Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

As far as I can tell, she has Amelia's max BST with perhaps the CYL bonus BST? Is that close? Do I at least get a pity crumb?

I don't remember for sure if there's a crit skill, but I do know that every weapon gained a chance to deal a critical hit once that weapon reached 50 kills. I don't remember all the specifics, but I believe that the chance starts off very low and increases by killing more. I think there's also a special crit that can occur if either lovers or siblings are standing next to each other when one of them initiates combat.

Sorry, maybe next time.

5 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

As fun as it would be to have Micaiah with her average stats that may slightly break the game. If we look at her max possible stats and make them more in line with heroes.

Hp:34

Atk:36

Spd:26

Def:15

Res:36.

I'm not sure how similar this is to other characters but It's probably quite similar to someone. Maybe a bit more speed but this could work.

Yeah it was her average max level stats.  Sorry, I won't be satisfied with lowering Micaiah's stats to something reasonable.  I want to go full frontal Mega Rayquaza power creep on this baby.  And her tome can have 14 Might, +3 Atk and be effective against Armors and Cavalry, because balance is for noobs.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Sorry, maybe next time.

Yeah it was her average max level stats.  Sorry, I won't be satisfied with lowering Micaiah's stats to something reasonable.  I want to go full frontal Mega Rayquaza power creep on this baby.  And her tome can have 14 Might, +3 Atk and be effective against Armors and Cavalry, because balance is for noobs.

Aw... I knew Radiant Dawn being the only game I haven't played would come back to bite me...

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If they make them bad, what's the point of including them save as skill fodder? And then they'll never have a chance at popularity, and all characters after X point in this game's lifespan will be trash, killing it off sooner than it has to.

I don't know. Just my twisted view of things, I suppose. All things must end after all...

Anyway, part of me wishes that a future unit was introduced intentionally bad and for one reason, except that reason would spoil an entire game. Basically, a Fire Emblem where the twist is the "main" lord turns out to be a fraud, scumbag, tool, or whatever derogatory statement. When that is revealed, you go into part two with a new lord or something. Thing is with datamining and stuff and if they do what they did with SoV where the characters were introduced around the time of the game's release, it'd be spoiled pretty easily. People would be wondering why that character has 148 BST as a melee infantry, why their personal weapon is a glorified Silver Sword, and among other things. Whatever, weird idea I've had wondering about a new FE game.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Sorry, maybe next time.

I guess thani would make sense as her weapon but I'd prefer rexaura for that ridiculous animation that it had, not sure what effects to give it though. 

Just now, predator_21476 said:

I guess thani would make sense as her weapon but I'd prefer rexaura for that ridiculous animation that it had, not sure what effects to give it though. 

They can invent something totally new and specific to Heroes, +3 Def isn't worth building an effect around, particularly when Miccy isn't likely to be very durable physically.

Rexaura does look cool though, it's nuclear fusion. Tellius is really ahead of its time, FE on Mars should feature Micaiah's many greats descendant.

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Aw... I knew Radiant Dawn being the only game I haven't played would come back to bite me...

If you want to be bitten, Volug is happy to oblige!

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Just looked him up on the wiki. Sorry, but I'm not into Twilight nowadays.

But Volug is sexy! And that Nailah whips him into servile submission and makes Rafiel her husband makes me like him more.

And I was referencing his one (of two) C support lines:

C support – addressing

Type 1: (…Hey. You ever wonder what would happen if I just ate everyone we fought? Would the rest keep fighting?)

The parentheses are because he speaks in the Ancient Tongue and hence you need a cipher to understand what he's actually saying. He does actually bite enemies, normally in the neck; other Beast Laguz bite too.

I'd like to see more actual radiant dawn characters in the game it's nice to see Tellius getting more representation in the game though. Seeing the dawn brigade would be nice, Maybe the god of radiant dawn himself Haar. However i don't know think they would keep true to how horribly busted he is in that game. Though it would be better for them to put in some more Thracia characters. I kinda want to see what they are like because I've never played that one.

21 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

They haven't actually given out any of the starting exclusive weapons (Rapier, etc.) in Heroes, but that's probably because every character that has one also has an "ultimate" weapon. I think Micaiah is the only character that doesn't have an exclusive weapon that isn't the standard effective-against-cavalry-and-armor weapon.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They haven't actually given out any of the starting exclusive weapons (Rapier, etc.) in Heroes, but that's probably because every character that has one also has an "ultimate" weapon. I think Micaiah is the only character that doesn't have an exclusive weapon that isn't the standard effective-against-cavalry-and-armor weapon.

Yeah, this makes Micaiah's condition in Heroes... special, because this only one known alternative unless IS decide to take some liberties.

5 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This has proven to be a lie. The first 4 maps are a piece of cake. The last one always seems to kick my butt.... RIP. Someday my dream will come true.

Sorry to hear that. The last map of SA4 can be quite overwhelming. I had to change my team of another map, to keep Reinhardt and a dancer for that one. 

19 hours ago, Kaden said:

Weird thought while looking at Ayra's...

