• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Reveal hidden contents

9J61DJ9.png

Mind = BLOWN.

I had a similar experience looking over Ayra's matchup lists yesterday (though I admit that this guy's spread is even more hilarious, even if it is against neutral/no-inheritance). Assuming their datamined stat lines are accurate, those two are insane...

40 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hide contents

9J61DJ9.png

Mind = BLOWN.

He's like Red Effie, but better.  But the sad thing is, he's still limited by that 1 movement.  Hector and the Black Knight get by okay, since they have Distant Counter, but it's so easy to kite Armors in Arena that I look forward to seeing Armor Emblem teams in Arena.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

He's like Red Effie, but better.  But the sad thing is, he's still limited by that 1 movement.  Hector and the Black Knight get by okay, since they have Distant Counter, but it's so easy to kite Armors in Arena that I look forward to seeing Armor Emblem teams in Arena.

He takes Amelia as his lover. Problem solved.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

He takes Amelia as his lover. Problem solved.

It's all to easy to pull them apart.  Like Orpheus and Eurydice, Arden turns to see that his waifu is already dead, and he is now helpless.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

To think that Julia is the inbred one and is not the one with the foot deformity,

One generation of incest isn't guaranteed to start up the deformities, it took a while before we got Charles II of Spain- the poster child of European royal/aristocratic incest (taken from Wikipedia):

Spoiler

By the time of Charles's birth there had been many generations of inbreeding within the Spanish royal house; his physical and mental disabilities are widely attributed to this inbreeding. The practice of first-cousin and uncle-niece marriages was common among 17th-century European nobility, intended to preserve prosperous families' properties. The Habsburgs were an extreme case of this; they had won their extensive holdings mostly through marriages and were determined to keep others from turning the tables on them. Charles's own immediate pedigree was almost exclusively populated with close relative relationships: Charles's mother, Mariana of Austria, herself a Habsburg, was a niece of his father, Philip. Mariana was a daughter of Empress Maria Anna of Spain (1606–46) and Emperor Ferdinand III. Thus Maria Anna was simultaneously his aunt and grandmother while Margaret of Austria, Maria Anna's mother, was both his grandmother and great-grandmother. The inbreeding was so widespread in his case that all of his eight great-grandparents were descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile. This inbreeding had given so many hereditary weaknesses in the family that a Habsburg generation was more prone to stillbirthsthan were peasants in Spanish villages.[6]

There was also mental illness in Charles's family. His ancestor, Queen Joanna, was said to have become insane early in life, and became known as "Joanna the Mad". Many historians now doubt that she was insane, and instead think she had depression from losing many members of her family in a short period of time, with the death of her husband Philip the Handsome being the last straw.

Dating to approximately the year 1550, outbreeding in Charles II's lineage had ceased (see also pedigree collapse).[6] From then on, all his ancestors were in one way or another descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile, and among these just the royal houses of Spain, Austria and Bavaria. Charles II's genome was actually more homozygous than that of a child whose parents are siblings.[6] He was born physically and mentally disabled, and disfigured. Possibly through affliction with mandibular prognathism, he was barely able to chew.[6] His tongue was so large that his speech could barely be understood, and he frequently drooled.[6] It has been suggested that he suffered from the endocrine disease acromegaly, or his inbred lineage may have led to a combination of rare genetic disorders such as combined pituitary hormone deficiency and distal renal tubular acidosis.[6]

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

One generation of incest isn't guaranteed to start up the deformities, it took a while before we got Charles II of Spain- the poster child of European royal/aristocratic incest (taken from Wikipedia):

Reveal hidden contents

By the time of Charles's birth there had been many generations of inbreeding within the Spanish royal house; his physical and mental disabilities are widely attributed to this inbreeding. The practice of first-cousin and uncle-niece marriages was common among 17th-century European nobility, intended to preserve prosperous families' properties. The Habsburgs were an extreme case of this; they had won their extensive holdings mostly through marriages and were determined to keep others from turning the tables on them. Charles's own immediate pedigree was almost exclusively populated with close relative relationships: Charles's mother, Mariana of Austria, herself a Habsburg, was a niece of his father, Philip. Mariana was a daughter of Empress Maria Anna of Spain (1606–46) and Emperor Ferdinand III. Thus Maria Anna was simultaneously his aunt and grandmother while Margaret of Austria, Maria Anna's mother, was both his grandmother and great-grandmother. The inbreeding was so widespread in his case that all of his eight great-grandparents were descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile. This inbreeding had given so many hereditary weaknesses in the family that a Habsburg generation was more prone to stillbirthsthan were peasants in Spanish villages.[6]

There was also mental illness in Charles's family. His ancestor, Queen Joanna, was said to have become insane early in life, and became known as "Joanna the Mad". Many historians now doubt that she was insane, and instead think she had depression from losing many members of her family in a short period of time, with the death of her husband Philip the Handsome being the last straw.

