• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

He has a Brave Bow and low speed.  What else do you want?

Florina, on the other hand. . .

My poor Florina.  Bad art and bad stats.

Come to think of it, why doesn't Est get the loli/villager BST bonus, when Est is pretty much the progenitor of the high effort, high stats unit?

@Glennstavos I cannot resist the urge!

Screenshot_20171016-204105.png

He has Axebreaker 3 just in case it seems needed.

@Vaximillian Given how I missed his father, he'll be pretty useful for the TT coming up ahead!

Btw, Tempest Focus will probably have Celice, Julia, Eltoshan and Raquesis. I'll burn this banner in Belhalla if I don't get Sigurd!

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Zephiel never was useless and still isn’t useless. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Sorry, I just wanted to cheer people up a little with young Zephiel as a hope.

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Honestly though, Tailtiu is pretty insane with her Wrath skill, which lets her get guaranteed critical hits every hit as long as her health is low enough. I can agree with the other two, though Deirdre isn't so much bad as she is literally unusable for the majority of the game.

Well I was kinda debating Tailtiu given low enemy Res, strong Thoron, and Wrath. But she does come severely underleveled and never gets a move boost. Deirdre isn't terrible either I admit with the strong hit of Aura and staffing. Heck even Arden isn't bad between good Str and Def plus good promoted weapon ranks. Skills (Pursuit) and low move with no Canto is what ultimately condemns infantry in FE4 for the most part, not stats.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

When you have 200 BST Walhart, you still have plenty left for tossing some Res in there.

But Summer Banner 3- "The Shores of New Englnohr" will feature the Boiling Tome! It's extremely effective on lobsters and bypasses Conquest don't you know? Titania isn't weak to it.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Come to think of it, why doesn't Est get the loli/villager BST bonus, when Est is pretty much the progenitor of the high effort, high stats unit?

*A Pink Hole opens in the fabric of timespace due to this realization being spoken.*

They can't give out the trainee bonus to everyone, since there are many latecomers who need to be babied before they get good. Tailtiu for one. But I just really don't know why Est didn't get it.

And since JSND brought up Pokemon. Why do always need new chars to be stronger than those from before? Pokemon with every new generation does creep the power level a little more I admit, but at the same time, you still get plenty of charming and or creatively designed, but useless for the metagame Pokes (and then you get in-betweens, like Cinccino).

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well I was kinda debating Tailtiu given low enemy Res, strong Thoron, and Wrath. But she does come severely underleveled and never gets a move boost. Deirdre isn't terrible either I admit with the strong hit of Aura and staffing. Heck even Arden isn't bad between good Str and Def plus good promoted weapon ranks. Skills (Pursuit) and low move with no Canto is what ultimately condemns infantry in FE4 for the most part, not stats.

Being low-leveled doesn't mean too much when the FE4 Arena exists; losing there puts the unit to 1 HP, which just so happens to be within Wrath's range. Combined with the seven practically free kills that that earns her at the start of every map, she'll have little trouble keeping up with the rest of the cast.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Nino would have been nuts with a BST boost.

Speaking of Ests, I’d like to see Farina join her sister in Heroes. FE7 has quite a bit of rep as it is but we’re missing some great units like Lowen the Wall as well as Marcus, Sain, Harken, and Erk.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, Quintessence said:

@Glennstavos I cannot resist the urge!

Screenshot_20171016-204105.png

He has Axebreaker 3 just in case it seems needed.

@Vaximillian Given how I missed his father, he'll be pretty useful for the TT coming up ahead!

Btw, Tempest Focus will probably have Celice, Julia, Eltoshan and Raquesis. I'll burn this banner in Belhalla if I don't get Sigurd!

My Seliph is equipped with Pityratebreaker 6.

AemHBjy.png?1

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*A Pink Hole opens in the fabric of timespace due to this realization being spoken.*

They can't give out the trainee bonus to everyone, since there are many latecomers who need to be babied before they get good. Tailtiu for one. But I just really don't know why Est didn't get it.

Roughly one Est per game, 2 of which would be Est, isn't exactly swarming the roster.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nino would have been nuts with a BST boost.

Speaking of Ests, I’d like to see Farina join her sister in Heroes. FE7 has quite a bit of rep as it is but we’re missing some great units like Lowen the Wall as well as Marcus, Sain, Harken, and Erk.

Maybe, but it would depend where those points went.  If it went like 3 to HP and 2 to Def, she's be pretty much the same.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry, I just wanted to cheer people up a little with young Zephiel as a hope.

But Summer Banner 3- "The Shores of New Englnohr" will feature the Boiling Tome! It's extremely effective on lobsters and bypasses Conquest don't you know? Titania isn't weak to it.

And since JSND brought up Pokemon. Why do always need new chars to be stronger than those from before? Pokemon with every new generation does creep the power level a little more I admit, but at the same time, you still get plenty of charming and or creatively designed, but useless for the metagame Pokes (and then you get in-betweens, like Cinccino).

Because sells interets yadda3x

Note that pokemon does nerf stuff. Remember how Amoongus was so overpowered it got the honor of being the very first pokemon in modern era to receive a blatantly direct nerf in form of an item that is specifically made to counter it and a mechanic revamp? 

