Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

I just looked at both of my potential TT bonus units, Julia and Eldigan. Julia is gonna be a res tank destroying anything that is magic, while Eldigan will do that to physical units (My Eldigan has Ignis. Imagine how much damage he will do after proccing ignis with TT buffs. It's scary to think about) 

Also, returning to the topic about me hating Arden's art, I probably think it looks disgusting because I'm looking at his art as someone who is more in tune to anime style artwork for some units, not the hyper realistic artwork.

Honestly, if you can build a solid team around them, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring both of them along if you want. The score bonus won't stack, so you'll still only get the +20% bonus (or +40% if one of them gives that bonus), but they both get the stat bonuses regardless. If I can get Deirdre before or during the Tempest, I'll be using a team of her, Tailtiu, Seliph, and PA Azura (for dancing/healing support). I'd use Julia, but she's kinda at max HM already, so I'd like to let someone else increase their own instead. Maybe even Ayra or Arvis if either are available during the Tempest.

Yeah, I can see why his art might be off-putting. I love it, though. The super realistic style along with his happy and goofy expression in his standard art is just too hilarious to me. I'd use him as my avatar, but I feel like it might scare some of the members, especially outside of the Heroes threads.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Hmm, looking at Sonya's stats, with +atk -spd she will be a slightly faster green Sanaki with less resistance (quite a bit less, my Sanaki is +res). She also has slightly more physical durability, not that either of them should be taking a hit. I can work with this.

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, looking at Sonya's stats, with +atk -spd she will be a slightly faster green Sanaki with less resistance (quite a bit less, my Sanaki is +res). She also has slightly more physical durability, not that either of them should be taking a hit. I can work with this.

Compared to my Sonya who I also recently got, yet who is +res/-atk. She can be good, with the atk +1 seal and LnD, I can salvage her attack and speed. Not only that, but she has a solid 30 red with LnD.

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Just pulled an off-banner Sonya on the dancer banner, and while she's neither a green dancer or the green mage(s) I was looking for, I'm fine with this.

She's +atk -spd, though. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Keep her. Mine is +Spd -Atk and she was my most used unit during her TT! Give her Fury and a Spd seal if you don't like the low spd, but she wrecks shit and tanks res like no one. Plus an Iceberg/Glacies hit hurts A LOT.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Keep her. Mine is +Spd -Atk and she was my most used unit during her TT! Give her Fury and a Spd seal if you don't like the low spd, but she wrecks shit and tanks res like no one. Plus an Iceberg/Glacies hit hurts A LOT.

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping her. I'm already training her and she hits pretty hard, although I really have to be careful to keep her away from anything physical. I guess that if I play well -spd won't hinder me too much, she sort of seems like a 1HKO machine.

Also, one of her crit lines is my friend's catchphrase during Pokemon battle nights. That I'm not sure how to feel about XD

43 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah, I'm definitely keeping her. I'm already training her and she hits pretty hard, although I really have to be careful to keep her away from anything physical. I guess that if I play well -spd won't hinder me too much, she sort of seems like a 1HKO machine.

Also, one of her crit lines is my friend's catchphrase during Pokemon battle nights. That I'm not sure how to feel about XD

Actually, a way to patch Sonya's speed is to give her LnD, as she gains 5 more speed. Even with the boost, she might not double a lot, but she won't get doubled a lot either.

Which of Sonya's crit lines does your friend say during your special night? I'm guessing it's "Let's have fun"

10 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why does Sigurd have 5 extra BST?  The devs are hypocrites to say they're concerned about power creep and then go and implement the most obvious type of power creep possible.

KT is slowly usurping control of DeNA's PR department.

On Zephiel becoming useless now, we're in luck, there is a way to fix Zephiel:

Spoiler

Make this playable!

zefhyrguinevere.png

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hide contents

Make this playable!

zefhyrguinevere.png

Who's KT?

40 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm still sad I'll have to give up my quest for the lovely dancer Inigo. At least I got his mom, but I've been hoping for a dancer Inigo for so long, and he looks so amazing... Why must Heroes keep throwing these amazing banners at me? It's almost like it's a good business strategy or something.

The more I hear of other people's summoning horror stories, I feel both lucky and a bit guilty that I got Tailtiu on my third summon...

Far to many good banners going on all at once! Curse them and their money making ways. 

Yeah you ether get luck with these summons or you get diddily squat. I got lucky and was able to get Inigo early on but I haven’t gotten much of anything since. The luck comes in waves :U

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Make this playable!

zefhyrguinevere.png

Zephiel...useless? Pfft.

At least he has decent res and won't get doubled by everything under the horizon thanks to Wary fighter. Arden has to give up that B slot so he can quad. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Koei Tecmo- the company behind Fire Emblem Warriors. Who, while having made a very solid game once you get past roster issues, get a F------------------------- for PR. Lots of hypocrisy.

Ah, yeah.  There's too many swords, let's add some more.

And it looks like Ayru's BST is 5 points too high as well.  I don't know why they feel the need to make all the old units obsolete.  I didn't like it when they did it with Lyn and Ike, but I could understand the reasoning, with them being the CYL winners.  Here, it just makes no sense.  Not just Sigurd, but also some random side character?

Just now, Rezzy said:

Ah, yeah.  There's too many swords, let's add some more.

And it looks like Ayru's BST is 5 points too high as well.  I don't know why they feel the need to make all the old units obsolete.  I didn't like it when they did it with Lyn and Ike, but I could understand the reasoning, with them being the CYL winners.  Here, it just makes no sense.  Not just Sigurd, but also some random side character?

