Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Well Arvis coming so soon was a bit unexpected. I do have feathers for him, so I guess my Brave Sword Hana project will get pushed back a while now till I get more feathers again. (Had 31k out of 42k saved up, rip)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

*Looks at Cherche*

I mean sure that's all fine and dandy but no one is going run Hinoka because she is inferior to three other lance fliers in this game

In which case, one can get an easy Hone attack fodder from someone else and give away her brave lance+ and hone fliers to someone who would use it better!

excuse u

When the game gives you an off-focus +Atk/-Res Hinoka in the first month of the game, that's simply a gift that you shouldn't ignore. Plus she's cheaper than Est because of Brave Lance+, which Hinoka comes with (not to mention the cost of Def Ploy, though Arvis will make that quite a bit easier to grab... assuming it's not 5-star exclusive). Assuming Cordelia is one of those other three, I'd argue that she'd be more interesting and unique with a (also more expensive) +Spd LaD3 build, since she has the speed to handle it while Hinoka and Est simply don't. And if Tana's the third, then I think the same as Cordelia applies for her, except even more so since her Atk is worse than all the other three while having more Spd than Cordelia. Although with something like +Def for Tana instead, 50 Atk, 36 Spd, and 36 Def on enemy phase is very respectable for tanking. I'm certainly not saying that they're worse than Hinoka with those builds, in fact they can be better in a lot of situations, but it's far from bad when the cheapest to build unit in comparison can still perform only marginally worse than her competitors.

Also I don't have Tana or 5-star Cordelia, so there's that too.

In other words: I'll fight you IRL over the best redhead flier who may or may not have an unfortunate lung issue.

In terms of feathers, I would've had 20,000 ready for Arvis... but Tailtiu needed that LaD3. I'll be saving to get Ayra a +1 merge for sure, and then Arvis is next, so my next 40,000 are pretty tied up. After that, it just depends on what kind of units we get in the future.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Too bad Ayra's Regnal Astra cant be inherited. A +SPD/-RES Sol Katti Lyn with Life and Death 3 Wrath 3 would have bumped another tier level!

My 5-star +Spd Fir that I foolishly upgraded could've finally been worth something...

Not really interested in Arvis. But at least I can promote a decent *5 red mage when I feel like it. Would rather save up feathers for Ayra if she winds up a GHB.

@DefaultBeep I have a +ATK/-DEF Fir I could upgrade... I wonder if that's any better.

Edited by Zeo

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'll fight you IRL over the best redhead flier who may or may not have an unfortunate lung issue.

My Oboro beats your Hinoka 1v1 so im not worried

It was Cordelia (who doesnt need the brave lance so it's kind of a waste) Est and Tana lol

the moral of the story is, there's a reason why Hinoka is A+ while Est is S and Cordelia and Tana are both SS
Jus sayin'

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Not really interested in Arvis. But at least I can promote a decent *5 red mage when I feel like it. Would rather save up feathers for Ayra if she winds up a GHB.

@DefaultBeep I have a +ATK/-DEF Fir I could upgrade... I wonder if that's any better.

+Atk would get her to 29 Atk without a weapon, at least. Her speed is already solid enough to not really need +Spd (especially with LaD, which would get her to 41 already), but with neutral Atk, she hits like a limp noodle with 36 points including her base Killing Edge+. -Def is what mine is, and it doesn't really hurt her that much (again, especially with LaD, her Def would be a lost cause anyway). Promoting Fir is really a decision of: do you like her enough to promote her? My answer was yes, but that was before SI and before I knew about boons/banes, so I'm lucky to even have a respectable one. If you don't care about her, there's plenty of other sword users that pretty much strictly outclass her (like Ayra, for instance). Doesn't mean I'm not going to promote her again if I get her with +Atk though

Although, with that Res, a Distant Counter Fir could be an interesting idea...

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It was Cordelia (who doesnt need the brave lance so it's kind of a waste) Est and Tana lol

the moral of the story is, there's a reason why Hinoka is A+ while Est is S and Cordelia and Tana are both SS
Jus sayin'

But is there a moral to you constantly hurting my feelings :(

And to think, I was going to propose to you, until a bunch of other people got in the way...

Oboro has blue hair and cannot fly, so she is unfortunately disqualified from the flying redhead division. In her own division, Oboro is certainly a strong contender, but that is not my primary area of expertise.