Dating to approximately the year 1550, outbreeding in Charles II's lineage had ceased (see also pedigree collapse).[6] From then on, all his ancestors were in one way or another descendants of Joanna and Philip I of Castile, and among these just the royal houses of Spain, Austria and Bavaria. Charles II's genome was actually more homozygous than that of a child whose parents are siblings.[6] He was born physically and mentally disabled, and disfigured. Possibly through affliction with mandibular prognathism, he was barely able to chew.[6] His tongue was so large that his speech could barely be understood, and he frequently drooled.[6] It has been suggested that he suffered from the endocrine disease acromegaly, or his inbred lineage may have led to a combination of rare genetic disorders such as combined pituitary hormone deficiency and distal renal tubular acidosis.[6]

It depends, if you have any recessive gene, it's more likely to show with inbreeding.  The bad ones just tend to pile up faster after generations of it.  If you have a single lethal gene, it's very likely to be expressed when two siblings S Support.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Who does he miss?

Gwendolyn, Ike, Lukas, Oscar, Subaki, Zephiel, Effie, Abel. Add Oscar and Arden himself if everyone has Fury 3.

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I had a similar experience looking over Ayra's matchup lists yesterday (though I admit that this guy's spread is even more hilarious, even if it is against neutral/no-inheritance). Assuming their datamined stat lines are accurate, those two are insane...

Arden's are crazy but probably accurate. It's Ayra I'm worried about because her BST is ridiculous and it seems like her stats could very well just be juiced for the maps she's on. If she's as good as she seems to be then awesome, but it's more realistic and less power creepy if she's a few stats short of what we've seen.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah, just have to be careful if he's fielded with Amelia or has Distant Counter himself. With that followup ring pretty much anything he touches is dying. Especially if he's running Ignis. If I got an Amelia with a bad nature I'd be inclined to feed armor march to him and run two swords. He's... stupid good actually. Slap a Deflect Magic 3 seal on him just to cover his biggest weakness and he's good.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Yeah, just have to be careful if he's fielded with Amelia or has Distant Counter himself. With that followup ring pretty much anything he touches is dying. Especially if he's running Ignis. If I got an Amelia with a bad nature I'd be inclined to feed armor march to him and run two swords. He's... stupid good actually. Slap a Deflect Magic 3 seal on him just to cover his biggest weakness and he's good.

Well, I guess Arden might have secured himself a permanent spot in my armours. Where's Amelia going to fit when I get her?

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Well, I guess Arden might have secured himself a permanent spot in my armours. Where's Amelia going to fit when I get her?

One of your knights’ C-slot is where.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hector and Effie are staples. After that you can run Arden instead of BK or you can run BK and then you can run Amelia or you can feed an Amelia to Arden. Otherwise he'll be replacing BK and you'll have a player phase Sword armor instead of an enemy phase one. If you were going to run Amelia then you'd probably be alright swapping out BK for Arden since 2 mov would be a thing.

@Vaximillian This guy knows what I'm talking about.

Edited by Zeo

One of the strongest and most powerful characters from the Tellius games? Fittingly powerful, a very solid unit all-around.

A joke character that even the developers poke fun at? Can decimate almost the entire cast.

What an update this has been.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

One of your knights’ C-slot is where.

One of the purposes of the Armour team is to put a good initial score forward in Arena Assault. Amelia would be lovely for that.

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

Hector and Effie are staples. After that you can run Arden instead of BK or you can run BK and then you can run Amelia or you can feed an Amelia to Arden. Otherwise he'll be replacing BK and you'll have a player phase Sword armor instead of an enemy phase one. If you were going to run Amelia then you'd probably be alright swapping out BK for Arden since 2 mov would be a thing.

