Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

To be honest, I was almost expecting your free pull on the banner to be Julia. That would've been... perfect? I'll leave that up to you. Although, speaking of Julia, if she gets put on the Tempest banner, would you rather try for her, or keep going for her mother?

With my Arthurian luck, I was almost expecting my free pull to be a 3★ Res/Def Beruka. It was a 4★ Hana.

I am a stubborn cat and would keep going for her mother. She would understand in any case.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I wouldn't be surprised if they make "most popular units per game get stat bonuses" a thing from now on. At least the top 4 still have the special reward of getting two different versions in the game, with the top two also getting that extra BST.

There have been times that I've cleared all the rewards with just the +20% bonus unit, but that takes a combination of extra dedication and more freetime, so I don't expect everyone else to do the same either. I'm currently planning to run PA Olivia as a Dancer/Healer hybrid (her dagger + BoL3 + BoL Seal), Seliph for HM (I'll likely never get a good chance to get him HM again), and Tailtiu because good unit plus color variety plus I like her. The last spot will hopefully be Deirdre, but otherwise I'll just throw whoever in that spot instead.

I managed to get Tailtiu, my most wanted unit, in three pulls. Unfortunately, both Vaximillian and I have had much less luck with Deirdre. Hopefully Tempest orbs will give us all a better chance, indeed.

I wonder what that means for the top characters that are already released. Ike and Lyn got the special treatment thanks to the CYL banner, but Caeda, Marth, Celica, Alm, Olwen, Lilina, Roy, Hector, Eirika, Nephenee, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla and Takumi are all already in the game. Don't know, if they'll eventually release a boosted BST version of these characters or just do it for the top characters from those games that aren't in the game yet. Of course, that is all assuming that Ayra and Sigurd got the BST boost because they were the top 2 most popular.

I'd completely forgotten that the ranged PA weapon have BoL3 built-in. I could definitely use PA!Shigure next TT instead of Azura. (I could upgrade the BoL seal for 21 AoE heal, though even 17 is pretty good). And I might use Seliph once I'm satisfied with my score and if I have time to grind. Otherwise I'll go the easy way and use Sigurd instead.

I'm similar in that I got Sigurd on my second pull (my very first pull was a 4* Seliph funnily enough). Haven't tried another pull since I now wait till I have 20 orbs before pulling, so still no idea . I gave up my color sniping ways when I gave up whaling. 

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Black Knight is extremely good, certainly better than I'd expected a TT unit to be. But while they were pretty generous with his power set, giving him a legendary weapon, a personal 5* special, and solid passives, they were even more generous with Ayra. Her skill set meets all those criteria but her weapon is designed to CYL standards rather than early Heroes standards, and one of her passives is a highly desirable skill that's so far been exclusive to 5* summons. Also she has extra BST.

It’s for this reason that I think she’s more likely to be a TT reward than a GHB reward. One less copy of Swift Sparrow for people, and considerably less likely to be repeated. Even if the skill is locked to 5-Star, that’s hardly a large barrier anymore. 

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I don't know if this is only me, but I feel the game's getting super boring lately. I think the game needs some new feature to be refreshed to make players grind more or something. After clearing the small content they've been adding, what's left in the game is self improvement, basically. TT only matters once you hit the 40/50K rewards, the rest of feathers and orbs are up to the players' mood, and VG lost its charm since its first iteration.

Kind of get what you mean. But then again, I got EO yesterday and I've been busy playing around with that.

1 minute ago, Eridras said:

It’s for this reason that I think she’s more likely to be a TT reward than a GHB reward. One less copy of Swift Sparrow for people, and considerably less likely to be repeated. Even if the skill is locked to 5-Star, that’s hardly a large barrier anymore. 

I guess, although I absolutely disagree about her being any less likely to be repeated.

In any case, GHB seems to be out based on the datamines.

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I don't know if this is only me, but I feel the game's getting super boring lately. I think the game needs some new feature to be refreshed to make players grind more or something. After clearing the small content they've been adding, what's left in the game is self improvement, basically. TT only matters once you hit the 40/50K rewards, the rest of feathers and orbs are up to the players' mood, and VG lost its charm since its first iteration.