Reveal hidden contents

stats, but would a Fury 3, Renewal 3 tank build work well with her? I feel like a lot of people would go on the full offensive, but her stats remind me of +Spd Selena if she had way less resistance. Actually, she would be closer to a +Spd Minerva or Saber, but anyway. Assuming it's not a mistake and she actually has 163 BST or that she'll still retain a similar stat spread even after dropping down 5-6 points, with Fury 3 and her sword, she'd have 41/43/34/24 bulk which isn't as good magically compared to a +Spd Selena having 27 to 31 resistance depending on if she's -Res or not. Compared to +Spd Selena and might as well, specifically a +Spd, -Res Selena who would have 37/41/35/27 bulk, Ayra would have much higher HP and because of her sword, higher speed for lower resistance. It would even out sort of; Ayra's magical bulk would be 65 total and 46x2 to Selena's 65 total and 46x2. If Selena were +Spd, -HP instead, she'd have 65 total and 48x2 magical bulk.

Anyway, the reason why I'm considering this is because of Ayra's Blade having built-in "Swift Blade", a speed version of Heavy Blade and Ayra having a not just a speed-based special, but an exclusive, 2 cooldown speed-based special with Regnal Astra so her damage output could be pretty high while being pretty tanky. Granted, she'd only get 17 additional damage from Regnal Astra, the same amount of damage from Bonfire for 1 less cooldown, but I could if I wanted to, give her Ignis for 27 additional damage. It would "waste" her default skill set which are good, but I don't know, doing something different with her would be nice and it would clear up some of the space in my barracks. One Fae for Renewal 3, Hinata for Fury 3, whoever to give her an assist and C-skill, and if i really wanted to give her Ignis, a Henry or F!Robin, would be 4 to 5 less units sitting around doing nothing.

Also, I just realized that Ayra's stats of 41 HP, 33 Atk, 37 Spd, 31 Def, and 21 Res is kind of close to that what if Owain showed up being a stupid bulky speed tank I thought about with one of his stat spreads being like 41 HP, 25 Atk, 38 Spd, 28 Def, 28 Res give or take some HP for defense and resistance or vice versa. And freakishly enough, a Missiletainn that had +3 speed which is what Ayra's Blade is, but better with its built-in "Swift Blade 3". Difference is mainly that Ayra dumped her resistance into attack and defense, but that sort of is made up with her boosted BST.

@DehNutCase, thoughts on using Ayra as a grindy tank like Selena?

I really should be sleeping right now...

You can use her that way, of course, Ayra's powercreeped to the point where she outclasses Selena in basically every possible build, thanks to higher hp compensating the minor loss in def and res. The main difference, of course, is that Selena likes using her bulk to do a lot of nothing on EP, that is, tanking random people without dying, in order to build special charge and to set up enemy positioning for the player phase, whereas Ayra's sword means that it makes no difference to her whether she farms up special charge on EP or just starts fighting immediately. (This is an advantage, because Selena needs her enemy phase special charge farming to have good player phase offenses, whereas Ayra can do the same enemy phase setup while always having her excellent player phase.)

She basically has Selena's bulk and Lucina's offenses.

If she doesn't end up with with trainee stats, she'll basically be Lucina---very nicely min-maxed character with first rate offenses while keeping as much bulk as possible. Mind, Lucina herself could run a tanky, grindy build without problems, it's just that the reason I run a grindy build on Selena is because she can't run anything else, whereas Arya, Lucina, etc. can run said grindy bulk on top of more offensive builds.

On the topic of the Fury 3 Renewal build:

I like Fury 3 a lot, Swift Sparrow is basically the budget option for any unit I run, because, usually, one of L&D, DB, or Fury 3 would be better. If you want offenses and bulk, Fury 3 tends to end up better because of enemy phase. If you want sheer offenses, L&D strictly outclasses, and DB occasionally outclasses depending on the weapon choice. (2 Atk for 4 Spd is a good trade very often, due to how damn good Atk is as a stat.)

Renewal gives her longevity, obviously, which not only helps for when she's trying to carry a team,* but also for general use like TT, CC, or, I don't know, Warriors map farming or something.

In all honesty, that two skill combo is probably the most useful for general purpose use for a melee unit.

*One weakness of not running horse emblem is that you have to get your unit-turns somewhere else, often by counter-killing or destroying a team over multiple turns, meaning you need 'carrying', where one unit does a significant portion of the work, more often than horse teams---horse teams can do the same thing, of course, counter-killing and slowly hit & running a team to death, the reason they're overpowered is because they can do everything everyone else could, and a lot of things everyone else can't.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Three ways to crit in Genealogy: Critical skill, 50+ kills weapon, and “support bonus” from being adjacent to sibling or lover.

No natural crit though.

Don't forget the "effective bonus" from stuff like bows vs fliers: that takes the form of a 100% crit rate. Wrath too, for that matter.

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

@Glennstavos I cannot resist the urge!

That IS pretty cool. But I have to wait for an optimal nature. It would be irresponsible to dump 20K feathers on a unit that struggles to keep up with Alphonse whom I do use. Plus, if I maxed Seliph's HM (which would take all of the two weeks), that only pays for 3K of the cost. 