I like how I don't think I've ever stated my armour team and you know what it is straight away. I guess that's an all right move... all things considered, the Alondite's legendary bonus is probably the least valuable thing around. Well, Effie's got nothing special other than being the only blue in consideration.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

One of the strongest and most powerful characters from the Tellius games? Fittingly powerful, a very solid unit all-around.

A joke character that even the developers poke fun at? Can decimate almost the entire cast.

What an update this has been.

IS is just asking someone to build the Ultimate Meme Team. And they're giving us the tools to make it terrifying. I mean...I faced a Close Counter Wrys in the Arena not that long ago. He planted himself on a defense tile, and with his outrageous RES, my mage team couldn't kill him. RIP.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

IS is just asking someone to build the Ultimate Meme Team. And they're giving us the tools to make it terrifying. I mean...I faced a Close Counter Wrys in the Arena not that long ago. He planted himself on a defense tile, and with his outrageous RES, my mage team couldn't kill him. RIP.

I wonder if there are any more potential joke characters they could add. I'm still hoping they give Glade special treatment for being last place in the CYL gauntlet, but I'm not sure who else could work beyond that. At this point though, Meme Teams are already well on their way to being actually powerful to use and frightening to face.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I wonder if there are any more potential joke characters they could add. I'm still hoping they give Glade special treatment for being last place in the CYL gauntlet, but I'm not sure who else could work beyond that. At this point though, Meme Teams are already well on their way to being actually powerful to use and frightening to face.

FEH could easily do something with the enemy characters that appear in games that are usually twins/brothers and have ridiculous/unfitting names like Pain and Agony, Maggie and Rose...etc. IDK if those count as memes, but like...it's definitely a running gag. I think there are 8 of them in total. We could get two banners with four each!

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Bandit twins voting gauntlet. You want it, don’t deny.

And they all have the exact same artist. I think I'd really push for the one that does the extra super sparkly eyes like Lachesis....and I want to say Est? Super Magical Bandit Gauntlet. GO! I'd have a difficult time picking someone to support. So I guess I'd feel like a winner no matter what.

The first unsalty gauntlet.

But probably not because someone will always find something to be salty about.

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

And they all have the exact same artist. I think I'd really push for the one that does the extra super sparkly eyes like Lachesis....and I want to say Est? Super Magical Bandit Gauntlet. GO! I'd have a difficult time picking someone to support. So I guess I'd feel like a winner no matter what.

The first unsalty gauntlet.

But probably not because someone will always find something to be salty about.

We have:

Maggie and Rose from FE6. Jasmine and Paul from FE7. Pain and Agony from FE10. Victor and Vincent from FE13. And the L duo whose names escape me from FE14. 

10 units? Watch, Pain and Agony will be left out, DeNA hates RD.

You see, sodium!

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

We have:

Maggie and Rose from FE6. Jasmine and Paul from FE7. Pain and Agony from FE10. Victor and Vincent from FE13. And the L duo whose names escape me from FE14. 

10 units? Watch, Pain and Agony will be left out, DeNA hates RD.

You see, sodium!

Or better yet Pain and Agony will come before the Dawn Brigade does.

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

FEH could easily do something with the enemy characters that appear in games that are usually twins/brothers and have ridiculous/unfitting names like Pain and Agony, Maggie and Rose...etc. IDK if those count as memes, but like...it's definitely a running gag. I think there are 8 of them in total. We could get two banners with four each!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about them! They could totally work! We could use some more "strong" axe users anyway, so that'd be perfect. Thinking about strictly meme characters, there's also Dorcas, who has certainly gained some popularity. But the thing about Wrys and Arden's meme factor is that the developers of their original games treated them like jokes too, like a Dan from Street Fighter situation. The twin characters are definitely developer meme characters (or I guess a meme archetype in their case?), so they sound like great options.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lloyd and Llewelyn.

I was thinking Llewelyn, but didn't know how to spell it. Lloyd, I was telling myself it couldn't be that since that is the name of a FE7 char, but Fates was the game that gave us two Arthurs and Selenas. Lloyd probably looks better than Heroes Four Fang Lloyd.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Gromell when?

He's been in since launch. With a perfectly functioning magic weapon, a really good one at that. It's a shame nobody else has ever used one.

And Kellam when? Or how about the character who everyone falls in love with- Emmeryn!