Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

29 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I saw Arden's art and I will admit, I almost puked at how disgusting it was. The artwork of Arden is in it's own category of bad.

Are you serious? In what universe it this artwork bad? I mean, he wasn’t supposed to look handsome in the first place. But this art is not bad at all.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I actually looked up Arden and apparently he’s the third highest rated character from Genealogy while Ayra and Sigurd placed second and first respectively. He ranked 93rd in the CYL poll, ahead of Seliph, Dierdre, Arvis and so forth. 

And I gotta agree that the art is just... repulsive. I saw other art for him and at worst he was just unattractive but this is beyond unsightly.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

I don't get the hate for Arden's art. Yes Arden himself is unattractive, but from a technical standpoint, the art is really good. The faced is detailed and looks realistic, which is a different style than most of the other artist in the game, but it's really well done IMO. And it's not like Arden is supposed to be a pristine bishonen anyway. 

@LuxSpes While I don’t personally like Arden’s art, I still agree it’s well done. I think it’s just how realistic it seems compared to the other designs in this game that’s caught some people off guard.

I would have really liked to see Arden been drawn by Yamada Akihiro instead though. That was a missed opportunity in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I actually looked up Arden and apparently he’s the third highest rated character from Genealogy while Ayra and Sigurd placed second and first respectively. He ranked 93rd in the CYL poll, ahead of Seliph, Dierdre, Arvis and so forth. 

And I gotta agree that the art is just... repulsive. I saw other art for him and at worst he was just unattractive but this is beyond unsightly.

Is that third after combining the three versions of Finn, both of Arvis and everybody else who got split into multiple versions of themselves?

my god, I could not tell you how hard I tried to not laugh in public when I saw Arden's art

it's so bad it's good, can't wait to get a 5 star version of him

I'm hyped to see what will become of Dorcass

I'm fairly certain Arden memed his way into heroes

Edited by Captain Karnage

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is that third after combining the three versions of Finn, both of Arvis and everybody else who got split into multiple versions of themselves?

This is coming from a guy who never played the game and barely familiar with any of the characters, but yeah I guess that’s the case. Check the wiki itself.

Also just realized since Ursula is coming back, we’re going to be getting a new infernal mode for her GHB. *groans*

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Jugdral Top 5

1. Sigurd: 5,282 (55th)
2. Ayra: 4,489 (65th)
3. Finn: 1,550 (172nd, FE4) + 1,053 (228th, FE4 again) + 1,003 (239th, FE5) = 3,606
4. Arden: 3,094 (93rd)
5. Seliph: 2,695 (102nd)

Arvis was only on there once and got 1,150 (214th).

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Jugdral Top 5

1. Sigurd: 5,282 (55th)
2. Ayra: 4,489 (65th)
3. Finn: 1,550 (172nd, FE4) + 1,053 (228th, FE4 again) + 1,003 (239th, FE5) = 3,606
4. Arden: 3,094 (93rd)
5. Seliph: 2,695 (102nd)

Arvis was only on there once and got 1,150 (214th).

That's very impressive for Arden, honestly. Although, this is the same poll where memes almost got Dorcas into the top 20, so maybe it's not the best scale for characters like Arden.

...Unless they decided to add Arden because of these results? They have to know that most people only voted for him for laughs, and considering the way he's been introduced into Heroes, he seems to be considered a joke character by even the developers themselves.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's very impressive for Arden, honestly. Although, this is the same poll where memes almost got Dorcas into the top 20, so maybe it's not the best scale for characters like Arden.

...Unless they decided to add Arden because of these results? They have to know that most people only voted for him for laughs, and considering the way he's been introduced into Heroes, he seems to be considered a joke character by even the developers themselves.

We need Dorcas GHB with Dorcas Axe+, which is a 14 Might Axe that applied Poison Strike 2 after combat.

I knew Ayra was going to be ridiculous and I couldn't be happier. I just don't know how we're supposed to get her. Arden is 100% the Tempest trial reward and with Sacred Coins being TT rewards going forward (either replacing Crystals or overlapping with Feathers) I don't see how the two of them are going to be rewards so she'll probably be getting a GHB. I'm officially saving 40k feathers for her and potentially Seliph if I'm forced to use him for the Tempest. Those stats are so ridiculous... please let Edward be in a similar league. 

Arden is actually pretty cool and I may use him over Draug, but I doubt I'll be spending feathers on him any time soon if he's *4 only. Same for Arvis. Sophia and Celica fill my red mage roles just fine and I kind of hate him 

Spoiler

for killing Sigurd.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We need Dorcas GHB with Dorcas Axe+, which is a 14 Might Axe that applied Poison Strike 2 after combat.

We also still need Glade with his A skill, Forgotten Legend: reduces the Might of the equipped weapon to 1, but adds bonuses equal to the unit's place in the CYL poll to every stat. And it's inheritable, of course; gotta throw that meta-changer on CYL Lyn and Ike.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Arden is actually pretty cool and I may use him over Draug, but I doubt I'll be spending feathers on him any time soon if he's *4 only. Same for Arvis. Sophia and Celica fill my red mage roles just fine and I kind of hate him 

Reveal hidden contents

Just going to put this out there, but

Spoiler

you being sure to put that death in a spoiler is kinda funny given that Heroes itself didn't do the same. One of Arvis's castle lines has him literally say, word-for-word, "Sigurd had to die."

