in Genealogy.

The kid's alright though.

Well maybe not after losing his adoptive father but you know what I mean.

Edit: @mcsilas Thanks! She's been soloing the Normal and Hard Paralogue maps while I've been leveling her up, so I'm glad I tried to get her before doing them. But now begins the quest for Deirdre, and maybe even Sigurd if I get particularly lucky.

All things considered, deciding between foddering or keeping a good unit isn't a terrible problem to have. I only have like one myself, so I hope I can try for Sigurd soon to maybe get more.

Edited by DefaultBeep

He starts as a general

Or more honestly i typed that in a rush because im on a work and i forgot to fix it before you replied lul

What i find funny is that Arden didnt have his signature Vantage in this

@DefaultBeep its kinda ironic because in fe4 themselves Arden is legitimately valuable when left on the castle lol. 

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Hannibal was the only unit I left dead in Genealogy.

The kid's alright though.

Well maybe not after losing his adoptive father but you know what I mean.

When can you kill Hannibal to leave Coirpre/Corpul/Whatever alive?

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Oh, alright, cool. He looks like a fun unit at least, with that monster def. Is Zephiel literally dead now between BK and Arden? Zephiel still had the niche as the more tanky red armor over BK, but now Arden looks to take that spot pretty well. I even saw some Zephiels running Brave Sword which he comes with naturally.

Zephiel is still the only red armor with any semblance of a Res stat.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

its kinda ironic because in fe4 themselves Arden is legitimately valuable when left on the castle lol. 

Certainly, but the poor guy wants to fight alongside his friends so badly! I think he even has an exclusive piece of dialogue on a certain space in Chapter 5 if the player bothers to get him married, which is absolutely amazing.

When can you kill Hannibal to leave Coirpre/Corpul/Whatever alive?

Once they're both already recruited. I lost Hannibal on the way to the second-to-last castle in the Endgame, and I had already reset that turn a ton of times to try and keep everyone alive, so... I figured I'd just let him rest. I'm sure Coirpre didn't mind too much... probably...

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So ... between a +atk -HP and +atk -res Eliwood, which one is better?

If you run Death Blow 3 on Eliwood, he shouldn't need Resistance as much as he would if he were to run, say, Distant Counter. -HP, on the other hand, would retain his modest magic bulk.

I'd say -Res is better, since with Death Blow 3 he deals heavy damage anyways so most of the important Green mages are dead in one hit anyways.

I'm jealous though... I've needed a new Eliwood for ages, but I only ever get +HP -who cares...

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Certainly, but the poor guy wants to fight alongside his friends so badly! I think he even has an exclusive piece of dialogue on a certain space in Chapter 5 if the player bothers to get him married, which is absolutely amazing.

Once they're both already recruited. I lost Hannibal on the way to the second-to-last castle in the Endgame, and I had already reset that turn a ton of times to try and keep everyone alive, so... I figured I'd just let him rest. I'm sure Coirpre didn't mind too much... probably...

Hey at least he gets to do something. That something is dying over and over again in Arena to burn RNs but thats something!

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If you run Death Blow 3 on Eliwood, he shouldn't need Resistance as much as he would if he were to run, say, Distant Counter. -HP, on the other hand, would retain his modest magic bulk.

I'd say -Res is better, since with Death Blow 3 he deals heavy damage anyways so most of the important Green mages are dead in one hit anyways.

I'm jealous though... I've needed a new Eliwood for ages, but I only ever get +HP -who cares...

Hmm, all right, I'll keep that in mind. How much HP does he have with -HP anyway? I mean, I assume his resistance is high enough to be able to take a hit without being too much of an issue?

Wish I could give you my new Eliwood, I didn't need an extra one.

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The current order of Genealogy Gen IHeroes is as follows: Sigurd/Arden/Tailtiu/Ayra/Eldigan/Lachesis/Deirdre.

...Explanation, please?

That's close to appearance order I guess, but Tailtiu should be at the end and Deirdre should be right after Ayra. So, I'm guessing it's based on their respective kingdoms. Sigurd and Arden are from the same place, as are Eldigan and Lachesis, while the rest are alone in their origins. That would also explain why Deirdre is at the end, since her kingdom alignment can be best described as "basically nonexistent." Still a bit hard to confirm without more characters, though.

I wonder how they're going to distribute Arden and Ayra with only one TT. Maybe Arden will be the 6k reward and Ayra the 30k reward, so players will have to spend feathers to 5* Arden and discourage them from using Ayra as skill fodder

Managed to draw Tailtiu on my third summon, but unfortunately she seems to be -SPD, making her the third Blue mage I've gotten that got screwed in that stat. I still want to make the most of her since I like her character, so I was wondering what skill I should put on her to patch up her speed to at least some extent. Life and Death or Fury?  

Edited by Medeus

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, all right, I'll keep that in mind. How much HP does he have with -HP anyway? I mean, I assume his resistance is high enough to be able to take a hit without being too much of an issue?

Wish I could give you my new Eliwood, I didn't need an extra one.

35, which is 4 less than base, compared to 29 Res, 3 less than base. He can probably survive most Green magic with that amount of Res, so long as he doesn't get doubled (which is to say don't get hit by Nino).

First off, we have Arden. Second, Arden gets the Pursuit Ring skill. Which can't be inherited. I'm crying right now.

Aside from that terrible news, the plot indicates that next chapter might be more based in Askr as an invasion happens. Who wants to guess what'll happen?

35 HP, huh ... That's kind of fragile, considering that his defense isn't really super high either. Maybe I should just stick to the -res one then, I normally don't care about HP as a stat very much, but I don't like low HP on melee attackers with low defense. My Caeda is +atk -HP, and pretty much one strong hit immediately puts her in desperation range, but it also puts her in like 2HKO range.

9 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I wonder how they're going to distribute Arden and Ayra with only one TT. Maybe Arden will be the 6k reward and Ayra the 30k reward, so players will have to spend feathers to 5* Arden and discourage them from using Ayra as skill fodder

A Grand Hero Battle for Ira is likely considering she follows Navarre's footsteps.

7 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Managed to draw Tailtiu on my third summon, but unfortunately she seems to be -SPD, making her the third Blue mage I've gotten that got screwed in that stat. I still want to make the most of her since I like her character, so I was wondering what skill I should put on her to patch up her speed to at least some extent. Life and Death or Fury?  

Life and Death would bring her back up to a pretty respectable 37 Spd, which is more than Fury would give her. Depending on how dedicated you are, a Speed Plus seal would get her to 38-40, and Summoner Support gets her to a very solid 40-42. I'll be giving her Summoner Support myself, personally, but that's obviously up to you.