• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Well, why not, here are my other colours:

Blue- 4* Robin (M), the only raven mage without Raven+, -Spd Caeda (who doesn't get used), -Spd Delthea (who does), +Atk Linde, and there's probably a 4* Mae I want to use in there somewhere.

Green- Deirdre, Julia (both -Atk), +Spd Boey who's a defensive monster against bows with his Gronnraven+, 4* Robin (F) who's also got Gronnraven+, merged Merric who does not, Sonya of some use, 5* +Spd -Res Nino, +Atk Inigo, and a Soren I just used for the Tempest. (Wait, am I only missing Elise?)

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I have a -Atk Celica, a 4* +Atk Blade Lilina, and a 4* merged +Atk -Spd Raven Sophia.

I don't use the latter two as much as I should because of how my box is sorted doing psychological tricks or something like that.

-Atk Celica buddies!

i still have to train my 3 star +Atk/-Spd Sophia but she's just a bit expensive to make. Also because Arvis is new and shiny.

i really hope they do a special alt banner for GHB units or something. Armoured mage Arvis, Distant Counter Sword Robin (Levin sword?), actual accurate sword Narcian and most importantly, Lloyd with better artwork :( 

oh and Staff Xander for Xander Emblem

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

But not, like... in a weird way. I just want them both to be happy for once. Also Legion. But he seems pretty happy regardless.

They deserve it. S-supports shouldn’t have happened in the church, damn it!

Why can’t Legion support with other Legions? 

Anyway, Lilina was my second ever 5★ pulled. She’s +Atk and carried me through everywhere.

My red mages are:
Sanaki, Lilina, Henry, and Leo at 5-star (yes, I promoted a Henry for keeps; he was +atk -res); Arvis, Raigh, and Tharja at 4-star; and a Sophia at 3-star

My blue mages are:
Reinhardt, Olwen, Linde, Mae, Delthea, m!Robin, and Shigure at 5-star; Ursula at 4-star; and Odin at 3-star (he's +atk, might as well use him)

My green mages are:
Nino, f!Robin, and Sonya at 5-star; Merric, Boey, and Cecilia at 4-star

I need more green mages

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm with Vaximillian here, I never got regular Lucina either. So actually, a fifth Lucina would be great for me, so I could throw regular Marth in there instead and call it a day.

That makes sense. I think I may have just been unlucky early on, besides the off-focus Hinoka and Minerva; I had next to no 5-stars until the first SoV banners, and even then I was getting new ones slowly. My personal issue is that, when I don't snipe and get 5-stars, they're very rarely the ones I care about. The second SoV banner, for example, gave me Mae. I like Mae, but she's not terribly great, and I've never been able to get Celica, when I would've had a better chance to get her if I had sniped reds instead. the CYL banner is a weird example, because I wouldn't have pulled Brave Roy without sniping reds, but I also probably wouldn't have pulled Brave Lucina if she hadn't shown up in a session with no reds. I still prefer sniping personally, but I can see where full pulls can be very helpful.

I just remember that I haven't updated my own list of 5-stars in that thread in forever. I should probably get on that...

I have no S!Lucina or B!Lucina, so a chance at another at a fifth Lucina would be great. Regular Lucina is the 5* exclusive unit that has constantly appeared to me even when I wasn't looking for her. She even showed up when I was looking for her lance-wielding alter-ego. 

I can definitely understand that. I just decided to change my approach to pulling because it was reducing my enjoyment of the game. I not only stopped color sniping but also desiring a certain unit in every banner. There's often a unit that I want more than the others in the banners, but I now go into every banner expecting to have zero 5*, so any of them is a nice surprise.

When I went into banners with 200 bought orbs, sniping colors in hopes of a certain unit, only to never find it and have my 5% pity rate broken by the 5* version of a 4-5* unit or a focus unit I didn't care about, I wanted to throw my phone. It put me into a very unhealthy mindset that could lead to overspending. It's what happened in the CYL banners when the first 300 orbs weren't enough to secure B!Lucina. I went and got an additional 150. Compared to other people's pulls, I see that I was very, very unlucky that banner, but it was enough for me to realize that I was better off changing my whole approach to pulling in this game. I'm not saying that my approach is the best for everyone, just that it's the one that makes the game the most enjoyable to me as a player who went from whaling back to being solely F2P.