I dunno, I think it's just dependent on what each player enjoys. I always enjoy the Tempest Trial (yes, even the first one, though the newer ones have definitely been more fun), and I'm perfectly content to play past the 100,000 point mark, just because I find it fun. The other modes don't interest me as much anymore, but I still find them enjoyable enough to keep me invested, at least for now.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

With my Arthurian luck, I was almost expecting my free pull to be a 3★ Res/Def Beruka. It was a 4★ Hana.

I am a stubborn cat and would keep going for her mother. She would understand in any case.

That reminds me of that Arthur I pulled soon after Tailtiu. The irony was too great.

Understandable. I'm still going for Deirdre first and foremost as well, but if Eldigan is on the Tempest banner, then I'm not sure if I'll still try for Sigurd. It'll probably depend on how willing I am to risk getting more 5-star Seliphs, I suppose.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I wonder what that means for the top characters that are already released. Ike and Lyn got the special treatment thanks to the CYL banner, but Caeda, Marth, Celica, Alm, Olwen, Lilina, Roy, Hector, Eirika, Nephenee, Lucina, Chrom, Camilla and Takumi are all already in the game. Don't know, if they'll eventually release a boosted BST version of these characters or just do it for the top characters from those games that aren't in the game yet. Of course, that is all assuming that Ayra and Sigurd got the BST boost because they were the top 2 most popular.

I'd completely forgotten that the ranged PA weapon have BoL3 built-in. I could definitely use PA!Shigure next TT instead of Azura. (I could upgrade the BoL seal for 21 AoE heal, though even 17 is pretty good). And I might use Seliph once I'm satisfied with my score and if I have time to grind. Otherwise I'll go the easy way and use Sigurd instead.

I'm similar in that I got Sigurd on my second pull (my very first pull was a 4* Seliph funnily enough). Haven't tried another pull since I now wait till I have 20 orbs before pulling, so still no idea . I gave up my color sniping ways when I gave up whaling. 

Unfortunately, I think they may end up just being victims of early inclusions. Only time will tell in the end, of course.

I'm so glad I got PA Olivia, so I can finally stop giving Masked Marth more HM that can't be used. I'll probably just use the level 1 Seal, since there are other Seals that could be useful both inside and outside the Tempest. Distant Defense 3 Seal on Arvis was pretty fun to use while training.

I had saved up a number of orbs beforehand, so I got to spend some in my quest for Deirdre. I'm way too nervous of missing someone to not wait for 20 orbs though, so I'll definitely be waiting until the Tempest to try again.

5 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Being a TT reward unit means that she has a 100% chance to be repeated, technically; we've already had Masked Marth come back in the Mini TT. It'll still be quite a while for her to be repeated, but if Xander and Camus are any indication, being a strong GHB unit means that being rerun will take quite a while too.

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Being a TT reward unit means that she has a 100% chance to be repeated, technically; we've already had Masked Marth come back in the Mini TT. It'll still be quite a while for her to be repeated, but if Xander and Camus are any indication, being a strong GHB unit means that being rerun will take quite a while too.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I guess, although I absolutely disagree about her being any less likely to be repeated.

In any case, GHB seems to be out based on the datamines.

The one TT unit we’ve had repeat thus far has nothing to inherit, and is the central character in the TT storyline. I’m not saying that TT units will never come back; it’s just more likely to see a repeat GHB than TT. 

Besides, given how we already have had Narcian repeat twice versus none for Xander and Camus, I can totally see that also being the case for Ayra. 

I dunno, I think it's just dependent on what each player enjoys. I always enjoy the Tempest Trial (yes, even the first one, though the newer ones have definitely been more fun), and I'm perfectly content to play past the 100,000 point mark, just because I find it fun. The other modes don't interest me as much anymore, but I still find them enjoyable enough to keep me invested, at least for now.