Honestly though, is there really any reason to consider Arvis killing Sigurd a spoiler? It's brought up almost every time Genealogy is discussed around here, whether in meme form or not. I mean, of course it is a spoiler, but I don't think there's much point to treating it as one anymore, at least not in this thread.

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Honestly though, is there really any reason to consider Arvis killing Sigurd a spoiler? It's brought up almost every time Genealogy is discussed around here, whether in meme form or not. I mean, of course it is a spoiler, but I don't think there's much point to treating it as one anymore, at least not in this thread.

It's one of those spoilers you learn about before even learning anything else bout the game.  It's like Rosebud was his sled or Darth Vader is Luke's father sort of spoiler.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Eh, I personally operate under a "better safe than sorry" mentality when it comes to spoilers just to avoid getting unnecessarily yelled at. That and at least in the case of the spoiler in my last post, I revealed a bit of datamined dialogue from a yet to be released character which I'm pretty sure does legitimately justify a spoiler.

Edited by Tybrosion

The worst thing about not disliking very many characters is that it makes it really hard to skip banners. 

...I think I’m going to force myself to not spend any orbs in November... unless some Laguz show up. 

I need just one more dancer from the PA banner and I'll be satisfied. Already got Olivia and Inigo. I hope to get Azura, but I'm still pulling on blues for some incidental Shigure.

As soon as I got one of them, I'm saving orbs again for a potential haloween banner. 

Just now, Rezzy said:

It's one of those spoilers you learn about before even learning anything else bout the game.  It's like Rosebud was his sled or Darth Vader is Luke's father sort of spoiler.

Pretty much, yeah. Another one that comes to mind is the big one in Final Fantasy VII; even a big-budget movie like Wreck-It Ralph made a joke about that one. It's a bit of a shame that these things can't be fully appreciated when most people first watch them anymore, just because so many people have already seen them and make jokes about them.

Also I haven't seen Citizen Kane yet so thanks for the spoiler Rezzy :( You're lucky that you're right though, because I've already had that spoiled multiple times in the past.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I personally operate under a "better safe than sorry" mentality when it comes to spoilers just to avoid getting necessarily yelled at. That and at least in the case of the spoiler in my last post, I revealed a bit of datamined dialogue from a yet to be released character which I'm pretty sure does legitimately justify a spoiler.

I agree that that's normally best, and I prefer to do the same, but it seems kinda fruitless with FE4 in threads like this, since so many people already joke about it without putting it in spoilers. Plus Heroes obviously doesn't mind spoiling it, and since this is specifically a Heroes thread, it's probably safe to talk about it when Heroes does too (although not until he's actually available to obtain). Same with Seliph and Julia being half-siblings; a pretty big and important secret in FE4, but Heroes has no issues with stating it to the world, even through their very inclusion in the Siblings Paralogues. My point my more meant as a general statement, but I do agree that the datamine dialogue and stuff should be treated with more care. At least Arden was in one of the maps, so we can mention his name without putting everything about him in spoilers.

5 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

The worst thing about not disliking very many characters is that it makes it really hard to skip banners. 

...I think I’m going to force myself to not spend any orbs in November... unless some Laguz show up. 

Haha, I've been in the same boat since launch. That's what happens when I get attached to the casts of games I play, which for Fire Emblem includes every one but FE10 (so expensive...). Unfortunately, Genealogy is one of the highest priorities for me, so I'll be spending every orb I can in desperation until November.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also I haven't seen Citizen Kane yet so thanks for the spoiler Rezzy :( You're lucky that you're right though, because I've already had that spoiled multiple times in the past.

Funny thing, I've never seen Citizen Kane all the way through either.  I've never played FE4 beyond the first chapter either.  Although I did read @Sophie and he who changes his name frequently's LP.  So that's the only reason I'm halfway familiar with that story.  I still know pretty much nothing about FE5.  It would be nice to get remakes for those two.

Caught up on quests. I am just unstoppable. Too bad I still can't break into Tier 20 of Arena.

@FE4 spoiler discussion. I believe we don't need spoiler police for that game. At least not until they announce or heavily rumor a FE4 Echoes remake. I know I was a good boy in keeping off FE2 spoilers in the months before release, and continue to cool it to this day. Now if only Echoes could be less predictable with its twists. Seriously, those were great twists! Squandered.

@Tybrosion I didn't actually see Arvis' quotes, but yeah I was mostly just playing it safe. I probably have seen that spoiler around though.

@MrSmokestack There's never been anything in place of the last few orbs you get at 99,999, But I suppose her replacing a seal reward is possible. If the Heroes wiki is anything to go by it says you get Ayra at both *4 and *5 and that wouldn't be the case if she was a GHB so she could very well be a TT reward. Certainly worth +1'ing her.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Haha, I've been in the same boat since launch. That's what happens when I get attached to the casts of games I play, which for Fire Emblem includes every one but FE10 (so expensive...). Unfortunately, Genealogy is one of the highest priorities for me, so I'll be spending every orb I can in desperation until November.

I haven’t even played Geneology and Sigurd and Deirdre have shot up to the same priority level for me as one of my favorites Jaffar. 

Darn you Sigurd you fantastic reference to the Volsung saga you!

9 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I haven’t even played Geneology and Sigurd and Deirdre have shot up to the same priority level for me as one of my favorites Jaffar. 

Darn you Sigurd you fantastic reference to the Volsung saga you!

I tried to focus pull for Sigurd.  It didn't turn out well...