I stopped updating it back in June. I was using that thread as a way for me to keep a tally of my 5*, but I realized at that point that I had way more 5* than the average person posting in the thread and decided it was probably better to keep my list to my cetacean self.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My red mages are:
Sanaki, Lilina, Henry, and Leo at 5-star (yes, I promoted a Henry for keeps; he was +atk -res); Arvis, Raigh, and Tharja at 4-star; and a Sophia at 3-star

My blue mages are:
Reinhardt, Olwen, Linde, Mae, Delthea, m!Robin, and Shigure at 5-star; Ursula at 4-star; and Odin at 3-star (he's +atk, might as well use him)

My green mages are:
Nino, f!Robin, and Sonya at 5-star; Merric, Boey, and Cecilia at 4-star

I need more green mages

I desperately need more green mages.

Only have (admittedly perfect) Nino for my second account as a 5 star. I have a Merric, Boey and Cecilia (who does well as 4 star) but that's it. Julia, Deirdre, Sonya or even PAInigio would be amazing (if the game actually decides to give me green orbs)

My main has Merric +1 as my only 5 star green mage. Cecilia again works even as 4 star, and Nino is 4 star since I'm waiting for a +Spd version.

Oh and I guess F!Robin but she's just 3 star right now who i should upgrade.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

actual accurate sword Narcian

Not until we get Staff Flyer Narcian and Armor Mage Narcian.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They deserve it. S-supports shouldn’t have happened in the church, damn it!

Why can’t Legion support with other Legions? 

Anyway, Lilina was my second ever 5★ pulled. She’s +Atk and carried me through everywhere.

As much as the S Support annoys me for most pairings, it made the LucinaxLucina Support far more entertaining, since it was my first Heroes Support and I didn't know what to expect.

Speaking of, Legion might be the only GHB I plan to 5-star all the copies of, but never merge. I need that 4-Legion team for Arena Defense! Unfortunately I couldn't beat his Infernal map even on the repeat, so the team would be short a Legion anyway...

I think my second was... Marth, maybe? I can't remember if I sent someone home before him, but I think he was my second. My first was Minerva, which worked out great for me, since she was the 5-star I wanted most from the start.

Edit: @LuxSpes Sure wish I could get a pity-breaker Lucina... Would be nicer than getting another 5-star Tharja...

Ah, see, that's where are mindsets are different, and where my problem comes in: I have a favorite on every banner, often more than one. That's my curse of playing and beating every FE game (except FE10, ironically enough), and getting too attached to the cast of all of them. I do go into most banners expecting nothing, but to say I hope for nothing every time wouldn't quite be the truth.

Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that. I think my highest pity rate was 5.50% on the PA banner, but I did eventually get the Olivia I was hoping for. At least you realized the potential danger before going any further with it. As long as you've found the best way for you to enjoy the game, I'd say that's the most important thing. And hey, maybe Brave Lucina will break one of your pity rates in the future! Hopefully not for someone you want more than her, though...

Edited by DefaultBeep

17 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, am I only missing Elise?

You didn't list Spring!Camilla or Cecilia as well.

Anyways, my 5* mage breakdown:

Red: Leo, Summer!Leo, Tharja, Sanaki, Arvis, Katarina
Blue: Summer!Corrin, Performing!Shigure, M!Robin, Olwen, Delthea
Green: Summer!Elise, F!Robin, Performing!Inigo, Soren, Nino, Cecilia, Julia, Boey, Sonya

Yeah, my 5* green mage total is kinda equal to two-thirds of all the green mages in the game. While I do have a 4* Merric, I regrettably missed out on Spring!Camilla and likely won't be getting Deirdre anytime soon since PA!Azura and/or PA!Olivia are top priority for me right now.

My first 5 stars were Lyn and Merric from the same session and a Camilla for my second account.

Speaking of Narican, I really want to do a Kaiji Tang voiced team someday. Lloyd, Narcian and Odin are already here.

I just need one more. Shiro from Fates would be great!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Yesterday I learnt that Xander and Siegbert share a voice.

Heirs of Fate when?

After Leif/Micaiah I guess?

But Siegbert's voice is so disappointing

Actually I just learned Shiro's voice is Odin's voice, which I actually didn't recognise. I knew I like Shiro's VA so much somehow!

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, we're counting mounts? (Fun fact, all this changes is that I have a 4* 40 Ursula theoretically capable of doing stuff).

Well, I was at least.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

But Siegbert's voice is so disappointing

Actually I just learned Shiro's voice is Odin's voice, which I actually didn't recognise. I knew I like Shiro's VA so much somehow!

Not nearly as disappointing as Asugi's. It was even Gideon Emery reprising and everything!

Kaiji Tang is also Ignatius, in case you weren't aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not nearly as disappointing as Asugi's. It was even Gideon Emery reprising and everything!

Wait - they had the same VA??? Oh goodness... Asugi, how did everything about you go so horribly wrong...?