Well yeah, the fun of the TT (or other modes, except VG) per se isn't a concern to me because I like it a lot, and it's pretty much the only reason, asides from self improvement (leveling, SI, etc.) what keeps me playing the game. I mean these days I just log in, clear daily quests and forget the game exists, and weekends are the moment I play the Warriors maps. But asides that, it leaves little reason to keep playing the game.

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Kind of get what you mean. But then again, I got EO yesterday and I've been busy playing around with that.

Nice! My only distractions are Heroes and Mobius, and Mobius is taking quite a lot of my time!

4 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That reminds me of that Arthur I pulled soon after Tailtiu. The irony was too great.

Tailtiu influenced the pull. She was yearned for Lex, but unable to reach him, her call resonated across the worlds and Arthur moved by it came instead.

26 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Holy Sword Olwen! Make her the ultimate Reinhardt counter!

Takumi as a Kinshi Knight instead of Sniper could give us a Bow Flier, for Reina isn't that popular. Camilla could get a tome (borrow Brynhildr?).

Marth can get a Rapier or Mercurius (which was locked to FE1 Marth).

Royal Sword or Bow Alm is okay. Celica with Beloved Zofia too.

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wtf EO5 is already out?

Came out yesterday, the eShop has a demo with data transfer I think.

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Wtf EO5 is already out?

It came out yesterday, yeah

Funny enough, I named one of my characters Reinhart (spelling intentional).

Edited by Sunwoo

3 minutes ago, Eridras said:

The one TT unit we’ve had repeat thus far has nothing to inherit, and is the central character in the TT storyline. I’m not saying that TT units will never come back; it’s just more likely to see a repeat GHB than TT. 

Besides, given how we already have had Narcian repeat twice versus none for Xander and Camus, I can totally see that also being the case for Ayra. 

The only character we've had return is also the first TT character. The pattern for repeating could very easily be "every TT unit in order." We can't say for sure what pattern there is even if there is one, but going in order seems to be a very safe bet right now.

Also, every repeat and rerepeat has been done in release order except for Xander and Camus, if I recall correctly. The reason why those two were skipped is because they're considered to be very powerful units. Narcian, on the other hand, is more commonly known as "4-star Lancebreaker 3 fodder," which isn't even unique to him anymore now that Oscar was added. Similar situation for characters like Robin and Ursula; they're good units, but they're not commonly seen as the best of the best like Xander and Camus. With a boosted BST total, a personal weapon on par with CYL weapons, a unique Special, and Swift Sparrow 2, I highly, highly doubt that the devs consider Ayra to be on par with someone like Narcian.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tailtiu influenced the pull. She was yearned for Lex, but unable to reach him, her call resonated across the worlds and Arthur moved by it came instead.

excuse u

TailtiuxAzelle for life, bro.

Azelle needs a close childhood friend like Tailtiu to get over Adean's rejection in favor of Midayle.

And in the process, they realize that they're perfect for each other, and their friendship will blossom into something more.

Into love.

Lex got nobody in my run. Too bad for him.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

<snip>

How about we add new characters instead of recycling the old ones? It bothers me a lot.

TailtiuxAzelle for life, bro.

Lex got nobody in my run. Too bad for him.

Azelle×Tailtiu bro :3

I’m doing Lex×Ayra in my current run. Ōsawa pairings (except Finn×Lachesis) FTW.

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

The only character we've had return is also the first TT character. The pattern for repeating could very easily be "every TT unit in order." We can't say for sure what pattern there is even if there is one, but going in order seems to be a very safe bet right now.

Also, every repeat and rerepeat has been done in release order except for Xander and Camus, if I recall correctly. The reason why those two were skipped is because they're considered to be very powerful units. Narcian, on the other hand, is more commonly known as "4-star Lancebreaker 3 fodder," which isn't even unique to him anymore now that Oscar was added. Similar situation for characters like Robin and Ursula; they're good units, but they're not commonly seen as the best of the best like Xander and Camus. With a boosted BST total, a personal weapon on par with CYL weapons, a unique Special, and Swift Sparrow 2, I highly, highly doubt that the devs consider Ayra to be on par with someone like Narcian.