And for what it worth Gen 6 was the only time pokemons balance between power creep and viability bar is so bad in that the new pokemon are so terrible but Mega Evo caused a power creep thay is also terrible because only a few is actually viable due to the nature of the mechanic

Also @Rezzy Est being the progenitor was a myth. The real progenitor was Tiki. Est is only qualifying for that in FE3 after getting stats buff and Tiki being a mid game joiner. As far as Fe1 goes shes not the only one that is underlevelled(Catria also does) and she didnt have higher potential than other Pegasus(Catria have higher potential)

I mean its fair to say it doesnt matter because FE3 defines everything in the series but calling Est the OG effort unit is along the lines of calling Jagen the OG OP prepromote when Wendell who got nerfed 4 times across his 5 appearance exists

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

@AnacybeleI remember several months ago, when people were predicting Ike's stats, you proposed a BST that was higher than the usual for infantry melee.  You said Ike merited it, since he was canonically powerful, and were ridiculed for suggesting it.

It seems now, we're tossing out BST bonuses like candy, now.  It doesn't even take a protagonist anymore.  Soon, I won't be able to use my Titania anymore, since there's going to be new cavalry units with 15 extra BST for no apparent reason.

I do remember that, though initially, I didn't MEAN to suggest a higher than usual BST. I didn't know there was a set BST for infantry at the time. xP

And I hope not. I don't want power creep to make my Frederick useless. IS also said they don't want much power creep though, so I'm not too worried.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I do remember that, though initially, I didn't MEAN to suggest a higher than usual BST. I didn't know there was a set BST for infantry at the time. xP

And I hope not. I don't want power creep to make my Frederick useless. IS also said they don't want much power creep though, so I'm not too worried.

They said they don't want power creep, but I don't really trust them since they gave Sigurd +5 BST right after saying that.

42 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, Pokemon power creep only occurs every 3-4 years, rather than every few weeks.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Has there ever been a Spd based special/skill in FE games?

I know usually it's Skill % chance but are there any in the older games?

I want to say Adept worked off of Speed in at least one game.

For what it's worth, Sigurd and Ira were the highest performers in CYL from FE4. They probably got the CYL growth rate boost out of pity due to Jugdral doing so poorly due to low exposure (being both old as dirt and a Japan-only release).

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The Spd-based Laguz classes' (Cat, Hawk, Raven) mastery skills had activation based on Spd.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

In FE10, Cancel, Quickclaw, Adept, Vantage, Rend, and Tear all have activation rates based on Speed,

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Pursuit in FE4 :^)

@Rezzy Which one? Adept worked off of Skill% last I checked.

EDIT: Never mind, I only played FE9

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Which one? Adept worked off of Skill% last I checked.

RD's, Genealogy's, and Thracia's, PoR's alone isn't Speed based.

And I find it odd that neither Awakening nor Fates had Adept, the simplest and earliest proc skill in FE history. Offensive Stance/Dual Attacks are probably why.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

In FE10, Cancel, Quickclaw, Adept, Vantage, Rend, and Tear all have activation rates based on Speed,

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Pursuit in FE4 :^)

@Rezzy Which one? Adept worked off of Skill% last I checked.

Othin reminded me, and I double checked, it went off of Speed in Radiant Dawn.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Which of Sonya's crit lines does your friend say during your special night? I'm guessing it's "Let's have fun"

That. THAT. Right before he teeter dances all of us.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For what it's worth, Sigurd and Ira were the highest performers in CYL from FE4. They probably got the CYL growth rate boost out of pity due to Jugdral doing so poorly due to low exposure (being both old as dirt and a Japan-only release).

I feel that as far as Sigurd is concerned, they probably overcompensated with making him good simply as an apology for how underwhelming and mediocre his son is. Given this possibility and Sigurd's reputation as one of the best lords in terms of gameplay, I'm OK with him having a BST bonus. Ayra having one, however, does admittedly concern me a bit.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

For what it's worth, Sigurd and Ira were the highest performers in CYL from FE4. They probably got the CYL growth rate boost out of pity due to Jugdral doing so poorly due to low exposure (being both old as dirt and a Japan-only release.

Well, Genealogy won that other "favourite FE" poll, so maybe.

I'm not even sure that was official, but the idea is sound.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RD's, Genealogy's, and Thracia's, PoR's alone isn't Speed based.

And I find it odd that neither Awakening nor Fates had Adept, the simplest and earliest proc skill in FE history. Offensive Stance/Dual Attacks are probably why.

The simplet and earliest proc skill in FE history is critical lol. I think Critical actually appears earlier than Adept too

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I feel that as far as Sigurd is concerned, they probably overcompensated with making him good simply as an apology for how underwhelming and mediocre his son is. Given this possibility and Sigurd's reputation as one of the best lords in terms of gameplay, I'm OK with him having a BST bonus. Ayra having one, however, does admittedly concern me a bit.

Seliph: so bad, we're begging for him to not be a 40%, despite the alternative being pure 5* locks.

12 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I feel that as far as Sigurd is concerned, they probably overcompensated with making him good simply as an apology for how underwhelming and mediocre his son is.

That’s a pretty crappy apology as far as I’m concerned. If they had wanted Sigurd to be an apology for Seliph’s poor kit they would have made it so you could inherit Devine Tyrfing onto him. :/

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Seliph: so bad, we're begging for him to not be a 40%, despite the alternative being pure 5* locks.

Speak for yourself.

Spoiler

Rbedvhc.png

Edited by DarkLordIvy