Ayra at least has a reputation for being a very powerful unit in Genealogy; she's often considered to be one of the very few infantry units that are worth using in that game. Although her kids are normally considered to be even more powerful, depending on their father anyway. Not sure if that was their reasoning, but it's the best I can think of.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ayra at least has a reputation for being a very powerful unit in Genealogy; she's often considered to be one of the very few infantry units that are worth using in that game. Although her kids are normally considered to be even more powerful, depending on their father anyway. Not sure if that was their reasoning, but it's the best I can think of.

Which would be even more ridiculous if her kids actually make it into FEH. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

If her kids get in and have the non-boosted BST, then I'll be disappointed, as well as suspicious for what their reason was for Ayra. If they get in and have even higher BST... then I'll also be disappointed, but it'll be fun I guess.

16 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I have no defense ploy, I actually don't think I have anyone with a ploy skill (just the attack ploy seal that my Sanaki is using). I'm going to have him use Durandal, since I tend to keep people with personal legendary weapons using their default weapon. And yeah, 29 resistance is actually higher than what some of my mages have, so I think I'll just keep him with -res then. Thanks.

Late reply, but what about Panic Ploy? Or did you kill off your Valters? Anyway, it was probably mentioned already, but Arvis comes with Def Ploy, but that would mean sacrificing a pretty good red mage who you could give +2 merge for a skill that will eventually become regularly available.

Unrelated to Eliwood, but related to ploys and also probably mentioned, but Fury 3 and Recover Ring is such an obvious and powerful combo on Arvis. Fury recoil gets healed every turn with Recover Ring and 36 total resistance gives him even better coverage with his Valflame and default Def Ploy. I will finally have a good red mage even though -Atk Tharja is kind of all right and Sophia would be better if I dumped Rauthraven, T-Adept, and G Tomebreaker on her, but I would like to get a +Atk, -Spd Sophia before I do that.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's a really weak reason.  There's dozens of units that have a reputation for being powerful.

@Anacybele I remember several months ago, when people were predicting Ike's stats, you proposed a BST that was higher than the usual for infantry melee.  You said Ike merited it, since he was canonically powerful, and were ridiculed for suggesting it.

It seems now, we're tossing out BST bonuses like candy, now.  It doesn't even take a protagonist anymore.  Soon, I won't be able to use my Titania anymore, since there's going to be new cavalry units with 15 extra BST for no apparent reason.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Koei Tecmo- the company behind Fire Emblem Warriors. Who, while having made a very solid game once you get past roster issues, get a F------------------------- for PR. Lots of hypocrisy.

Dont forget Gamefreak

Their PR lies gave us golds like

"What Aegislash is supposed to use Physical move?"

"Flygon didnt get Mega because we run out of time"

and the greatest of all time

"Garura and mega evolution bias of the other, Garura you will want to have the firepower of grace, headband, glasses of pseudo heaven in one animal"

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Zephiel...useless? Pfft.

At least he has decent res and won't get doubled by everything under the horizon thanks to Wary fighter. Arden has to give up that B slot so he can quad. 

Until Meg shows up. Then we'll be looking at the Res Sword Armor goddess! She's a female, not the prettiest, but kinda cute, and that increases the likelihood of her getting in sooner than later. I'd like to see Tauroneo (that mustache, that beautiful white armor) with Resolve over her personally.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I think most of the infantry is worth using. Claud and Edain heal. Jamke and especially Briggid have good offense. Azelle and Lachesis get horses on promotion. Chulainn is Ayra but with more HP and less offense vs. low Def units. Lewyn gets Forseti midway in Chapter 4. Sylvia can dance and Dew steals money for your staff spamming. Only Deirdre, Tailtiu and Arden are more or less totally useless/bad- a bit of irony given who has made it into this banner.

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Eventually they'll get in. When the kiddos of 4/13/14 come along, who knows? But be prepared for the worst excesses when they do come. 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

It seems now, we're tossing out BST bonuses like candy, now.  It doesn't even take a protagonist anymore.  Soon, I won't be able to use my Titania anymore, since there's going to be new cavalry units with 15 extra BST for no apparent reason.

Just who could replace her as an Axe Cav? Lex, Kieran, and Walhart are the only major choices, and none I'd think would get good Res.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'd use Arden as my avatar, but I feel like it might scare some of the members, especially outside of the Heroes threads.

All the more reason to

Be right back, gonna pair him with Ayra when I start FE4

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Zephiel becoming useless

Zephiel never was useless and still isn’t useless. Please stop spreading misinformation.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just who could replace her as an Axe Cav? Lex, Kieran, and Walhart are the only major choices, and none I'd think would get good Res.

When you have 200 BST Walhart, you still have plenty left for tossing some Res in there.

Also lets be real here the argument of being obscenely powerful in their home game is shot dead in the face when Gordin, bar none the greatest Archer in the series by a continent mile did not get any special thing besides a gimped version of best Archer kit. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tailtiu... are totally useless

:(

I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Honestly though, Tailtiu is pretty insane with her Wrath skill, which lets her get guaranteed critical hits every hit as long as her health is low enough. I can agree with the other two, though Deirdre isn't so much bad as she is literally unusable for the majority of the game.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also lets be real here the argument of being obscenely powerful in their home game is shot dead in the face when Gordin, bar none the greatest Archer in the series by a continent mile did not get any special thing besides a gimped version of best Archer kit. 

He has a Brave Bow and low speed.  What else do you want?

Florina, on the other hand. . .