Early GHB Revivals were actually quite out of order. f!Robin and Navarre were first despite being the second and fifth GHBs to run, and I don't think they were the only ones out of order.

Still, they've been pretty close to the order lately. I'm sure we'll get a return of Tobin soon, perhaps as soon as the upcoming TT. If Ayra is replacing the two new seals, 4* Tobin might replace the rerun seal at 12k.

Edited by Othin

18 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Unfortunately, I think they may end up just being victims of early inclusions. Only time will tell in the end, of course.

I'm so glad I got PA Olivia, so I can finally stop giving Masked Marth more HM that can't be used. I'll probably just use the level 1 Seal, since there are other Seals that could be useful both inside and outside the Tempest. Distant Defense 3 Seal on Arvis was pretty fun to use while training.

I had saved up a number of orbs beforehand, so I got to spend some in my quest for Deirdre. I'm way too nervous of missing someone to not wait for 20 orbs though, so I'll definitely be waiting until the Tempest to try again.

I can just imagine a 5th Lucina with Boosted BST being released with Hone Lucina >v>

9999 HM cap when? I'll probably do the same, since there are a lot of other seals I want to forge and upgrade, but the potential for 21 AoE is there at least. Getting the DD seal to 3 was the first thing I did with my coins. Now my +Def Sigurd is sporting it.

I used all my orbs except for 20 on the PA banner. Got Amelia, regular Azura and PA!Shigure, which isn't a bad result at all. The only thing is that I'm kind of conflicted as to whether I want to pull from the PA banner in hopes of a PA!Inigo or PA!Azura or pull from the FE4 banner for a chance at Deirdre and Tailtiu. And I used to color snipe because I often had a 200 orbs supply when pulling and had most of the units in the game due to whaling, so I wasn't really interesting in any units other than the one I was looking for. Which led to the tragedy that was the CYL banner. 450 orbs sniping blues for B!Lucina. Never got her, got spooked by B!Ike, 2 B!Roys, 1 Boey, 1 Alm, 2 Abel and a regular Lucina. The fact that I got so many no blue sessions that ended up in a pity breaker and the only 2 Blue 5* were the same 4-5* unit that had broken my pity in the past made me completely disgusted from pulling or whaling in general. Glad I gave it up since my experience with the game has improved since then and my wallet is really thankful for it as well.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How about we add new characters instead of recycling the old ones? It bothers me a lot.

I completely get that, I was just making musing about if they wanted to add new variants of present characters. If being denied Swimsuit Banners 3 and 4 was what it took to get everyone else into this game, I'd make the hard sacrifice for the right thing.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Right. I was comparing Ayra to Xander and Camus as to why we’d be less likely to see her in a repeat.  If they have skipped those two on GHB repeats, I can totally see Ayra being skipped because “reasons.”  

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Azelle×Tailtiu bro :3

I’m doing Lex×Ayra in my current run. Ōsawa pairings (except Finn×Lachesis) FTW.

Aaah, I still need to read that manga. Although, I think there might've actually been two of them for FE4? I don't remember who did them, but whichever one had that one scene with Lachesis and the Earth Sword is the one I'm thinking of. I want to read that scene in its entirety so badly. But whenever I start another run of FE4, I'm not sure I could resist pairing Arden and Ayra thanks to Heroes. I already have plans for them once I can obtain them in Heroes ;) I also want to do a substitute run someday. Agh, why must such a long game have so many options for replaying...

I actually still have the list I made for pairings when I played, so I would make sure to not accidentally pair the wrong people. Let's see if I remember the reasons for each one:

Spoiler

Ayra and Naoise - I kinda just wanted to pair Naoise with somebody because I like him, and he seemed to give Ayra's kids some solid skills.

Adean and Midayle - I'm biased for bow knights, and Azelle was reserved for Tailtiu anyway.

Lachesis and Beowolf - I don't remember why I started it, but I'm glad I did, since they actually had a lore-related conversation in Chapter 5, which was a nice surprise.

Sylvia and Claud - It seemed like the only option, considering the classes of Sylvia's kids. Plus, Lewyn was reserved for...

Fury/Erin and Lewyn - Obvious choice, but I like them as a pair. Also I'm still stubborn about Fury, but I'll begrudgingly accept it once Erinys is officially made canon in Heroes. I'm 100% giving her Fury as her A skill, though.

Brigid and Dew - Again, children's classes.

Tailtiu and Azelle - 10% for being good for their kids, and 90% for being cute and lore-related.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Early GHB Revivals were actually quite out of order. f!Robin and Navarre were first despite being the second and fifth GHBs to run, and I don't think they were the only ones out of order.

Still, they've been pretty close to the order lately. I'm sure we'll get a return of Tobin soon, perhaps as soon as the upcoming TT. If Ayra is replacing the two new seals, 4* Tobin might replace the rerun seal at 12k.

That's what I get for not checking to make sure. That's an interesting point about the rerun seals, though. Will we get four copies total of the rerun unit? Will they give two rerun units at once? Will the seals stay there? Will there just not be anything at those point marks? I'm very curious to know now.

9 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I can just imagine a 5th Lucina with Boosted BST being released with Hone Lucina >v>

9999 HM cap when? I'll probably do the same, since there are a lot of other seals I want to forge and upgrade, but the potential for 21 AoE is there at least. Getting the DD seal to 3 was the first thing I did with my coins. Now my +Def Sigurd is sporting it.

I used all my orbs except for 20 on the PA banner. Got Amelia, regular Azura and PA!Shigure, which isn't a bad result at all. The only thing is that I'm kind of conflicted as to whether I want to pull from the PA banner in hopes of a PA!Inigo or PA!Azura or pull from the FE4 banner for a chance at Deirdre and Tailtiu. And I used to color snipe because I often had a 200 orbs supply when pulling and had most of the units in the game due to whaling, so I wasn't really interesting in any units other than the one I was looking for. Which led to the tragedy that was the CYL banner. 450 orbs sniping blues for B!Lucina. Never got her, got spooked by B!Ike, 2 B!Roys, 1 Boey, 1 Alm, 2 Abel and a regular Lucina. The fact that I got so many no blue sessions that ended up in a pity breaker and the only 2 Blue 5* were the same 4-5* unit that had broken my pity in the past made me completely disgusted from pulling or whaling in general. Glad I gave it up since my experience with the game has improved since then and my wallet is really thankful for it as well.

But then we'll have to choose who to use on Lucina Emblem! They wouldn't dare!

I was both happy and sad to see the cap increase the first time. Happy because more feathers, but sad because there were characters that I was planning to fodder off once I hit their max HM, and suddenly I had to use them even more.

See, my own experience has improved since I started sniping colors. I got almost no 5-stars for months at first (and almost all the ones I did get were off-focus), but once I started sniping, I finally started getting the characters I care about. If I hadn't sniped for Tailtiu, she would've cost me 55 orbs (thanks to the free pull); because I sniped, though, she only took 10 (again including the free pull). But as long as you've been getting better results, then it seems like a solid thing to do regardless.

12 minutes ago, Eridras said:

Right. I was comparing Ayra to Xander and Camus as to why we’d be less likely to see her in a repeat.  If they have skipped those two on GHB repeats, I can totally see Ayra being skipped because “reasons.”  

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood what you wrote. My apologies. Hopefully whatever they plan to do with Ayra is revealed soon either way.

8 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't remember who did them, but whichever one had that one scene with Lachesis and the Earth Sword is the one I'm thinking of.

Yep, Ōsawa Mitsuki’s is the one with the triangle of Finn, Lachesis, and the earth sword.

On my first playthrough, I did Ayra×Chulainn because skill overkill is skillful overkillful, and Edain×Midir because why not.

This time I’m doing Edain×Jamke and giving Lester the PursuitFollow-up ring because, again, why not.

Also Lachesis’ Heroes design is heretical. It’s not pink/purple enough. What’s up with all this yellow/beige?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yep, Ōsawa Mitsuki’s is the one with the triangle of Finn, Lachesis, and the earth sword.

On my first playthrough, I did Ayra×Chulainn because skill overkill is skillful overkillful, and Edain×Midir because why not.

This time I’m doing Edain×Jamke and giving Lester the PursuitFollow-up ring because, again, why not.

Also Lachesis’ Heroes design is heretical. It’s not pink/purple enough. What’s up with all this yellow/beige?

Alright, cool. Well, maybe not for Lachesis, I suppose...

I really thought I had at least paired Jamke and Lex with somebody, but I guess I didn't. I do remember leaving Alec and Arden out on purpose. Alec I don't really care about, and Arden, regrettably, because I was unaware of his perfectness at the time.

Ugh, don't... don't get me started on Lachesis in Heroes. I know I've talked about it before (maybe too often honestly), but that was just one slap in the face after another. One of my favorite Gen 1 characters making it in so soon? Great! Voiced by one of the few VAs I actually recognize? Sweet! And then there's her art... And her "weapon"... And her stats... And she won't even appear for me, which is an extra insult despite all the things that bother me about her in Heroes. At least her Cipher art still looks great. And they could've given her the same artist in Heroes but noooo, I guess not...

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

But then we'll have to choose who to use on Lucina Emblem! They wouldn't dare!

I was both happy and sad to see the cap increase the first time. Happy because more feathers, but sad because there were characters that I was planning to fodder off once I hit their max HM, and suddenly I had to use them even more.

See, my own experience has improved since I started sniping colors. I got almost no 5-stars for months at first (and almost all the ones I did get were off-focus), but once I started sniping, I finally started getting the characters I care about. If I hadn't sniped for Tailtiu, she would've cost me 55 orbs (thanks to the free pull); because I sniped, though, she only took 10 (again including the free pull). But as long as you've been getting better results, then it seems like a solid thing to do regardless.

People who never got S!Lucina will finally have a 4th one though!

I'll probably never fodder my terrible S!Xander (+Res/-Atk, why game) until the HM cap is raised to 9999 for that exact reason.

My thought process to stop color sniping is that since I'm no longer whaling, any unit, even 3* fodder, could eventually become scarce for me, so every pull is potentially useful. Not to mention that if I hadn't color-sniped for Lucina in the Brave Heroes banner, I might have ended up with more B!Lyn, B!Ike and B!Roy instead of the terrible pity breaker I got. Not to mention that my attitude toward pulling has greatly improved since I stopped caring about who I pulled.

It does help that I got really lucky lately. Got Hinoka, Oscar and Elincia from the PoR banner, Amelia, Azura and PA!Shigure from the Performing Arts banner and Sigurd on my second pull of the FE4 banner. Though that part might just be probabilities evening out after the terrible luck I had all through summer and till the CYL banner. I like to think of it as a cosmic reward for giving up on my whaling ways and finding the true zen state of pulling. 

And to be honest, the other thing that allows me not care as much about pulling specific characters is that my months of spending have given me a lot of really good units, some even with multiple merge levels l stopped updating my 5* list in the "How many 5* do you  have?" thread for a reason. As such, I'm ready to tackle most of what the game can throw at me and am not in real need of any unit in particular. Sure I would have liked a Nephenee and I still hope for Deirdre, but I have a lot of usable infantry lance and green mages units, so I'm not in dire need of them. I might change my tune whenever a RD banner with Micaiah or the Laguz royals is released though. 

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Her voice doesn't match her art in Heroes at all.  She's got the loli look going, but sounds like a real woman.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

People who never got S!Lucina will finally have a 4th one though!

I don’t even have regular Lucina :(

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Her voice doesn't match her art in Heroes at all.  She's got the loli look going, but sounds like a real woman.

Fault of the art indeed. She is definitely not a loli imouto, neither in the game nor in the supporting material.

Edited by Vaximillian