10 minutes ago, Othin said:

Don't forget the "effective bonus" from stuff like bows vs fliers: that takes the form of a 100% crit rate. Wrath too, for that matter.

Indeed, and there’s also the triangle attack. Enemy-only in vanilla, but there nonetheless.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao @Rezzy Dang that's some bad luck :(

At least you got the bonus units!

Ad I guess the Atk/Spd Sacred Seals can somewhat patch them up in an emergency...

Aye. Nothing's unworkable :)

Just levelling up my Sigurd now, though using Sharena as the bonus in the meantime. I do wish they'd give us a little bit more time before a new arena season and a new banner, sometimes >.< But that's the reason I did up the beginning trio, since I always have them in a pinch :)

Just now, Cute Chao said:

Aye. Nothing's unworkable :)

Just levelling up my Sigurd now, though using Sharena as the bonus in the meantime. I do wish they'd give us a little bit more time before a new arena season and a new banner, sometimes >.< But that's the reason I did up the beginning trio, since I always have them in a pinch :)

Meanwhile I'm just using my newly promoted Sharena because I have no bonus unit except 4 star Cecilia.

Such is the life of low orbs

Managed to finally do the Squad Assaults except the last one. Damn reinforcement maps! I did finally get some use of some units though:

Map 1 (Brides)- 4 star Nino, Klein, Olivia and Elise with Fortify Def and Solid Earth Balm for Nino buffs. (Was Sakura but I think I'll move her to the last map). Ninoi baits Caeda, and is left with red health (1 health if no Res buffs). Nino defeats Caeda with Moonbow. Klein deals with archers whle Nino and Klein work together vs Lyn.

Map 2 (Katarina aka baiting hell against Ploy skills)- Brave Axe Frederick, Blarblade Ursula, Sharena, M!Robin with TA and Lancebreaker. First turn was to move Frederick with Hone Cav and Ursula to the right side outside the danger area. Ursula snipes Luke, Frederick Repositions her away then Robin Draws Back Ursula. Frederick tanks the archer and is now on low health. Sharena moves to left, while my cavalry moves out of the way so Robin baits Roderick/archer. Katarina moves left, which Sharena + Ursula finishes off.  Robin finishes archer while Frederick uses Brave Axe + Bonfire to decimate Roderick.

Map 3- Hector, Tobin (Axebreaker), Takumi and Tharja. Hector moves to the right to deal with thief and Robin. Tobin and Tharja go against Tiki while Tobin + Takumi deal with flier (Tobin is left with 1 HP!)

Map 4- Merric, Linde, Ike, Gordin- Merric baits S!Corrin with Linde Res buffs. Basically just careful baiting an sniping with Ardent Sacrifice support from Linde. Once Corrin goes down, Gordin+Linde fight the Ruby sword flier. Ike can bait archer and deal with Elise thanks to Vantage, although sometimes, Gordin is needed to finish off archer.

Map 5- Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Xander, Sakura (?)- Tried Camus at first but Fury isn't the best in this map without healer support. Still a work in progress but at least Sakura should be quite bulky.

So yeah assault modes really make you feel happy you keep certain units! Like Merric and Gordin!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Meanwhile I'm just using my newly promoted Sharena because I have no bonus unit except 4 star Cecilia.

Such is the life of low orbs

Managed to finally do the Squad Assaults except the last one. Damn reinforcement maps! I did finally get some use of some units though:

*Snip*

So yeah assault modes really make you feel happy you keep certain units! Like Merric and Gordin!

Well, if you have Anna, Alfonse and Sharena promoted, you are never without :D (apart from for TT. We won't mention that).

I'm saving up for Halloween now :)

The Squad Assaults can either be rock solid or fairly fun to go through. The third one with it's stupid reinforcement map, I hated. This last one again has a defence map and I just don't find them fun. The map with Luke and Rody is hard enough >.<

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I did the squad assaults following yorotsruu yorotsruu’s videos. I have no shame, because why would I. That person does Naga’s work.

I used someone's vid to help with the last one of three. Will probably need a lot more help with this latest one. Some sadistic person set those up!

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I used someone's vid to help with the last one of three. Will probably need a lot more help with this latest one. Some sadistic person set those up!

Argh I almost had it with the last one!

Sadly I left Sakura in range of a Marching Armour knight (damn boosted stats!)

I really need to get rid of Amelia quicker next time. But yeah Sakura, Xander, Lancebreaker Reinhardt and Brave Lyn so far is doing decent work. Maybe I should use some feathers and 5 star a Gordin for Brave Bow+...

@Vaximillian Oh nice! Actually that's a good idea- I made it most of the way. Watched the video for the last map - in fact, I was thinking of using Lissa before I switched to Sakura, so I was on the right track with using someone with Rehabilitate! I was also thinking I should have used the BK and a dancer along the way, looks like I should have!

Still I'm glad I mostly was on track, I'll just do that for tomorrow to save stamina.

Edited by mcsilas