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

After Leif/Micaiah I guess?

After Leif/Micaiah I want Genealogy Gen 2. After that though, anything goes.

And Siegbert isn’t disappointing, fight me!

Edited by Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wait - they had the same VA??? Oh goodness... Asugi, how did everything about you go so horribly wrong...?

Sadly, yes. If it's any consolation, Ray Chase would likely take over as Asugi if candy ninja ever shows up in Heroes and I can't imagine Chase's Asugi being worse than.....whatever the hell the voice directors told Emery to do.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Sadly, yes. If it's any consolation, Ray Chase would likely take over as Asugi if candy ninja ever shows up in Heroes and I can't imagine Chase's Asugi being worse than.....whatever the hell the voice directors told Emery to do.

I wonder how Rhajat will sound. Heroes Tharja already sounds like Rhajat with her unhinged laugh and everything.

Will Heroes Rhajat get Awakening Tharja’s subdued giggle?

I just don't like when VAs use squeaky voices since it sounds so forced (i.e. Hinoka, Japanese VA does her much better), I guess it's Emery trying to sound like a teen? 

Peri's squeakiness for both languages are pretty bad though. 

@Vaximillian His voice isn't the worst per se, but the delivery could be better. Maybe a bit too passive when he's doing his critical lines? (I mean I know he suffers from confidence issues but overall it's just like he doesn't speak to the microphone much imo)

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I just don't like when VAs use squeaky voices since it sounds so forced (i.e. Hinoka, Japanese VA does her much better), I guess it's Emery trying to sound like a teen? 

*cough, cough* JP Sumia *cough, cough* JP Olivia *cough, cough* JP Felicia

Huh, I should probably get that coughing looked at.

Honestly, I was perfectly content with Elizabeth Daily's voice work in Fates. Cindy Robinson's Peri on the other hand.........no. Just, no.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Ugh... Anything other than Asugi's voice would be better. This news just makes me dislike him even more, since Gaius's voice in Awakening was perfection. Although Ray Chase does a solid job in Heroes, so hopefully Asugi will turn out for the better. Assuming that trash of a child can manage to crawl out of his ditch and find someone that cares about him enough to put him in Heroes.

I dislike Asugi, if that isn't clear.

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It took me a while to believe that those two share a VA with Minerva. The difference in their pitches and delivery (and ability to be tolerated) are very different to me, although the similarity is there after listening to them enough.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, I was perfectly content with Elizabeth Daily's voice work in Fates. Cindy Robinson's Peri on the other hand.........no. Just, no.

My only issue with Elizabeth Daily as Hinoka is that I know her best from Rugrats, which I watched quite a bit growing up. Hearing Tommy Pickles's voice every time I saw her was... awkward. Especially in the playthrough where I married her.

@Tybrosion @DefaultBeep I just think Hinoka's English VA (both of them) makes her sound too much childish (and I guess sterotypically tomboyish) compared to her badass Japanese voice, who sounds like a strong woman that fits her design.

Olivia and Sumia I can tolerate. Olivia can be too much when she shouts in her crit buuut it suits her character/design at least. Japanese Felicia/Peri though are a bit too much.

Also yeah I learned Kaiji was Ignaitus as well at the same time as the Shiro 'mind blown' moment while I was looking at Lloyd's wiki. As of now, Lloyd is the closest I can get to Owain in Heroes so that will have to do!

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Ugh... Anything other than Asugi's voice would be better. This news just makes me dislike him even more, since Gaius's voice in Awakening was perfection. Although Ray Chase does a solid job in Heroes, so hopefully Asugi will turn out for the better. Assuming that trash of a child can manage to crawl out of his ditch and find someone that cares about him enough to put him in Heroes.

I dislike Asugi, if that isn't clear.

Jesus, and I thought I had problems with Asugi...

Asugi's voicing acting is even more jarring given that Emery sounds perfectly fine in his other two roles in Fates (Keaton, Dwyer).

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

My only issue with Elizabeth Daily as Hinoka is that I know her best from Rugrats, which I watched quite a bit growing up. Hearing Tommy Pickles's voice every time I saw her was... awkward. Especially in the playthrough where I married her.

If it helps, she's also Buttercup (another tomboy) from the original Powerpuff Girls.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Tybrosion @DefaultBeep I just think Hinoka's English VA (both of them) makes her sound too much childish (and I guess sterotypically tomboyish) compared to her badass Japanese voice, who sounds like a strong woman that fits her design.

Fair enough. I never go out of my way to listen to the Japenese voice acting usually, so I can't really compare the two myself.