Also, I should've specified flying lance redhead division, because I forgot about Minerva and Michalis, who are both very strong contenders as well. I still find it incredible that Peri, Hinoka, and Minerva all share a VA. Talk about differentiating your voices...

38 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Jus sayin'

So Cordelia wants something else? Firesweep Lance maybe?

(if so i have a +Spd/-Def one waiting to be promoted and a spare 4 star Roderick..)

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

+Atk would get her to 29 Atk without a weapon, at least. Her speed is already solid enough to not really need +Spd (especially with LaD, which would get her to 41 already), but with neutral Atk, she hits like a limp noodle with 36 points including her base Killing Edge+. -Def is what mine is, and it doesn't really hurt her that much (again, especially with LaD, her Def would be a lost cause anyway). Promoting Fir is really a decision of: do you like her enough to promote her? My answer was yes, but that was before SI and before I knew about boons/banes, so I'm lucky to even have a respectable one. If you don't care about her, there's plenty of other sword users that pretty much strictly outclass her (like Ayra, for instance). Doesn't mean I'm not going to promote her again if I get her with +Atk though

Although, with that Res, a Distant Counter Fir could be an interesting idea...

Distant Counter is too rare of a skill and unfortunately lots of other units would probably use it better. Like Lloyd who literally fills Fir's exact role but better. I definitely like her, but there are units I like more and as a sword unit she's not high on the list of units I'd blow 20k feathers on. Heck if Guy popped up I'd probably promote him first.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Distant Counter is too rare of a skill and unfortunately lots of other units would probably use it better. Like Lloyd who literally fills Fir's exact role but better. I definitely like her, but there are units I like more and as a sword unit she's not high on the list of units I'd blow 20k feathers on. Heck if Guy popped up I'd probably promote him first.

Yeah, like I said, that's the problem with so many units that can do exactly what she could do, but better. Even her speed isn't as impressive and unique as it could be, when Lyn has one point higher while having a more desirable spread for the rest of her stats (same with Ayra, but with a Spd boon Fir could have more... although that's not accounting for Ayra's sword). If I ever manage to get a Hector, there are far more units I'd like to give it to over her, as unfortunate as it may be. Maybe someday I'll have a use for her...

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, like I said, that's the problem with so many units that can do exactly what she could do, but better. Even her speed isn't as impressive and unique as it could be, when Lyn has one point higher while having a more desirable spread for the rest of her stats (same with Ayra, but with a Spd boon Fir could have more... although that's not accounting for Ayra's sword). If I ever manage to get a Hector, there are far more units I'd like to give it to over her, as unfortunate as it may be. Maybe someday I'll have a use for her...

If a Tempest for FE6 pops up and you lack a good Roy or Lillina or of course Fir is a 40% unit. That's your best bet.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

If a Tempest for FE6 pops up and you lack a good Roy or Lillina or of course Fir is a 40% unit. That's your best bet.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I do have a solid Lilina, but it would be hard to resist the best chance to finally get Fir some Hero Merit. Let's hope we get one in a timely manner.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

That sounds like a serious genetic disorder/mutation.

Her big toe and pinky toes are the same size.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Deirdre has pretty big feet, and she has no hallux.

The first one doesn't bother me that much, but I can't unsee the second now that you mentioned it. Julia's feet are perfectly fine by comparison...

10 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

The first one doesn't bother me that much, but I can't unsee the second now that you mentioned it. Julia's feet are perfectly fine by comparison...

As someone with rather large feet myself, I approve of your first comment.

To think that Julia is the inbred one and is not the one with the foot deformity,

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To think that Julia is the inbred one and is not the one with the foot deformity,

Arvis's initial reaction when he learned that Deirdre was his sister was not disgust, or even shock, but relief that he avoided sharing her odd toe issues.

Although, we still have yet to see Julius's own feet... Perhaps his hatred for his sister was fueled not by corruption, but by a jealousy that had been brewing since he and Julia were young.

+10 Tiki with Steady Breath QR and Aether is the bane of my existence... period. I can deal with Fae i can deal with Nowi or any other dragon, ecxept Tiki. *Flip Table*

I just lack the counter against her if Azama is missing in my Team and Sigurd sucks against Dragons. She is my kryptonite!!!

Edited by Hilda

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I almost forgot Deidre isnt an inbred. Although the real question is if Cygyun is one since its likely lorewise

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner